6 Monthers, STS

cab0899

Cathlete
I'll get us started since Gayle is sleeping in;);) No workout for me yesterday as dd had a long piano class and then I came home to a house full of 12 year old boys! Big hockey night as it was a do or die night for the NHL and the AHL, our hometown team is in the finals for the AHL (against the Hershey bears) so lots of cheering going on here with street hockey happening at intermission :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chrissy Hope your feeling better! There seems to be lots of flus and colds floating around this year which is strange for this time of year.

Cendrine Those are just the cutest little cupcakes! Way too cute to eat!

Jo I have Hi-Lo Heaven and Totally Hot Cardio. I'm going to gry the totally hot cardio again tonight.

Off to work I must go! Kim

Hi guys!!!

Kim, you're right...I slept in till about 7am, took my time popping in my eyes (my contacts, lol), feeding the cat and hitting the treadmill.

Workout is DONE! iTread 13, 45 minutes. Logged over 4.25 miles in the 39 minutes of running, then added on my own core/ab work while I watched Cathe on QVC. Did you guys catch it or DVR it for later??? She looked great (nervous at first, I think, but warmed up once she got going). I hope she did well (meaning...sold a lot of vests/gloves).

OK.....today is Wednesday. Today I PROMISED myself I'd start on my house! IT's a mess! My dad was here for a few hours yesterday, as I'm having major issues with my toilet on the main floor...it won't flush right, but we've stuck a 35' electric snake down it and can't figure out why it wouldn't work. I started thinking that maybe one of the kids (accidentally?) got a water balloon down there! LOL Anyway, we got it working again but that meant I couldn't do anything else around this messy place. We also hit the farm today. And I want to make those 2 recipes STILL....Roasted Veggies and the Meatballs with Black Beans. I'll do that right after breakfast before it gets too hot for the oven to be on.

Gotta shower....kids are upstairs playing on the PC.

Gayle

Good morning everyone!

Going to do disc 20 and then to my group therapy appointment.

Do any of you girls have opinions on a post workout recovery drink. I read an article in M&F and now I am just going nuts trying to figure out wha tI should be drinking post workout.

BBL. Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

julie

Good Morning All!

Kim, thanks for getting us started! Oh, I used to LOVE Hi/Lo Heaven! I think there is move in there she calls scrambled eggs! :D I love the Hershey Bear name!

Gayle, glad you slept in until 7:00! I'm sure it was needed! And now you can get into the summer swing! :D

Julie, I always eat post workout so I can't offer any solution for you on a recovery drink.

Today was Disc 28 for me - chest and back. Boy that extra 5% is noticeable! No question though that I am stronger! I may not look any different, but I am! :D

Lots of meetings today and tomorrow so must get going! Have a great day everyone!

Jo, to answer your question from last night about DOMS and Meso 3. Yeah, I don't know what those people were talking about. lol Because I'm sore in Meso 3 just like the other Mesos! Gotta love it.

I just got done making a HUGE mess in my kitchen! :) I have the veggies roasting in the oven right now! The meatballs turned out well. I'll share the recipes in just a minute, after I take the veggies out.

I'm continuing to play with my WM. ;) I may do disc 30 tonight (sh, bis tris) and then Plyo Legs tomorrow, disc 31 Friday (M3W3 chest and back), then cardio Saturday. I'll be at the Jersey Shore for our Tri Stater gathering Saturday night, all day Sunday (when I will really REALLY try to get a run in in the early AM), Monday (will take a rest day) and will probably drive home Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. (did I need to explain all that to you? Do you really care? LOL ) SORRY to ramble.......the moral of that story is that I'm trying to fit in what I can and minimize the number of days that this rotation gets moved around. I'll take it a day at a time.

SORRY TO RAMBLE!

Gayle

Gayle, I'm totally with you on redoing and reconfiguring the WM to adjust! After missing a few days with the headache last week, I've readjusted this entire week to get back on track! We just do what we gotta do and make it work! Sounds like you'll have a great time this weekend!

Here are the recipes I just made! YUMMY on BOTH!

