6 Monthers, STS, Monday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, gals!!!

Julie, so you want a 'big butt'? lol Or do you really mean FIRM round butt? lol I still need to check out that Oxygen magazine!

Rachel, yeah, I guess I didn't say YUCK! :) Maybe because neither of my kids were home when I cut the grass....I don't feel so yucky when they aren't just hanging around while I cut the grass.

OK....real quick this morning. Workout done. I did the LIS and HIS Double Cardio premix. I admit to skipping the very last segment of HIS at the end because I was just frustrated because I didn't know the combo or blasts. I skipped it and went to the cool down. I so much prefer doing a workout that I KNOW so I can anticipate what's coming and can really REALLY work it.

Time to dry my hair and get the kids breakfast.

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning All!

I did it. I am officially signed up for the Avon Breast Cancer Walk. Gayle and Julie- if you sign up before 5/31 you get $100 credit toward your goal. I just printed the training schedule. I have to set up my personal page to start fund raising. I have never done anything like this before. I am very excited. There are training walks near me every saturday. So I am going to start doing them and hopefully I will meet some great people.

I plan on going to the gym today. Not really sure what I am doing yet. I'll figure it out when I get there.

I'll be back later
Stay fit, strong, and focused.
chrissy

Well it is shaping up to be a beautiful Monday!
I did Kickmax from start to finish today. I do not think I have done that in a while. I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I finished. I tacked on the yoga abs from sts. I normally only do thos if I am just worn out from my workout but today I just thought they would compliment Kickmax really well. Kind of an additional stretch there too.
Now I have to see where the day takes me!

Julie-I am sure I must have missed this too but why did you have to have gum surgery? It seems like it was a very invasive process! I know that it is pure hell for me if I can not eat like I want to. I am a very scheduled person when it comes to my meals and exercise and if one of those things gets off I do not feel right! So I feel your pain (definitely not in the literal sense) about not being able to have hot food, or solids esp. if that is what you want. Just keep pushing through it one day at a time and then before you realize it this will all be a memory...not a very pleasant one, I 'm afraid though.

Gayle-I can totally relate about it not bothering you as much to cut the grass when there is no one there. It is so much easier to work with a smile on your face when no one is lounging around. Even though I get these work spurts around the house...i.e. sometimes I want the whole house to be clean or want to wash down the house doesn't necessarily mean DH is the mood to do that that day...So of course I get in a yucky mood (sometimes) because he is lounging the day away when I am working. Of course that does not happen all the time but there are those days that no one should be around me:eek:! If you know what I mean!
I can never get the last segment of HIS. It is my fault for not taking the time to learn it. But it is one of those things I need to set down and watch so I can commit it to memory a bit before I try it!

Chrissy-I think it is so cool that you are doing the Avon Breast Cancer walk! How does the fundraising work? You and Gayle both amaze me...Full time families, school and jobs working out and helping out other people. And a cause that includes exercise! Bonus!!! Keep us updated. It would be so cool if you three (Julie, Gayle and you ) could do it together!

Well I probably should go see what I can get into today! Still no work but I am trying to look at this as a positive 'calm before the storm' sort of thing!

BBL
Rachel

Hi Guys!

I did disk 19 again today. the tricep portion is the hardest for me, then the shoulders, then the chest.

Gayle and Rachel, it took me a while to figure out the last segment too, but at the time I was doing 4DS as a rotation for two months with nothing else, so I got really used to it in the end. I agree with you Gayle, that it is much more enjoyable to know the routine and what's coming! I just know I will have to tackle the step workouts from STS cardio one at a time until I am familiar before working them into a rotation, because if i have to do more than one new one at a time, it becomes frustrating for me too...:eek:

Rachel, enjoy the calm before the storm! Good job working out to the whole dvd! I hear what you are saying about the keeping the kids off the street. It's a noble idea and all but it does loose the message some. I had a similar experience like you, where the focus then was the activity not the message behind it. And of course we don't think ill of you about feelig like a good and deserving person without going to church! Church attendance or lack thereof does not make or brake our value in God's eyes at all!

Julie, I'm one who likes her foods hot as well! So I can understand your frustration! Hang in there! This too shall pass! Estimates on how long it takes to get the round behind? I have no idea! Just keep being consistent and it will show eventually.... I was wondering the same thing about six packs for the abs. When I was beginning to work out after my first baby was born, it took me more than a year to start seeing definition.... But it did come! So my lesson learned from that is that I just need to be consistent with what I do instead of try to add more and harder (because if I do more and harder, I burn out, but when I do consistent and steady, the results will come without me getting sick of it and it also becomes a life time habit instead of a short term goal)

Hi everyone else!

Good Morning Ladies! It is almost nonn and I still have not showered!! Yuck! I am saving it for afer my workout with disc 13. After I got the kids off to school I had to go to my lawyer. STBX is making me nuts! Still no lawyer (his first one fired him), and to think he filed for the divorce. He just can not accept responsibility for anything.

