50 and over week of Oct 10 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Starting thread now because I don't know what we will be doing tomorrow. Mil is in hospital again. She was released Monday back to nursing home. We have moved her to a different hospital. It is about 45 min further away from her nursing home but about the same difference (1 1/2hr) for us. The local hospital is in a very small town. We are hoping this hospital is better.

I thought she just had another urinary tract infection but it is a bacterial infection. A "super bug" and the antibiotic is much stronger. She was asleep when we saw her tonight. Bil said when he saw her earlier she talked to him but words did not make any sense. We will probably go over there tomorrow even if she doesn't wake up.

Joan

Good morning all,

Weigh in 164.6lb. Yea I'm below 165. I take my victories where I can get them. At this rate I can't believe I will be below 160 by Nov 1. And there is the problem of Halloween candy.:eek:

Mil did wake up this morning.

Joan

Happy Sunday, Y'All!

Glad to hear that your MIL is awake, Joan. Hope that means she is responding well to the medication.

I started the stretching yesterday, but did not sleep well last night, so I decided to rest today. That ballet stretching is much more intense than what we normally do after our workouts. My legs were screaming yesterday and shaking, too! :eek: I thought I would be sore today, but not so, and my back pain is lessened. I think I'll keep doing this stretching, because obviously I need to strengthen my ligaments as well as my muscles. Maybe then I can do my other workouts without the injuries I have been experienced lately. The workouts are very short--less than 30 minutes--and I can add them to whatever else I am doing. I just TiVo them from PBS (I don't get up at 6!) and do them when I regularly work out.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Everyone!

Joan- so sorry about MIL again! Why is she having so many UTI? Are they not wiping them completely out? Hang in there on the weight loss- every ounce counts!!!

Magnolia- which series do you tape? I was aware that PBS had any:confused:

I did a spinning class this am- now I am trying to get taxed done (Yes, Joan, I hear you) then.... I want to do an ab workout with Cathe- just a short one!

Ok- Bye!

Hi, Y'All!

Beth, I am doing a series called "Classical Stretch: The Esmonde Technique," with a former prima ballerina whose name is Miranda Esmonde-White. It comes on at 6 am here. I am not really a morning person, so I DVR it and do it when I get up. I have noticed that the pain I have now is not really back pain. It seems to be a muscle in my left glute (or "bum" as Miranda would say). It's odd, but during and after the stretching, the pain goes away. About an hour later, it comes back. But it seems to be getting better, anyway. This morning was a leg and hip workout, and I was a little hesitant to do it, but it helped. As soon as the pain in my fanny goes away ( :rolleyes:?), I'm planning to add some walking and cardio & weight workouts.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Good Morning, Y'All!

Wow. Where is everyone? I guess we are all on Facebook now.

Just finished today's stretching. Next week, I am going to add some walking and a cardio & weights routine. Eventually, I hope to be doing the new videos from Cathe and maybe even another round of STS.

Hope you are all well. Prayers for your mil, Joan.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

I think I may have stretched myself thin with all the computer time...:eek::eek::eek:

I did 3 miles on the TM this morning. Yard work this afternoon. :D

howdy, howdy, howdy

whew!! wore out. yesterday did Fat Blaster, then met dil at park and played with kids, came home, napped, g/daughters stayed. we rode last nite, rode all morning, and now i'm dead.

tomorrow is Bible study in the am and then a fundraiser in the pm. hope to get my w/out in somewhere.

hey i'm on facebook, anyone wanna friend me??? i'm under cathy stewart, did n't know i was supposed to use my maiden name. i really di dn't even know i was signing up. :)

I knew I would be busy with babysitting and work but I didn't realize I would never have any time. I guess I need to get more organized. Luke and Elliot don't take their naps at the same time. If they did I would probably take a nap too instead of exercising.

Mil is not responding to the new antibiotics. It does not look good.

Joan

{{{Joan}}} I do not know how you do it! Come around when you can.

I am so glad I got my yard work in yesterday, it's pouring today. Going to do a circuit workout today, I don't know which one yet. :)

Hello!!

Joan-- I don't know how you do it either-- I remember those days as a young mom and I was tired even then... Prayers for your MIL..

Cathy-I did friend you on facebook! I love your horse pictures btw..

Jann- I am dying to do a circuit wo as well-- but I have men here fixing the termite damage and I am afraid to start working out because I know just about the tiume I work up a sweat... someone will call me to look at something..

Magnolia--are you getting the new videos too? I have one more day to make up my mind!!

Hi, Y'all!

Yep, Beth, I pre-ordered the new workouts shortly after the pre-sale offer began. At the time, I wasn't having trouble with my back, but I'll be fine by the time they get here.

My back is a lot better, and I am considering adding a cardio & weights workout tomorrow. I'll just see how I feel after my usual morning stretch.

Cathy, I "friended" you on facebook, also. Love the pics.

Jann, I really like 30/30. It's one of my favorite short workouts.

Joan, I don't know how you do it, either. But I'll keep you in my prayers.

Have a great night, everyone.

Magnolia

At least I got my income tax return done last night. Tonight I painted all the trim so we can put it back on.

Mil was sent back to nursing home today. They have done as much as they can. She continues to have small strokes. She doesn't remember those days but each time she seems to recover from them. They continue to give her antibiotics but they don't seem to be helping.

Dil is having wisdom teeth removed tomorrow so I will probably have both kids until 5:30.

No real exercise but I try to do WIO on my Wii each day. It gets a lot of steps in.

Magnolia Glad to hear back is getting better.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.