50 and over week of May 9 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Happy Mothers Day,

I'll be busy all morning so thought I would start us out now. I will be taking my mother out to a buffet so I hope I can keep within the diet. (maybe just a little cheating).

Happy Mother's Day!!

I worked out with Chalene again this morning Get-Lean Intervals. Now to get ready to enjoy my kids! :D

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all!

i ate waayy too much today. gotta get back to WW this week and stop eating yuck again.

Good morning,

Still trying to decide what wo to do. Maybe I should just reach in and grab a dvd.

Calories on Saturday were 1496 of healthy food, Sunday was 1538 calories with mostly not healthy food.:eek: My average calories for the 9 days was 1163. I'm back today strict on the diet.

BBL

soooo, i did hi step circuit and added tara's lower body & shoulder circuit (the firm) and i did some of the hi step stuff twice and did the last cardio (kickbox) 3 times. the cardio segments are only 1 m. , so it wasn't that big of a deal. but, it is an easy workout, do i added a little extra intesity to the cardio. but, i really like the workout cuz, i can do it and not be crippled the next day. and, it is alot like firms and i just really like the format of firm workouts.

ya'll have a great day, going outside to bath my horses, i think.

Hi, Y'All!

I did Low Impact Step this morning. It is getting a little easier every time I do it, so maybe it's time to add something else for variety's sake.

I misbehaved badly last night. DH took me & in-laws to a French restaurant in NYC, so I ate. The profiterole with chocolate sauce for dessert was probably a little over the top :eek:, so I am back on my diet today. Anyway, yes, we are watching our weight, but every once in a while, we also need to live a little!!

The best Mothers' Day gift I received yesterday was a call from DS to tell us that they had received word that DIL will be entering the treatment program we had hoped for very soon. We are very happy, just praying that it works for her. The treatments are going to be pretty tough, but she's a tough young lady, and what does she have to lose at this point? Please don't stop praying for her.

Everyone please stay well and have a great day.

Magnolia

Magnolia I'm so happy you got good news and on Mother's day.

I finally got back to exercising. It was only an hour on the treadmill but since I couldn't seem to get started this last week I'm happy to have done anything.

Today I was hungry all day. I will have to see what was different but thought I had followed diet pretty well. I did end up eating 4 slices of diet bread (180 calories total) and 2 T peanut butter over plan and ate a total of 1398 calories. It might be harder to keep to a 1000 calories than I thought.

Joan

Last edited:
Good morning, Y'All!

Joan, I know just what you are saying! Every time I go on a diet, the first week is great, and I always think "Oh, this is going to be easy!" Then the second week or so, I start wanting to eat everything in sight. Maybe it's just our bodies catching on to what we are doing and rebelling! Just hang in there, and you'll make it.

I tried Tracie Long's "Back Up" today. I have to say that this was certainly not my favorite workout. It's tough, but some of those moves aggravate my bad shoulder, no matter how I might try to modify. Maybe I'll just put it away for another time when I can handle it a little better. I like Tracie's workouts usually, but this one just wasn't for me (yet).

Linda, been thinking about you. Prayers are with you & your family.

Please stay well and have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Good evening all,

No wo yet. My mother was coming down the stairs this morning and slipped. I was at the bottom of the steps but was able to grab her from behind under the arms and keep her from falling. She comes down sideways so she can hang onto the railing with both hands. I didn't know I could lift 250lbs. My back is just a little sore but I'm afraid to aggravate it.

Joan

Good morning,

I ended up doing Step Heat without arm movements. The arms seemed to bother back more than the stepping. Today is housecleaning max but I would like to do something else later tonight. We'll see how back is then.

We had more rain last night. There were 9 booms of thunder that sounded like giant fireworks displays going off.

Hi everyone,

I'm still around. Just been having a tough time....lots of family drama right now.

I spent Mother's Day in an Urgent Care clinic because I was having problems with my right ear. Everything is okay.

I have been exercising the whole time doing Cathe's May rotation. I think the exercising is keeping me sane. I did Athletic Step plus Ab Circuits Weights only this morning and Kick Punch and Crunch yesterday.

I ditched the nutrisystem. I ate a dinner that was absolutely icky to me and I can't stand to look at the stuff. Funny thing...now since I'm upset I don't have much of an appetite. Maybe I can lose a few pounds now.

Hope you all have a good day.

Hi, Y'All.

