6 Monthers, STS, Monday

banslug

Cathlete
Good Monday morning, and the beginning of our NEXT CHALLENGE! Memorial Day Challenge.

I, for one, have a food hangover. YUCK! Severe cotton mouth, I slept horribly because my stomach was full. YUCK! lol It tasted so good at the time, though! :) The good thing I can say is that of the food I indulged in yesterday, none of it was processed junk. It was all good homemade stuff, just too much of it. Back at it today for another run of a few weeks of clean eating. I'm looking forward to my salad later today! lol

OK.....cardio plans changed this morning. I was planning on Cardio Fusion, but I opted for low impact instead. I wasn't sure how the food in my stomach would handle all that jumping around. lol So I chose iCycle N Core....almost 8 miles, then core and a stretch.

I'll BB after I get the kids to school. Back to a normal school schedule today, and hopefully starting tomorrow, the kids can ride the bus again. We have DS' ortho appt this afternoon for his foot, and we're PRAYING they let him walk on it, even if it is on the boot. Then right after that is our school's clothing drive fundraiser that I organized. My mom's Explorer is parked in my driveway, and I have it stuffed with 25 bags of clothes, shoes, stuffed animals, etc. I'm really hoping we get a good donation turnout tonight. I opted to do this fundraiser instead of SELLING junk again. Plus, it helps those that need the clothing (and those of us who need to get rid of it, lol).

ANYWAY....need to dry my hair. BBL

GO TACKLE YOUR MONDAY!

Gayle

Good luck at the ortho appt Gayle!
Great pics,Mary, thanks for sharing!

Sorry, really quick post for me, as I'm just out the door to get to work. This weekend has just been insane. Busy, emotional day here yesterday. I always find Mother's Day a hard day as we had a son that died a few years ago to Edwards' Syndrome so it means a trip to the cemetery and lots of tears. THen we had ds's hockey game, church, gardening and then I hosted a Mother's Day supper for my family. I'm ready to go back to work to get some rest.

Hope to catch up with everyone this evening. Kim

Oh, Kim. I'm so sorry about the passing of your son. HUGS, dear Mom!!! We do something a bit different for occasions like DH's BDay, Father's Day, etc....I didn't want to make the kids go to the cemetary for these things...I wanted them to know/feel they could talk to Daddy anytime, anywhere. So when we want to celebrate something for/with him, we get helium-filled balloons and write messages on them in Sharpie and let the balloons go to heaven, carrying the messaged to Daddy. The kids enjoy it and it's a nice feeling, seeing the message floating up toward the sky.

HUGS, Kim!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had a good Mother's Day. I had a nice day. Breakfast with my parents and sister and then dinner with my husbands family. I ate well and was very proud of myself. Then my SIL took the kids for a couple of hours so we went to the movies. My husband always gets popcorn so I splurged :confused:- but it wasn't bad. We saw Star Trek-only because that was the next movie without having to wait. I was never a star trek fan but the movie was very exciting, with great special effects.

So on to the next challenge!! It is only 2 weeks away. Wow- its the unofficial start of summer. I can't believe it.

I plan on going to the gym and running sprints for about 20 minutes then taking it to steady state for another 40. I did disc 21 yesterday and my biceps are feeling it today. I started out strong, my back felt great and then the biceps I had a really hard time with my target weight. There is always one upper body part that I can't do with my target. It really bugs me:(. But my biceps are sore-so that is a good thing right?!?!

Gayle- I love your bra story. It gave me a good chuckle. It is very funny you enlisted the help of your son. I could see my son giggling everytime too. I am hoping to lose some of my girls when my body fat gets lower. I hate being a saggy D. UGH!! But I think that is going to be the last place that goes (along with my saddle bags-:confused:). I usually have an issue with shirts being too low, not because of my chest size but because I am so short.

The chicken cordon bleu sounds great! I think you need to post that receipe-please:D.
I noticed that pushups were back. I am curious to see how many I can do from the toes because in meso 1 I did about 80% from the knees.

Mary- you look like you had a great time. I love your coconut man. that is awesome. Glad you posted your picture. It is so nice to see what everyone looks like. Did you go on the RT last year? Because you look very familiar to me?
Isn't it great when you can focus on the people there and having fun instead of food. My family always focuses on food!! And when we are not eating we are talking about it. No wonder I grew up with food issues. :eek: My husband is always commenting on how much we discuss food!!!

Jo- it sounds like you had a tough workout yesterday. Are you feeling it today. My butt is feeling it from friday from disc 20. I can really feel my muscles in my legs in the past 2 weeks or so. They have gotten strong and since I have lost some weight, I can really feel them now. I can't wait till I can 'see' them a little bit better. My biceps and shoulders are looking good now.

