6 Monthers, STS, March 6th!!!!!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
Good FRIDAY morning to you all! It's the weekend! WOO HOO! SO and I are going to be child-free for about 36 hours from Saturday sometime to Sunday sometime (his ex is taking my kids and she has their kids for the weekend), and we're trying to find something fun and inexpensive to do. I'm psyched. It's not often that my kids are elsewhere, so I'm pumped!

This morning's workout was Kenpo X from P90X. I usually do kickbox on Fridays, and I started getting a bit burned out on the Cathe KB that I do over and over. Jerry suggested Kenpo so I did that this morning. Good workout. I'll hit the gym after school/work for another Cardio Coach elliptical session and abs.

Gotta scoot to get the kids ready for school. I just wanted to get us started for the day!

KICK IT!

Gayle

Hi all,

I had a wonderful workout this morning, finished week 2 for Disc 3 Legs, and moved into the Weights & Plates Abs. First time doing that ab workout, and the plate segment really had me struggling. I was afraid my legs were going to continue into the splits on the plate segment where you seperate your legs then bring them back together. But I was able to pull it together, literally!!! Then we finished with Cathe's stretch tape using the ball. I'm totally spent.

My husband and I are both off today, so we are going to meet up with some friends later this afternoon. I'm not very good with inactivity, so I have filled my day with lots of "to do's".

Gayle, not sure how you can work out in the a.m. and then do another workout in the evening. I bow down to you!! Enjoy the weekend without the kids, you will be so refreshed when they come home Sunday.

Can't wait to start next week with a new round of tapes. Eveybody enjoy your weekend and stay strong!!

Mary

I did disc 6 for the first time today. I wasn't able to make it through the entire workout but I got about half way. No weights and it was killing me! I am hoping to do the other half today at some point.

Have any of you seen any results yet? If so what have you seen?

julie

I feel like I haven't been a very good check-in buddy this last week so catching up a bit today :D:D

Gayle As always I'm impressed with your twice a day workouts. Isn't it fun that the boys are getting big enough that we can do real "sports" with them. DS and I have been cross country skiing, skating together this winter and we just signed to do a two person relay half marathon (6.5 miles each) together. Enjoy your kid free hours! Your SO and his ex must have a really good relationship!

Julie WTG on those larger triceps!! Have you recovered from all big snowstorm? Did you have to do lots of shovelling or are the kids big enough to do that :D?

Cendrine Did you pick up those weighted gloves yet? Have you had a chance to try them out?

Mary Wow! I would love 2 friends to do the STS journey with!! That's great to hear that they are doing STS in their 60's! My mom is 65 and she is the fittest person I know, she's always been a gym rat. Glad that you decided to delurk and join the checkins, I always find them motivating!
I also only work Mon-Thurs so have been taking Thursdays off as it feels like Friday night to be and so much good tv on :rolleyes:

Belinda Of course I remember you! How are you feeling, you said you were stuffed up do you have a cold??

Clango That's great that your DH could see STS results on you after only 2 weeks!!! You're going on holidays soon, anywhere fun??

Rachael Waving hi! How are you doing with STS?

Maggie How's that ankle doing? That's a good idea of spreading the upper body workouts out, are you getting a lot of DOMS from the workouts?

Shoegoddess What the heck kind of work do you do that you have to be there at 4 am? :D That must have been hard returning to work after 7 weeks off! How is that shoulder recovering??

Blessed Don't worry if the rotation takes longer than 6.5 months, whatever works for you! So you're doing 2 lower body workouts, 2 upperbody and 2 cardio?? Have you noticed any results yet?

Tracy Do not feel guilty taking the day off to enjoy your ds's birthday!! :D How old was he? Did you get the workout cards working? Have a good holiday?

Jo Were you frustrated with how TBL ended this week? I just got a weighted vest as well haven't even tried it yet but I'm all prepared fro Mesocycle 3!

Chrissy/Lisa Glad you decide to join us!

Gotta run and get kiddos to school! Kim

Hi everyone!
Today will be cardio...bike or ellip
Kim my son turned 2. We are in Raleigh for his party.
We drove here and got in last night around 1. I am exhausted
So cardio will be this afternoon after a nap :)
Have a great Friday!!
Tracy

We have way to much snow to shovel! My driveway is 300ft long. I am going to try to do the second half of disc 6 now.

Goodness Julie, your are getting your excercise in today! I'm going to hit the tm now for a 4 mile run.

Hi everybody!!! Mid-day, Friday! Are you ready for the weekend??? What are you planning?

Kim-WOW on all those personals. You're much better than I am! LOL I read everything, but rarely have time to do personals to everybody!!!!! You're such a good checker-inner! :)

Just posting my second workout of the day. I did the ellip with Cardio Coach volume 3, logged just over 3 miles and then I tacked on abs from an iCycle workout.

Time to do some typical Friday school stuff with the kids!

Gayle

Julie I haven't noticed any change in my scale weight but a favourite pair of pants are much more comfortable around the waist!:D

Felt good on the tm so did 4.5 miles would like to have done 5 but those darn kiddos were wanting lunch :rolleyes:

Gayle I like that work checker-inner :p Have fun this weekend!!

