6 monthers, STS, Friday

cb1924

Cathlete
Wow! I'm the first one to check in?!?! I have been wondering if Gayle is in the middle of a post now. So I am not going to write alot.

Just finished plyo legs, I am dripping. My legs are like jello that hasn't completely set yet. I have done plyo before but it was just for cardio so I never did my suggested weight. WOW I am toast!!:D

BBL-have to wake the kids up
chrissy

Oh, Jello Legs Girl #2 checking in! LOL WOW! Chrissy, excellent description....jello legs that haven't set yet. Yup....it will be a while till I stop wiggling over here! :) WOW! I'm drenched too! I didn't hit pause once, and I completed all the reps with Cathe...can't vouch for the FORM, but the REPS were on target! ;) I then added one set of Tabata exercises....not sure if you know what that is, but it's a form of interval training specifically timed 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off for 4 full minutes. I only did ONE 4-minute set doing squats and overhead shoulder presses with 8#ers. I was huffing and puffing. A friend intro'd me to that and I just wanted to try it. Then I tacked on the Extended Stretch, which I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO enjoyed with these legs!

Chrissy, what flavor jello are YOU????

Today is pretty quiet. My friend/neighbor is having her annual Book and Bake Sale to raise money for Make A Wish Foundation. This is her 3rd year and so far they've raised over $5,000. We accept donations of books for about 4 months leading up to the sale then we all alphabetize them, fill her entire 2-car garage and bake for the extra bake sale. So we're walking down there this morning. Then this afternoon DS has basketball practice followed immediately the the rescheduled baseball game from last night. Throughout the day I'll be doing laundry and packing our bags for our beach trip. Did I say "today is pretty quiet"??? LOL

Time to shower and strip off these drenched clothes!

Gayle

Chrissy, I always feel the same way if I am posting first. I just know Gayle is doing it at the same time:D

Very funny Gayle, Your quiet day is what most people would call jam packed!

Well it was IMAX2 for me today and weights and plates. I have not done that one in a while ,w&p. I did not think my floor was very good for sliding. I always loved the first part but got very discouraged at the plates but guess what Ladies!!!!! I did every part of the plates:eek::eek::eek:. Now I am not going to set here and say I looked like Cathe while I did it but I was pikin' and side slidin'. I felt so proud. I was looking around as if someone was there to see me:eek:. Nope just me! It was a really good workout. I must admit though when I first started out with IM, my legs felt like lead and I was real clutzy but it all came together by the end.

Got to go but I wil BBL.

Rachel

mall cop was filmed in my mall. one of the filming days we went to the mall ( i had no idea the movie was being filmed) dd insisted on wearing her santa dress in july!! as we walked throught the mall tons of people were looking and pointing at her. someone eventually came over and asked me what part she played in the movie. my response? what movie? a minute later we were smack dab in the middle of the santa sceene in th emovie. i can be so clueless sometimes. LOL

did disc 21. going to shower and get going.

bbl

I'm starting Meso 3 today!!! :p:p I'm excited to get back into it! Somehow my recovery week turned into lie on the couch and not do much week:rolleyes::rolleyes: I think I worked out 3 times anyways I have an intense 5 weeks of workouts planned before holidays so will get back on track! I'm starting today with a cardio premix from Drill Max and medicine ball abs.

Today is my dayoff work. Gayle, both Mary and I have Fridays off work! Friday is always my work at home day, laundry, grocery shopping, errand, housework. Most Fridays I would rather be at work:rolleyes: The kids have been home for different reasons the last few Fridays so I have a long list of errands to do, exciting things like renewing my driver's license and buying gifts for the school teachers.

Gayle Hope you have a great time this weekend! Will the weather be hot for the beach??

Julie I just received the most recent issue of Runner's World and they had a whole article comparing recovery drinks. I'll see if I can post it later. SO can we see you in the Paul Blart movie?? The hockey playoffs continue tonight, game 6 out of 7. The city is in quite a frenzy! That's neat that your kids downhill ski, you must live near the mountains. We're on the prairies so no skiing around here.

Mary WooHOO! on the assistant! Hopefully that will allow you to enjoy the summer, a little bit more! How is your ds going to spend his summer?

Cendrine That's nice that you got to cuddle in the morning:D I definitely had more time in the evening to spend with the kids since I was on recovery week. When are you going to start homeschool? Are you waiting till the fall?

Chrissy How did the playoff game go??

