6 Monthers, STS, Saturday

banslug

Cathlete
Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year.

Good SATURDAY morning, girls!

We've made it TO another weekend, let's make it THRU the weekend with clean eating. Deal???

A few comments, sorry I can't remember to whom they're directed! LOL

On the eating at night. I agree with what Cendrine said that it's better to eat something than nothing. When I first started Weight Watchers, like 6 years ago, my bedtime ritual was to crawl into bed with a dish of yogurt mixed with f/f cool whip. It was my all time fave treat at that time and I looked forward to it every single day. Even now, with my eating 6 meals a day, my last 'meal' is usually around 8 or 9 pm at night.

Drill Max.....LOVE THAT workout. I did the Cardio Leg Blast Premix last week and loved it. I just love cardio. Period. lol I've been experimenting with the premixes these last few weeks and have found some fun ones....like the Kick Max low impact KB premix. and LIC......cardio premix with the blast add-on...TRY IT!

OK....so today is my official rest day and I need it. I really feel the NEED for the rest day after 6 straight days of STS and awesome cardio. DOMS in my upper half from yesterday's Cardio Kicks...that workout gets me EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!

Cendrine-I'm curious, and maybe this has been asked before. With all your knowledge on cooking and food and stuff, is it just a hobby or have you done 'more' with it (like school or something similar?). Just curious.

Yesterday was an AWESOME day! And I know you all comment about how busy I always am. But if you LOOK at my typical day, it's not all that busy, really. I think it SOUNDS busier than it is. LOL Or maybe it's just My Normal? Don't know. But yesterday ROCKED! My best friend (she lives right across the street) works full time and has 2 kids (ages 2 and 6) and although we live so close, sometimes we go a whole week without really seeing or speaking with each other. She took a day off work yesterday because her DS didn't have school, so we ended up just spending the day together doing all those fun things: pedi, lunch with the kids, donate blood, grocery store, and then we hung out last night. It was glorious and reminded me how important it is to surround yourself with positive people.

OK....so today is quiet. I PROMISE! :) Older DS is supposed to have a baseball game tonight at 6, but the forecast is for rain all day. And guess what.....that's the ONLY thing on the calendar today. So we may actually be bored! Ya think? We'll see how we end up spending our day.

Gotta get a shower to start the day (just polished off my large protein pancake, yum)!

BBL

GO TACKLE YOUR SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Last edited:
Good Morning All You 6 Monthers!!

I was M.I.A. yesterday, but I had a very productive and fun day (I think I was having a Gayle day :D:D). I did Disc 18 for the first time (back and bi's), took Toby for a 3 mile walk, laundry on the line (beautiful day for sheets drying) grocery shopping, dropped off dry cleaning, then DH and DS decide we should go out to dinner and see a movie. We went to a restaurant that specializes in unique salads, so I was good and ordered a very healthy salad! I resisted the temptation to pick at DS's french fries, which were making my mouth water!!!

I am really feeling my bi's this morning. Disc 18 was pretty challenging for me, especially the bisep curls with the bar! A couple of days ago I was laying on the ground playing with Toby, and while I was pushing myself off the ground, my DH commented on how nice by bi's were looking (Yeah Baby)!!! It's amazing how a compliment can really spur you on. Today I am going to do a cardio workout on the treadmill, but I have a hair appt. for my DS this morning, so I will do when we get back.

Tonight DH and I will be going to a club with my girlfriend Teri. Teri works with a group of men that started a band several years ago, and they are playing tonight at a club about 45 minutes from us. What's fun about this band is that they are all GM employees (both Teri and DH are GM employees) and they are all 40 and older in age. They play strictly classic rock and are really, really good. We will get a front row table because they are friends of Teri, and there will be a lot of people from Teri's work there for us to socialize with. We enjoy getting dressed up and going out every once and awhile. I have stayed on target with with Memorial Day Challenge, with no deviations, but I'm worried that I may slip up tonight. It will be a late night, so I am trying to plan ahead, and will have a healthy snack in my purse, in case I need to slip outside and eat something to recharge me.

I plan on cooking most of the afternoon until we leave tonight, so I should have the fridge filled with lots of healthy things to eat in case I have the blahs tomorrow from staying out late tonight. OK, I need to get DS up and ready for his appt. I will CBL for personals!!