Sweet Chile Roasted Vegetables
2 T agave nectar
1 T water
1 T olive oil
1 T white balsamic vinegar
½ t chili powder
¼ t red chili flakes
¼ t each sea salt and black pepper
1 med head cauliflower, cut into 1” florets
24 this pieces asparagus, ends trimmed
1 C grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise

• Preheat oven to 400 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
  • In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for vegetables. Set aside.
  • Place cauliflower florets in a large bowl, add half of the marinade mixture, and toss well until evenly coated. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on 1 baking sheet.
  • Using the same bowl, place asparagus and tomatoes, and toss with remaining marinade. Arrange asparagus and tomatoes on second baking sheet.
  • Bake in the oven and roast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender and light golden brown.
  • Toss veggies together and serve.

Nutritional Info: Makes 4 servings, each serving has 120 calories, 3.5g total fat, .5g sat fat, 20g carbs, 4g fiber, 14g sugars, 4g protein, 170mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol

Original Source: Clean Eating Magazine, July/August 2009 issue

Black Bean Fajita Meatball Pitas

2 C canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 t chili powder
1 t cumin
1 t dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg white
3 t lime juice, divided
olive oil cooking spray
2 medium green peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
1 C plain low fat yogurt, drained
4 T fresh cilantro, chopped
6 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
1 whole avocado, peeled, pitted, chopped
1 tomato, diced

• Preheat oven to 425.
  • Pulse beans in a food processor or mash with a potato masher until smooth but still chunky.
  • In a large bowl, mix mashed beans, beef, chili powder, cumin, oregano, garlic, egg white and 2 tsp lime juice until thoroughly blended.
  • Roll mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 ½”. Place on foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes.
  • While meatballs are cooking, spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers and onion and sauté for 5 to 10 minutes, until crisp tender, tossing frequently.
  • In a small bowl, blend yogurt with cilantro and remaining 1 tsp lime juice, and set aside.
  • To assemble, place 2 meatballs in pocket of each pita half, top with ¼ C pepper mixture, 1 ¼tsp cilantro-yogurt sauce, 1 T avocado and 1T tomato.

Nutritional Info: makes 6 servings, each serving has 340 calories, 10g total fat, 2.5g sat fat, 40g carbs, 11g fiber, 6g sugars, 27g protein, 240mg sodium, 40mg cholesterol
Original Source: Clean Eating Magazine, July/August 2009 issue

Hi Guys,

I did a low impact cardio walk on the treadmill today and the ball stretch segment of stretch max. It's funny, when I have a meter telling me how many calories I'm supposedly burning, it makes me ramp up the pace. But I had told myself to do low impact today because I didn't want to over do it and so up went the incline....:rolleyes: Got a good sweat in and was happy with the calorie burn.... how accurate that is, who knows...

Then we went to take ds to school and drop off the cupcakes, went back home, then back to school for the play, then back home and in a few I have to go back to pick him up... I'll have walked to and back from school three times today.... The cupcakes were a hit and I'm so glad I took the time to make them. Thanks for enjoying with me how cute they turned out... Just wanted to clarify, those were not my idea, I am very good about finding indeas and copying them, but not so creative on short notice to come up with that by myself...

Julie, like Jo, I have my breakfast right after workout, but I do make it a shake consisting of one banana, a protein powder (whatever was available at the store at the time, muscle milk+ right now which has some glutamine in it as well) and a scoop of ground flaxseed for healthy fat. It works for me. I think as long as you have some kind of protein fairly soon after your workout, it won't matter if it's a drink or a meal. I know drinks are nice for fast timesaving purposes. How are the meals going for your son?

Chrissy, I hope you are feeling better, I'm so sorry you caught the bug! I sure hope my new vitamins keep me safe from all this junk!

Rachel, I agree with you fully, I'm incredibly lucky to be able to do the homeschooling journey and that my son actually enjoys it and wants to do it too!

Kim, it's fun to try new or more complicated cardio when you have the time like on recovery week. I have this one video by Patrick Goudeau called best step video or something like it. I have tried that one several times and got steaming mad for not being able to get the footwork down... Of course at the time I was teaching ds about perseverance and I couldn't let myself give up without messing up what I was trying to teach him...LOL, so I kept at it and am still not all the way there, but enough to get a good sweat...:eek: I was so overconfident after having mastered all of cathe's step workouts that I thought it would be a breeze. well, it wasn't....