I did Imax 2 today-somedays are just harder than others. Interval 9 got me good today.

chrissy

Hi everyone,

I did disc 6 this evening! I burned 587 cal.!

I just ordered CC 1-8 ! I can't figure out how to downleads, have to wait until DH cames back in 2 weeks! Maybe I am to tired, I will try in the morning!

Have a great day!

Belinda-I saw that you bought all the CC workouts! You won't abandon your iTreads, will you? :p I have to admit that as much as I LOVE MY iTREADs, I've really been enjoying my CCs on the elliptical. I had all but 1,3 and 6 and a dear friend bought them for me earlier this week for my BDay. What a gal! I'M LOVING THEM!

You all are doing SUPER DE-DUPER well again this week! The weekend is upon us and we need to stay diligent, right? No slacking, unless it's a planned slack! ENJOY the weekend!

Gayle

Hi Everyone!
I woke up this morning with pain in my left foot. I looked down and the top of my foot is swollen (like when you sprain it) right on the top where your foot and ankle come together! I have no idea what I did to it other than DH must have kicked me in the middle of the night! So.....I was supposed to do 4DS Boot Camp today; instead I did another Spinervals session (Bending Crank Arms). I didn't want to risk further injury (if it is injured) by jumping around like a crazy woman! I know I haven't dropped any dumbbells on it so I am totally perplexed! But once I have my shoes on, all is well....

Gayle - I totally forget about Kenpo; I haven't done it in ages. Your mentioning it makes me want to pull it out and dust it off. Maybe I'll do that next week instead of Kick Max.

Kim - Yes, TBL! I was "Are you KIDDING ME?" - I sat with my mouth agape for like 5 minutes. What a cliff hanger! I can't believe they did that to us! On another note, I received my Cathe Weighted Gloves so I now have everything I need except new bands (I think!). Tomorrow is a scheduled rest (slack) day for me and then I start Week 3 again on Sunday.

I'll check back later! Have a great weekend everyone!

Gayle, thanks for the encouragement to all of us! :D:D

I should also add I was very pleased with all my workouts this week!

Jo

Hi everyone--like most of you, I read all the posts and am greatly encouraged, but I have not had time to do personals....

I did disk 5 second time around today, so after tomorrows cardio, I've finished the first month of the six. I've lost around 3.5 lbs and some inches, but I won't measure until next week since I only do that once per month. My doughy post partum appearance is slowly fading and I'm seeing some definition again, but I've got a ways to go (12.5 lbs to be at pre preg weight and then the obligatory 10-15 vanity lbs:eek:)

Jo--too bad about your foot/ankle--a similar thing happened to dh last year hours after a tae kwon do class--it just swelled up unexpectedly, but it was so bad that he could not walk for a day or two. I hope you feel better soon.

Kim--my ankle does feel better, thanks. I did have to watch it for a couple of days though.

take care all!

Maggie:)

Hi All,

I did week two legs again today. it is a fun workout. THe bands and ankle weights really get to me even though it's the second week around.

I have my mom staying with me for a couple of weeks and she likes to go for walks. So after doing my disk 6 we dropped of my son at kindergarten and went for a good walk (my legs were complaining). In the afternoon I dug up the front yard that has been empty for a couple of years because I don't like planting. But my mom loves it. So I dug it up for her and she planted all the flowers. So does that count as three workouts in one day?:confused:

I wonder if I should skip my workout tomorrow but I kind of don't want to.

I'm looking forward to disk 7,8 and 9 because I get to stay at 65%. I like being able to stay at that for a couple more weeks, then I think I'll be ready to put to use my newly purchased 2.5 lbs wrist weights. I have been using my 1 lb wrist weights this week, and will use them for the next two weeks as well, but then it's toasting time....

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I'm off to print my next week's workout cards....

Hi All,

I did week two legs again today. it is a fun workout. THe bands and ankle weights really get to me even though it's the second week around.

I have my mom staying with me for a couple of weeks and she likes to go for walks. So after doing my disk 6 we dropped of my son at kindergarten and went for a good walk (my legs were complaining). In the afternoon I dug up the front yard that has been empty for a couple of years because I don't like planting. But my mom loves it. So I dug it up for her and she planted all the flowers. So does that count as three workouts in one day?:confused:

I wonder if I should skip my workout tomorrow but I kind of don't want to.

I'm looking forward to disk 7,8 and 9 because I get to stay at 65%. I like being able to stay at that for a couple more weeks, then I think I'll be ready to put to use my newly purchased 2.5 lbs wrist weights. I have been using my 1 lb wrist weights this week, and will use them for the next two weeks as well, but then it's toasting time....

Have a great weekend, everyone!

I'm off to print my next week's workout cards....

Cendrine, I've really enjoyed this week of 7,8 and 9 and am looking forward to my upcoming repeat week! And, like you I was pleased with staying at 65%. There were several exercises that I wasn't (and am not) ready to up just yet. As I mentioned before, I'm glad I chose to do this 6 month program and part of that reason is because of the slower increases. My body seems to do better that way.

Jo :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.