Mary

Hey, Mary! I'm jealous. I may be busy during the day/week, but you have a LIFE! lol Square/Barn Dance, friends in a band. That's a LIFE! :D Enjoy yourself tonight, and as you said just go prepared with a secret snack and a plan. Drink diet soda with lime/lemon or my fave is simple ice water with a lime AND lemon slice with a fancy stir straw! lol Your day yesterday sounds AWESOME!!!

Gayle

Hello Everyone!

Did George die on Grey's? That was not my interpretation. I hope not, he is so adorable.
I am still recovering from surgery so no workout for me today, although I did march in a parade today with DD Daisy Girl Scout Troop. I had surgery Thursday, today is Saturday and my STBX still has not even noticed!Everyone that sees me asks me what happened, since I can barely open my mouth from all the stiches in my gums it is pretty obvious, plus my fae is swollen. Yet another reminder why I shouldn't be so distraught of the divorce. Just sucks though.

I ran into a Mom I know at the parade. The last time I saw her she weighed about 80 pounds more! She looked amazing. She is using Jilliam Michaels workouts and a treadmill.

I got Oxygen's Glute Issue yesterday. OMG!!! I want one of those butts! So that is my new goal. I am still really sore from dis 14 that I did on Wednesday. I can barely walk. Between my face and my legs I look like I was mugged. LOL

julie

Oh, Julie. Now I have to go get that issue of Oxygen. Take it easy today, and just ignore STBX. He's not worth it! :)

Gayle

Hi Guys,

I did LIC cardio time saver premix and abs. I felt pretty good and I think maybe it was the glutamine I started taking? It was measuring day today. I'm up one lb in muscle, not fat loss this time. I wonder if it is because I had to rely on some bars for the last two weeks for meals? Anyway, not that I need to lose more fat, and the extra muscle is great!

DS brought home a fundraiser flyer for Jamba Juice, we love that place! So that is what we had for lunch today! Yum! I had the sherbert switched with plain yoghurt to get rid of the sugar and added soy and whey protein boost to make it clean for me. It was delish!

Mary, you can do it tonight! I know you can! I'm cooking ahead today too! It's nice to have things ready to grab!

Gayle, I don't do anything other than cook and read up on nutrition for personal interest. Maybe when the kids are grown something will come of it, but for now it is just a hobby.

Julie, I'm so sorry you are feeling so sore! Are you enjoying some yummy smoothies on your liquid diet while you have a chance?

I'm off to finish some meals before taking hubby to the pool to show off the kids' new swim skills and keep practicing them so they don't forget...:)

Hi Again Everybody!!

I just finished my cardio on the treadmill, 6.2 mile run (I'm dripping like a faucet as I type). I cooked a huge pot of chili for tomorrow, made DH and DS a chicken and rice meal for dinner tonight. I'm having a chicken wrap with veggies. I made weight watchers muffins (makes about 80 and I freeze the extras). I also cut up a melon, and red/yellow/orange peppers for snacking. My DH and DS begged for chocolate chip cookies, so DH ran to the store for butter and I made a batch using "2" bags of chips. The cookies don't tempt me as much as bread, so I should be fine. I'm taking Teri a bag of cookies, and between the boys, there won't be many left tomorrow
icon14.gif

Gayle-For many years DH and I stuck close to home with DS being younger. Now that he is older, he either has a friend over, or he spends the night at a friends, which allows us to go out more often. Most of our friends have children that are grown and out of the house, so for many years we were the ones always leaving early from a party, or declining invitations because we wanted to spend more time at home. We are finally getting to a point that we can accept more invitations. Thanks for the suggestions on what to drink tonight. As I've mentioned before, my biggest problem is mostly with the cocktails!! I never drink at home, but when I'm out, I do like to have a few cocktails. My DH is not much of a drinker, so he is always our DD when we go out. I will order a diet coke and sip on that throughout the night and see how that goes (wish me luck!!!)

Chrissy-You and I have the same sense of humor!! I was thinking the same thing about offering Gayle one of my veins in the back of my legs. Mine are there because of all the added weight I carried for several years. They just don't seem to want to go away:confused::confused:!! I wish I lived closer to you so that I could participate in the NYC walk. It sounds like a blast!!

Julie-I hope you have a speedy recovery from your mouth surgery. What a fun way to spend the day marching in a parade. Was there a special reason for the parade, or was it primarily for the girl scouts?

