6 MONTHERS, Saturday

cab0899

Cathlete
Good morning all! I'm just getting ready to go running with my friend, the plan is to do 5 miles. My butt is a little sore from Disc 14! The weather has warmed up and it's +2 out so should be a nice run.

busy day for me today, run, groceries, take kiddos to swimming lessons and then ds's birthparty this afternoon!!

Will check in this evening and see how everyone has done! Kim

kim- +2 is warmed up!?!?! ugh. That sounds bitter cold to me. Where do you live that it is that cold? oh I think I remember you are from Canada. Right? Have fun at Ds birthday party. Have a good run. I wouldn't dare run in that cold. Bring me the sun and its warmth!!!

I am getting ready to do legs. Just finishing up my coffee. My kids have baseball pictures today, and oldest son has practice at 1:00. Then we are off to my parents house to color eggs and have dinner. I also need to fit in making cookies for my SIL house. I make a PB cup cookie and put fudge in it. My in-laws love them. So they requested that is the dessert I bring. I must be focused when making them. I have a habit of telling myself I need to taste each batch that comes out to make sure they're done. I am not going to do it this time. I am determined:)!

I will BBL after my workout.
Everyone have a great morning.
chrissy

Hey guys!

Kim, enjoy your COLD run. I'm sorry to admit it, but I'm a fair-weathered runner and CHOOSE to run in dry warmer weather only! :)

Chrissy, have DH or somebody ELSE taste test the cookies. Have a great day with the family!

EASTER CHALLENGE!!!

Remember!

OK...I was up at 3:15 to go potty, as normal. Then I couldn't get back to sleep. My brain kicked into Over Drive big time. I've got a lot on my mind with my BF and where we're headed. I couldn't stop thinking about it. It's a long LONG story, but the short version is that this relationship feels more like FRIENDS than a COUPLE, if that makes sense. It's not going anywhere, and I'm not feeling IT for him (although at one point I thought I was feeling IT). I've decided that I want to tell him I want the chance to see other people. To top that, my ex-Fiance (who is in Baghdad for the Army right now) has been emailing me and we've been chatting a bit. So my mind is twisting and turning.

SO.......I ended up dozing back to sleep around 6 am and was up again at 7. So I picked up my book and read for 90 minutes or so, till the phone rang. Ah......it may be a long day and I may fall over in my salad at dinner time! LOL

REST DAY TODAY, baby! I've got DOMS in my core from Core Max yesterday and I LOVE IT! Tomorrow starts M2W2 and I printed the cards off yesterday. Today I will need to check those cards and make adjustments to round up/down based on the micro-loading. Today, one DS has a scrimmage and the other practice, but thankfully (and incredibly) both are at the same time at the same park! IMAGINE THAT! Then my DMIL (who we rarely EVER see) wants to take the boys to their cousin's BDay party for an hour or so. WE'll see how that goes!

Have an awesome day!

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday!

Today is rest day for me then week 2 of week 1 of Meso 2 tomorrow! Yippee! I'm off to do some cleaning then shopping. No egg coloring here, but will be getting ready for guests tomorrow for dinner.

Gayle, oh boy, the love of relationships! It is a mine twisting challenge isn't it? You got the challenge of what you're going to do with one, and the mind twittering of another! :)

Chrissy, sounds like you have a very busy day with the kids! Keep to the challenge! DON'T TASTE! You can do it!

Kim, that is very cold, I hope you are bundled up good! Sounds like your legs aren't too bad today - mine kicked in more the second day.

Okay, have a great and busy day everyone! Hello and Happy Day to everyone that follows!

Jo
icon14.gif
:D

Hey guys!

I have gotten out of the habit of posting my menu, and I'd like to get back into doing that. I don't think I've been eating ENOUGH the last few days! Go figure! LOL I'm not hungry, though, but I know I'm not getting the 6 usual meals lately. There's no planned meals today yet, so I'll post as I eat during the day:

M1: 3 egg whites, 1 C cantelope
M2: can tuna, 2 T lite Miracle Whip, 1/2 w/w pita, steamed broccoli (eating that now)

On the relationship front. Before you all are wondering...I'll fill you in quickly. While DH was sick, I was working FT and there was a gentleman there who I got to talking to, AS FRIENDS! His mom was fighting the exact disease (leukemia) as DH, so we had a lot of stuff to talk about. During the biggest/hardest part of DH's illness, my friend was in Cuba for the Army (he's reverses) and then DH passed away, 4 months later my friend's mom did as well. There's a huge bond, of course, we started dating and a year later got engaged. He's an awesome guy, the only reason we broke off the engagement was because I didn't want to move from my house and neighborhood, and neither did he. Se we broke it off and 6 months later he got called to Baghdad. I haven't talked to him, but maybe 5 times since we broke up, until the sporadic emails about 4 months ago. I just wanted to explain so you all don't think I'm just jumping around from relationship to relationship! LOL