Your step son sounds very sweet!! You did the right thing by having some of the cake. :p

Rachel-Did you go back to bed after that post or were you up for the day. Wow!! Disc 20 isn't bad. I think it is the same as the other ones. There aren't any dead lifts though. I was actually happy about that. I have issues holding the weight for that exercise. Although they were in disc 21 for back- and my forearms gave out before the back and hams.

Cendrine- I got an amazing visual on your field of daisies. It must be so beautiful. I hope you got some good pictures.

Well have a great day everyone.

Stay focused on your goal and keep moving foward!!
BBL
chrissy

Good morning Kim
I was working on my post at the same time. So sorry about the loss of your son. I can't even imagine what that is like. Hugs to you and your family.
Gayle- I love what you do for your kids and their dad. It is very touching. You never cease to amaze me.

chrissy

Good Morning Everyone,

Kim, I am so sorry for your loss of your son.

I have been MIA for a while. I have been struggling for the last few weeks with major depression, divorce etc.. I have not done any workouts at all. I am hoping that today is the day I turn it around.

I got my pics taken over the weekend... Lets just say the three weeks of doing nothing really affected me. My abs are gone! I also had menstral bloat, so I gues the good news is the pics are the worst they could be!!! I took the rest week then I only did disc 13 and that was it.

I am going to start today(after this post ) and do disc 13. I will post my pics as soon as I get them. I am waiting for my gf to email them to me. If I were really brave I would make one photo my avatar.

Julie

Just a quick morning post before I get this day going. Workout this morning was the low impact step, cardio leg premix, and weights and plates abs. We have been working non stop, trying to get our friends at least to a point they can handle it and I am beginning to see the end. I think they have watched alot of home improvement shows and think 'we can do that'! Those shows never show the real work of it. DH is worn out and I feel for him because these are some of his last days off.

Mary-Loved the pics. That party sounds like it was so much fun that you had to recuperate from it.:D

Jo-It is great that you can have a good relationship with your stepson and he with you. It can be hard sometimes blending of family,I am sure.
We have had a couple of days of cooler temps. Cooler be upper 80's but it will pretty much be hot and humid from here on out. I miss the 60's! But I don't think I could cope with the long winters you probably have because I am so used to the short ones we have. It might start getting chilly here late oct. or early nov. and it is not uncommon to have warmer days through out winter. 50's and 60's!

Gayle- You must come from a family of crafters. That book your sis made you sounds wonderful. I love gifts like that. They mean so much more than anything someone could buy you! Good luck with DS foot and your fundraiser. I hope you have a great turn out!

Kim-I am sorry for your loss. It makes mother's day take on a whole new meaning for you I am sure. I do not have any children and could not imagine what a loss like that must be like. Hugs from here too!

Julie-Depression can be debilitating but I know you can pull yourself out of it. We are here for you. So if you want to go off on a five page rant or you just need some cheering up just come here. And don't worry about getting off track...We are only human so those things are going to happen. Esp. if life has anything to do with it. Even if you are not working out you can still come check in and just let us know how your day is going. :)

BBL

Rachel

Good Morning Everyone! I'm hoping for a fantastic week! I did Imax 2 today.

Gayle, you astound me woman! You must be the busiest woman I know...planning, organizing and participating in all kinds of things! What a great role model you are! Hope everything goes well at the Dr.

Chrissy, you and I must live in parallel universes! :p In Meso 1, I was 80% on my knees (no that's completed 80% mostly on my knees) for pushups. My biceps are the only body part I struggle with the target weight and have to drop down sometimes and all my fat is in my thighs and butt! Yes, I'm a little sore from yesterday but for some reason I'm energized! Go figure!

Kim, I'm so sorry about your son. It sounds like you have a wonderful family and support system. I can't imagine what that must have been like for you. Hope your week gets back to normal and you can rest at work! ;)

Julie, we miss you! I'm so sorry for the struggle you're going through. Like Rachel said, we are here for you. Don't beat yourself up for not working out! Just do what you can. Hugs to you!

Rachel, I am so enjoying readying about the remodel as (like I said before) can totally relate! It gives me a good chuckle! I do think you are amazing friends to help them through this! :D I think the Plates and Weights abs is my favorite of the Abs workouts.

Okay, I must get in the shower and be on my way! It's raining, but it's a beautiful day! :p

Hi Guys,

I don't have much time today, both my kids got sick again yesterday...:( so no picutres at the daisy field....:( But we'll try to catch up next weekend.