If everybody else is on, then so am I for the next challenge date of July 4th. I need to get to Memorial Day 1st, but July 4th will be a piece of cake.

Well I need to hit the shower and start getting ready for tonight. Enjoy your evening, and I'll update you tomorrow on how things go tonight.

Mary

Good afternoon ladies...Sorry I am checking in so late. The day just got away from me. I had to do alot of errands today before the big storms come in tonight. Not counting that my dogs went on a bunny killing rampage today:mad: so that had to be dealt with:(. I guess it is the nature of living in the woods but I hate it!

Today was disc 21. Back and bi's. I had to drop weight on the dbl. wave load curls., but I tried to give it everything that I had. So that has got to count for something , right? Tomorrow is the rest day for me and I am most certainly looking forward to it.

I have to thank all of you guys because today I went into the liquor store to get some wine and I got carded! I haven't been carded in I don't know how long. I told the guy that while he was scanning my ID and he said 'you don't look that old' And he asked another older gentleman how old he thought I was and he said 'Maybe 22 or 25'! I am 32 so my bad day (dead bunnies) had a little bit of sunshine in it. Is that wrong?:confused: But the reason why I am thanking you guys is because I think it might have alot to do with the clean eating. I am not getting alot of processed food with all that added sodium and I am drinking tons of water and I don't think I would be doing this well if I did not have to get on here and admit my sins. So thank you guys for making me accountable and for making me look possibly 10 yrs younger. Or the guy could just have bad eyesight:p.

Cendrine Thanks for all the input esp. about eating late. I need to really start making some soup for the week because they would be quick to heat up and I know I need something quick or else I will be tempted just to go to bed without. Which I am not a big fan of anyway. I like fueling for my workouts.

Chrissy You didn't ruin Grey's for me. At least I do not know who died. That is the only bad thing about DVR, you have to avoid spoilers any way you can. It does not really bother me too much to know some details. I will watch it tomorrow morning and probably cry. You know its the emotional time of the month for me. So can you imagine this morning with the bunnies. Horrible! thank goodness DH was here because I could not have dealt with it on my own.

Mary- I am with you on resisting temptation on the DH's fries. So proud of you Girl! Stay strong tonnight! Sometimes it is hard on a late night when everybody wants to go out after the bar to an all night eatery. (I have had that happen)But you can do it!

Well I guess I will go. I have rambled enough! I am having a turkey burger tonight! Yum. Trying a new soup recipe tomorrow and I will let you all know if it is good!

Rachel

Good Evening everyone!

I had a long day. Got up early to do disc 19- chest, tris and shoulders. I hate shoulders. I feel so weak when I do them. I can never do my target. And I have adjusted my 1rm and still struggle with getting all my reps. Actually I felt very off today through the whole thing. Even my target weight for my tris seemed too heavy. After the workout I made homemade waffles I couldn't even whisk the batter because my arms were too tired. I of course did not have any because you gals make me accountable. :D-Thankyou!! I had 2 protein pancakes with some cinnamon-yummy.
My oldest son had a makeup baseball game at 11:00, we were at the field at 10:30. At 1:00 he finished and my younger one had a game. So we were at the field from 10:30 to about 3:30. It wouldn't have been so bad if it was nice out but it was misty, clamy and cloudy. I signed the kids up for summer camp today. Then I promised the kids carvel after the game (again i didn't have any). My husband went to the grocery store, so he wouldn't be tempted (by carvel). I have an easier time with carvel than he does. Then we prepared dinner for tomorrow, his uncle is coming from NJ (i never met him before). Then we made dinner- had a large salad with grilled chicken. I just finished cleaning up. After the kids shower we are going to have movie night and watch Men in Black.

I have officially lost 13 lbs. I am very excited. I am going to reach my goal by the official start of summer (8 more lbs). It is going to be a good one. I am going to live in my bathing suit this year -LOL.

Mary- I can't bake anymore. Right now it is way to tempting for me. So just holidays. I would eat the raw cookie dough and then have to taste a cookie from every batch. Then I would eventually get out the PB and eat more cookies. My mouth is watering now, I have to stop!! I also wish we could all do the walk together, that would be a blast. Have fun tonight it sounds like a lot of fun.