(and thanks for listening to me chatter on and on about this)

Gayle

Okay- Legs are done!! I loved this workout. It was tough but went really fast. I like doing only 10 reps. I needed to up my weights on a few exercises (yippee) It is funny on upper body I always need to lower my weights as the workout progresses, with lower body I always feel like I can do more. Those calves were a killer at the end. And this was a definite Butt intense workout. Awesome!! Let the DOBS begin:D.

Good Idea about letting the family test the cookies. This is going to be tough- peanut butter is a hard one for me. But here I go ....wish me luck. I will report my success later-;)

chrissy

Didn't have a very good run, as it was melting a lot yesterday and then froze over night and the sidewalks were so icy! I fell once and almost fell a couple of other times, so ended up walking some of the way. We ended up doing 4.7 miles according to my Garmin but some of that was walking, had a nice chat with my friend though. Remember we are in Celsius so that +2 Celsius so just above freezing!

Gayle I remember from another check in when you were breaking off the engagement but didn't realize how you had meet. I thinking dating at this stage of life with kids and stuff is so much more complicated then when we were young. Also the older we get people have been through so much more like losses, divorces and that also makes everything more complicated. Enjoy that rest day!

Chrissy WTG on the legs workout! It's a fun one! Good luck with avoiding those cookies, we know you can do it!!! Yes, I'm in Canada, about 2 hrs north of the USA/Canada border, right north of North Dakota. This is fairly average weather for us right now, it's going to +9 this afternoon, so will melt and then refreeze each night. If it's get warm too fast, we flood so a slow spring is good!

Jo Enjoy that rest day!

Got to get the kids to their swim lessons and get ready for the birthday party! Kim

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL YOU 6 MONTHERS!!!!!!

It's been a wonderful, productive morning so far....

I got up early and did a few loads of laundry, cooked up dinner for tonight and took Toby for a 4 mile walk. I am now eating lunch (tilapia, green beens, and blackberries). I am very pleased with what I ate this week, with no signs of stopping). The Easter Challenge is going to be a piece of cake (but not literally!!!!). Let it be known that I have always had a major cheat every weekend, and went through the same crappy feeling afterwards. Not going to happen this weekend because of you guys. I really feel stoked. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! For years I have worked my A-- off with exercise, only to be defeated by poor food choices. I think I have turned a major corner and am seeing so many changes in my body. It's contagious, and I want more & more!!!! I spoke with my SIL yesterday, and she is having a fairly healthy Easter meal, but she told me that MIL is bringing a chocolate cake to celebrate my DS'S B'day. It's a good thing MIL is not a very good cook :eek::eek:, so the cake shouldn't really appeal to me.

Gayle-You are such a kind person, so I'm sure your struggle between current BF, ex-fiance or just openning the door for new options has got to be very difficult. My advise is to follow your heart, it will lead you down the right path (OK, that sounded really corny, but it's true!!!). These conflicts can sometimes wear on your health, so keep your body and mind strong (OK, that sounded kind of corny too, sorry!!! :p:p). I have no doubt that you will make the right decision for you and your boys.

Kim-All I can say is a "CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN". I'm sorry to say that I would have had to put the "Easter Challenge" on the back burner if there was a fountain anywhere near me that was ooooozing non-stop chocolate (Sorry, I got a little carried away :eek:). I'm taking DS to the store today to pick up some running shoes for the two of us. My shoes have started to break down, and that's when I start having knee problems, and it's an early B'Day present for DS. Enjoy your warming spell and the B'Day party.

Chrissy-DON'T TASTE THE COOKIES....LET ME REPEAT MYSELF, DON'T TASTE THE COOKIES. We are in this Easter Challenge together, and we only have 2 more days to get through the difficult part. Enjoy your family this Easter, and hopefully you're not picking peanut butter out of your teeth while reading this :eek:.

JO-Let me get this straight, it's your rest day but you are cleaning, shopping and getting ready for company??? It doesn't sound like you are getting much rest in there. Please don't tell me that you find cleaning relaxing???? Enjoy the day, and take a few minutes to actually rest....

My workout plans are to do the CCV5 when I get home from shoe shopping. I did Low Max last night instead of BM2. I did take someone's suggestion and held an 8# medicine ball while doing the challenges (YIKES, AND DOUBLE YIKES). That really upped the intensity and made for a very challenging workout.

