6 Monthers, STS, Friday

banslug

Cathlete
We're heading into our first weekend of our new challenge. Take some time today to set your goals for Today, Saturday and Sunday. Think about how you want to feel on Monday morning when the weekend is behind you....do you want to feel AWESOME and know you stayed on track and in control? Or do you want to have that feeling of regret because you let your guard down???
I know which one I want!

Cinnamon rolls in oven for kids, and timer is beeping, so no time left.

This morning's workout: CCPP! And I left it all in my workout room! I was spent and dripping wet when I was done. Logged over 7.15 miles on my feet and treadmill and I couldn't behappier.

BBL, after I get the kids on the bus!

Gayle

Good Morning!! I just finished the last leg workout of meso 2. I really enjoyed meso 2. I have to say my upper body is still very sore from wed. workout. I will probably do cardio later. My weight is way up but I can't seem to get my eating back on. During the day its fine but at night I am going out of my mind. Today I am going to sit down and figure out my plan (food wise) for our challenge for the next few days (maybe longer).

I need to get the kids ready for school
BBL
chrissy

Hi, Chrissy. Meso 2 rocked, didn't it??? I loved it so much more than the fast-paced Meso 1. I'm a bit afraid to see what Meso 3 has in store for us. Sorry to hear about your eating. My worst challenging times are from 2-4pm and after the kids go to bed. But I've been keeping myself busy and my mind off the food and out of the pantry by 'playing' on the laptop, sipping my green tea and/or playing in my craft room (aka my dining room).

Today after school, we have our BIG annual Festival from 4-7, so my food is going to be packed and in a small cooler. As an Officer I have to man the money and ticket table, so it should be easy to sit there and snack on my meal. Let me see if I can plan something easy....looks like this:

M1: banana w/ PB2
M2: 3 hard boiled egg whites, Smoky Spinach & Bean Stew
M3: 2 lite string cheese (at work) and an apple (if I can find one)
M4: egg white pancakes (at festival...when I need to eat these while out and about, I toast them as normal, and put them in a plastic sandwich bag with a napkin on the bottom and on the top of the bag to suck up the sweat and moisture build up....not the BEST way to eat them, but it gets the job done)
M5: salad greens with can of tuna, EVOO, balsamic vinegar, corn (at festival)
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein (this has really helped me get that nighttime munching under control again)

I'm feeling awesome, ladies, and I want you to join me!

Jo.....can't WAIT to see you in those new specs!

Gayle

I woke up sicker today than yesterday. That was my first excuse I cam up with for not working out today. The second was that I could not find this thread so how could I work out if I can not post? After reading another inspirational post from Gayle I am going to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissy, Do you track your food. I find that it help me stay on track. Also I have been taking a part of the day on sunday to get my food ready for the week. That helps also. Do you have Excell?

GO! Julie, GOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Once you get started, it's always good after that. This morning, I played a little game with my head. CCPP is a daunting, awesome but killer cardio workout. SO....I said just get 5 minutes in past that warm up phase. Then let's do challenge 1, which took me to the 25 minute mark. Then I HAD to get to 30, right? By then the next challenge started so I set my goal to finish that challenge. Then the idea was to get to the 45 minute mark, but of course I can't stop in the middle of THAT challenge, right? SO I hit the 50 minute mark and KNEW the finish line was coming. Guess what.....I CROSSED that finish line!

Chrissy, BSN is a protein drink.
http://www.bsnonline.net/splash/interest.php
I find that DRINKING my last meal, at 8-8:30 instead of CHEWING/MUNCHING on it helps me stay out of that munchie fest that kicks in at that time of night.
You can buy it cheaper at other websites.....I don't buy from their site.

Time for work!

Gayle

Well poor little dd is still very sick, we're heading out to see the pediatrician this morning. My MIL (who is a retired nurse from children's hospital) did come spend the day with her yesterday as I felt I needed to get into work for a few hours. The working mommy's guilt that I'm sure many of you know.

