6 Monthers check in......Friday 2/27/09

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! I took the liberty of starting this for those that have been asking for a 6 month check in.

Yesterday was disc 9 Legs (technically, it was week 3 of STS), and I'll be repeating those discs (7,8,9) next week, starting Sunday. I have my weight workouts set for Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, with cardio on Mon, Wed, Fri and REST on Saturday. I've been going to the gym mid-day just to add a bit of extra cardio in a few times a week....I've been doing an iClimb workout on the ellip just to change things up a bit and burn a few extra calories.

I started STS with week 1 and moved right to week 2, but then really felt that I would benefit much more from repeating the weeks, and WOW have I LOVED doing that! The second time thru has been awesome and has allowed me to tweak the numbers and weights just a bit better.

I'm quite SORE from disc 9 yesterday...what seemed like a quick workout on paper (workout card) surely hit the glutes and hammies HARD!!!!!

ANYWAY.......can't wait to see all who joins and posts here! WELCOME to anybody and everybody!

Gayle

Gayle,

Thanks for getting this going!

I started sts last week although I skipped disc 3. Today I am going to do disc 3.

Here is my plan:

Mon Wed & Fri STS
Tues & thurs & Sat Cardio
Sunday 10 mins of squats

I would like to incorporate the extended stretch. Has anyone done it yet? Is it different for every disc or is it the same stretch?

My goals are to get stronger, leaner and very firm!

I am dreading today's workout. I am glad we have this site other wise I know I would just blow it off!!

julie

I would like to join!:D I just finished week 3 (Discs 4, 5 & 6) for the 1st time. I'm loving this program! I'm doing Cathe's recommended cardio for 3 cardio workouts and running/other stuff for the other 3.

Julie I've only done the extended stretch once but I think it's all the same one.

Gayle Thanks for starting the check in:p I'm sure you'll keep me motivated to stay on track.

Kim

Kim, like you, I'm doing the Cathe CArdio for the first week of the sets of discs, and the second week (the repeat week), I'm playing around and having fun. But I have to be careful with impact right now, as I have Plantar Fasciitis that's been giving me fits with the extra weight I gained!!! :eek:

Julie-the extended stretch is the SAME on all the discs. I've only done it a few times.

Sorry to hit and run....gotta scoot out the door!

Gayle

Galye, Thanks, again.

Kim, Welcome.

I just finished sts disc 3 and it kicked my a**!!!

I gave it my all. I could not use any weight except for squats. The other stuff I was literally falling over!! I am looking foward to 6 months from now when I can redo this disc and kick its a**!!

Hi Everyone!

thanks for starting the thread, this will be fun to do together!

I just finished the legs disk 6. I'm loving these workouts, and boy did that bonus legs segment fry me! :)

I love doing the same workout twice too, I know by then about my weights better, because even though I did 1 RM testing, I still need to adjust.

I will be repeating week 2 again next week. I have cardio lined up for tomorrow to finish out my week.

And yes, the extended stretch is the same on all, as far as I can tell, because I went and checked a few. The extended stretch is nice, but I don't always have time for it. When I'm in a crunch I only stretch the muscle groups I worked.

I have to go buy some weighted gloves this weekend so I can fine tune the upping of % every other week.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Hi Everybody!

Even though I am a new poster, I have been scouring these forums daily for the past several years. I started the 6 month rotation with 2 friends this week, and we just finished up disc 3 (Legs) this morning, and can't wait to repeat it next week. We loved the first 3 tapes, and are looking forward to doing them a 2nd time (not necessarily the pushups though). My friends and I work out at our local gym in the aerobics room that is equipped with all of our weights, bands, balls, 2 tv's and many mirrors. We have been working out with Cathe's tapes (I have most of them) 5 days a week at 5:00 a.m. for years. I have been a Cathe fan for over 10 years, and have become quite annoying (to non-exercisers) in my pursuit of getting stronger and healthier. I'm turning 50 this year and STS will be a great incentive to mark this milestone. Let me mention that my 2 friends are both in their 60's and they completely ROCK!!! Much stronger than women half their age. They are so excited about taking this adventure with me (and YOU)!! Thanks for starting this post and I can't wait to hear how things are progressing with those who are further along in the series!!

Mary

Hi everyone,

Great idea, Gayle:p I did W2 disc 3 this morning! For cardio, I do whatevery I feel like doing that day:p

Have a great day and workout!

Hi everybody! I'm on my third week of the six month rotation and completed Disc 6 for the first time today. Yowza! My legs feel really shaky right about now.

I'm actually going to be doing the first two mesocycles in 7 weeks instead of 8 because of vacation/work schedules. My plan was to do the weights on Mon/Wed/Fri and then cardio on Sun/Tues/Thurs. But I'm going to have to go off plan for a couple of weeks of each rotation to get the extra three STS workouts in over the course of 7 weeks.

As far as cardio, I looked at Cathe's recommendations for the three month rotation and have adopted many of those into my rotation. But I like to do something with my lower body at least twice a week, so on one day of the week (right now on Tuesday) I'm adding some lower body conditioning or strength training to the aerobics. That just seems to work better for me. In addition, for the second week I use the STS discs, I'm just adding cardio that I think will be fun and challenging. I'm kind of used to doing cardio more than three days a week, so I'm finding right now that when the cardio days come up, I really want to work! Of course, I say that and then something like MIC totally kicks my butt--which is what happened yesterday!

I'm really enjoying these workouts so far and actually look forward to working out more than usual each day. I'm also seeing some results. My husband was gone for the first two weeks I was on this program, and he noticed a real change in my appearance when he got home. And in a good way! :) That made me feel really great.

Hi girls,

I am finally done with my workout! I did Drill Max premix #3 (scrambled cardio blast) Plus Ab Circuits “Weight /Plates Abs” ..65 min.:p

Gayle, you need to start a new thread:p:D:p

Great workout ladies:eek: Enjoy your weekend!

Just finished Disc 4 for the second time. Good workout! This is my favourite workout of the series so far. Will try to do abs later.

6 Monthers check for Sunday, March 1

Good morning ladies,

Gayle where are you?????????????????????? We missed you yesterday!

Check in!

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.