6 Monthers, STS, HUMP Day

banslug

Cathlete
Getting us started real quick.

I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to do Step Blast this morning, then Boot Camp (the original) core only premix. My legs were, well, SORE SORE SORE! I just can't believe I managed to pull my lead-filled legs thru that whole workout! LOL After last night's food victory, I was pumped and I think it was pure adrenaline! LOL

BBL after the kids get on the bus!

Gayle

Good morning
My sinuses are feeling better but now my son is sick so off to the doctors we go!! I think his ears are infected and he has a fever.. So I don't know what kind of workout I will get in :(
BBL
Tracy

Hi, Tracy. Sorry to hear about DS. Do what I do with my kids, when they're spread out on the couch, not feeling well. I'll toss a blanket into the dryer for a few minutes on high heat and then cover them with it the second it comes out. HEAVEN!

OK...my planned menu:
M1: Myoplex Lite shake with Glutamine powder (1tsp)
M2: 3 egg whites, 1/3 C oatmeal with 1T ground flax seed
M3: 2 lite string cheese, 1 banana (medium)
M4: 3 oz. grilled chicken in 1/2 whole wheat pita, baby carrots
M5: 4 oz. grilled chicken over romaine lettuce, steamed asparagus on the side
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein drink

Gayle

Morning!

Morning Ladies!! I did my speed interval run last night on the TM and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do for cardio tonight.....maybe Jillian Michaels Boost Metabolism workout....or maybe a Turbo Jam cardio party....who knows...LOL! But I'll get in some sort of cardio....and still doing well with the eating....thanks for the encouragment....WE CAN DO IT!

Tracy, glad that nose is feeling better!

Gayle, WTG on the pizza victory! and you can call me Crazy, my DH does! :p Those workouts sound intense....you go girl!

Mary, I love that tshirt idea!! You have plenty of time to get ready for those 10 miles and kick their butts! I can't wait to hear about that victory!!

For me, I ran my 1st 5k last April and loved it....so I ran a few last year and then 2 weeks ago I ran a 4 Miler. I'm not very fast, I did the 4 Miler in 40:03, but I was just glad to run it! LOL! So this will be my 1st 10K and I'd like to finish in 1 hr. I'm running the same 5K in April this year as I did for my 1st one ever to kind of make a full circle and hope to do it better this year than last year and make some improvements.

Happy Wednesday!

Disc 12 done for the second time!! Mesocycle one is DONE
icon4.gif
icon4.gif
icon4.gif

I also did the extended stretch for the second time, do you guys do it on a regular basis, I got to admit I'll only do the 1 min of stretch at the end of each workout.

Going to get some packing and errands done today if the weather cooperates. Tons of snow yesterday. Heading to Vegas tomorrow:D:D

Tracy, sorry to hear that your ds is not feeling well. Did they doctor prescribe some antibiotics??

Kim

Good Morning Everyone! MY LEGS ARE FRIED! I did CCV8! YOOHOO MARY - I LOVED IT! I think I want to make a mix of CC7 and CC8. In spite of my legs being fried, I think I could have gone another 15 minutes...again feeling strong today - must be the clean eating!

Kim, Congratulations on finishing M1! Doesn't it feel great and now you get to treat yourself to a fun fun time in LV!

Gayle, YOU ROCK! I haven't done that BC premix in a while but I went through a period where I used it all the time.

Tracy, just do what you can! Glad you're feeling better and hope your little one isn't too sick!

ASUDaizy - 40 min is a VERY respectable time! You should be very proud of that! WE CAN DO IT! And you're doing GREAT!

Okay, off to the shower...full day at work and today is DH birthday. My weekend company is coming tomorrow so lots to do!

Hello everyone that follows and I'll check back later to say Hello!

