6 Monthers, STS, Friday

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning, ladies.

Cendrine, thanks for your input on my Meso 3 thoughts. Not sure what I'll decide, but I have to decide soon so I know which week of cards to print off! :)

Jo, I hope you're better today.

OK....gotta get the day stared for the kids. My workout is DONE! What a sweaty mess! I did BM2 Cardio Blast premix and HOLY COW, BATMAN! I was drenched and my HRM said I burned over 600 calories. Let me tell you, I FELT like it. By the time I got to the last circuit/blast, my legs were like lead and my HR was in the 90%s the whole time! LOL Then I tacked on Yoga Inspired Abs.

BBL (I didn't get to the viewing last night, so I'll be going this morning when the kids go to school.

Gayle

Good Morning everyone!

I haven't really been that great of a checker inner (is that a word-:eek:). I have been in the worst slump. I can't stop eating, literally. It has been a non stop binge for 2 weeks. I can't get my head out of it. Nothing is satisfying me. And to top it off, this is my rest week, so I made no effort to even do cardio. I worked out 2 days this week. Sorry to vent!!

Gayle- I asked Jerry if there was anywhere I could stay sat. night but most places are 2 night stay on the weekend. I am sure I could find a Marriot -hell maybe I can stay in Atlantic city that night. (and lose some more money!!) I am not sure what I am doing yet . I do know that I can't stay sunday night....so it just maybe a day trip.

I had thought about doing Meso 3 only once just because Cathe suggested it that way. The leg disc actually sounds boring. But how are the upper body ones. I don't have any big plans until August- the road trip and myrtle beach. I figure I will just be finishing b4 RT. I guess I can make a better decision after the first week. I think I may start tomorrow because I have really rested a little too much this past 5 days.

Galye- glad your son got a clean bill of health. That is awesome. I know what your saying about the chill. It sucks watching a 2 hr game in the cold and rain. Tonight is my sons last official game then playoffs on monday. Wed we sat in the pouring rain and it looks like tonight will be the same-Yuck!!
Have you decided on the walk yet? Don't mean to keep bugging you. I went to an informational meeting on tuesday. We got the low down of fundraising. I will be finishing up my fundraising page that I will e-mail out to family and friends. It is kinda easy. We also got the day of events. It sounds awesome, exciting and tiring. We can stay in brooklyn (at the Marriot) where checkin is friday night (our expense though) Then at 5:30am they shuttle us to pier 84 in Manhattan. We walk to Randalls Island (going through all the big tourist-y attractions (broadway, empire state building, etc) We will be crossing I believe the Manhattan bridge and Brooklyn Bridge too. The wellness village is on Randalls Island. We get fed, massages, some entertainment, and we pitch a tent and sleep!!! Next morning we are up and walk back to Pier 84. They will shuttle us back to
Marriot.

Jo- I hope you are feeling better. You haven't posted so I send my well wishes to you.

Mary- very happy your nephew got the clean bill of health from his check up. That is awesome. Very awesome gift you recieved from your gym buddies. What could be better than a GC for Cathe!?!?!

Julie- Sorry about all the crap STBX is putting you through. Hope the calorie counting with your son goes well. How was the concert?

Sorry I have to get Ryan on the bus. BBL
Hi Cendrine
Chrissy

Jo Hope you're feeling ok?? I do use the workout manager, it's lots of fun too play with!

Recovery week for me:D:D:D

Gayle That's great news about your ds's foot!! Just in time for summer holidays too! So you're finished work and when are the kids finished school? I notice they were still doing homework! My kids have school right till June 30th so a few weeks left but they have a day off today.

I was going to look at the calendar during my recovery week and plan out Meso 3. If I kept doing double weeks, it's going to run into my 2 weeks off work when we're going camping. I want to try both leg workouts though??

Cendrine I hear you on the Kindergarten, ours was only 2.5 hrs long. Could hardly get anything done before it was time for pick up! I know you were considering home school but you've decided to go with public school for Grade 1?

Mary I'm so happy for your nephew! I'm sure his family is ecstatic! How's the back feeling after the chiropractor's appt? How sweet of your friend's to get you the gift card!!

Julie Hope your dd is feeling better. How did the food measuring go?

