6 Monther Sunday checkin!!!

FourAM

Cathlete
Oh my goodness,here it is 8:30 and we don't even exist yet on the forum board!:p

Gayle must be having a good ole time somewhere!

Well I hope all is well with everyone. It is going to be another hot Sunday here. I think it will be a good day to do some grilled stuffed food!:D I love a good meal can you tell. It's 8:30AM and I am thinking about dinner! Oh well what can I say.

The pool party was great fun. I had not been swimming in so long that I am actually sore! I did not even really exert myself. Imagine that! Here I am this big hardcore STS'er and a little mild swimming has me feeling like I worked my whole body!
There was one really disturbing bit of news that I got though that has thrown me for a loop! It is kind of a long one so I will shorten best I can. When DH and I first started working out, we had no clue where to begin, so we hired a trainer at the gym we attended. He wanted someone ( a guy of course) that looked like he wanted to look. There was only one that fit that bill. This guy was not huge but he was definitely in great muscular shape. He did not look all steroidal, you know. we started going 4 times a week and I learned so much. He is a good trainer. We met his family. We found out he competed in natural body building comps. He was one of those guys that got to the gym at 4 and worked out till 6.Although he gave great advice to us...i.e. don't workout on and injury, you know that sort of thing. He of course did not follow those same rules. He is 53 now and I found out yesterday from my friends sis that is a nurse that he will probably have to go on dialysis! This is so shocking to me. The doc says it is due to all the damage he has done to his body by over using things like hydroxycut and PROTEIN POWDER and creatine. No telling what other things are on this list of so called Natural body building tools! I love him to death but he is a prime example of how easy it could be to go over board! I am just in total shock by this. He is so young for something like this to happen and esp. to someone that looks like a good example of health. Also his diet was always so restrictive. You know a typical bosy builders diet, tuna, cottage cheese, occasional sweet potatoe. He was very strict the whole time we were with him and then even after because we continued to socialize. So now it seems like his whole life that he, in his mind, was being very healthy has back fired on him.:( It was just very sad to me and I wanted to tell my workout buddies about it.

Thanks for listening to my ramble.

BBL

Rachel

Good Morning Rachel!

Wow, that is a sad story indeed! What is worse is it makes you realize that that is just as serious as a drug addict or alcoholic! That is just heartbreaking!

Glad you had a good time at the party and had a little workout! :cool: It's amazing how differently you use your muscles swimming. I haven't swam in a long time but just know I'm wiped whenever I do! Great cross-training! :D

I'm sitting here having a cup of coffee and then I'm off to do Dics 31 (C&B). It's overcast right now but supposed to be about 75 today. BBL!

Good day everyone who follows! :p

WOW! Disc 31 was killer! 90% my friends! But it was a GREAT workout for me today! I was ON and able to do all reps with my target weight! If this doesn't make my chest stronger (for the pushups!) nothing will! :eek: So, yes, I lifted heavier than I ever have and felt every rep! I really loved the chest work today, but even for back, I loved the muscle stretch!

I topped it off with Abs Circuit no equipment needed. I am surprised at what I was able to do today! (Glad I didn't have that drink last night I had been considering! :p)

I cleaned house yesterday so I'm thinking the mall is calling me today! DH is out cutting the grass.

Okay, off to the shower!

We are a skeleton group today! I was just checking to see if anyone was checking in!

I was thinking today I can't believe I've begun the 3rd week of Meso 3. It's almost over. I may still come back and do Meso 3 again after I come back from vacation.

Hope you're all enjoying the day! HEELLLOOO Chrissy and Gayle weekend funners! :eek:

Just got back from the cottage. Beautiful weather, we spent the whole weekend outside walking, lying on the beach, boating and bonfires. We didn't really swim much as the water is too cold as we had such a cold spring. I did get a little run in today. Super tired from all the fresh air so heading to bed with a good book. Will catch up with personals tomorrow.

Oh, we watched the movie "New in Town" last night (Renee Zwelliger and Harry COnnick, Jr.) We had wanted to see it as it was filmed in our city. There is an interview with the actors at the end of the movie which is just hilarious as some of the actors like Harry Connick, Jr had never been to a cold climate before. I think there was a litte exaggeration going on as they were talking about how it was -56 when they were filming:rolleyes::rolleyes: The interviews were way funnier than the movie, all 8 people at the cottage were just laughing like crazy. The factory in the movie is at DH's old workplace so it was neat to see.

Hi Guys,

late check in for me, sorry...

Rachel, I'm glad the pool party was fun! Thanks for sharing the news about your trainer. It is sad but it is also a good reminder for me to just be well balanced in anything I do. Everything in excess seems to come back and bite at one time or another, doesn't it?

Jo, WTG on lifting 90%! You must feel so strong! I'm starting meso 3 week 1 tomorrow morning! Woohooo! I'm going to set up right after this post.

Kim, your time at the lake sounds wonderful! I love watching movies where I know the back ground and setting! So fun!

Gayle and Chrissy, I'm sure you are having a wonderful time!

Mary, how are things with you?

Julie, I hope all is well with you too!

So my goal for this last meso is to be super focused for the month, since it is only one month for me not and not two. I'm going to need a little help though... Anyone in for the next five weeks (includes my recovery week after meso 3) for clean eating and super focus? I was thinking of one splurge with my family on the weekend and other than that, super clean to get the most out of this last meso... Anyone with me?

I'll check in after my workout tomorrow.

Last post for the night!

Kim, what a fun weekend you had! It sounds like you had it all! A run, bonfires, walking and a great movie! Good for you! So, you started Meso 3 the other day right? How was it? Did you have DOMS after C&B?

Cendrine, I can't wait for you to report in on your experience with #25! And I'll clean eat with you until we leave for vacation on the 2nd. (Actually, I've haven't stopped!) We've been having some great salads with all the wonderful fruits and vegetables available right now. Tonight we had a salad that had: romaine, green onion, mushrooms, 1 oz walnut, 1/2 clementine, 3 big strawberries, cucumber, a couple oz kidney beans, 5 grape tomatos, 6 purple grapes and topped with 3.5 oz smoked salmon (courtesy of DH). Then we use the fresh pico de gallo from Costco for a dressing (rather than dressing).

I forgot to tell you DH has been experimenting with tofu (go figure). He's been trying all sorts of marinades and fixing it. It has to be extra firm for me to eat it but I'm doing it! I prefer cod with the raspberry chipolte!

Off to pack my food for tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.