Jo :D:D

Last last thing! See my legs feel great but my brain is a quart low...I wrote us a little jingle last night! This is to the tune of Leaving on a Jet Plane:

Oh my iPod’s charging
I’m ready to go!
My butt’s enlarging Oh no oh no
STS will stop that right away
The dawn is breakin
Its early morn
Barbell is waiting
Coffee beepers blowing its horn
Already I’m so ready
I could fly

So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me you’ll make the bed for me
Grab my step & STS workout card
Turning on the TV/DVD
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
STS, clean eating, and me

Turning on the TV/DVD
Don’t know when I’ll be back again
STS, clean eating, and me

Silly I know...but you guys got me all inspired! (I did this while watching the Biggest Loser! If that isn't inspiration I don't know what is!)

Jo

Hi Everybody,

Just my usual lunch hour check-in....

JO-LOL ON THE SONG. Just so you know, I'll be humming that tune for the rest of the day :p:p. Thank you very much... I thought you might like that CCV8 workout. I never thought much of making a mix by pulling intervals from the different volumes. All I can say is "OH BOY!!! Enjoy your DH"S Birthday, and be kind to him! "50" can be a sensitive age for some people!

Gayle-Menu sounds good. I've been really good this week with my eating. I'm having chicken vegetable soup, brown rice and yogurt for lunch. I usually like to top off my dinner with a slight sweat, but I've been bypassing that this week, and feel very good about it. For some reason I keep hearing voices in my head saying "WE CAN DO IT"!! I wonder if I need to get that checked out by the doctor :eek::eek::eek:.

ASUDaizy-I think your times are very, very good. I am not a fast runner at all. I guess you could say I'm slow, but consistent. The cardio coach workouts are forcing me to build my speed on the treadmill with all of the high/low intervals. In order to beat my bratty nephews, I will have to build my speed up, but you're right, I have time and Cathe's leg conditioning workouts on my side. I keep encouraging my nephews to eat those donuts ;););).

Kim-So you've joined the ranks of OFFICIALLY DONE WITH MESO 1. Now you probably know that I have some kind of nasty comment to make, but I'm afraid Gayle will SHUSH me, so I say to you, "Enjoy your Rest Week" and have a fabulous time in Vegas!!!!!!!! Just remember that while you are lounging in Vegas and swimming in their fabulous pools, some of us are still plugging away at Meso 1 (sorry, I just couldn't help myself :p) P.S. There are some hills in the Crimm Race (Definitely have to work up to that also!)

Tracy-So sorry to hear about your son. Hopefully the doctors can fix him right up! Glad to hear that you are feeling better though! Don't be to hard on yourself if you can't fit a workout in today. Keep us posted!

Well, my lunch hour has quickly passed, so I must return to my work mode. Have a good afternoon, and Hi to everybody else that checks in!!!

Mary

Hey guys. Sitting here, enjoying the sounds of the iRobot vacuum taking care of the dust bunnies in the kitchen! LOL

Jo, I LOVE that jingle!!! Thanks for thinking of us. Now I'll have to go download that song so I can sing it! lol And next time you do the BC Core premix, repeat each segment a second time....I LOVE doing that and the DOMS every time are killer!

Mary, you like a slight SWEAT or SWEET after dinner? lol Just kidding, I know you meant sweat...as in SWEAT and run for 25 minutes for every bite of SWEET you take! :p

"Daizy", great time on your 4 miler! And I, too, like to repeat previous races so I can compare my progress!!!!

Kim....WOO HOO Meso 1 is done. Now tuck it away on your shelf and forget about everything you just did for 8 weeks. Enjoy your recovery week AND VEGAS, baby!!!!

Gayle

Getting ready to go for a walk but wanted to catch up on personals..
Just got back from the doctors DS has some sort of virus but his ears are clear thank
God.

Gayle the warm blanket sounds wonderful!! Right now he is watching Mickeys clubhouse. Oh man i need an irobot!!!! I hate to vaccuum

Asudaizy great job running. I wish I could run I have tried many times and I just hate it!!

Kim have fun in vegas my mom and crazy aunt are there right now... Enjoy your rest week mine is almost over but I am looking forward to Mesocycle 2. I am starting it on monday along with better eating.....I plan on starting the biggest loser 30 day jump start.

