6 Monthers, STS, FRIDAY FRIDAY!!!!!!

banslug

Cathlete
"Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another."

Good Friday morning!

Kim, enjoy your extended weekend. We'll hear all about it when you get back Monday, right??? ENJOY!!

Cendrine-I'm going to play with the 4DS cardio next week, thanks for the input.

Just got done with my workout! Cardio Kicks, then abs and stretch from KP&C!!!!!

I've got DOMS in my back! MY BACK! That, like, NEVER happends! EVER! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick shower and get the kids rolling. Half day at school today, and my best friend and I are going for pedicures this morning. I am SO NOT the pampering type, and super low maintenance, but I fell in love with pedi 2 summers ago and just LOVE getting them done, so I enjoy them in Spring and Summer.

Oh, and on the NEXT GOAL DATE......it may be long from Memorial Day to July 4th, but I DARE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US TO TAKE ON THAT CHALLENGE!!! See what we're REALLY made of!!!!!!!! What do you all say???

BBL, PROMISE!

Gayle

I love that quote you have Gayle. I think we do all make our own decisions.
It looks like we are going to be a skeleton crew for the weekend with Kim and Jo gone. But I hope you gals have a good time. Don't work to hard Jo. I hope you get to enjoy the long weekend!

Last night before I went to bed I told myself no matter what I felt like when I got up, I was going to do the drill max 63 min. premix...so that is what I did:eek:! Cathe meant business when she thought that one up. Not to mention yesterday was disc 20. Oh those legs. And no Cendrine, There was really no change for me whether I ate 20 min. before or 1hr before. I guess I am used to eating and then going to work out about 10 or 15 min. later. I try to keep it light though.
DH is still realing from him attempt at STS. Yesterday he was complaining about how sore his ribs were:D. I think that was from all the straining on those pushups! He just can not believe how tough Cathe is! You know how guys are...they think they can hang with any woman!:p Not this time Bucko..I love it. Now I have a new goal. And that is to make it thrumore push ups then he can:eek:. I think I can do it! Now I can't wait to get back to meso 1 just to see how far I have come. But don't get me wrong, I get a little sad every week that goes by and it is one week closer to the end of STS. (for the first time anyway). I guess I have rambled long enough. I am off to get on with the duties of the day. I will be back later for personals.

Hope you all have a glorious workout today!

Rachel

Hi Guys - just a quick note as I'm getting on the road! I did Cardio Fusion All Step premix this morning to get me charged. I may or may not be able to check on all of you this weekend, but I'll be thinking of you!

Rachel - you rock girl doing that premix!

Gayle - I'm so glad you have a sore back (in a nice way of course!)

It's going to be in the 80's at my mom's so I'm glad I'm going this weekend! Yeah! I've got my ziplocks of snap peas and carrots and apples and broccoli for my drive.

Talk to you all later! Have a good weekend and EAT CLEAN!!! :p

Hey guys....just a quickie. Got my pedi with my BFF and we're now off with the kids to lunch and then blood donation at my school that I set up thru the PTA! We have 70+ people donating blood today. It's a good day!

And the massage chair at the parlor was AWESOME for my DOMS in my back!

BBL

Gayle

Hi Guys,

I did disk 21, and loved it, but the biceps got a bit challenging...

We have family fun night at school tonight, and I decided the kids could have the hot dog dinner there and enjoy some play time. I am going to have leftovers for dinner before we go.

Also today is the last day of swimlessons which will be celebrated with popsicles, so the kids are going to have one fun day!

I have coupons for Costco on the list for this morning. Hopefully they have something useful I can buy for a birthday present for ds friend for next week, then I can save myself another trip...

Everyone have a great weekend!

Hello Everyone.

Jo and Kim- enjoy your weekends. Can't wait to hear about both of your trips. 80 degrees in oregon- that sounds awesome.

Gayle- congratulations on the back doms and the vein. I never really thought of wanting to see veins. I have a patch of veins on my leg and I don't like it too much. I am hoping to get them taken care of in the next few weeks. I can send them to you if you want more- just kidding- was that gross. (I know you are talking about different ones though-:p)

You set up a blood drive too!!!???? You are one hell of a woman, mother, community person. You go girl.
The ped and massage sounds great. I love getting pampered. and who doesn't?!?!

Rachel- love, love, love Drill Max. I do that disc more than any other. (usually in a premix form) It is so much fun-tough but fun. That is great you were able to talk yourself into completing it-no matter what. That is the kind of focus we all need-WTG!

Yesterday I did hardcore extreme the hi/lo one. I had such a hard time getting my energy going. I kept telling myself just one more section and I can stop. But by the time I got to the KM blast I had this burst of energy-so I ended up doing the whole 70min! Yay me.