Well lunch is finished, and it's time for me to start round 2. Enjoy your afternoon, and I'll CBL!!!!

Hi to everybody else checking in....

Mary

just a quick update- I made the cookies and put them away. NOT A NIBBLE!!:D I had my 2 sons test them out. They were happy with that.

Next challenge: To put the fudge in them later. I CAN DO THIS!!!

It is off to my mom's now.
BBL chrissy

A very busy day today. Went to sleep at 2 am and had to getup at 4am to travel to tax client a few hours away. I spent the morning working then traveled back home. STBX decided to color eggs with kids, I guess hes figured I haven't done this ever in ten years with kids so nows the time. It makes me crazy since he served me divorce papers on the first week of school at the school bus stop he has really stepped it up. He has been to more dr appointments since sept than he has in the last ten years. It is really hard to stay focused on STS with all this going on. But I am trying. I read the posts everyone writes it is hard to write back because I have to do it when STBX is not here. Yes he is here and refuses to leave. It is all very complicated and there is a lot more to the saga...but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am trying very hard to stay connected to you all even if it does not seem like it.

Got to run. Thanks for listening. btw I got lifting hooks today.

julie

Just coming to say 2 things:

1-Mary, corny or not, those words have always led me in the right direction.
2-Chrissy, if it makes you feel ANY better, just know that I made a batch of homemade peanut butter bars yesterday (with fudge on top) and haven't had a single one yet...not even a nibble or taste!

Kids are headed to the BDay party in 30 minutes. BBL

Gayle

Coming back to log my meals:

M3: gala apple and 2 lite string cheese (while I FROZE at baseball)
M4: homemade "Yo Cheese" with 3/4 C Kachi Go Lean cereal
PLANNED M5: BSN Lean Dessert Protein shake

Gayle

p.s. house is quiet without the kids here. Don't know how to act!

Hi Guys!

Gayle, I looooove Go lean Kashi! And so does the whole house!
Sorry to hear about all the thinking and decision making you are having to do. May you see the direction you should take soon so that you can move on.

Mary, I am so proud of you for working the easter challenge so well! I love it when I turn a corner and it sure sounds like you turned one! Way to go!

Chrissy, awesome job staying away from testing! You know, peanut butter is not an enemy in itself, so why not allow yourself some carrots or celery with peanutbutter for a snack today?

Julie, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having to deal with. Sounds like somethig that would drive me nuts! Go right ahead and vent when you can and know we're thinking of you when you can't due to certain people's presence....

Kim, I grew up with the celsius scale in europe, so +2 , I know what that feels like and it's still cold! :eek: Way to go getting so many miles in!

We went to Mother's Market today to check out a few things and ended up eating there. I had a small house salad topped with Tuna, so I know I stayed within calorie and clean budget! Somehow I always expect the whole food kind of stores to be healthy like I define healthy, but you can find so many sweet things there it's not funny....
Kids had a coconut smoothie with nonfat frozen yoghurt. I love coconut, but didn't test it.

Going on a walk with the fam in a little bit.

Very busy day today, grocery shopping...forgot stuff, back to grocery store, trip to Costco, trip to Fred Meyers...and so on! It is almost 11 pm here and this the first time I've been able to get back to my computer!

Julie, I hope you are okay. I feel for you and the challenge and frustration and exasperation of your situation. Get those workouts in when you can as I know they'll help you deal with your stress...but don't STRESS if you can't get them done. I wanted to get hooks today but I spent too much time at the grocery store!

Chrissy - YOU GO GIRL! I'm very proud of you for sticking with the challenge! YOU CAN DO IT!

Mary, NO I hate cleaning but it had to be done - and between that and all the shopping I am WORN OUT! No rest! Tomorrow is Disc 13 again. I just printed out my workout card and feel exhausted looking at it! Did you get you CCV5 in? I've done Low Max with my 4 lb med ball but you're an animal if you did it with 8! Oh my!

Kim, how are your legs? 4.7 miles is great! I commend you for being out in that temperature...of course I know if you're dressed right it's doable! Sounds like we had similar plans today with cleaning and shopping! Oh Boy!

Cendrine, good for you for eating so good! You're really sticking to it! Did you get your family walk in?

Gayle, it's always interesting how people are brought into our lives! Kudos for you for sticking with the program as well! You are all pillars of inspiration! I have to add that I, too, have not been bad! The biggest challenge I have is having to eat ham tomorrow (but it will be a small piece!) It really makes me retain water.

Off to bed!

Jo

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.