Rachael The gym styles would be a great investment! I'm thinking of doing a CLX rotation after STS and then doing another round of STS once we get the cardio. But I also love Cathe's rotation and her June rotation looks good so not totally decided yet.

Would you believe that my ds has the flu again!! He's the one that started this nasty bug going through our household in the first place. He had it mid-may, then he gave it to me and then dd got it now he's got it back again! It seems pretty mild so far but he spent the evening lying on the couch last night! We went to the middle school orientation last night as ds is finishing Grade 6 this year and it's time for him to move to middle school:confused: The kids have no school today and I don't work Fridays so I thought we could do something fun. But the daycare (they look after the kids before/after school, summer holidays, inservice days) is taking the kids on a fun field trip so dd wants to go to that and ds is sick so probably will not be doing much. Not sure if I'll work out or not.
Kim

hey ladies, can't chat. I need to quick change to head out to the viewing. I'm not staying for the funeral because the kids have a half day (till Tuesday) and I'll miss the bus if I stay for it. Besides, we're visiting the family this weekend to give the sister of B-Man a gift card to Build-A-Bear Workshop, where she can create a bear in her brother's honor/memory.

I'll chat/reply when I get back....shouldn't be long.

Gayle

I guess we were posting at the same time Chrissy! Sorry, that you had such a rough recovery week! I've had a bad couple of days with treats as well so hoping the recovery week doesn't throw me off track. Kim

has anyone noticed that some words are getting highlighted in green. I didn't highlight Health, it mysteriously happen-spooky:p

Hi Kim-
Sorry your son being sick again. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
My recovery week is not what threw me off track, its alot of things. The lack of exercise this week just made me feel even worse about my binging....so I binged some more. Viscious cycle!!!
chrissy

Last edited:
hi rachel- Sorry I missed you. I'm glad food decisions have been going well. Good for you!! I am so impressed that you get up that early to work out. That is amazing. I am not a morning person.

Gayle- Are your sons out of school this week too. That seems so early. My kids don't finish until 6/26.

chrissy

Gayle the Build a Bear gift card is a beautiful idea!

Is this a dumb idea? Since I have 5 weeks to do Mesocycle 3 before holidays hit, and I would like to do both leg workouts, Cathe's 3 cardio workouts plus one run day. I could do 4 weeks but make them long weeks.

So each week do 4 sts works (both legs) and 4 cardios (Cathe's 3 cardios and 1 run) then a rest day. This would take me 5 weeks. Is this a good or bad idea??
Kim

Kim....funny you should say that about Meso 3....I was thinking this VERY SAME THING!!! Making the 'week' more like a 9 day week to get the extra leg workout in. How AWESOME of an idea is that??? That would work perfectly with my vacation next weekend and would finish it up before my next vacation in July!!! OH! GREAT IDEA! Sorry DS is sick, though, but at least you were able to share this idea with us today! :)

Chrissy, ugh. HATE when that cycle just rears its ugly head! Been there, done that, and unfortunately, it's hard to just pick yourself up and start fresh. HANG IN THERE!!!!! Find a reason and starting point for a FRESH START!!! But keep checking in here as much as you can. I find that when I'm in that cycle, I pull away from the boards and get quiet here, yet THIS is a huge help at times like that. On the Cape May thing next weekend....you mean we can't stay at Jerry's hotel for just ONE night? Seriously??? I've pretty much decided that the kids and I will drive to Cape May Saturday afternoon and stay there that night, and spend Sunday on the beach (weather permitting) and then go to Wildwood Sunday night (Ellie's place, if I ever get in touch with her) and stay until the kids are ready to come home. I'll check with Jerry. But if we CAN split something for Saturday night, that would keep our costs down, if you're willing to share the room with me and 2 spunky boys! :)
Oh, and on the Avon Walk, sorry I've been dragging my feet on this decision. I think I'm going to pass because I'm putting together plans to take my kids to Texas in October as a surprise/treat.

My kids are done with school on Tuesday. They have half days today, Mon and Tues. The 5th grade 'graduation' is Tuesday.

Gayle

Hello everyone!! I did disc 18 for the second time today.