I did disk 19 and loved those double wave loads! I was able to stick to my weights too! I feel pretty good! But I will be sore, I know that!

Gayle, your bra story made me laugh, too! And I have the same bra issue, hubby is somewhat sad about it but he llikes everything else he sees...:D

Kim, hugs to you, I'm so sorry about your loss!

Chrissy, good job on the eating! My family talks about food a lot too, so I know where you are coming from.

Jo, I am tired just listening to all you did for workout and the rest of the day! Sorry about all the plants that died! That's frustrating. Did you just clear the garden or did you replant?

Mary, I love the pic of the coconut man! Very cute. And you look really great! THanks for sharing the picture!

Julie, I'm glad to see you back, I've been thinking about you. Try to take one day at a time.

Rachel, you will enjoy disk 19, I think. Let me know!

Have a good day everybody!

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and kind words.

I did disk 13 and am trying to stay focused. I made a healthy smoothie and I started adding the Glutamine to it.

Gayle how much do you add?

Hi Everyone,

I just had a minute here so thought I'd do a quick post.

Cendrine, your poor kiddos! Here's sending you healing energy! Aren't those double wave load killers? I have been sore every week with the chest workouts in Meso 2 (I'm sure that's why I developed that little tiny chest muscle that only I can see!).

Julie, glad you got going with Disc 13! Hopefully the exercise will make you feel good and energized!

So, I'm having an incredibly productive day! I got to work and have been going nonstop! Then suddenly I looked up and it was 3:00! Oh my gosh!

Okay, gotta go, just wanted to see if anything was going on here while I munch on my snap peas! :cool:

Cendrine, I didn't answer your question about our dead plants. We have almost an acre and a large portion is wooded (and on a slope). We have a fake river bed that runs through the back and most of the plants lost surround the river bed. So 1/2 the shrubs we cut back almost to the ground as we think they'll survive (hope) and the rest we had to pull. So we'll be getting some new stuff to put in. Oddly enough, some of my more delicate shrubs, like my lavender, survived untouched! Most of our trees are old growth cedar and fir, but we have a couple of birch that we'll have to take down that are bent all the way down to the ground and some of our fir trees had their tops broken off. :(

Sigh...We wanted to make some changes anyway!

Hi, guys. I'm tired. Not in a bad way, just in a WORKED way. The clothing drive went super well! We had a steady stream of cars (and bags) for all 3 hours, and it took us 45 minutes to load the truck up. WE FILLED IT! Here is a pic the Secretary took of me.....triumphantly happy with the turn out:

Clothing Drive (3).jpg

I packed a cooler with food, snacks and bottle water since I knew we'd be gone for several hours. We came home and I put the kids to bed. Now it's time to chill out.

Julie, 1 teaspoon of Glutamine powder. Sorry to hear about the stress these past few days.

Sorry to hit and run.....I want to go set up my barbells for tomorrow's LEG DAY!!!! And then maybe early to bed????

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Gayle

p.s. OH! Almost forgot.....DS is off the crutches and walking in the boot for the next 3 weeks.

Lets see...I think it is day 5 of the remodeling! My poor DH. He tries to explain to his buddy how to do it and he just looks at him with this fear. He tries to hide it but the poor guy is petrified of going it on his own. I know they want to but are just afraid they will mess something up now that they have come this far. Let me tell you building a shower from scratch is now an easy thing. But it will be so nice when it is done. If I can figure out how to post pics (in other words get dh to do it;)) I will. They are going with areal rustic look, which is real popular around here, with a beautiful mexican pine vanity with a copper sink. It will really be pretty if it ever gets finished:D.

Cendrine- I am looking forward to disc 19 tomorrow and then if I am feeling as good as I am right now I think I will tack on CatheTV's little energizer segment. I wanted to do it tonight when I was watching it but I just had a shower and did not want to get all hot and sweaty. I am glad you are a day ahead of me that way I get a little preview of how you feel every time.:D

Jo-I can tell you are really proud of that little chest muscle...As you should be!:D We all know what hard work it took to get it so go on and puff it out! Sorry about the plants you lost! But you and DH must have a green thumb and a good eye for landscape design. It sounds very pretty.
I am stilll struggling with the plate section. Esp. the 45 degree slides. I can slide down but have a hard time getting back up without scooching:eek: But I will get there!

Gayle-Yeahhhh on DS getting off the crutch. It is so hard to be restricted when you are young so I bet your glad you are nearing the end of that ordeal. And I agree with Jo, you are the busiest woman I have ever known. Congrats on the awesome turn out for the fundraiser! The pic was so cool. It spoke more than words! You are one cool lady!:cool:

Feeling great and looking forward to our new goal date!

