6 Monthers, STS, Saturday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning. The weekend has arrived and it's MAY 9th, ladies!

May NINTH!!!!!!

We made it to our goal date.
ALL OF US MADE IT!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Memorial Day, here we COOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I, for one, am thankful today is a rest day. I'm mentally drained, and I don't get this feeling very often. Communion Day today as well, but after this crazy week I just had, I'm looking forward to a peaceful hour in church! LOL Who would thunk? :D

I'm showered and need to dry my hair. Then it's breakfast for the kids and out the door we go. I'll be back later tonight, most likely, after dinner. We're going to church, then the Italian place, then home to quick change then the farm for our Open House. I'll be back after that.

GREAT JOB, LADIES!

YOU ALL ROCK!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone.

We made it through our first challenge. Yippee!! I came out ahead (it was a little iffy for awhile-:eek:) Thankyou all for the support. So our next challenge date is in 2 weeks. I am psyched. Lets do it!!

Gayle- hope you have a great day. Try to relax and enjoy it. I was contemplating cardio this morning but I was very stiff!! Can't imangine why;). I could always make it a rest day. I don't really have them set in stone. I have my planned weight training days and then fit cardio around them. If I feel like exercising and its been a week since a rest I still will exercise. I figure if I will eventually get a rest day when something unplanned comes up in my schedule.

Jo- glad you are feeling better!!

BBL- have a healthy and strong day
chrissy

Just a quick checkin.
Disc 18 was today and I am wiped out. My time of the month is coming and it is draining my energy I guess. But do to all the water I have been chugging and our goal and all the clean eating I have been doing I haven't had the normal solid week of hunger that I normally have. That is a blessing but I am still bloated.:confused: Guess it is the water gain. It will go away I am sure of it. Mother Nature's vicious cycle! I am so proud of all of us though and I know that without you guys I would not have done this well with my eating.
I have a busy day ahead so Iam going to get on with it and BBL.

Thank you guys for being a great support!
Rachel

Good Morning!

I am completely back to normal (what is THAT???). :eek: So I had to chalk yesterday up to a rest day and I'm off to do Disc 19 (2nd time) today.

Gayle, have a wonderful Communion Day and enjoy the CSA!

Chrissy, maybe you should do some walking or other light cardio today. Enjoy your day!

Rachel, I just finished TTOTM so it I guess my migraine was how I wrapped up the week! :( I have found when I'm eating clean like we are and having no sugar my PMS symptoms and loss of energy are almost nil. Of course, this is my own personal scientific study :p so it could be coincidence, but since I've take sugar out of my regiment, everything about me is better! :D The only thing that hasn't changed is my headaches as they have more to do with other triggers.

Off to workout - Disc 19 here I come. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :eek:

HORRAY, HORRAY, HORRAY TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!

OK everybody, I made it through this challenge unscathed and I am so proud of all of you and of ME!!!!! I had an incredible busy day yesterday, with the party planning and all the cooking and cleaning we do for it!!! We hold the square dance in my sisters 50-60 year old barn. We did a thorough cleaning yesterday, moving out all the things that are stored in a large barn throughout the year (LOT'S AND LOT'S OF STUFF). Even though the weather was cool, we had a major sweat going on.... We are anticipating about 75 people coming to the party tonight, so there is lots of prep work in advance. I cooked, shopped and cleaned yesterday, and started again when I woke up this morning. My sister and I make the larger food items, and then we ask people to bring a dish to pass to help us with the expense. It's been raining here on and off all morning, but the forecast says sun will be out in time for the party (YEEHAWW). DH is at the barn now setting up and covering the tables, and DS spent the night at a friends (he knows to get out of moms way when she is flying around the house).

Gayle-I know we say it over and over, but thank you for your endless words of encouragement. You start us off each morning with boundless energy, and it is very contagious!!! If not for you and the rest of these fantastic woman, I would not be where I am emotionally and physically. I am now proud to stand in front of a mirror and not cringe when I look at my body, and I can appreciate the hard work that went into it. Great job on the "no clothes fitting", have fun finding new clothes to replace the old. Hope you had a fantastic day with your family and friends in celebrating your son's confirmation. Enjoy Mothers Day tomorrow, you deserve it!!!

