6 month alumni checkin Wednesday

FourAM

Cathlete
This is just a quick one to get us on the board. I am getting every thing together for our trip tomorrow. Dh is getting the outside stuff done while I put the inside together. Of course I have to clean house because I can not come home to a dirty house!

Glad to see everyone is slowly coming back. Kim, it sounds like you had a great time.

I will be back later

Rachel

Ok I think I have gotten everything packed that I can pack for now. All the cold stuff has to wait for tomorrow and the last minute bathroom stuff.

I made home made granola bars for the trail and I forgot to spray the pan so they are more like granola chunks. They are dangerously good. Is it bad that for lunch I had the smaller chunks in some milk. (I think it is not that good):eek: I am hoping I do not fall into a granola eating coma at some point on our trip.:D That has been known to happen to me.

I have been doing the 4DS this week and this is the first time that I have ever done them in their entirety. I have done the cardio portions of all of them and the weight portions but never as they were made. I did not believe it would be a good workout<---stupid I know! Normally I think I must do weights for an hr or cardio for an hr but these wo,s were very effective as a whole. My chest and back are even sore. I did not get sore in the legs but I think that is because last weeks rotation for me was mainly legs so they have been worked really good here lately. I have boot camp and bi's and tri's for tomorrow and then we are off to do some 4 wheelin'.

Cendrine-I meant to comment on your build up in your pantry. I am the same way. Horrible! It is weird that you mentioned that the other day because day before yesterday found some weird beetle looking things in his cereal. We thought they came from the store like that but with further investigation I realized that some of the cereals that had been pushed to the back of the pantry had then too. uuhhhgg! Well the first thing I did was google "bugs in my cereal" and found out that the FDA allows a certain percentage of insect parts in grain. Disturbing right? Well it went on to say that if you let cereal get old or other grains, you might hatch some bugs. Needless to say I had some pretty old cereal that I thought I would use for something??? what I do not know. We proceeded to go through any grain thing that had been pushed to the back of the pantry. We tore open a box of malt o meal that dh thought he would eat and didn't and it had a little clear looking bug in it. So we emptied everything in the pantry and went on the hunt for anything that crawled. It was only in the old cereal and the malt o meal but anything that I knew we would never eat went in the trash. I hate to waste but I think in this case it was warranted. Besides it was that hate to waste thing that got bugs in my pantry.:eek: So I learned a big lesson. I am horrible about buying things that I think I might never see again. Around here it can be hard to find certain ingredients and so I go ahead and buy them and then forget or don't get to a recipe for a while.

Well I am too full on granola so I feel I need to go move around a bit and at least try to use up some of these carbs...:rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Rachel

Oh, Rachel, bugs!!!! Yikes! How nasty!

I knew that they allow for some 'bugs' in food and it bugs me like crazy...

I would have tossed everything too! Kind of nice to find this before you leave on your trip so you can be done with it!

I'm glad 4DS is working you well! I like it because sometimes it is nice to only do 30min of cardio...

I did All step today. It was good but felt short, so I added another step segment before the stretch.

Have a great holiday Rachael! Nothing exciting here. The kids seemed to enjoy their first day of school, got CLX done after work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.