Julie- I hope you feel better soon. I think George did die. Because Izzy and George met at the elevator, and Izzie definitely died. And George was supposed to leave the show too. So even if he happens to recover and is not officially dead, he is off the show. He didn't like the way his story line was going. It was a shocker wasn't it. So sad.
I just bought that issue of Oxygen but I didn't read it yet.

Cendrine- Is it warm by you? Are the swimming lessons outside? You are in Ca right. We had 80 degree weather about 2 weeks ago, so we opened our pool and its been rainy and hasn't really gotten out of the 60's since. It looks like memorial day weekend it might hit the 70's but I don't know about swimming. My oldest son is dying to get into the pool.

If you are reading this Kim and Jo-hope you are having a good time.
Have a good night everyone.
chrissy

Last edited:
I am sad that George died. I used to watch weekly but have not seen it at all this season.

The parade was a local town parade. It is a holiday of sorts for the town. During the parade the marchers throw candy at the spectators, needless to say everyone loves it. My DD decided to stop and hand it out personally to the kids who were too small to get it fast enough. It was very cute. DS collected a big bag of candy for DD since she was marching and he was not.

Chrissy, Way to go on the 13 pounds lost!!! I gained back the pound I lost in Meso 1. Thats okay because now I have my new big butt goal.

Hoping to do disc 15 tomorrow and then pick up 13 on Monday for the second time.

A friend of mine came up with a kick a** excel spread sheet for tracking caories and hteir macronutrients. I am loving it! I like tracking what I eat because it helps me keep everything in check. When I don't track I find myself getting too many simple carbs.

got to run

julie

Hi everybody. Last post of the day for me and I'm heading to bed. I printed off my workout sheets for this week, my LAST week of Meso 2! I can't believe it!

Today was a good, quiet and calm day. The kids and I hit the dump to dump my grass (this is becoming a weekly thing, lol), then we went to the park and signed the kids up for Summer Rec Camp (sound familiar, Chrissy?) Then we hung out around home just doing different things here and there until DS baseball game tonight at 6. We thought it was going to get cancelled since it poured off and on all day, but it cleared up long enough for the game. Then we went to visit my parents right afterward....they live in our same town and only 5 minutes from us. It was a nice night...Mom and I ended up going thru the box of stuff for me that has a bunch of grade school and Jr High and High School stuff....pictures, crafts, memorabilia, etc. It was fun and funny. We came across several pictures of my DH and it was nice to show the kids what he looked like when we were much younger and before we were married. I'm going to be getting that box very soon, when I make room for it so I can go thru it and scrapbook all that stuff. I'm really looking forward to it. ANYWAY, my kids ended up staying there for about an hour so I came home and just did a few small things around the house till they got home. Mom dropped them off and called on her cell on her way home to thank me for letting them stay there. She loved it!

Cendrine, I've never heard of Jamba Juice...maybe that's a good thing? ;) OH! And I LOVE that LIC cardio premix.....just LOVE it. Add on the blast add-on next time...I DARE YA! :)

Chrissy, some days it's tougher to hit those target weights, isn't it? Great job pushing thru it though. During one workout in this Meso (I can't remember which disc), Cathe actually SAYS not to worry if you can't do all the reps we're shooting for....the goal is to TRY and do your best. Enjoy your company tomorrow! GREAT JOB on those 13 pounds, girl! And when IS the official start of Summer? We'll have to see how that plays out in our goal dates we've been setting.

Julie, I hope the swelling and pains subside a bit tomorrow....a bit better each day, right? I LOL at your 'got mugged' comment! Too funny! And the parade sounds FUNS!

Rachel, ya gotta love getting carded! WOO HOO to the gentleman with GOOD eyesight! ;)

Mary, I hope you're having a good time right now!!! Your food prep today sounds AWESOME! What's the WW muffin recipe??? ON the kids and getting out. I've actually been able to get out a bit more recently myself. Book Club, Bunco, and an occasional date with NOW EX BF. Each year the kids get older, it's a bit easier. I've actually been able to leave them home alone for a wee bit when I have a quick errand to run. I know it's not legal yet at their age, but nobody will tell, right? An hour TOPS is the most I've left them and with my cell phone on me that whole time, it's no biggie. Plus, I usually do it when my best friend is home across the street and I give her a quick call just to give her the heads up that I'm going and they're not. Anyway...enjoy yourself tonight!

OK....time to pack it in for the night. I have disc 22 tomorrow morning and I'm shooting for a 7am workout plus the Extended Stretch!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.