Rachael We love to hear from you! Just checkin when you can and don't stress if you don't have time to catch up on personals! I watched Cathe's appearance on GVC from the link in Ask Cathe. Sounds like you did a better job than me on staying active during the recovery week! You know we travel to Florida most winters for vacation and when people find out that we're Canadian, we often get asked about the snow. I often found the questions a little odd then I realized that many people from the warm climates think that the snow comes and goes which is probably what they occasionally see (like rain) Then I started to explain that it comes and stays for many months, just keeps piling up but doesn't melt till spring. Many people didn't realize that. You're right we live in very different climates! I like to visit yours for a few weeks every winter:D:D

Kim

Good Morning!

I was going to do Plyo Legs today, but my legs are STILL tight from squat legs...so since I took a rest day yesterday, I will do those tomorrow. Instead today I did Disc 30 (Biceps, triceps & Shoulders) along with Step & Intervals!

Kim - yippee on starting Meso 3! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you! You'll be glad you had the recovery week!

Rachel, congrats on the progress on W&P! Those plate exercises are tough and some days I do better than others! I love Imax 2 also!

Chrissy and Gayle! What can I say? JELLO LEGS! I guess I'll have those tomorrow!

Julie, that's funny about the Santa outfit! How could you know?? :p

Off to the shower! Good day Cendrine and Mary and anyone else! BBL!

Chrissy, are you ready for our gathering this weekend? Were you able to find a place to stay??? You're not staying Sunday night, right???

Just a quickie post to stay accountable. Having a LARGE YUMMY salad before i cut the grass (double YUCKO). I want to try to get it done before any rain comes in, and before we leave for the beach tomorrow.

Ladies, this weekend I'll have my laptop at the beach with me (not ON the beach, rather in the townhouse, lol) and I WILL STAY CLEAN with my eating. I'm going to pack a bunch of stuff, and because we're staying at a friend's place, we won't have to spend too much $$$$ on eating out. My plan for The Lobster House, where we Tri Staters will be meeting on Sunday for lunch, is to get a salad and split an entree with DS, who LOVES food as much as me. He and I have been slitting dishes when we go out (which isn't often anyway) so that neither of us eats too much and we save some money. I don't know exactly what's on the menu, but I'm going to stay away from FRIED stuff and BUTTER for the lobster. I'm not going to deprive myself, since this place is supposed to be pretty good and is a rare treat. HOWEVER, my goal for this beach trip is to come home and either MAINTAIN my weight or have lost a teeny bit. I'm planning on a run Sunday morning before Ellie leaves with her family. Monday will be a rest day. If we come home Tuesday night, I'll pick up with whatever disc I'm on. or if we come home Wednesday then I'll just take Tuesday as another rest day. You girls getting TIRED of hearing me talk about my plans for this trip yet? :) I just want to PUBLISH it so that I can set my goals and REALLY REACH for them.

OK...gotta finish my salad and then YUCKO cut the grass.

Gayle

Actually Gayle, I emailed Ellie and I am staying with you guys. She told me I could have your bed-:p. Just kidding. I am leaving probably early afternoon. I am still waiting for Ellie to email me directions to her place. I will probably leave right after lunch.

I am going to get in Chest and Back and some cardio before I leave. My MIL is taking the kids. She wants them around 10 am so I am freeeeeeee for 2 days. No husband and no kids. Very excited to see you guys. And I am so glad you plan on eating well this weekend, it will make it much easier for me. I am still struggling with eating. Exercise not a problem but the food sucks. Its weird how I can push so hard with exercise even when its uncomfortable but food I cave so easily.

I'm not sure what flavor jello I am gayle. I don't eat the stuff. I am more of a chocolate pudding kinda girl. (with a little cool whip on top;))

My son lost his playoff game last night. They were the 4th place team playing the 1st. It was a great game. They were down 7-1 and we were tie at the end of the 6th inning. (that usually ends little league) But since it was a playoff they went another 2 innings. My son scored a run-very exciting.

Jo-What are you wimpy?!?! Couldn't handle plyo legs!?!?:p just kidding. Did you like SBT? I really like that one. I feel really strong while I am doing it.

Kim- welcome to Meso 3. Can't wait to hear your reviews!! My rest week should have been called lazy week-LOL

Rachel- great job on weights and plates. I have to confess I never do ab workouts. My trainer does abs with me once a week. :eek:. Glad you and your husband were amused by the busty comment!!

Julie- so did you make it into the movie? I love that movie. If you have ever seen it- there is a scene where he tries to slide behind a column or wall or something and he comes up short. So he tries to slide himself behind it by bouncing. Well, that same thing happened at one of my son's baseball games. The kid was sliding and slid too soon. He landed a foot short of the base and tried to bounce his way to the plate. It was very funny. He ended up being tagged out but gave everyone a good laugh even the coach!!