Cendrine-THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the peach-blueberry cobbler. I made it this morning, and can't wait to try it tonight. I made a single batch, so I will be selective of who I share it with tonight. lol!! There will be lots of other goodies for others to eat, so I won't feel too guilty not sharing. I also have a veggie tray that I will take with me, so even though I would consider this my free day after the challenge, I really don't want to take it!! I may indulge in a few cocktails, but we'll see.... I also wanted to say thank you for sharing you religious beliefs with us. I was raised in a very strong traditional catholic family, and all 9 of my brothers and sisters and I went to parochial schools. I am no longer a practicing catholic, but the teachings that were instilled in us at school and church, many are permanently imbedded in me.

Rachel-When I was doing my cardio coach a couple of days ago, I was getting to a difficult point in the workout, and Coach Sean said "It's time to get busy and wear off that ice cream you ate", and I couldn't help but laugh and think of you and your ice cream story. Strawberry ice cream popped into my head temporarily, and that helped fuel my workout to the end. I also had to laugh when you were talking about your friends Halloween Parties. My sister and I LOVE Halloween more than any other time of the year. As you can tell, we put on a lot of parties, but Halloween is our GRAND PARTY. We have invested in every kind of ghoul, witch, ghost, screamer, head turning zoombie possible. We hold the Halloween Party in her barn also, with heaters and fog machines. We have people come the first year and don't get dressed up because they feel silly, but they quickly realize they are the oddity because they are not in costume. The next year they come in full-out costume, and I can't help but think I've converted another to the "fun" side of halloween. lol!!!

Kim-I'm sorry I didn't send my condolences to you and your mother regarding the passing of her friend. It's always difficult to see the one's we love hurting, but knowing that you are there to support her is more than words can say. On another note, how did your DH handle the backing up of the new camper?? Hopefully he didn't take out a tree or the garage in the process!!! My DH and I had a 29' travel trailer that we kept at a campground each year for about 8 years. We were right on the Ausable River and it was so much fun. The lots were so spacious and you didn't feel like you were sandwiched in. We ended up selling the trailer a few years ago and just haven't replaced it yet. I miss camping (if you call sleeping in a king size bed camping), and the friendships we developed with other campers. I can't wait to hear some of your camping stories!!

Chrissy-WTG on the weight loss. I'm with you on taking the rest day more so when the body tells you it's time. I had always been habitual for working out even though my body was telling me it needed to rest, so that is one of the things I am working on to change about me. Tomorrow is my scheduled rest day, but if I'm feeling good after all the dancing we do tonight, I may just tackle a moderate cardio workout to round out my week. If I wake up and still moving slowly after a couple cups of coffee, then I will put my feet up and relax the way Mothers Day was intended!!! Enjoy your Mothers Day!!!

Jo-Those blasted headaches!!! The powers to be can send a man to the moon, but they can't find a 100% cure for a migraine!!! I believe my DS's migraines have something to do with all the changing his body is going through with puberty. The doctor tells us that if kids get migraines early in life, they may outgrow them after puberty. I hope for my son's sake that is the case. I really feel for you, and hope that you were able to kick this last one without having to sacrifice your weekend. I am not psychic, but I will try to send you healing thoughts!!!

OK, It's time for me to sign off and start round 2 for the party. My friend is coming over early for a little pre-party chit chat!! I need to fit in my workout, shower and figure out what I'm wearing to the dance tonight!! HOPE THE SUN IS SHINING ON YOU TODAY, AND LET'S START CHALLENGE #2 STRONG TOMORROW. WE CAN DO IT LADIES!!!!

Mary

Jo,

I see we were posting at the same time. I just wanted to say that I'm glad you are feeling better!! Enjoy Disc 19 the 2nd time around, and have a great weekend!!!

Mary

Hello, all you challengers!

Congrats and high fives to all of us for completing the challenge! I, for one, can tell by looking at my body that the challenge has delivered some serious results!

I did CCV3 and stability ball abs ciruit today, it was a great workout and I feel energized for the day!!

I've got some cleaning to get done today before our friends come over for dinner. The Berry peach crisp dessert is ready for the oven, so now I only have to think about the main meal.

Mary, I so hope you'll like the berry peach crisp! Have fun tonight! I am excited that you stuck out the challenge and got rewarded by results that you enjoy looking at! Isn't it fun, when you complete a challenge and you don't feel like stopping it? So, May 25th here we come!

