6 Monthers, STS, MONDAY MONDAY!

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, 6 Monthers!
Welcome to Monday, the day where YOU WILL HIT YOUR GOAL!
What IS your goal?
WRITE IT DOWN!
Look at it OFTEN!
Go FOR IT!

That's your cheer for the day, ladies!
I've got today's clean-eating menu taped to my kitchen cabinet and ready to review at any moment!

Somebody tell ME how to do the thumbs-up in a post....I see how to add it to my title, but not inside my post! LOL

This morning's EARLY workout was the Cardio Blast Premix, abs and stretch...all from LIC!!!!

Cendrine-I have that same thing, but the opposite way around. DOMS, for my upper body are worse the second week, and less for my lower body in that second week. Lol I just ride it out. I’m not one for taking meds OR for taking baths, but somebody suggested taking Advil (or whatever med is an anti-inflammatory) just after your workout. I’m not sure if that works or not.

Mary-I agree with Cendrine, an indulgent treat once a week isn’t bad, as long as week keep it in check. Know what? I usually treat myself to anything I want for the second half of my Sunday. Last night, it wasn’t anything special like homemade apple pie :p, but it was my homemade kettle korn. Wanna know the truth? It didn’t appeal to me last night, so I stopped eating it. But the small salad and ½ ham and swiss on rye that I had at Panera earlier in the day was AWESOME and tasted so much better! Go figure!

On the apple pie topic. I have a healthy recipe for Pear Cobbler that works very well with apples. Let me see if I can find it on my PC and I’ll share it with you guys! I’ll have to go check out Cendrine’s on the recipe forums!

Jo-great job on disc 10 (my bis are still a bit DOMy today) AND on that mint chocolate dessert! Let it ride on somebody else’s BUTT! ;)

Maggie-we love your posts no matter HOW often you’re able to come by! Great job on staying consistant with your workouts! We’re here whenever you can drop in! Sorry to hear about those neighbors!

Kim, I was wondering the other day how your DS healed up after his injuries a while back???

Gotta scoot and get a few things done around here!

Gayle

Last edited:
OK, I found my Pear Cobbler recipe, and I'm putting it in a new post instead of editing my previous one. I prefer cobbler or crisps over a pie for 2 reasons: 1...since there is no crust, it's lower in calories, fat, etc and 2...I personally prefer having my 'crust' or crisp on TOP of my fruit (just a personal preference). Here it is:

Warm Pear Cobbler

Non-stick cooking spray
3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
2 T packed brown sugar
2 t flour
2 t lemon juice
¼ t ground cinnamon
¼ C flour
¼ C whole-grain wheat flour
1 ½ T unpacked brown sugar
½ t baking powder
1 T reduced-calorie margarine
½ C buttermilk (I sub skim milk here)
1 T powdered sugar

• Preheat oven to 350F. Coat an 8” square baking dish with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, combine pears, 2 T brown sugar, 2 t flour, lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss to coat pears and pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
  • In a medium bowl, combine the remaining flours, remaining brown sugar and baking powder. Cut in the margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk and toss with a fork until flour mixture is moist.
  • Drop 4 heaping tablespoons of dough onto pear mixture.
  • Bake until crust is lightly browned and fruit is bubbly, about 40 to 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and dust with powdered sugar.

Yields 6 servings, 2 (WW) points each (which, generally speaking, equals 100 calories per point)

Original Source: www.weightwatchers boards

Good moing everyone. I haveecidedto make this week my rest week insted of my week to do disc 7 thru 10. I am still sick and gettngworse everyday. I am going to resume on Monday wit sts but in the mentimI wll beusing this as my rest week. My pan is to do lots ot stetcing and yoga. I also will complete my one rep maxs this week. I am looking fward to monday

Soon2bFit - I'm so sorry you're sick! I think taking your rest week now is a smart thing to do! I hope you recover quickly!

Gayle, on the thumbs up - what I did was select the one at the bottom...and then it showed up by the title...then I right clicked and copy and pasted it down into the message. I don't know if that' s what Mary did, but that worked for me!

oooohhhhh and that recipe looks delicious!

Back to the matter at hand! I finished up yesterday with Stability ball abs (my first time at that) - no single leg pikes for me! I couldn't even will my leg off the ball! And, I did CC V4.

This morning was Rhythmic Step! That felt good, I haven't done it in a while.

Oh, and Gayle, those drop down sets on the shoulders at the end in 10...my arms were shaking...I had to lower my weight waaaaay down to get through those!

Maggie, glad to hear from you - it sucks having noisey neighbors! Hello to everyone else that follows today! I"m off to the shower, got to get to work!

Jo :D:D:D

Gayle - thanks for your motivation! I love it!

Jo
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
:D:D:D

Happy Tuesday Everybody!!!