Chrissy, I hear you on the slump. On my recovery week I am actually not going to take it because the last time I slid into a slump that felt like it was impossible to get out of. Eating, being lazy it was aweful...and all you girls helped get me out of it by reading your posts etc. Do your best to get back on track when you are ready.

DS treated myself and DD to bumper boats last night it was great, of course stbx had to come. After the bumper boats we did the car and bike show which was great. Except for the guy who kept staring at me and my gf. We were trying to figure out if we knew him when we realized what he was doing under neath the table with his hand and pants open. We bolted and then the guy was caught by a friend of mine who saw him taking pics of my butt. Great. My gf thought she was being funny and said, see he thinks you have got a nice butt. Gross. I have to run police coming over to file a report and update me on a situation at DD school.

Jo we will be back together after your rest week because I am skipping recovery this time aropund.

julie

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry about that, guys, I just posted to all of you and then accidentally hit some button that made my post disappear.....:mad::mad::mad:

Anyway, short version t his time. Did disk 24, loved it!
Love your idea of double leg for meso 3 for one month! Seriously considering it! Love the june rotation as well, also seriously considering that one for after!

Gayle, I love the build a bear idea! You are incredibly thoughtful!

Kim, I am going to homeschool for 1st grade, sorry if I didn't explain that right before. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm busy prereading all the books which is lots of fun! I'm doing some of my reading while walking at an incline on the treadmill to burn off some of the damage I did to myself over memorial day weekend....
I hope your son kicks the flu quickly and hopefully no one else gets it this time!

Chrissy, I'm so sorry about your slump, I hate it when that happens to me, I feel so powerless when I'm in the middle of one of those! I agree with Gayle, I tend to want to withdraw as well, but try to check in often, somehow it does help... I need to l isten to my own advice here... I tend to tell everyone else the good things to do and then don't do it when I'm in the same situation.... For all it's worth, my chiropractor and I commiserated last week about our sugar attack and she blames it all on the moon....:D Made me feel better to know someone else who I thought was soooo disciplined, has her moments too!

Julie, so sorry that happened to you! How annoying and disgusting is that! How are you doing with that? What about the court date? Is that today? How is dd? How's ds eating? I hear you on getting thrown off by the recovery week, I do better just plugging along! So you will enter into meso 3? Awesome!

Jo, I miss you and am concerned about your absence! I so hope you are getting better and I'm so sorry you seem to have got hit bad!

Hi Rachel, Hi Mary,

Sending some ((HUGS)) to Gayle, I'm sure it was hard going to the viewing.

Okay, I spent lots of time playing with the calendar and have decided that after my recovery week, I will spend the next 5 weeks doing 8 workouts/1 rest day. That should take me to my 2 week vacation which I will need after that!

The plan is to do all 4 meso 3 workouts (both legs and the 2 upperbody ones), the 3 recommended cardio and then 1 run with my running buddies. So adding one extra day of strength and 1 of cardio each week but only doing 4 weeks instead of 8 (But will take 5 weeks) Does this make sense?

Yep, Kim, makes sense. Here's what I am working on in my workout manager:

I am replacing one of my cardio workouts with plyo legs each week so I do both leg workouts each week of meso 3 as well as the upper body ones. So I am working out 6 days a week, with two legs and two upper body and two cardio, although I kind of classify plyo legs as a cardio for my purpose. Does that make any sense? I am also planning on just doing one month of it.

It's taking a while for me to readjust all the workouts from the rotation...

Hi Everyone! :D Just to let you know I'm alive! :p I've had a rough couple of days and this is not over yet. I am just out of bed for the first time tonight (besides going to the bathroom!) since I posted Wednesday. I think today was my worst day and hopefully am headed downhill. I couldn't take any pain meds yesterday or today as I couldn't keep them down so that compounded everything. All I've had to eat is a couple of pieces of toast and saltines. Not good for Meso 3! This is probably the worst migraine I've in 10 years.

I appreciate you're all sending me well wishes and being concerned! I was sending you all happy "clean eating" thoughts and hoping you're having good workouts. I'm going back to bed so hopefully this will all be over by Sunday or Monday. I'll talk to you all then!

(This is messing up my workout schedule I so carefully worked out! :mad:)

Missing you all and I'll write more then!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.