50 and over week of May 2 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good afternoon,

I guess I need to start check in on Saturday night. I'm always late on Sunday. I still need to decide on rotation or something. BBL

Joan

I know everyone will be back on Monday so I'll just talk to myself. Lunch was whole grain spaghetti. I'm not used to that. The taste probably grows on you. And I just had blueberries and cottage cheese. I still have 1 protein and some carbs and veg to eat later.

I was already upset because they put corn as a carb not a veg and now I see that they put peas as a protein not a veg.

Joan

LOL!! i'll talk to you joan. been busy, busy this weekend and last, and in between it seems too. :) are you doing weight watchers or what? i kinda like cathe's rotation for this month. i may work it in w/the one i'm doing from the firm. looks interesting. hope i have a bit more time to get on here this week.

Hello!!

I am becoming less than enthusiastic about this weight loss issue. I feel like I work my buns off to no avail!!!!! I can not lose even 1 pound! And, I hear everything from "your not eating enough" to your working out "too hard" to your not working out hard enough,, or my friend who ate 500 cal a day for 20 days and lost 18 pounds??? What is that???!!

I feel hopeless and I don't have a rotation for this month either now becasue I am done with my rest week after meso 3.. So I am going to look at the rotation for ths month and I apologize for venting!!!!!

Good morning, Y'All.

Beth, everyone needs to vent! These issues are very frustrating, and that's why we're all here for each other. I would say please just don't give up. Have you been to your doctor and had your hormone levels checked? If your hormones are not in balance, it can keep you from losing weight. That was my problem.

Cathy, let me know how the combo of rotations works for you. I'm curious.

It was a rough weekend. We were in Atlanta for DIL's birthday. When it was over, I really didn't want to leave her to come back here, but, unbelievably, I am on call for jury duty this week, so I really had to come back. I never had jury duty my whole life until I moved up here!!!!! Anyway, her mother and my son are looking into Cancer Treatment Centers of America. We are not giving up.

The birthday party for her was wonderful. So many people came to show their love and support, and the day was really beautiful--not a cloud in the sky. And she was having a good day, physically. We are grateful for that, anyway.

Our telephone line was down when we got back last night, and the telephone people are working on this today, for how long, I don't know. Don't know if I will get to squeeze in a workout--besides, it's jet lag day.

I hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia

Beth I can feel you pain. I look at others saying they just did this or that and I have been doing this and that for years and can't seem to find the "answer". I agree with Magnolia... I've inlisted a doctors help. Having tests done to see if there is a reason.

Magnolia my heart aches for your DIL and son. Never give up hope. [[[Magnolia]]]

Well Joan -- I did it --- I did a workout!!!! I did a yoga DVD. I know, I know it's not a heart pumping, heavy breathing, calorie burning workout. At least I feel like I've done something. I've been busy today cleaning and if the rain stays away long enough I plan to go out and do some container planting. :D

Hi Cathy, Jann, Magnolia and Beth,

Official weigh in 173lbs. I was 176 on Saturday the start of the diet so I am down 3lbs. I haven't changed weight loss line in signature yet. Do I want to see the 3lb weight loss or accept the fact I had to gain weight to lose weight? I may use the 173 as the start weight because that was what I weighed at the start of this journey 2 years ago.

Beth for me weight loss means limiting calories and cardio. It is very hard for me to lose weight from activity. According to my gwf a wo is 200-300 calories burned. If I average 1500 calories eaten a day I lose 1/2lb per week if I exercise 1 hour per day. I am trying the Mayo Clinic diet. I am supposed to eat 1200 calories a day. You have to eat 4 veg and 3 fruit but can eat more. Four carb servings, 3 protein/dairy servings, 3or maybe 4 fat servings and after the first 2 weeks 75 calories of "sweets".

I'm torn between doing only cardio because I know that works and adding just enough weight lifting to not lose muscle. Or I may start STS 2 and try to get cardio in everyday. I have the time until Oct so I want to lose as much as possible.

(((((Magnolia)))))

Jann I'm almost sorry I can't take a road trip. I'm glad you got started now it's only me. I will probably only be able to do treadmill because I haven't done anything yet and I need to shower and get ready to go to plastic surgeon. Today is the fraxel laser on my face.

Cathy I haven't looked at Cathe's rotation but I will. Fitness Freaks get ready for summer rotation also looked good but I didn't have 4ds.

Joan

aww-iron mom, i know exactly how you feel. i found for me that i have to be VERY careful what i put in my mouth. more than one person has told me , THE DIET, and that is definitely my problem. when i started doing WW, i have lost about 10 #'s since dec. but, i had gotten very careless about watching my eating.

do you have any firms or tracie long workouts? if you are on the firm you can go look at their rotation this month. i am doing their 2010 periodization year-long rotation, and i have really liked it so far. i don't use all firm's, i put cathe & tracy in too. i think it is the best rotation they have ever done. and then, tracie has arotation for all her w/outs if you have them. here is a link to her site.

http://www.tracielongfitness.com/Articles.asp?ID=139#bn-forum-1-1-3530588004/4922

it is perfectly fine to vent. we all know your frustration. and , the older i get, the harder it gets. real drag. oh, well, i am grateful that i am healthy enough to even workout at my age. :)

oops, i forgot to post what i did this am.

did jen carman's strength in movement, (it is a tracie long), and i LOVE it, cuz jen is my all time fave instructor. i hope she does more workouts.