Jo Great job on the work out you go girl!!!! Great jingle

Mary funny I hear that voice in my head too..it sounds a lot like our cheerleader gayle

Boy this has taken me long to write......every two seconds i am being summoned mama milk mama dog (stuffed)fell on floor.....I am getting my exercise just running back and forth!!
BBL
Tracy

Hi Guys,

I did disk 11 today. I enjoyed it quite a bit and am getting better at those chinups, now the pullups is a different story. Howcome they never seem to get any easier?

Kim, I am right behind you, just imax3 and disk 12 and then I'm done also! I honestly only do the extended stretch if I feel extra tight. Some days I simply don't have the time, but it's nice to do it every once in a while. However, it would be even nicer to have bigger variety.... I always stretch after the leg disk, though, because that one seems to always give me the worst doms...

Gayle, hi five on the pizza! I heard you too while I was making those sweet lemony bread bunnies for my daughters class and didn't cheat either....:) The bunnies were a hit, everyone loved them which makes it so worth the effort!

I like it when you all share what's on your menu for the day. It gives me new ideas to shake things up. Jo, I ended up buying the salmon patties you talked about from Costco. But I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

Here's what's on the menu for me today:

Chocolate protein shake with 1 banana and 1/3 cup oatmeal

Vanilla protein shake with instant coffee (drank that at my dd class)

Lettuce, tomato, onion, 3 oz chicken, handful of almonds, fatfree yogurt dressing

pure protein bar, handful of walnuts (I'm on the run again, so had to be easy)

carmelized onions, 3 oz chicken, cauliflower sprinkled with chives and ground almonds.

I don't know who said it, but I agree, Imax3 is always hard, no matter how many times I do it, but that is why I shall be doing it tomorrow...:) If I have the dvd listed, I decided I'm going to do what the cardio recommendations say.

My son had his first kindergarten jog-a-thon fundraiser at school today. It was so fun seeing him run and get into it! He did 9 laps. The fastest boy in his class who is a year older did 13 laps! Now he wants to go practice so he can win the medal next year. Isn't that great?:)

I have another pretty busy couple of days, so I don't have time to do as much chatting. Good job everyone on your progress and on persevering! We are doing it!:)

Hello Ladies!! Today I did disc 8 for the last time! It felt great! Then I did MB Abs. Today I worked on coming up with a menu I really need to get back into the BFFM. Tomorrow I go to the hypnotist I am hoping he can help me.

I am wondering if any of you can answer this question for me. According to BFFM you have to eat extra to build muscle. Does that only apply to making a muscle larger or does it include firming. And if you add the extra calories to build the muscle can you selectively choose which muscles will get bigger based on how you work them in conjunction with the increased calories?

And here is another question in you flex a muscle and have gushy stuff to grab over the muscle is that fat or skin or what?

Hi Again!

I forgot to post earlier what my workout was for the morning. We did Disc 8 (back & tri's) for the 2nd time. We had another lady that joined us a few weeks ago. She didn't do the testing, she just likes to lift at her own pace and is really enjoying the workouts with us. I'm really excited that we get to start a new round of tapes next week (Get Ready Meso 2, I'm getting closer).

I'm experiencing a dull aching pain in my right hand at the base of my thumb :mad:. My workout cards telling me to lift 35# for some of the current exercises, and since I haven't gotten my lazy behind to the store to buy them, I've been lifting a 30# + 5# handweight together. Trying to lift 2 weights in 1 hand is really pretty stupid, and I know I'm putting my hand at risk for an injury. I was hoping to finish the last 2 weeks with the weights I currently have, and then buy the heavier weights for when I do Meso 2 at home. I'll have to check my workout card for next week to see if what I have is doable. Hopefully my hand can hold up for a little while longer.

Gayle - Thanks for catching my unplanned play on words with the sweat vs. sweet. I had to laugh when I read your follow-up to my post. FYI, I really do like to sweat after dinner, but I enjoy the sweets so much more :eek::eek:.

Julie - Good luck at the hypnotist tomorrow. I can't wait to hear the reviews! I'm going to leave it up to the experts about the food vs. muscle question, I'm just no help in that category. Glad you enjoyed your workout today!

Cendrine-Congratulations on your future track star. You must have taught him well!!! Pretty soon he'll want to start working out with you and Cathe!!!

