6 monthers Saturday checkin

FourAM

Cathlete
Good Morning All!
Try to plan ahead today so you can take the thinking out of eating!!!

I chose purple in honor of Jo's new glasses so I hope that worked. I figured I would have to start the thread this morning because there was no one else in there right mind up this early on a Saturday:eek:. I thought I would at least sleep till 5:30 but the mind said NOPE. So here I am. I needed to catch up with you guys anyway.

Today is my favorite day of the month...Hair day! I have a 9 am app. so that means for the rest of the day after that...I am going to look gooood:p. I am just not a hair fixer, I blow and go, so when I just love hair day. Of course that will be after I get my butt in there and do disc 24! Can't wait!

Gayle-I loved how you started yesterdays post. So motivational, with the goal speech about how we wanted to feel on Monday....and then talked about putting cinnamon rolls in the oven for the kids, that was cruel:D. My challenge times are also between 2 and 4. But only when I am at home. I think that is because I have already done everything I need to do by that time and I am just waiting to prepare dinner.

Julie-I hope you get to feeling better! I am glad Gayle motivated you to get a workout in but take it easy so you can recover and really get back in there!

Kim-Your DD being sick is so scary. Right now especially with that darn swine flu going around. I am glad the doc said it was just a virus.
I normally go to bed around 8:30 during the week and am asleep by 8:35 :D.
Your patients must love you to have put so much work into something and to given it to you as a gift. That is way better than anything they could have bought you.

Cendrine-Pullups...I am totally impressed. I have not tried a pullup in a while for fear of dissappointment:eek::D. I think you have inspired me to try now though.

Chrissy-My DH is a sabotour(spelling) also. I try to head him off at the pass though by either eating before we go anywhere that does not involve eating out or he will want to stop at a fast food place for a snack. If I know we will be in town a while I always have a healthy snack. That way if we do end up getting hungry I will stil try to get in an apple or something before we go eat so I am not tempted to make a bad decision.

Well I am off to eat and then do disc 24...Wish me luck!

Rachel

Hi, Rachel!!! Hair day for me too! LOL My mom (who has her lisence) is coming over to give me a hair cut. That always makes me happy and I'm a blow-n-go gal too, and I don't get anything fancy done like highlights, coloring, perm, just a cut and a blow! :D

Kim, I hope DD is better today. I went to bed thinking of her last night.

Well, last night's Festival was AWESOME!!! As I sat at the ticket/money table with my Secretary, chatting with all the kids and parents I've gotten to know this year (both as PTA Pres and as a school employee), I got teary-eyed. I just LOVED doing the PTA 'thing' this year......LOVED IT! The kids are awesome and they make all that hard work so worth it. Somebody asked me what I'll do with all my free time once I give up the office (which will be July 1). I'm sure I'll find something to do! LOL I am staying involved in the PTA, but next school year my kids will be in 2 different school as we're building a new school. My older DS moves up to the Intermediate School and they are forming a brand new PTO (not PTA) and will need help getting off the ground. So I will offer whatever help I can to both schools' organizations. At the same time, I've learned the importance of picking and choosing how much to get involved with. You can choose a FEW things to volunteer for and really ROCK IT OUT on those things, and that's what I plan to do!

ANYWAY.....

Today is a rest day, and I start Meso 3 tomorrow. After I post this I'm going to print off my workout cards for this week and plan some cardio on my off-STS days. I have to say how much I have ENJOYED this Recovery Week! I kept my eating completely in check (except for Memorial Day, of course) and loved all the cardio I got in.

Quick update on the x-fiance (what do I call him at this time, anyway? lol). They are now in Kuwait for a few short days before they fly back to the US. Listen to this...he says the weather in Kuwait is horrible....120 degrees with sand blowing everywhere during the day. They have to stay inside until it gets dark out, when it's 'only' 90 and the wind dies down. Sheesh! And we think WE have it hard! :D

The only other thing on our calendar today is DS' baseball game this afternoon. We'll see how we fill the rest of the day!

Here's my planned menu:
M1: banana with PB2 (Chrissy, you mix 2T PB2 w 1T water)
M2: 3 egg whites, oatmeal with 1T ground flax seed
M3: spinach salad, tuna, 1/2 ww pita, EVOO and balsamic vinegar
M4: not sure yet, but I still have 1 serving Spicy Spinach Stew
M5: grilled chicken, steamed asparagus (yum)
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Proten drink

BBL

Gayle

Disc#22 done for the second time. I have my weights just right this time and it was a challenge! DD seems to be perking up, she actually slept through the night and now is lying on the couch watching tv and talking a little! Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

Gayle I can't even imagine weather like that! Hope to see a Meso 3 review from you later!

Rachael Enjoy that hair appt! I need to make an appt for next weekend. I love having my hair fresly done but I don't enjoy sitting for so long to get it done.

Just was going to share pics of ds and I running the police half marathon as a 2 man relay. Notice the first two pics, as he is approaching the finish line, his team mate (me in the red jacket) joins hims too cross the finish line as a team. Second picture me being left in the dust which the bystanders found quite funny. That's me in the purple shirt and sunglasses running with a friend.

www.marathon-photos.com

Pick the Winnipeg Police Half Marathon on the left hand side and then bib number 2134.