Wow!!

Thanks everyone for the support! All good advice. The hormone thing has me stumped though. I had mine checked last year and got conflicting advice on whether or not to use the natural creams. So I decided not to. Did you feel like that helped you, Jann? I felt like I spent a lot of time and money and really had no answers. But, Cathy, your right about every little bit that goes in the mouth- and I am watching that and recording in my journal- I am eating 1200 or less of a balanced clean diet- Joan, I am going to look at MAYO and see if it is about the same..

So all that is left is more cardio!!! That being said, I started Cathes May rotation by downloading step jump pump and it was just what I needed- I liked it- step, high impact and full body weights- I will check out Tracy and the Firm as well

I am still praying for your DIL Magnolia, HUGGSS to you all!!!

OUCH

My face hurts. They put a cream on an hour before the laser and used cold air while he was doing the treatment. I am now red and swollen. I have to stay upright so I guess treadmill is only option. I cannot go outside for a week.

Joan

OUCH

My face hurts. They put a cream on an hour before the laser and used cold air while he was doing the treatment. I am now red and swollen. I have to stay upright so I guess treadmill is only option. I cannot go outside for a week.

Joan

What we women go through!!! I am sure you will look beautiful once it heals!:p

Cathy-
I looked at Tracy and I like her style. But where is the firm rotation posted? Do you have to be a member? How do you work the Cathe tapes in?

YEAH, ya have to be a member. stinks, huh?
well, if i have to sub for a firm i don't have, i'll sub a cathe or a tracie. and, if i have lots of energy, i'll do a cathe. i can't do her every day, she kills my feet if i try her evey day. are you familiar w/the firm style w/outs? mostly cardio/sculpt and the 4-limb. most all of them have some 4-limb, even the cardio. anyway, i just sub weights for weights or cardio for cardio, id i sub a cathe. cathe's are just so much more intense.

Good morning,

I looked at Cathe's May rotation and may start that soon. I remembered too late that I wasn't supposed to do anything to get blood vessels pumping in face. I should have done wo on Saturday and Sunday because I probably won't do too much this week. I can't be outside this week. Only between car and house with sunscreen.

I have eaten 1206,1159 and 1008 calories on this diet. I wasn't hungry after procedure or calories would have been more. Beth you seem so much more active than me. I would have thought you could eat more and lose.

There are 3 more laser procedures to go through. I've been told that the redness swelling and oozing sp? will be gone in week. Procedures are done about every 4 weeks. He thinks I may need different kind of laser after that to get rid of broken blood vessels in face. At least he won't charge me for that.

Joan

Good morning, everyone!

Joan, you are going to be beautiful! I just know it.

I did The Firm Volume 5 this morning. I am throwing in every workout I have that combines cardio with weights for right now. I'm planning to go back to the heavier weights when some of this fat is burned off. I'll get there. Anyway, it's fun to combine some of the Firms and some of the Anna Benson workouts with Cathe for right now. I also really like the latest ones from Tracie Long as well. I noticed she is going to release some new ones that look as if they might be a little shorter. But knowing Tracie's workouts, they won't be easy.

Hi, there, Jann, Beth & Cathy. Have a great day, my friends.

Magnolia

Hello!!

I did Cardio Kicks this am- day 2 of Cathes may rotation- and I want to say---Brillant!!!! Yesterday was "Step Jump and Pump" which will fit your requirements, Magnolia, because it is cardio and weights, high reps--- then today, after being so sore and stiff, the cardio kicks burned more calories but I felt like my arms and legs got stretched and flushed!!

Joan, I know... that's what I am saying... I get a LOT of exercise and I should be a size 4-- but, last night, I went for a run/walk around my neighborhood after I ate (120 cal) and then when I got back I reaaallllly had to go- you know what I mean? This morning, when I weighed, I was down 3.5 pounds... so I am happy now, but we'll see if it stays off.

Joan, I have had lasar done, but by the way your describing it- it must not be the same one-- I had no down time-

Has anyone tried jani Love 1000? That also looks like a weight cardio combo- I watched it on collage video last night.

Well, ttly

Good afternoon,

I know there are a lot of different kinds of lasers. I had worried because the last magazine I read Saturday said not to laser precancerous brown spots on face because then they would not be visible but still there. Since I had brown spots but didn't know if they were precancerous I asked doctor. He said this was the only laser approved by the FDA to zap precancerous cells. That made me even happier. My face is swollen and looks like a bad sunburn. The pharmacist said you know it will get a lot worse don't you? No I didn't but what the heck. It just feels like a bad sunburn now. I'm not supposed to use makeup for the week either.

I took cat to vet. He has a very sore wrist but it is not broken. This happened while we were on vacation so we don't know what happened.

I took dm to doctor, her legs seem to be infected again. So more antibiotics and more tests.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Beth, congrats on the lbs. lost! Keep up the good work!

I did Low Impact Step this morning and stability ball abs from High Step Circuit. It gets easier every time I do it, and today it felt great. I know I keep repeating some of these more basic workouts, but it's because I am trying to get the basic steps down one workout at a time. I figure that eventually, I'll be able to get into the more advanced workouts a little more easily. I do own Step, Jump & Pump and Cardio & Weights as well. They seem to be mainstays in her rotations, so maybe I'll start phasing them in soon.

Well, I have to report for jury duty this afternoon, so I had better get moving. Have a beautiful day, everyone.

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.