Jo- Have fun with your out-of-town company this weekend, and enjoy your DH's Birthday cake!! I'm thinking about doing another CC workout tomorrow. I think I'm becoming addicted to Shawn :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Hi to everybody else!!!!!

Have a Good Evening and Sweet (or is that Sweat) Dreams :p!!!!!!

Mary

Mary, talking about 'play on words'....I giggle every time I hear you say "tapes" instead of DVDs. lol Now, my suggestion for the 35# you need.....GO BUY IT before you hurt yourself. BE CAREFUL! How about wrist or ankle weights...do you have any that you can wear while holding the 30???

Soon2bfit, I'm sorry, my dear, but I have no idea how to answer those questions.

Cendrine.......yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy....carmelized onions. LOVE the sound of that, girlfriend! :)

Tracy, I'm glad to hear DS' ears aren't hurting. Hug him extra long tonight!!!

OK....I'm headed to the kitchen for my BSN protein shake and then I may hit the bed early. OH! I have to hit the basement first so I can set up my workout area for disc 15!

DOMS are getting worse as the hours go by, ladies. Just something to look forward to! LOL

Gayle

I second on those salmon patties from costco. They are great on the grill! another good find at costco is the grilled chix strips not the frozen but the fresh ones ans the seasoned salmon at costco is awesome too!

Gayle,

LOL - My DH is constantly reminding me that they are DVD's and not tapes. I guess old habits are hard to break :p:p.

Bottom line is I need to buy 35's and 40's. I think that's a good weekend plan for me. I cringe at having to take them to the gym and then transfer them back home again (those babies are heavy!!!). Unfortunately, the gym doesn't supply the hand weights in the workout room, so I try to have duplicate weights when I workout at home, but the heavier weights are really taking a toll on my pocket book!

For all you Costco shoppers, it that similar to a Sams Club? We don't have Costco in my area, but we have a Sams Club. They sell a little of everything and mostly in bulk. Is that the same????

OK, I'm Done - Good Night Everybody!

Mary

Mary,

It is not the same but similar. I have Costco, Sam's and BJ's. I prefer Costco, but you can definetly get similar items at Sam's. Costco has great produce at great prices. I ask what day their produce gets in and I go on that day so it is the freshest. Sam's has lots of great items also. Now I'm hungry...15 minutes and my salmon will be ready!! yum yum!

Hi Guys,

something I really like about Costco is their social and environmental conscience. Their own brands of things have a lot of effort and care put in to make them excel across the board. I would say I buy probably half if not more of all my food there.

Julie, I'm no expert, but I have heard an audio by Tom Venuto that talks a little more aobut muscle gain and surplus calorie needs. He says it is not likely that you will gain muscle weight on a fatloss calorie level. However, it does happen to some extent. For instance, I lost about 5 lbs of fat, but replaced 2 of them with muscle, according to my bodyfat measurements. I didn't expect to add more muscle, but it happened even though I'm on a calorie deficit at the moment. You go, Cathe! However, I do think muscle growth will happen easier and at a faster pace if you do eat in a surplus, but then you most likely will slow down the fatloss some.
As far as the 'flab' goes when you contract your muscle, I would guess that depends on what your history is. If a person has lost tons of weight I would guess that most of it is skin. But if a person hasn't been really up high in weight, I would say that part of the flab is probably some fat.
I hope that helps!

Mary, I have to comment, I think I'm working pretty darn hard and none of my tri/back workout cards are calling for 35-40lbs dumbells! You must be one strong woman! Some of my back cards do mention pretty heavy barbell weight for back, but my low back can't handle it. And I think I'm kind of glad, because those 30s are way heavy enough in my thinking....:eek:
My husband keeps teasing me about my determination not to buy more dumbells. He thinks in a couple of months I'll have changed my mind. I have no space for more weights! But I'm sure I'll make space if I ever think the 30s are too light. yeah, right.

Gayle, thanks for the heads up on the doms for meso 2. I'm gonna get me that Epsom salt this week!

And guess what, you guys? My husband has done Cardio coach two times this week! I can hardly believe it! THanks for getting me started on this!

Have a good night, all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.