Linda, that's not the optimal way to lose weight. Please take care of your health right now. I know you are working out, but please try to get your rest, too. I know that with every bad valley in my life I have had to walk through, exercise was what made the difference for me. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan, thank goodness you were right there and could keep your Mom from falling! Wow!

I did Low Impact Step this morning and one of Cathe's stability ball abs workouts. It's almost time to raise the step on LIS, and I think I am going to add another of her workouts--maybe Cardio & Weights, and/or Step Heat.

Have a great day, Y'all.

Magnolia

P. S. Linda, I think you did the right thing about the nutrisystem. I know we are watching our calories, but you shouldn't ever have to eat food that you don't enjoy!

Magnolia

well, linda, i thought nutrisysystem was GROSS. the "food" if ya wanna call it that tasted horrible! my sister gave it to me cuz she tried it, but she has chron's and colitis and it about killed her with all the fake stuff in it. she has to eat basically pure, real food and be ver careful.

today was hard core fusion and focused wt. work from the firm website. so, total of 80m. workout. but, don't freak out ya'll. i am doing a very short workout tommorrow. going to be at high schools the next 2 days doing worth the wait. so, short tomorrow and off on friday.

and, have another function tonite, so gotta get ready for that.
ttyl

Well, Linda, I was just about to ask you about nutrisystem. I keep seeing the commercials as a last ditch effort and I keep thinking hmmmmmm.....? But, if the food is that bad, I would end up cheating. I couldn't even do Jenny Craig a couple of years ago becasue I felt like I was hurting my body with all that processed food. I will say, however, it helps to adjust one's idea of a portion.

That said, it seems like the Mayo diet is working for Joan. Right Joan?? I went on line and looked it up- are you really eating 1000 calories per day?

I have been doing a very low calorie diet and it is coming off very very very slowly- but at least it is comimg off

Magnolia- that is great news anbout DIL-- our prayers are working!!

I have been spinning and pool running becasue I can do it outside and it has been beautiful!!!!

Jann, you better be exercising!!

Cathy- you sound busy busy!!

Good evening,

Nutrisystem was better tasting until 2 years ago when they started putting fish oil in everything to get omega 3. I liked the breakfasts, snacks and some dinners. Other than the ham and bean soup I didn't like any lunches. I picked my own meals so I had lots of duplicates. Usually 15 hamburgers out of the 28 dinners. Of course I didn't eat it every meal.

Last week the diet was perfect. I wasn't hungry and averaged 1062 calories in the first 7 days. In the last 4 days I have averaged 1457 calories eaten and am hungry all the time. Other than Mother's day I have followed the food choices of the diet but just ate more. I printed off last weeks meals to see what the differences were. I've decided that it was having the fraxel laser done last Monday. It made me feel like I do with a bad sunburn. When my body has to heal I don't feel like eating.

((((Linda))))

Housemax was only exercise today. Back is not too bad but bending over is painful.

Joan

HI all -- well, I was exercising until Tuesday I came down with this cold. It truly hit me like a wall. I have a sore throat, fever and yesterday I started coughing. :( I have zero energy. I am taking another rest day today. I am hoping when it gets warm again I'll feel like moving.

Joan I am glad your mother is OK. I wish I knew the answer to dieting. :confused:

Linda - Hang in there. {{{Linda}}}

Magnolia you remind me of the engine that could AND will!

Beth I can hear your determination in your posts. You will lose that weight!

Here's a couple of pictures of what is keeping me busy -- It's early it will fill in more as it gets warmer. :D
4602724516_c8a2d058ed.jpg

4602724714_8aaea53660.jpg

Good Morning, Y'All.

Jann, the pictures are beautiful--I so admire people who have green thumbs and can make their yards beautiful like that. It's truly a gift. Please take care of that cold!

Joan, unless you have to actually eat fish oil (yuck!), you can always take capsules. I do. A brand called Nature Made has fish oil capsules that don't "repeat" on you, so you never have to taste the oil. Hope this all works out for you.

Cathy, you are one busy lady! I looked at your rotation. Wow.

Beth, just hang in there. I think we all have to find what works for each of us. You will.

I just read an article online about this fantastic lady who at 74 years old, is an endurance athlete! Very inspiring. Here's the link if any of you are interested.

http://www.athleta.net/chi/2010/05/...-story/?EV=ATHB5132010&CD=ANC_AAC&DI=37760791

Unfortunately, I'll have to read this again tomorrow--taking the day off due to leading singing at a mass today & a rehearsal later on. On again tomorrow.

I hope you each have a great day.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.