Gayle, have a wonderful day and enjoy your yummy salad at the italian restaurant tonight!

Jo, I'm glad you're back among the moving and doing your workout!

Rachel, how did the sweetpotatoes turn out? When I told hubby that you were going to grill them, his mouth started watering! LOL!
I have prepared your egg casserole recipe that you posted last week. I am going to make it ahead of time to have for breakfast tomorrow morning. We don't like to wait once we wake up for breakfast, so all we have to do it warm it up. It smells reall good! I'll let you know how everyone liked it!

Chrissy, enjoy an easy day, your legs worked double hard yesterday!LOL no wonder you are tight!:)

Meals for the day:

m1 banana chocolate shake, oatmeal and flaxseed
m2 blueberries, greek yoghurt, oatmeal
m3 broccoli soup, salad, almonds, zucchini and tuna
m4 salmon patty and mixed veggies
m5 mustard, tarragon chicken, swiss chard, blueberry peach crisp

Hi everyone else!

Mary have a great time! Can't wait to hear about the fun! :D

Cendrine I'm going to make the Kale soup again today after many requests!

Okay, I completed Disc 19, I feel good, I'm going to go do some cleaning before showering, and if I have the energy I may sneak in CCV2.

CBL

Hi, ladies. Just taking a quick break from cutting the grass to grab a small bowl of yummy kale soup.

Here are 2 pictures of Zach's Communion today.

Zach's Communion Day May 9 2009 003.jpg
Zach's Communion Day May 9 2009 011.jpg

The pic of the 3 of us is awesome...I have this exact same picture of us, in the exact same order, from almost exactly 3 years ago today on Jake's Communion.

Sorry to hit and run, but I was so excited to share these pics with you! We had an awesome day, and I'm doing the grass today (YUCK) so that I don't have to do it tomorrow!

BBL to share the details on the day and check in on you all!

Gayle

Gayle, I LOVE the pictures! The tree picture is so cute; it brought a big smile to my face! Your boys are adorable! :D

Gayle those are great pictures. You guys look like such a happy family.....But why are you cutting the grass, you are supposed to be taking it easy!!! Glad you had a great day. I can't wait to see you again in June, only 5 weeks. I was planning on staying at the Fairfield that night and taking Cathe's class Monday. What are you doing? Are you going to stay in Cape May?
I forgot to tell you congratulations on the amazing body transformation. Not being able to fit into your clothes because they are too big is an awesome feeling isn't it! Great Job!! And thankyou so much for keeping us focused and motivated.

Mary- I almost forgot to tell you to have fun. I am sure you will. Your parties sound like alot of fun. If I lived closer, I would crash it :p!! (maybe the halloween party-;)) I am glad you hit your goal for the weekend. HIGH FIVES!!!

I am having breakfast with my parents in the morning. My dad always makes breakfast for us. But I am making a low fat veggie quiche to bring to keep me clean!! Then we are taking my husbands mom out for dinner. They have awesome tilapia and veggies. So I got my plan down for tomorrow.
I just thought of something. I did Step Jam (i think) the other day. I thought it was so funny Cathe kept saying 'That is so hot!' She said it alot! Her style has changed some. I have to get to the others ones. Anyone have a favorite from her oldies? I have the classics and volume 1

If I don't get on tomorrow or its late:
Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing women.
Have an awesome day.
chrissy

Finally some time to sit and "chat" with all you lovely ladies!

Gayle Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures!The boys look alot like you! How was meal at the restaurant?? Hope next week is not so crazy for you! I love the garden idea. We're putting a garden in our backyard, we're replacing a small above groundpool with a garden. The kids seem okay with this idea at the moment. It's my first attempt at gardening both my mom and MIL have big gardens and give us lots fresh veggies but I always wanted my own. The ground is so hard from where the pool sat over the last few years that we're going to have to do lots of tilling to soften it up. Hoping it will be warm enough to do some tomorrow.

Cendrien I'm glad that your back is feeling better, good thing to play it safe with the back exercises. My back is feeling really tight today and yet I haven't worked back since last week, (it's on the schedule for tomorrow) I'm wondering if something on disc 20 (legs) worked it.

