6 Monthers, STS, Friday the 20th

banslug

Cathlete
Good FRIDAY morning, ladies!

The weekend is coming! Super excited! ANY PLANS?
My weekend plans.....the boys and I are headed to Jersey to visit with Jerry (JLoewe) and Ellie (elliemom). It's Jerry's DW's 50th BDay and their having a luncheon on Sunday, to which they invited me, my boys and Ellie and her family. So I'm super excited to hang with them this weekend. We're leaving tomorrow around 1pm after DS's baseball practice, and we're staying with Ellie and her crew at their BEACH HOUSE in Wildwood! It will be cool to be at the beach at this time of the year, when everything is closed. Then we'll drive home Sunday late afternoon after the party. My plan is to stay CLEAN with my eating. I'll be packing a cooler, so I'm not worried at all. I will enjoy, perhaps a big salad at the party (it's at a casual Italian place) and be just fine with that.

My workout is done, which officially closes Meso 1 for me. I pulled out CTX and did the cardio, abs and stretch from the Kickbox workout. Felt great to punch it out! :)

I've got a few things to do here before I head to the school! BBL

Gayle

p.s. When is the last time we heard from Belinda???

:)Hi Everybody,

I did disk 9 for the second time today. I'm on the home stretch now, just week 4 to do twice and then it's recovery week! I don't know about you guys, but I think we 6-monthers double earn the recovery week and technically should get two weeks off, although of course that is never going to happen! How could any of us not do any weights for two weeks, right!

Jo, I'm a little worried like you about meso 2, because the week 3 weights for meso 1 worked me quite well and I know I'm gonna have to work even harder the next two weeks, and that's just meso 1! I take comfort in knowing that meso 2 has less reps at least....

Gayle, have fun at the party and at the beach!
Our two kids got disneyland passes for Christmas, and believe it or not, we haven't activated them yet. But we are planning on doing that this weekend. That should be lots of fun! I'll make sure I pack some clean snacks so all the yummy junk at disneyland won't mess with my hard work...

I don't know when we last heard from Belinda... How are you, Belinda, I hope your absence is because your life is full of good stuff and not because of injury or anything else unpleasant!

Kim, I think if I remember correctly we are on the same time frame doing STS. How did you like finishing out week 3? Those plate bonus moves were pretty tough and I think they worked my abs at least as much as my legs...

I did the butts and guts stretch today to hopefully prevent as many days of doms. But if that doesn't work, Epsom salt, here I come! I love the music of the Buts and Guts stretch, it is very soothing and relaxing and makes me want to pull out my panflute and play along...

Oh, By the way, Gayle, your mentioning scrapbooking so frequently has done some good work to me, I am mentally gearing up to get back to my own albums. I used to do Saturdays, when my husband would take the kids and a friend and I wold scrap book all day. But I got out of the groove and am slowly getting my mind ready to get back into that groove. Thanks for the inspiriation!

Enough for now! Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Last edited:
Good morning Gayle and all who follows,

Sorry, I have been MIA the last few days:( I am still here and working out! DH came home Monday (he was in S. C for over 2 weeks) with back problems, he was in a lot of pain. I am coming down with a cold! One day we have sunshine, the next day we have snow ( it snowed yesterday) WTH!:eek:

Monday I did disc 7
Tuesday I did CCV 5
Wednesday I did disc 8
Thursday I did CCV 6
Today I did disc 8:p Holy moly! The bonus legs got me good today!
Tomorrow I will go to the gym for a run or elliptical, not sure what yet?

Gayle, thanks for checking in on me:D Sounds like you will have lots of fun this weekend! Be safe!

We don't have any plans for this weekend, since Dh back is messed up:rolleyes:

Have a great weekend and workout everyone!

Hi Everyboday,

Gayle-Your weekend at the Beach House sounds fantastic. I have no doubt that you are going to have a wonderful time. Enjoy those waves hitting the shoreline (INSERT HEAVY SIGH!!!) I wish my weekend plans were as exciting as yours.
icon9.gif
My son has the day off from school today, so besides taking a walk with Toby, I will be taking Phil shoe shopping later this afternoon. He's turning 14 next month, and is already 5'8". He's outgrowing everything at a record pace! Tomorrow is suppose to be in the 50's so we may get outside and clean up the borders. Besides a little spring cleaning, we are going out with friends Saturday night, but pretty much low key!

