6 Monthers, STS, Saturday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. I only have a minute to post real quickly. I decided last night to participate in a 5K race fundraiser this morning. Younger DS ended up having a friend sleep over, so I'm taking the kids up to this friend's house while I go run. This is my first race in several months, since fighting the PF in my foot (oh, btw, my inner thigh is doing just fine and the tweek went away). I like to set a goal time for myself, so today I'm shooting for 27:00. This race is for a local boy who died from a rare form of cancer about 3 years ago, so there will be a lot of folks from my hometown.

I'll check back when I get home. The only other thing I want to get done today is the grocery store. ANything beyond that will be nice.

Gayle

Have fun at the race Gayle!

Just finished disc 22 for the first time, I was thinking it would be eaiser because it's shorter, not true. Those drop sets are hard! Will try and get some abs in today as well.

Need to get some housework/gardening in today for sure. Cendrine, I am going to try a vegetable garden for the first time. Haven't bought any seeds yet so need to get to the store as well. Also have 2 hockey games, swimming lessons and one piano lesson. DH is taking ds to the two hockey games and I will do swimming and piano. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Poor kids, I feel so bad for them. I really try not to overschedule them but it seems everything is happening at once.

The practice piano exam last night was a diaster. DD (who's 8) ended up crying.:(:( We went to a different music teacher (a friend of our teacher) to run through a mock exam. DD got nervous, didn't understand the instructions for some things and just ended up in tears. But I learned alot on how to help her practice. I guess this in the reason that we do practice exams. Back to the regular music teacher today to review how it went.
Kim

Good morning Gayle and to all who follow.
This 4 day weekend suddenly got very busy. I thought we only had our friends b-day on Sunday but now it has turned into lots of visiting and helping friends out across our little countryside:D.DH has to go help a frien today put carpet in his old fishing boat so I am going to tag along and visit with his wife. It is about an hrs drive but they live on a farm with all sorts of exotic animals from miniature cows to a wallaby (<spelling:confused:) Then tomorrow is the b-day plus helping put the finishing touches on their shower and then I think MIL is coming on monday. Somewhere in there I want to try to prep some food for next week but I have no idea when that will take place!

Today was disc 21 and let me tell you I really struggled today! But even though I had to lower weight and even pause on a the bicep curls just so I could try to get most of my reps in, I felt like I really worked hard. I wonder if I am still gaining muscle if I had to lower my weight just to complete my reps? Esp. considering that I did it with a higher weight last week? Any thoughts?

Jo-I did end up taking the blender back yesterday, but since with this particular product you normally have to deal direct with the company, I had to pay a 10$ shipping fee to have the broken one returned. I only had the darn thing for a week so I thought this was not my responsiblity but I love the people at this store so I just zipped my mouth and payed the 10 $ and took my new blender.I am envious of you cherry tree and your apples. Niether of those trees would do well here. What do you do with all those apples?

Gayle- I hope you were able to get your garden planted. Down here in TX, if you haven't got it in the ground yet it is too late now! But since we work so much during these upcoming months, we do not have time for a garden. (not counting my killer black thumb:eek:) Luckily though, I am fortunate enough to have inlaws and friends that are excellent gardeneers<---my made up word, so they are always contributing to me.
Your kids sound like alot of fun! Most kids these days do not make up there own fun anymore. They get it from the TV screen.

Julie-I can only imagine the battles you are dealing with right now. I hope your kids will understand. I also hope you are able to get into your workout and sweat out some of that negative energy and just forget about stuff for an hour or so.

Kim-I don't think you have to worry about missing a few workouts. Paddle boating can be hard work too!:D DH and I are in commercial flooring. We install floors in schools , hospitals, churches, just about any type of business really. But he does alot of specialty floors, esp. in hospitals that have to be welded so they are able to be completely sterilized.
DH has recovered from STS but I do not believe he has even attempted another workout. He will go in the workout room and work his chest a bit and his bi's maybe tri's. You know how guys are. These are there keynote muscles that they want to make like Arnold:p

Cendrine-Hommingbird Cake is probably a southern cake. It has pineapple and banana . I think cinnamon and nutmeg are some of the spices. Right after I get off here I am going to get started on it. But don't you worry, wasn't going to lighten it so much that they could tell. So I think I am going to just not have any, and make it with the ingredients it has listed, unless I see some changes that I have tried before and know work.
It must be great just being able to load up the car and go to Disney. We are so far away from anything fun. But we just have to make our own;)

Busy day ahead but I will try to bbl.