Mary, you haven't poked your head in lately, unless I missed your post... Hope you are doing well, you are probably too busy with your early workdays and late workouts. Keep it up, girl, you are almost at the end of it!

Gayle, I hope you get your house in order the way you like it. I love when projects get done around the house! Dh put up shelves in the 'homeschool area' a couple of weekends ago and now things are getting so well organized and ready! My scrapbook table is right next to the homeschool area so when everyone is doing seat work I'll be able to pop out a page or two in my albums, (so I hope... ) Oh, and thanks for the recipe, I will be trying that one out soon!

Ok, enough from me for now.

Everyone have a wonderful day!

I always miss someone! Sorry Jo, I didn't mean to ignore you! Hi! I'm going to the workoutmanager right now to tweak my workouts for the July weak when I'll be gone for a few days. Don't you just love the wm?:)

ACK! Our post got pushed to the second page! :eek: :p

Just checking in real quick to say I just finished disc 30 Shoulder, Bis & Tris. Felt AWESOME and felt like my shoulders could take on more weight. Love when that happens. I'm figuring tomorrow morning I'll do KickBox and then if I feel like doubling up I'll do Plyo Legs in the PM (I don't want to do Plyo in the AM because I just did Squat Rack Legs yesterday).

BBL

Gayle

Hi everyone. I made it to the gym today. I only did 1/2 hour on the elliptical today-still trying to get over my cold. It is much better now. I have a cough though which I tend to hold on to for weeks. The cough gets so bad sometimes I end up getting sick-:(, then it subsides.

Thanks for the receipes Gayle-they look great. I can't believe summer vacation has started for you guys already. These next few weeks are going to be hectic with all the happenings at school. Field day, moving up, presentations etc, etc, etc. And everything keeps getting rescheduled because of all the rain.

Cendrine the cupcakes are sooo cute. I love to do stuff like that. I have a whole scrapbook of cakes. I have even made a penis cake (complete with pubic hair-:eek:) for my sister's 40th. Unfortunately baking triggers me to eat so I haven't done it in awhile.

Jo- so glad you are back on track and feeling better. So you liked squat rack legs. I am still out on that one. I didn't get sore from that one. Actually I was sore in my forearms. I used my heaviest weight ever on the deadlifts. But my legs were not sore at all. I felt like I had more rest than work. I do plyo legs on friday as long as I am feeling up to it. I find it is easier to lift weights sick than to do high intensity cardio. And plyo legs is definitely HIGH intensity for me!!

I am scheduled for SBT tomorrow. I really liked working the smaller muscles without being fatigued by chest or back first.

Kim- I hate learning new complicated cardio-like 4DS was hard for me. I just kept yelling at Cathe why was she not breaking down the moves!?!?-:confused: But once you get it, they are so fun to do. Good luck learning your moves.:eek:

Julie- you sound like you have so much going on. You make my head spin. I hope you are hanging in there. Hugs to you and your kids.

Hi Rachel- I'm glad your food is going well. That is great. Hope you are enjoying your recovery week. You sound very busty- haha- I mean busy. I thought that typo was funny so I left it in!! I love DM. I think that is my favorite workout and all the premixes. It is tough but so much fun.

Hi Mary hope all is well'

Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Have a great night
chrissy

Hi Cendrine! No worries, I didn't think you forgot me! :p Sounds like you had a good workout today! And you can take all the credit you want for those cupcakes...they were a piece of art and you should be proud! :D

Chrissy, the squat legs...are you kidding me? I can hardly walk today! My inner thighs and glutes are immobilizing me! :eek: I was going to do plyo legs tomorrow, but I don't even think I can ride my bike! I'll probably have to WALK on my treadmill. Actually maybe tomorrow I'll take as my rest day. I have an early meeting anyway. Glad you're feeling better by the way! I don't know if it's better or worse to have a summer cold!

Well just wanted to pop back in before I settle in for some chillaxin (love that Rachel!) for the rest of the evening!

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.