6 month STSers, monday

Hi, Chrissy.

Good morning, everybody!!!! I THINK things have returned to normal around my house, for 2 weeks at least! I am sorry I haven't checked in as much as usual, and I haven't done personal replies....but I think you guys understand! ;)

Mary, how is DH feeling today? Sorry to hear about his marathon experience, and I hope he's okay today.

Chrissy, I meant to tell you that after my Relay for Life experience this weekend, the Avon walk is definitely doable for you. Seriously, I walked 30 miles in about 9 hours without ANY kind of official training...just STS! ;) DEFINITELY, you can do it!!!

I started the week off this AM with an iTread workout (almost 6 miles on the TM) and Tough Core premix from Core Max. Have any of you ever done that premix? It IS a TOUGH core workout!

OK....I need to get my hair dried so I can get the kiddos to the Rec Program. The sun is shining! WOO HOO! We have our first baseball play off game tonight, so keep your fingers crossed the scattered showers stay away and that our boys bring their best game tonight!

BBL! PROMISE!

Gayle

I'm back from taking the kids and running a few QUICK errands. And I just realized that our FIRST DAY OF SUMMER challenge date came and went. Since I was sort of MIA this weekend, was it mentioned at all? And how did everybody do, overall? Overall, I'm disappointed in myself for that challenge. Too much of allowing little treats here and there and not reigning it in soon enough.

I'm here to say that WE CAN DO THIS! We are all getting close to the end of this long STS rotation. We're SO CLOSE!!! Can you taste it (as Cathe says in STS)? Can you??? What do you want to do with these last few weeks? We've come this far and I'm so PROUD OF US!!! ALL OF US!

The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.
Denis Watley

I sat down last night and played with the WM for this week. My week's schedule looks like this:
Mon: run and core
Tues: Squat Rack Legs (forget the disc #) and a short run (like 2-3 miles)
Wed: Amy Bento's Kick Box Surge (brand new..got it just before the beach) with the core section
Th: Disc 36 Shoulder, Bis, Tris (LAST STS DISC)
Fri: Disc 35 Plyo Legs and core

I'm also going to start posting my menu again, when I can to help stay accountable. Here's today:
M1: Banana and PB2
M2: Yo-cheese and 3/4 C Kashi Go Lean
M3: Homemade Veggie Soup
M4: Tuna on Salad Greens
M5: Grilled tilapia, steamed snap peas, small baked sweet potato
M6: BSN Lean Dessert Protein

Gayle

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Here it is again - MONDAY! It's overcast and about 56 degrees. I did Rhythmic Step today - it's been a while since I did that and really enjoyed the steady state cardio (seems everything has been some sort of intervals or HIIT of late).

Gayle our workouts are very similiar this week; my workouts:

T - Squat legs Disc 40
W - Cardio Coach V7 on the spin bike
T - Disc 36 SBT
F - Disc 35 Plyo

I did fine on the challenge as I'm planning to splurge next weekend when we're on vacation (no plans to be good with two family reunions!). DH family are all great cooks!

Gayle, good luck on the playoff game tonight!

Off to the shower! Have a great day everyone! :D:p:cool:

Wow! It's quiet here today! First day of summer and you must all be out having fun! I'm freezing my butt off! It's 57 outside and I have on a sweater and leather jacket!

Hope everyone is having a good day! I have cardio glow so inspite of the chilly day, I'm happy! :p

In case anyone is interested...my chest and lats are mighty sore from Disc 34 yesterday! I really gave it my all since it was the last Chest & Back workout! How about you Gayle?

Hi Guys,

It's been a busy day today for me and it's only lunch break!

I started off with disk 28 chest and back at 85%! I did very well but should feel it in the chest, I'm thinking. I did lots of stretching during the breaks today, I only plan on doing abs in the squat rack legs disk.