I finished my 2nd week of Disc 6 legs. My legs actually feel pretty good today:eek::eek:. I'm really noticing a change in the shape of my hips and thighs. Besides STS, I think a lot has to do with running again. It really seems to kick my lower half into shape. After listening to everyone's posts, I'm excited to start week 3. Sounds pretty challenging. Need to get out my workout cards and mentally prepare.

Cendrine-I am envious that you live so close to Disneyland. What a fun way to spend a day with your family. Do you enjoy the rides, or are you like me, and just like to watch? HAVE FUN!!!!

I have been following my eating plan all week, with no cheats, and feel VERY accomplished. The weekend is always hard, but Gayle and Cendrine if you both plan on eating healthy this weekend at the beach house and Disneyland, I sure as heck can stick to it also.

Belinda-So sorry to hear your DH is having back problems, and you are not feeling 100%. I'm sending you what little bit of sunshine we have in Michigan to help in your recuperation:eek:. It's amazing what a little bit of sunshine can do!

Well, I mentioned the word WALK to Toby, and he's been sitting by the front door patiently waiting. So I'm signing off for now, and will CBL.

Hope you are all having a good STS DAY
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
!!!

Good Morning...I'll check back in later as I'm off to the dentist and running late. I did get up and do CC5 this morning! Yeah! Loved it!

Jo

Hi ladies!

I finally got down to the computer. I lost another pound as of yesterday, but today the scale was up at weight I have not seen in a couple of weeks. I know it's just water, but still....that number can be demoralizing.

Ds14 and dh are going on a gun shooting scout outing tonight leaving me with the other 6 kiddos. We survive by hunkering down with movies and junk food, and I always partake, although I'm hoping that I'll be motivated not to by today's weight....probably not. I know myself too well:mad:. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Wednesday I did disk 9 second time round, yesterday I did the cardio premix of Advanced Low Impact Circuit (back felt fine) and today I'll do disk 8 second time round...then I just have 2 more weeks of meso 1--hurray!

Kim--happy belated birthday. Welcome to the 40's. I turned 40 last June. It isn't bad, I just have to watch what I eat more and listen to my body more.

Gayle--congrats on the running. I want to start running again too, but I want to lose more weight before I start to try and avoid injury. Hey those "few" extra pushups from disk 7 translated into 91 total on my toes(up from around 60 the previous week). That was spread throughout the whole workout though.

Cendrine--today I'll do disk 8 for the last time. You and I are in pretty much the same place;). Good job on the tightening belt. I'm shrinking, but very slowly.

Jo--Oh those paper plate moves just about killed me! When I'm done with STS, I thought it might be fun to make a leg workout with all the extra leg work at the end of all the meso 1 leg disks--all those finisher moves just kill me. It's harder for me than heavy lifting. I do not know why.

Mary--I never slept during Kindergarten nap time;)...good job on the loose pants. Don't you just love that feeling? I have a growing ds 14 5'8" too--he can eat a ton--scary!

Julie--cheese? girl scout cookies? I ate raw biscuit dough last night and after tonights planned food debauchery, I'll have to get back on the wagon as well. I hope you feel better soon.

Chrissy--I'll be doing disks 10-12 next week for the first time. Disks 7 and 9 killed me. I'm looking forward to the last set of meso 1...then on to meso 2--can't wait!

Belinda--are you on your first week of 7-9 or the second week? sorry about your husband's back problems.

Hi Tracy! Blessed--are you still with us?

Maggie:)

Maggie-I'm actually more impressed that you have SEVEN kids, than I am about the 91 push ups on your toes! LOL :eek: GREAT JOB ON ALL OF THAT!!!!!!

Gayle

p.s. HI everybody!

Maggie-I'm in agreement with Gayle. STS must be a walk in the park compared to raising 7 children, but the 91 pushups on the toes ranks a close 2nd
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Jo-Hope everything went well at the dentist. My brother-in-law is my dentist, and he has awarded me the "biggest baby" honor (Even so, I bet we could do more pushups on our toes then him!!)

Have a good afternoon everyone, I'm off to shop:D

Mary

Same here, Maggie, 7! It sure sounds like you are the kind of person that does well with 7! I know I would manage, but boy, I think I like the illusion of having some kind of control by only having two... :) I hope you and I will do well on week 4 next week! It does sound like we are on the same schedule! I thought it was Kim, but it's you!:)

Mary, it is nice to live so close to Disney LAnd, only a 10 min drive for us, and we can hear the fireworks at night... I enjoy the rides, but only if the lines are not too long.... which happens exactly how often...:confused:
I will enjoy just letting the kids discover everything this time around. They have never been, so this should be pretty cool for them!
I had to laugh when you said that if Gayle and me can eat clean this weekend, then so can you, it really is a motivating check in and challenge board, we all inspire each other!