OMG! KIM! Those pictures are FANTASTIC! I'm so happy you shared them with us!!! And yes, it does look funny how he just kept on going past you!

We're having a nice day here. My sis came by with the girls and I made us all lunch and we played outside. She just left, younger DS went to a movie with a friend, and I'm going to work on my workout cards for this week. I'm STOKED!

BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Best Buds! Can you believe it's the LAST weekend in May? Golly! I'm a machine today...uh huh...you heard me right. I did CCPP and 200 kb swings to get me started! I'm having a quick breakfast and then heading to the trail for a 4 mile walk. It is gorgeous here! Then I'll come back and DH and I are going to work in the yard.

Rachel! LOVE hair day! Thanks for getting us started today and I adore the purple! I have my glasses on this very minute! I can't believe how early you and Gayle get up! How was disc 24? Was this you 1st or 2nd time?

Gayle, so when will your XF be back in the US? You must be getting ancy waiting to hook up!! :D Have a fun day at the game and enjoy your rest day! I'm looking forward to starting Meso 3 with you tomorrow. I spent last evening redoing my calendar on the workout manager to accommodate the rotation changes I've made.

Kim, I'm so glad dd is better! Thanks for posting the pictures! DS looks so cute approaching the line! (Proud moments for mom too! :D) Good for you for getting out there and getting the job done! I love how your whole family is engaged in running! What a great role model you and your DH are! You're very inspiring!

Okay, we're off to the trail! Enjoy your day!

Oh yeah, I was going to add...I am really surprised at my energy levels today since I did Imax 3 yesterday...but my legs sailed through all that spinning and swings! Since I'll be working chest and back tomorrow my legs should be good again by Tuesday for leg day! :cool::eek:

I got back from the trail, fixed myself a nice healthy meal: tilapia, raw celery, broccoli, snap peas and 1/2 granny. I'm doing laundry and am going out to the deck to read for a bit. DH is working and has the Good, Bad and the Ugly (Clint Eastwood) on the tube. It's a lazy Saturday afternoon. I have a million other things I should be doing...but not today! :D I hope you're all enjoying the weekend so far. We have friends coming in a bit for a BBQ.

Well, I know I said I was going to eat clean...I went to the divorce party, plus 2 baseball games, sp[ent 4 hours ironing clothes so I was really hungry. Here is what I ate at the party. 2 bbq chick thigh and 2 drumstick, 2 servings of pulled purk, 2 servings of home pasta something salad and 2 diet pepsis, oh yeah and a brownie sunday (ate about half). A couple of the men at the party came up to me and said wow look at you you have a great appetite for such a tiny girl. That made me feel good. On the way out of the party I stoped to looked at these adjustable dumbells the host had. He came over to me and said o those are adjustable dumbells, ( iwas thinking really? no kidding?)So the host said can you lift that?a friend of his said look at her arms she can probably curl more than you can. I was so elated. Then another guy said yeah you look really strong. I think I am sounding pathetic, but at 42 with 2 kids and in the midst of a nasty divorce its nice to get some compliments from some cops and swat team mmenbers, plus some dirty looks from their girlfriends!!

Hi Guys,

I was super busy all day... so that's why I haven't checked in yet.

I actually, quite without planning to, got into cleaning the dinner table, which is supposed to be my scrapbooking table but got covered with lots of other stuff over time... And I ended up doing several pages worth of scrapbooking before dinner. That felt so good! I'm glad everything's nice and organized again and ready to go any time!

Julie, sounds like you got some much needed and much deserved compliments! That is so fun! I'm glad you got to talk weights and workouts with some of the guys. It is so fun when you can talk with people who know what you're doing! How was the party other than that? I hope you had a good time! My eating wasn't good today either... won't go into it, I feel too embarrassed, but oh well, what's done is done.

My back is sore from disk 24! It's fun, but I didn't expect that much soreness because last week was not sore at all.

Sorry, Gayle that you have to wait for exfiancée some more... What is his name, anyway?

Jo, give me some of your energy!!!!! Wow, I am impressed with all you did!

Rachel, I hope your hair looked gorgeous!

Kim, I'm glad dd is feeling better! Enjoy the weekend, hope your garden isn't going to get frozen!!

ATTA GIRL Julie! Way to go! Like Cendrine said, sounds like you had fun and some well deserved compliments! Keep at that STS! :eek: It's paying off!

Cendrine, I know...I don't know what happened with my energy but I think it all had to do with recovery week! I can do cardio until the cows come home! We were going to have worked in the yard but then DH had to do some work so didn't. I know I'll sleep good tonight though! Sorry about your back! Do you think your form was off on Disc 24? I know you know to be careful but BE CAREFUL!

Here was my food today. I know I have been forgetting to post menus but you all know I've been a good girl! :p

M1 - protein shake w/banana
M2 - 2 poached eggs, 1/3 c oatmeal w/blueberries, 6 raw almonds
M3 - tilapia, celery, broccoli, snap peas & 1/2 granny
M4 - 1 c beans, raw carrots, 1/2 cucumber
M5 - smoked salmon (thanks to DH) salad with tons of greens!

I'm ready to call it a day! I have my workout card printed for tomorrow and I'm psyched to start Meso 3 with Gayle!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.