So then I got the laundry folded and showered, did some chores and some things with my son to prep him for our homeschool curriculum. Then we packed a snack and drove off to Disneyland for a couple of hours. The lines were not bad at all except for the last one in California Adventure. While standing in line I also discovered that dd was not just tired from interrupted sleep last night, she was runnig a temp! Yikes! So home we went and now the kids are napping while I ate my salad (I'm being good today!) and catching up with you guys. I'm going to walk on the treadmill after the food settles a bit and until the kids wake up. THen we are going to make a berry bread pudding (a clean one). I have saved lots of recipes and projects from kids magazines over the years and let ds choose some for each week of summer break so we can do something fun and not get bored with just having time on our hands. Well today's choice was bread pudding... I've got my afternoon cut out for me, that's for sure.

Gayle, this challenge was not something I completed successfully either... However, I'm moving on and I have set a challenge for myself through the end of July. There is a birthday and a three day family trip and a baby shower in there, but my mind is made up. The challenge will take me 2 weeks post sts including recovery week. I will probably measure in after recovery week just for statistics sake from beginning sts to end of sts... But I'm continuing on with the challenge through the end of July. My challenge includes mainly watching the calories and the quality of them as well as some extra low impact cardio in addition to STS. Now that I am on summer break, I feel like I can devote some extra time.

Jo, you have been impressing me tremendously with how on track and good you have been with your eating. Thanks again for your encouragement! You have certainly deserved your week of splurging with being so good non stop! Make sure you post your results when you do your measuring!

Oh, and Gayle, you mean Kim's hubby, right? He was the one who did the marathon only to end up in bed....:( I hope he is feeling better by now, Kim!

Rachel, Mary, Julie, Tracey, Chrissy, I hope you are all doing well today!

hi everyone. I started us this morning and never got a chance to actually post anything.

I got up early and did squat rack legs. I slowed down my reps and was able to go lower. I really felt it in my core. I ate breakfast and got the kids to school. Then I walked for 8 miles. It took me 2+ hours. My feet were really bothering me. I got new sneakers and my heals were really aching. I got extra inserts for my other sneakers so I think I need to put them in my new shoes. I better get used to it...8 miles is far from the 26 I need walk!! So I am really achy right now in the legs and glutes. I think I actually maybe sore from squat rack-yipee:eek::eek:

This is my schedule:
Monday-squat rack/ long walk
Tues-Chest and Back
Wednesday- Insanity-just got the sampler, heard its awesome
Thursday-SBT
Friday-plyo legs
Sat-camping activities
Sun- camping activities.

Cendrine- I hope your daughter feels better. I am jealous you can just pick up and drive to disney.
Great job on your workout. Like you, I didn't do to well with this challenge. In fact I conviently forgot about it:eek:.

Kim- how is your dh doing? That really stinks after putting in all that training.

Jo-is it actually summer?!??! You wouldn't know it by the weather. Cold and rainy. This weekend so far looks like it might be a good one. I am keeping my fingers crossed since we are going camping. I can't believe you and gayle are finishing meso 3. We have been doing this for 5 months already!!

Hi Mary, Rachel and Julie.
chrissy

Hey all
I am going to have to be in and out.
I did not get a great sleep last night. Someone called DH cell at 1 in the morning and it did not say who it was. Hate that! After that I went to sleep on my back and had weird dreams all night! Oh well I will catch up tonight!

Today was plyo 29 ( I think ) second week of plyo anyway. To me it did not seem as hard as the first week but I am already getting sore. I think I just knew a little more of what to expect. Tomorrow is chest and back, of course one of my Faves.

Gayle-I was wondering how Amy Bento Kickboxing was. How does it compare to Cathe?

Jo-Right now I think I would trade with you..It was a miserable 100 degrees today. So hot you barely want to breath when you are outside. I can not imagine it being 56 at the end of June.

Cendrine-You will have to tell how that bread pudding turned out. What kind of bread do you use?

Chrissy I hope you have doms for days:p People would probably think we are sadistic the way we get sad if we are not sore!