My mouth is absolutely watering reading everybody's pie recipes. THANK YOU ALL
icon14.gif
. My friends will all appreciate the healthier versions of these pies. I will try them all.

Gayle & Jo -All I did for the thumbs up symbol is select the icon shown below where you post your reply, then click and drag to where you want it to show in your message. Sometimes I have to click and drag 4 or 5 times, but it eventually brings it up.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was starting Disc 7 today, WRONG, I'm finishing up the 2nd week of Disc 4-6. Not sure where my head was. Since I'm working out with 2 friends, it took us 3 extra weeks to get everyone's testing in once I received STS, so I'm pulling up the rear on these discs. It's going to be very hard when you guys roll into MESO 2. I'll be foaming at the mouth listening to your reviews. I finished Disc 4 this morning, along with the abs no equipment segment. I am proud to say that I did all the pushups on my toes
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Gayle-When I get home today, I'm going to make up my menu for the rest of the week, and also post it on the fridge. I WILL STAY MOTIVATED!!!

Soon2bfit- You may want to wait until your body has completely recovered from your illness before doing your retesting, and with your illness not improving, you might want to consider going to the doctor. Whatever you decide, I hope you see an improvement soon.

Maggie-When my DH and I were 1st married, we lived in downtown Flint for about a year (I think at the time it was rated as one of the top 20 worst cities to live :(:(:(). Our house was just down from a drug dealer, and right across the street from a pimp. You definitely didn't want to take a walk at night. The funny thing is that we had a lot of really nice neighbors mixed in with a few bad. Lot's of stories to tell about that time of my life...

Jo and all others who use the Cardio Coach workouts, what is your favorite so far? I'm going to eventually get them all, but right now I have 2,4, 5 & 6. I did #4 twice and LOVE IT!!! The time on the treadmill just flys, and normally I'm clock watching wondering when it's going to be over. It's fun adding something new into the mix!

Well since I get paid to work, I probably should get back to it.:eek::eek: Have a good day everybody and stay strong!!!!

Mary

:confused:Well, I can't copy and paste that image. lol The simple things stump me sometimes!

Jo, yes. Those drop sets KILLED me both last week and this week! My workout card said I was SUPPOSED to do the full sets with 27, 22 and 17#. lol LAST week, my first time thru that disc, I had to lower. However, THIS week (yesterday), I STAYED at those heavy weights and just did as many reps as I could (which was only 7 for the first 2 weights and then the full 12 for the 17#)! YIKES! :eek:

Gayle

hey everybody!!
Didn't make it to the beach this weekend DS got pink eye and his ears are still infected..so I stayed home doing laundry...fun fun
You guy are making me hungry with all your yummy desserts on the day I decided to clean up my diet!!!
Today I am doing disc 9..I missed it this weekend hope it doesn't screw up my progress
BBL
Tracy

Wait a minute. Mary...wasn't it YOU who made me promise to stay with Meso 1 instead of moving on to Meso 2 a week early? lol
ENJOY working out with your friends!

Tracy, enjoy your workout. Sorry to hear about DS.

Let's see if I can do the thumbs up thing:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..NOPE! I click and drag and drop it, and it just gives me a URL that posts in the post like this:
http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Gayle

Hi All!

I did disk 7 again for the second round today. I do well on those pushups until it gets to the end where she does five rounds of them dropsets! I can only just barely cough up the last one on my knees.... But I can still tell I'm getting better, which is what I want to focus on, not how much farther I still have to go.

I took my daughter to the playground afterwards and she wanted to be helped up and down the firefighter bar which basically means me lifting her oh so cute little 30lbs body up and down the pole... doesn't feel so little when you have just completed disk 7;)

That cobbler recipe looks yummy and I agree, I like my crust on top too!

Have a good rest of the day, all of you!

Gayle,

I believe you are using my words against me. TOUCHEE'!!! I just temporarily forgot where I was in the program, not trying to speed the series up, but it's so hard with everybody ahead of me in the series.

I really am computer illiterate, so I don't know what else to tell you about the thumbs up feature. If it makes you feel better, I'll use a lot of them in my posts :D:D:D:D
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
(I know, I'm a brat :p:p:p).

ENJOY THE EVENING!!!!

Mary, naughty me bought all of the CC's (1-8) Yikes! So far I have only done 3 and 4 (twice) like you. This coming wednesday (next scheduled cardio day) I am planning on doing 5. So my favorite so far is 4...my goodness, I was just LOST in it! I had a fantastic workout on my spinning bike!

Tracy, holy cow! So sorry to hear about DS pink eye! Not fun!

Hello to Belinda, Kim, Chrissy and Maggie if you show up later!

I had a fantastic day at work today and no explanation why...I'm just a happy girl! :p:D:p:D:p:D Tomorrow we're having a potluck at work for St Patty's day complete with corned beef and cabbage and everything green!

Here's some thumbs for Gayle:
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Jo :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.