I did get in Low Max Wed night and disc 24 last night. KPC is on the schedule for today and then I start the last week of Meso 2:D:D I didn't get up early enough to do KPC this morning and so will probably wait until this evening when DH is home to do it so that I can be at the beck and call of the little sick princess.:(

Question for all you wonderful chefs out there! BTW, Cendrine thanks for all the recipes especially the ones with the beans. I always read how healthy lentils/beans are for you but never know what to do with them. And Gayle, I have plans to make your chicken cordon bleu recipe tonight so hopefully my ds loves it as much as yours and Cendrines. Anyways, I have a $50 gift certificate to use at a book store and was wondering about some good cookbooks, any recommendations from anyone?????

Rachael I got to say again how much I admire you getting up so early to workout! What time do you go to bed at night?? I think Imax 2 is more fun than Imax 3 but Imax 3 is a little harder. LowMax is a great workout but I don't find it has quite the same fun factor.

Cendrine- I'm glad the chiro's appt helped, are you going again today?/ I hear you on the low plane lunges on the third triset of disc #23, I think that was the hardest leg workout yet! I was sweating buckets!

Gayle So what are you going to do with all your time when your finished with your PTA president next year??;);) Those will be big shoes for someone to fill. Have fun at the fair! WTG on th 7.15 miles so early in the morning, what a way to start the day!

Chrissy I'm am so with you on the eating issues. I've always been big into fitness/sports but eat too much and could lose a few pounds. What sport is your ds playing that he's out so late?

Julie Hope you're feeling better soon! The divorce party sound interesting:confused:

Mary WOW, 6 miles and then legs the next morning! How are the legs today? So CC8 is your favourite that's about the only one I don't have. Hmm, what's so special about that one?

Jo Love the purple glasses idea! So people say they're so you, does that mean that you a cheerful, outgoing type person:DHope you're enjoying your recovery week!

I got a chance to talk with my patient that bough me the drum yesterday, he told me that him and his 89 yr old friend made it. It's made from deerskin with a deer they killed, all handmade, he said it took them about 60 hrs to make. He took it to one of their elders to have it blessed before bringing it to the hospital. What a special gift!! I bought it home for the kids to see and play with over the weekend and then we're going to hang it in the therapy room to display it.

Hi Everyone! I have to get going as I have a meeting this morning. I was going to do CCV8 but Rachel inspired me to do Imax 3 (thanks Rachel - YOU MUST GET THIS!) Tomorrow will be CCPP so I will still get my spin in.

Kim, so sorry about DD! Hope she gets better over the weekend. I have to say CCV8 is my favorite too of all the CC's! YOU MUST GET IT!

Julie, just get started and think how good you'll feel afterwards!

Chrissy, I loved Meso 2 and like Gayle am wondering about Meso 3. But so far I've like something different about all of them. But I really LOVED Meso 2!

Gayle, thanks for your continued inspiration and motivation! Great job on your workout this morning!

Got to run...you all have a great fantabulous day! :eek:

Hi Guys,

I did disk 24 today, wow! It was fast paced and had me breathig hard! I did 12 pullups for the first set! Wohooo, that is a first! I enjoyed this workout!

Jo, chickpeas is just another name for garbanzo beans. Can's wait to see your glasses! How fun that everyone likes them!

Gayle, I'm so proud of you for packing all that food for staying clean for the fair! That is great determination!

Kim, I'm pretty sure your fam will love the Chicken Cordon Bleu! It was sooo good! As far as cookbooks go, I'm not sure what you are looking for. I have found that when I go to a bookstore, the selection is limited, so if you can, check out cookbooks online and then have them order it for you so it's there when you go. I like anything healthy, maybe a cooking light cookbook or a low glycemic index cookbook. I have one of those and it has some good stuff in it. Another goodie would be a crock pot cookbook or something like that, if you use it. Anything you think your family and you will actually use instead of stash on the shelf....;)
After posting I am going back to the chiropractor, I am feeling much better already and I'm sure today will help my body remember where to stay put instead of being pulled back out to the tweak it was in...:)

Julie, awesome job on pulling through and getting the workout in anyway! It feels so good every time I do it.