I did disc 20 this morning and at 6 am my legs did not even want to move during the warmup. I went through the warm up 3 times to get the blood going. I can't believe Meso 2 is almost done for us. WE ROCK!!!

Cendrine- glad the kiddies are better and were able to finish swim lessons. Family fun night sounds great and so does the hotdog. Now that grilling weather is here I have been craving a hamburger or hotdog. But I haven't caved in yet. We are having a BBQ next weekend, maybe then I will splurge.
I agree with you the biceps on that disc were really tough. I had a hard time getting through them.

Anyone watch Grey's? It was so sad last night. 2 of the main characters died last night. One of them was expected, but the other was a complete shock.
I have a baseball game tonight-well my son does. And we have 2 tomorrow. it is a nice day hopefully it will a nice night for a game. I hate sitting there and freezing my ass off!!

EVeryone have a great night. Stay focused.
Chrissy

oh the 4th challenge sounds great to me. I am ready!!!

Yeah Friday...That only means one thing to me! STS tomorrow! What can I say I am an addict.

Not too much going on for me today, Gayle I think you would go crazy if you had my life right now. Until our job starts up, we are just kind of in limbo. I have been trying to catch up on little projects around the house and of course there was our friends project but other than that it is a waiting game. I should enjoy it while it last though, because once it starts, it will be nothing but long days and late nights and probably weekend checkins for me:confused:. I need some advice on that too. In the past when we have had these long work days and end up getting home late I normally go to be without any dinner. You know the whole eating and going right to bed thing always made me feel like I would put on weight. So what is yall's perspective on it and do you have any good ideas for late dinners?

Gayle-You cracked me up with your vein story. I had one once, too:D. It was in my bicep and I was so excited I had to tell DH immediately...so I woke him up because I wanted him to see it before it went away:eek:.! You are the busiest woman I think I have ever met. What a full life you lead! I thought this was supposed to be your long weekend?;)

Chrissy-I need to really extend my Cathe dvd collection. My first set I bought was the one with Drill max and butts and guts etc and then I got 4DS and since then of course STS. Just recently I got IMAX2 and KPC. Love both of those. For the longest time I was just doing the ones I had recorded off of fittv until I came to the website. Since I now know what I am missing ( when I got the full length versions of KPC and IMAX) I want to get them all but I have to do it slowly$$. The reason I rambled about that was because I was wondering what is hardcore extreme and which series is that one in?
Oh yeah...I watch Grey's but I save it for Sunday mornings. It is a ritual for my rest day. So I had to avert my eyes quickly to avoid as much as I could but I did catch that 2 characters die...:( Please don't tell me more. It is one of my favorite shows! But I am sure the characters' I want to die didn't...:eek:That was wrogn wasn't it?

Cendrine- I loved disc 20 although it did not have dead lifts which I think are some of the sneakiest mean exercises there are but Cathe filled the space perfectly with those equally mean and very hard for me sit and slides. I just can not get down on those like I want to.
I had an egg dish fiasco that I wanted to ask your opinion about...I wanted to make it again but this time with a more southwest feel. Well I think my mistake was adding the seasoning to the egg mixture instead of the vege mix, thus turning the eggs a brown tint. Although it tastes fine it looks terrible and frankly turns my stomach right now when I think that that is what I was planning to have for dinner tonight. :confused: So I think I am going to hide it in a whole wheat tortilla just because I can not stand to waste it all, but tomorrow the rest is getting dumped. My question for our resident chef is this, do you think if I would have added the cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cinnamon to the pepper and onion mix instead of the eggs it would not be brown? I want to try again but I would hate to throw out any more food!

OK guys, I am going so I can cook the DH some Paula Deen fried chicken....None for me!

Probably BBL.

Rachel

Rachel- I am so sorry about Grey's. I hope I didn't ruin it for you. :(. I feel really bad.

chrissy

Rachel, I think the only way you can keep the whole egg mix from turning a funny color would be to add it to the veggies, pour the eggs over them and not stir at all.

As far as eating before going to bed, you are doing worse for your metabolism by not eating, because it slows your system down, than by eating something light. It has been said that carbs can turn to fat easier at night because you don't burn them off, so you could try a high protein meal with veggies instead. For instance, you could do a cup of veggie soup with some grilled chicken or fish, or do steamed veggies with a side protein, or even a salad with protein. If you google sleep inducing foods, you might even come up with some ideas that will also help you go to sleep on top of keeping your metabolism up.
If you don't want to spend the time cooking because you are so spent from the day, make a protein/veggie soup in bulk on the weekend and have a cup before you hit the sack every night for the week. You could of course do a low carb protein shake or something like that, too.

I hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.