Did 4DS Bootcamp cardio only and then the 20 min cardio that Cathe outlined. For some reason I was thinking that wasn't going to be hard but it was a good workout!:D Also did the STS abs with the plates/weights, I bought some furniture gliders for carpet and they worked really well.

Jo, thanks for the heads up on disc 12, it does sound harder :eek:

Gayle Have a great weekend!!!

Cendrine I'm so jealous that you live so close to Disneyland!! I love Disneyworld, we go as often as we can! Yes, we are about in the same weeks of STS, I found I could actually do some of the moves with the plates yesterday, last week I was just too busy trying to learn the moves.

Belinda Glad to see you back ! You've done well keeping on track even with having a cold!

Mary Enjoy that nice weather! We're supposed to be quite warm here this weekend as well.

Maggie Wow! 7kids, what ages are they all? Don't let that scale get to you! My scale just died and I debating whether I really need to buy a new one. I can get very obsessive about the scale.

Kim

Lots of good talking going on here today! Everyone must be fired up for the weekend! :p

Hello Belinda! :D Sorry about your cold and hope DH is okay! My DH has chronic back problems and I feel so sorry for him. I try to get him to do yoga once in a while and that always seems to help him but I can't get him to do it consistently!

Gayle, WOW it sounds like you are having a SUPER fun weekend! How fun to meet up with other Catheites! Congrats on finishing Meso1 ! You deserve this hard earned recovery week! ;)

Mary, hope you have a fun weekend with friends! Like you I'll be doing a little spring cleaning. I have company coming next weekend so I'm starting to get ready now (I strategically planned for them to come during my recovery week...that way if I miss a workout I won't feel bad! )

Maggie...like others, I had no idea you have 7 count them 7 children! Wow, how do you find time to workout? My hats off to you! :D:D That's funny you mention about the paper plate exercises because I was thinking the same thing of putting together something that incorporates all those with some of my favorite bonus less exercises. That would be so fun! I swear 50% of my legs DOMS are from those paper plate moves!

Cendrine, how fun to be by Disneyland. I haven't been there in ages! Did you decide if you're going to try CC? I did V5 today and love it!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Kim, I hope you do get warm weather for the weekend! You need to be able to be out in the sunshine! :D:D

My trip to the dentist was uneventful except that I have to have a root canal (already knew that though). This weekend I'll be cleaning and shopping and getting ready to start my last week of week 4 (Yeah!).

Jo :D:D:D

Hi everybody! Just checking in really quickly. I'm packing up my food and my clothes (not together, mind you) and ready to hit the road tomorrow. I'll check in before we leave. We're leaving early afternoon after DS finishes baseball practice. I've got more meals than I actually need, but I just want to be prepared so that I don't get tempted to nosh. I've got meals that include egg whites, grapefruit, tuna, whole wheat pitas, banana, string cheese and my protein shake mixes, OH and my green tea bags.

You guys...those paper plate moves. I agree whole-heartedly. I really think those get in there SUPER well and are a sore of the DOMS we feel. I think I'm going to put some of those moves in next week for my recovery week with NO WEIGHTS.

OK....sorry to hit and run. But I don't want to pack tomorrow, so I NEED to do it tonight. So, till tomorrow!

Gayle

Okay I'm home from work now. I wanted to reflect on a couple of things about this past week:

This was my first week of week 4. I started on Sunday and did last cardio today. With the slight increase to 70%, I was sore everywhere! My chest and shoulders (worked Sunday) were sore until Wednesday. My triceps and back are still sore today...and we don't have to ask about my legs! I know the increased weight was a factor, but I think I had the best form ever (my form is usually good but I really worked on it this week!). I did do all required reps and I did struggle with the last three on many of them. I also did do the wall squats with dumbbells all the way down on the floor instead of leaving them veritcal on their ends. So I pushed really hard this week. Lastly though I did not increase my weights on the paper plate moves, I think I kept my form the best ever this last week. Previously I know I lost my form on the last 4 or so (on the ones sliding back).

Anyway, just some reflections I thought I would share with all of you. I do still have cellulite however! :D But I sweat it doesn't look as bad as it did 7 weeks ago! :p

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.