Rachel

Hi Guys,

I made protein pancakes for the family this morning. I added vanilla and lemons zest and it is really good that way! I had them with Strawberries, dh with syrup, dd with butter and ds with white chocolate chips melted on top...:)

I'm just letting the food settle a little and then I'm off to do LIC cardio premix and abs. Sometime today I want to print and preview the Meso 2 week 4 workouts so I'll be ready to go on Monday.

Rachel, I think you will build muscle because you are going to failure, even if you are not meeting the goal weight on paper. I know I have been doing less weights than the wm tells me for most exercises (probably did the 1RMs wrong) and I have been gaining an average of at least 1 lbs of muscle a month. And I don't even go to failure, I just work hard and feel the burn. So I think as long as you are working hard you will see results!
That cake sounds yummy! Usually when I bake I do standard changes like use part or all apple sauce instead of butter, part or all white whole wheat flour and sometimes splenda or agave nectar for sugar. In your case, you might be able to crush pineapple for an applesauce substitute... It might make it nice and moist.

Julie, have a great workout, it's a great feeling to be motivated to get in better shape! I'm glad your talk with the kids is over. Now you can just kind of recover.

Kim, sorry about dd piano practice experience. I hope she does well later!

Gayle, have a great race! 27:00 for a 5 K is fast! At lest for me it is! Let us know how you did!

Have a nice weekend all!

Hi, guys. I just wanted to share my excitement with my 6 Month Peeps! I finished the 5K in 25:55 and I'm super excited about that. There was one looooonnnnnnggggg hill and a smaller steeper one, but HILLS are where I excel and really pump it out!

Sorry, need to dry my hair and get some things done (like groceries, buying veggies plants, etc).

BBL, I PROMISE!

KEEP IT CLEAN, ladies!

Gayle

OK ladies. I'm back to report my day!

What a way to start my recovery week after Meso 2!!!!! I'm so glad I decided to do today's 5K. Not only to test out my foot (which felt fine the whole race) and not just to challenge myself on what is normally my rest day, but also for the cause. This kid was only 17 when he died 3 years ago, and it just makes me count my blessings all the more. It makes me realize that what COUNTS is family and friends, not the number on the scale or the way my quads look (or don't look, HA)! What counts is that all the runners today raised over $16,000 for cancer research. IN ONE DAY!!!

My results....timed in at 25:55. I beat my personal goal and I'm pumped. I came in #73 out of over 250 people, and 3rd in my age group (which is hard when they have 10-year age groups like 30-39...I like it better when it's 35-39! LOL). I felt great, and did my usual Pass A Ton Of People On The Hills. Hills are my strong suit and everytime I run up one in a race, I consider it an IMax interval!

I've decided to run another 5K on Monday morning. My mom, dad and younger DS are going to do the walk, I'll do the run and older DS will wait at the start/finish line for me, keeping an eye on the clock to see if I can beat my goal time (which will NOW be 25:55! LOL)!

OK....I found myself with the entire afternoon to myself. My friend's DH took my boys to the movies with him and his kids. It saved me from having to fight off the constant urge to indulge in one of my fave treats....movie theater BUTTER popcorn! So I ran errands all day and got ALL my grocery trips done, grass dumped, laundry hung on the line. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing night.

8 SCHOOL LUNCHES TILL SUMMER VACATION FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Everyone - Happy Weekend! Sorry don't have time to post much! I have a house full of company and snuck up here to post a hello! I was able to get Disc 23 in this morning along with Weights and Plates.

I will check with you tomorrow! The weather is gorgeous here and we've been outside all day! Forgive me for not posting more! :eek:

Oh, to keep everyone healthy, my GF and I made big shrimp and crab louies for everyone along with giant fruit bowl and nuts! They were wonderful!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.