As far as the butt goes, I want firm and round. I am going to cut out the pics from Oxygen. Gayle, wait till you see them. Thses women are in incredible shape.

Cendrine, if it takes me a year I think i will die. Although I can easliy see that it would. I am just going to keep working at it and dreaming about my STBFRB (soon to be firm round butt).

Chrissy, I am on the verge of signing up for the walk. Hoever, I am concerned that I would not be in good enough shape to do it. I know a women who did the Susan Koman walk which is 60 miles in about 12 hours. I can't walk 4mph now. I currently goon my elipse at 2.5 mph. My goal is to get to 4mph. Thoughts??

julie

Julie- I can not walk 4mph either. I think my legs are just too short. If my stride gets too long my inner thighs will start to hurt (and not from muscle fatigue but strain). Did you say you do the elliptical- I'm not sure if you can compare the two. I walked today at the gym at about 3.6 miles per hour. I went for 1 hr 40 minutes I don't have an issue with my heart rate, just my stride getting too long. It won't be strenuous on the heart just the feet and endurance in the legs for walking 7+ hours. To be honest I don't know how fast the race will go- I am assuming there is going to be alot of people.

If you go on the avon website they actually have group walks. The one near me is every saturday and each week the mileage increases. They also have a training schedule you can print out. We have about 20 weeks to get ready-plenty of time. Here is the link:
http://walk.avonfoundation.org/site/DocServer/AvonTrain_39mi_20wk.pdf?docID=5908

chrissy

Well it was a regular Monday for me. Every Monday each of my children have a medical appointment then followed by baseball. I just got home and got oe kid to bed. Next is DS, homework and bedtime.

Chrissy, Thanks for posting the link. I am going to commit to getting in the best shape of my life and hopefully with that accomplished (come October) I can do it.

I did disc 13 today. I am planning o some cardio and abs tomorrow. Still waiting for gf to give me pics. They will be a huge motivator for me. I need to see some results. It seems like everywhere I read women are dropping pounds from STS and I really don't have anything big to report. I am hoping for some big WOW at the end. I think the phots will help.

I made the best looking and smelling garlic bread but did not partake! My gf said she doesn't know how I do it, but that did not seem like that big of a deal to me. I told her my treat was the cherry tomatoes that were bursting in the oven along side that bread! Not counting the really good and light chicken tetrazzini made with ww pasta. This is a good recipe but the way it was written I think it had too much liquid so I did not follow the recipe all the way but it came out very good.
I am not sure if it is considered clean. It had evaporated ff can milk and 2 T of white flour to make the sauce and 1/4 cup sherry. So Cendrine what do you sub for the flour for a thickening agent for a sauce like that? I went with how the recipe was written this time except for the liquid but I would like to omit that flour if I could.

Tomorrow is disc 19 week 2 and I am chomping at the bit to get in there! That will give me a reason to get up in the morning. I think if I am not mistaken, that this is Cathe's last week of STS. I wonder if that means she will be throwing herself into STS cardio...:eek: I can't wait for some updates.
It should be getting here around the time the Avon walk is scheduled..Woo hoo that will be a reward won't it.

OK I am rambling again and I have nothing to ramble about so I guess it is off to watch DWTS.:eek: I got sucked in! I just think the dancers bodies are phenominal and I daydream for a body like that! I guess I need to start dancing:D

See you guys tomorrow!

Rachel

This will have to be a quick post for me. We got back into town tonight. The cottage was fun. It snowed Friday and then got nice enough Sat to put the boat on the lake then cold with a risk of frost again today. :rolleyes: Summer in Canada:rolleyes: It was so so muddy, I have tons of laundry to do. DD still had piano lessons tonight even though it's a holiday in canada. DS is sick with the flu and DH has a cold. I did get STS disc #20 done today between getting home and piano lessons.

I would love to catch up with everyone but I still have lunches to make for school bags (although ds may not make it to school), homework, baths etc. The well water at the cottage is yucky so the kids don't usually bathe out there.

This week is insane as the kid's activities are starting to wind up. We have 5 hockey games, 3 piano lessons, a band concert, a choir concert, swimming lessons, a meeting at the daycare all after work hours. I'm also getting three yards of soil delivered tomorrow which will have to be moved to the garden. Will try and check in and get caught up over the next couple of days.

Hope you all had a good weekend! Kim

Rachel, I usually just use whole wheat flour to thicken, it works for me well, you can give it a try and see how you like it. If you don't mind, would you share the recipe so I can try it too?
You could also make a healthy garlic bread by buying whole wheat baguettes and painting the bread with oil and rub with garlic. That would make it clean.

Kim, you sure hit the ground running! I hope you can get everything done you need to get done witout getting too stressed out! Anyway, welcome back, it's good to have your posts back here!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.