Chrissy, hang in there, it's hard when you're off balance eating wise, but you will get back on it, just keep at it and you will cruise again soon!

Gotta go!

Disc 18 is done for the first time. I had to drop my weight toward the end with the bicep curls. My glutes still hurt from wednesday.

I am off to clean the house, actually my pantry. I went to put something away in it and I found myself cleaning that. Then pick up kids from school and take both to standing fri med appts.

My challenge for the weekend is to do cardio and abs and eat clean.
BBL good luck to everyone

I went to the gym and did an hour of cardio-ran for 30 minutes/walked up 10% incline another 30. I have my next 2 days of meals planned out. My husband and I are going to mohegan sun on sunday morning. So I have a plan to get through our mini trip, hopefully husband won't sabotage.

Kim- I hope your DD feels better soon. My son plays baseball. Normally games are at 5:30 but this week because of the holiday weekend they made it a 7:45. To top it off, it went into 2 extra innings because of tie score. They did end up losing though.:(

Julie- Sorry you are not feeling well, is it stress related? Its great you exercised anyway. WTG on staying focused.
Yes I have excel. Is there a special program for excel? I have heard others talk about it but I haven't really gotten any response from people. I started writing my food plan out today, hopefully that will help me.

Gayle-thanks for the info. Do you eat the PB2 in its powder form? And why did you pick that particular protein drink? taste?

Jo- your glasses sound like fun. I am constantly trying on glasses when I get my contacts. My problem is I buy a pair then end up not liking them later:confused:.

Can't wait to hear the reviews on Meso 3!!! I need to get to the store and pick up some heavier weights. I really needed them today for the plie squats but never got to the store. I ended up putting 70 lbs on my thighs and squating. I don't go down as low so I upped the weight and got in 15 reps while Cathe did 10.

Cendrine- glad your back is feeling better. so you can do regular pull ups - good for you. I can't do any. Someday. I think I will try the chicken cordon blue on tuesday. It does sound really good.

Rachel- I don't know how you get up at 4am. I struggle with 6am when I need to get my workout in early. Usually I don't get up until 7am.

I am going to make my protein pancakes now. Have a couple. Then grilled chicken on mixed greens and balsamic for dinner.

I will try to BBL. Hi Mary
chrissy

Well the pediatrician had one look at dd, and thought something was up so sent her for chest xray, urine and labs. Everything looked normal, he was quite surprised as he was sure he heard something in her chest. So he fiqures just a real nasty virus but to call him over the weekend if she doesn't perk up. She was lying real nice on the couch this afternoon so I did get get KPC done. Kim

Oh my gosh Cendrine! 12 Pullups! Are you kidding me? You are AWESOME! (and a strong thang too!) I am so impressed! You must feel like a million bucks! What a great accomplishment! (Must be all that clean eating!) :eek:

Julie, your goals sound good! Stick with them! Now...what about that divorce party? ;)

Chrissy, sounds like you had a solid workout today! Hope you and DH have fun! Planning meals is a good thing! :cool:

Kim, your poor little DD! Hope she's better tomorrow. Glad things looked normal though. Hope no one else in your family gets sick! I meant to tell you that I looked on the CC site last night and all his workouts are still really really cheap ($4.95) in case you wanted to get CCV8. :)

Well we are having outstanding weather again! It's 83 right now. You guys have to understand this nice weather is not normal for us right now so if I sound a little over excited about the sunshine, please bare with me! DH and I are going down to the trail after work and then enjoy a quiet evening. :D (But I'll probably be back again later!)

Hidy Ho Mary and Rachel if you show up today! :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, I meant to mention the pullups too!! That's totally amazing, I get so frustrated that I can't do them and ds loves to tease me about it:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The chicken cordon bleu was a big hit here!

Jo, brag away about the weather, I would be too if we ever had any. Just heading out to cover my garden with a blanket as we're expecting frost tonight! The problem with getting CC8 is the my mp3 player is full, about half is music and 5 cc workouts. So would have to erase something of get anought mp3 player. Hmm, Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.