Hi mary and Cendrine
Chrissy

Chrissy! VERY COOL! I feel badly, because I certainly would have offered up for you to stay with us, but it's not MY place so I couldn't take that liberty!!! SO COOL! I'm leaving with the kids tomorrow, probably around 3pm at the LATEST! That will get me to Wildwood around 6ish. Do not wait on us for dinner, as we'll probably have something on the way (I'll pack my own stuff, too, so I can always eat when we arrive). I'll PM you my cell phone, plus the ADDRESS to Ellie's place. That way you can at least Mapquest it until she gets you directions....I'll go do that NOW!

Gayle

Hi Guys,

I ended up feeling cardioed out this morning so just did a nice long stretch, I knew I was going to be busy cleaning some, running a few errands and taking my dd bike ride practice... she likes to go faster now, so it's a decent walk for me :)

So, Kim, it looks like all I have to show for recovery week is 3 workouts as well, which isn't bad when you think about how hard we are all going to work after this week!
Not looking forward to the jello not quite set feeling....
I think we will take an easy summer, we always do some kind of creative learning through summer and this summer will be the same, but we'll probably really get started somewhere mid august, I'm thinking.

I'm off getting my workout cards ready for meso 3, I'm starting Monday!

Hi Everybody,

Just giving you an update of my day. I don't think I have time for personals, but tomorrow will be much better for me, and I will fill you in on my week. We had to be at the hospital at 7:30 this morning for my DH'S colonostomy (sp?). Between you and me, he is a big baby when it comes to any medical procedures, and he has been sooooooo high maintenance this past week :p. We didn't get home until 12:30, and then I had to go to the grocery store and run a few addt'l errands. While I was at the hospital, I somehow scratched my eyeball, and it has been very uncomfortable ever since. I feel like I have a huge eyelash floating around, and my eye has been watering nonstop. It's about 7:00 and I am getting geared up for Disc 24 (1st time) in just a few minutes. If I wait too much longer, I won't do it, and I have already taken my rest day on Tuesday, so I have no excuse!!

Tomorrow, my DS is having his annual end-of-the-school-year sleepover. My DH pitched a tent in the far back of our property, and DH is allowed to have 5 friends sleep over. I'm sure I'll have some great stories to tell you afterwards.

Ok, if I don't sign off now, I think I might just put my jammies on and call it a night. So, I will try to post early in the morning before Gayle and Chrissy leave for their outing. So have a wonderful evening, and I will talk to you tomorrow!!!

Mary

Chrissy, and just an FYI that I'm planning on going for a run on Sunday morning. Maybe Ellie's DH can watch the kids and the 3 ladies can hit the streets for a nice walk or run??? So bring a workout outfit if you'd like to join me! SEE YOU TOMORROW! DRIVE SAFE!

Gayle

Mary, my ds is at a sleepover as well. All the Grade 6ers's are sleeping at the museum tonight. I've done it once before with the boy scouts when he was younger. It's kind of neat, they do a flashlight scavenger hunt through the museum, which is kind of spooky. Then watch the show about stars in the Planetarium in their pajamas. Today at school, they watched "A night at the Museum" to get ready for it:D:D

Kim-that sounds like so much fun at the museum, I wanna go!! My kids would love that.

Mary- Hope you got to your workout. I have scratched my eyeball a couple of time and have had to go to the eye doctors for drops both times. I hope you feel better. I heard that it heals best/fastest with your eye closed. Get an eyepatch and you can play pirates with your kids. argh!! ;)

Gayle the run sounds great but I don't know if I could keep up with you. Will you show mercy?!?!:confused: Ellie emailed me the directions I will probably get there around 3 or 4. See ya tomorrow.

Took my kids out to dinner then we went bowling. I haven't bowled in about a decade. I couldn't even break 100. We had fun though.

Have a good night
chrissy

Gayle,
This was posted on Twitter by Cathe:
  • What are your fitness plans this weekend? I'm hoping to squeeze in a visit as well as a workout at the beach...fun and fitness all in one! about 6 hours ago
Follow Cathe on Twitter

Does this mean she is trying to come to the luncheon on sunday? How awesome would that be!!!!:eek:

chrissy

Chrissy, I'm not sure. I saw that too. I sure HOPE she can meet up with us!!! That would ROCK! And yes, I'll show mercy. I'm just looking for a good outdoor cardio workout.

DOMS are setting in, ladies, from Jello Legs.....I mean PLYO Legs this morning! WOO HOO!!!!

G'night.....90% packed and ready for the trip! Time to hit the hay! See ya all in the AM!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.