Chrissy I just did disc 20 yesterday as well ( but I did not add half a plyo workout!;):confused:) I thought this leg workout was easier than the previous ones. You have been creative this week with keeping the kids busy! Will they have to make up the school days? Is the school open Monday? Congrats on the 1lb lost!!!
icon14.gif

So you just got a camper too? What kind did you get? Ours is a Starcraft.

Rachael Sorry, that you had such a bad work day! Maybe typing it all out and then deleting it was a good stress relief! HOpe you're getting some relaxation time today.

Mary HOPE YOU"RE HAVING A BLAST!!!! We're looking forward to the pictures! Your stories about your trailer sound nice! I hope my kids have great memories of camping growing up!

Jo I'm so glad that the migraine is gone. Did you get the CC in??

Well I had quite a day yesterday! The funeral went well, it was very well attended. The family was so good at including my mom. Then home to feed kids. DD came home really not feeling well, found her a babysitter for the afternoon as we really didn't want to cancel the appointment as the kids were SO SO excited. DH and I went to camper school :rolleyes: for 3 hrs, I didn't realize how complicated it all was. DH did great at backing it into the driveway!!! THen of course the kids wanted it set up, (dd was feeling better as she sleep all afternoon and seems fine ever since). SO we set it up in the freezing cold!! So I think we passed the test:p We ordered pizza and ate it in the camper with the heater running:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: This was not my idea.

Then it was a quick hurry to my sisters for the my niece's 10th birthday party. Stayed for awhile and then left dd there to enjoy the sleepover and ended up bringing two nephews (ages 5 and 12) home with us. The 12 yr old so he wouldn't bug his sister's party and the 5 yr old from my other sister as he was feeling left out, so I said he could come sleep with his two cousins. My the time we got home it was 9 pm but I'm proud to say I did disc #20 even though 9pm is usually my bedtime!

Today, I had to exchange kids with everyone :rolleyes::rolleyes:, swimming lessons and then CTX 10-10-10 and stabilty ball abs. I was supposed to run with my friend but I am sick of running in the snow!! She seemed fine with cancelling the run, sometimes I think we just both go because we don't want to be the one to cancel. It was snowing when I woke up but warmed up lots during the day. DH did a 18 mile run in the snow, his marathon is getting close!

Anyways, enough rambling off to bed. Kim

Hello! I just wanted to check back in. I did add CCV2 on along with Disc 19 to my accomplishments today to keep me caught up and moving...

Chrissy, it sounds like you won't have any problems tomorrow with your eating! I have to tell you Step Jam is very near and dear to my heart. When that first came out, I only had a handfull of step tapes then and I'll bet I did that two times a week for 6 months! I would alternate that with Step Max and Mega Step Blast! At that time, Step Jam was my very favorite until she released Power Max! (And these were the most advanced on the market.) Oh my gosh, I thought nothing could get better! Anyway, a lot has changed over these 15 years or so but I can't imagine doing any workout as much as I did those! (And I didn't get tired of them!) So I will say of the oldies Power Max is probably #1 and Step Jam #2 of my favorites...but I love Step Heat and Step Max too!

Kim, you are a busy busy Mom! Kids and kids and kids and parties and trailers! You have packed a lot into a couple of days! I got dizzy reading about it! :p I love your comment about eating pizza in the trailer not your idea! That wouldn't be my idea either! Great job though in getting your workouts in with all that activity!

Okay, so I have been the perfect eater since April 3 when I last had a drink at DH birthday party. Today, my stepson brought me a HUGE hanging fuchsia (it's HUGE - he works at a plant nursery) and...wait for it...a raspberry truffle cake (and had it decorated for me). So, I couldn't very well say I wouldn't eat any now could I??? :rolleyes: Also, he doesn't drive so had to haul these up our hill on his bike. He has a trailer that he pulls. He had the fuchsia wrapped in a big plastic garbage sack and likewise my cake. Is that sweet or what? :D So I had my beautiful salad with everything you can imagine (spring mix, onion, walnut, tangelo, strawberry, cucumber, yellow peppers, grapes and more) a side of cod, and then a little piece of the cake - like 6 bites worth. Here's the weird thing...since I haven't had ANY sugar, it actually tasted way too sweet for me and left an after taste. (I am cleaned up and out!) Anyway, I know I'm rambling on but just wanted to share this with you as I'm very touched. :D

Happy Mother's Day to all of you and talk to you tomorrow. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.