See ya in the morning!

Rachel

Julie- so glad you started posting again. Sorry about all the stress you are going through. Anytime you want to rant and rave we are here for you. These are a bunch of very supportive women!!

Rachel- hope your husband finishes soon -or your friend takes over. The work sounds exhausting!! Disc 19 has been the only disc that has gotten my chest sore. That dbl wave load is awesome!! I love it. Have fun with it.

Gayle- Great job on the fundraiser. That is good news that your son is off the crutches.:D.

jo- I have a theory about why we couldn't do all the pushups from our toes. Do you wanna hear it? I think the size of our girls makes us top heavy so those pushups are much harder for us well endowed girls;). Once we go down we have more weight to push back up. Whatta think!?!?! (Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it!)

Cendrine- I hope your kiddies get better soon.

Have a great night everyone
chrissy

Good Evening Everybody,

It's a later than usual post for me, but I wanted to say Hi to everybody!! I just couldn't get my butt out of bed this morning, so I did my workout when I got home from work. Just finished Disc 16 (OH MY WORD......). That workout kicked my butt!!!! I really struggled getting the bar off my chest on this workout. There is absolutely no way I'm going to be able to go any heavier on the chest pressess. I am positively tapped out, but loving it all the same.

Gayle-I love the new picture of you and your boys. What a handsome family you have. I also smiled when I saw the picture of you with the bags of clothing. I really noticed your bi's popping out with your arms held up like that. YEAH BABY!!! I'm with you on the bras not fitting. I am currently putting a gel insert inside my bras until I can replace them. My DH is always asking if I have my boobs in :eek::eek:.

Chrissy- As much as I would like to, I've never been on any of Cathe's road trips. I would love to attend, but vacation time is so limited with DH and DS that I try to incorporate them into my vacation plans. I am so envious of you and Gayle going, and I can't wait to hear all about it. I also have a family that focuses on food, and most of my brothers and sisters are at an unhealthy weight :(:(. It saddens me to see them with knee problems, and my brothers joking about who has the bigger belly!!!

Julie-It's good to hear from you!! I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering so much with depression and the divorce. Because I have family members who have gone through serious bouts of depression, I would recommend seeking help from a doctor to help you get through this trying time. We are here when you need us.

Jo- How thoughtful it was for your stepson to bring you a plant and a goodie on Mothers Day. What a great way for him to show that you are a very special mom. What ever happened to the rest of the dessert??? I haven't gotten to the double wave loading yet, but I'm feeling a little dread factor creeping in when you talk about it (GULP).

Cendrine-So sorry to hear about your kids not feeling well, and both of them at the same time :(. I hope you were able to enjoy Mothers Day, and had a few minutes to relax! I would love to see pictures of the daisy field! We have a farmer down the road who has a small field of sunflowers, and they are so beautiful to see when they are in full bloom. You can't help but smile when you drive by :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

Rachel-Your stories of helping your friends remodel takes me back to when we were building our house. My dad and brother were our consultants on almost every aspect of building our home (both dad and brother are builders). We did not have the experience, but we had wonderful, patient people helping us every step of the way. Without them, we would never have been able to take on such a huge task. Your friends are very lucky to have you and your DH guiding them along the way.

Kim-What a mixture of emotions you have gone through these past couple of days. Now that you are back to work, are you able to catch your breath?? I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. I am also sending hugs your way!!

OK everybody, it's 10:00 p.m. and time for me to call it a night. Stay strong with our challenge, our destination is only a few short weeks away.....

Mary

GAYLE!!!! Look at your physique! You look incredible!!!

And, yes, I'm very impressed with the clothes drive, but LOOK AT YOUR PHYSIQUE!!! YOU LOOK AWESOME!! :eek::eek:

jo- I have a theory about why we couldn't do all the pushups from our toes. Do you wanna hear it? I think the size of our girls makes us top heavy so those pushups are much harder for us well endowed girls;). Once we go down we have more weight to push back up. Whatta think!?!?! (Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it!)

ROTFLMAO! That's it! My girls are HOLDING ME DOWN! I can't believe I never put that together! Now if our arms were as strong as our legs...LOOK OUT; we'd be pushing ourselves into the ceiling! HA! :eek:

Mary - here's a shout out! Hope you recovered from the weekend! Isn't Disc 16 a killer? Great fun! If we're not all stronger after all this, well I don't know what will do it! Sorry you're so busy you're having to do your workouts so late! But you're getting it done! Hope things slow down for you! :D

Oh, and, DH is eating the dessert! No dessert-o for JoJo!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.