OK guts I have to go prepare for bed. I hope I can check in tomorrow.
Rachel

Just finished MIC :D What a crazy workout!
Thanks for all your kind comments on DH. He was fine by yesterday evening but had trouble sleeping last night. He's a little stiff but not complaining at all. Definitely disappointed in his time but I'm proud of him for finishing because of the heat, many people dropped out and they close dthe course a little early. The temp went up to 31C with high humidity, I'm sure not nearly as hot as Texas:):) but since we has snow till recently people were NOT use to the heat. The people that seem to do the best were the ones that came from the US, Kenya and hot places.

Cendrine What a busy day for you! Is dd okay?? It always seems so weird to hear of you talk about going to Disney for a few hours. We go to Disneyworld in FLorida every year or two and I plan the trip for a year, we fly down and stay for a week. It's such a huge event in our lives and it seems strange to think that other people just pop in for a couple of hours.

Kim

Hi guys!

Kim, I'm glad to hear DH is feeling better today. And a bad time is a good experience, right? LOL We need bad times so we can set PRs every now and then! ;)

Jo, YES on the DOMS! My chest and lats, BOY, are they sore! Looking forward to Legs tomorrow.

Cendrine, your day sounds busy and fun all at the same time. I love doing fun stuff with the kids during Summer break. Our current 'thing' is the neighborhood birds! LOL We painted 2 wooden bird feeders and 2 wooden bird houses, then hung them throughout the yard. We have a lot of birds feeding on them, including a family of cardinals and blue jays. One of our NEW bird houses already has a bird family in there....nest and all! This week sometime, we're going shopping for 2 bird baths to add to our little bird retreat! LOL I may have to share some photos with you. Sorry to ramble......but we also like to make Oobleck, the green gooey stuff from the Dr Seuss book called Bartholomew and the Oobleck (ever read it?). That, and younger DS likes to take sugar cubes and canned prepared icing.....we use the icing as glue and build sugar cube creations.

Rachel, I'll let you know later this week how the Bento KB is...I haven't tried it yet. It got good reviews here on these boards.

Chrissy, our weather was gorgeous today, FINALLY so it should be coming your way SOON!!! Good job on the walk, but be sure to stretch out really well when you're done!

OK....DS' team lost his playoff game so baseball is now OFFICIALLY over. That means our evenings are completely free this week, which ROCKS! lol

I'm signing off for the night, ladies. Legs tomorrow, plus a short iTread hill workout (20 minutes). My kids are watching Monday Night Raw (wrestling), commercial-free. LOL NEVER thought I'd sit here and watch this nonsense.

Gayle

Hi Guys,

last check-in for me for today.

Thanks for asking about dd. She took a super long nap and was in good spirits when she woke up. She ate a decent dinner and was acting quite normal although she still has a slight temp. I'm hoping this will be slept off over night!

Gayle, I have never heard of the seuss book and the green stuff, what is it? Please do share pics of the bird sanctuary. DS got a paint your won bird house and put it in a tree, no birds yet. We probably need to be better about the bird food...

Rachel, I use the Ezekiel raising bread for the bread pudding. It really adds a nice touch of flavor! There are at least as many berries as bread cubes in this one, so it is really yummy and fruity!

Kim, it is fun that we are so close to Disneyland. It allows for a much more relaxed approach to going. We got passes as well as parking pass, so each time we go it costs us nothing extra and so we can just go for a couple of rides if we want and go back home without feeling we didn't get our money's worth. This is especially handy with little kids who can tucker our faster than older ones. We are hoping to catch a disney cruise one of these summers and take a trip to disney world while on that side of the US. You can bet I will be planning a lot longer for that trip as well! I'm glad your husband is feeling better. that heatwave really was merciless, it sound like, and when your body hasn't had time to adjust, it is much more taxing!

Chrissy, wtg on the 8 mile walk! Those inserts should help a lot. In fact I think I need to get some myself...

Ok, I'm going to hit the sack early today. DM cardio premix for me tomorrow and I plan on doing the one that does all cardio drills twice in a row... I'm talking myself into it early, becasue I know I need the prep...LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.