50 and over week of March 30

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi ladies,

I thought I would take a break and start the thread.

Jann I hope you're feeling better.

No wo but I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Joan

Good afternoon, everyone!

Joan, glad you can take a break to post. I know it has to be pretty crazy in your work, but at least it's only about a couple of weeks more.

Jann, I'm so sorry you were sick. Hope you are all better now.

I'm on my fourth week of Burn Circuit now. I think my arthritic left shoulder seems slightly better. I've been told strengthening it could help. Anyway, if this works, then maybe STS would be something to think about when I plateau here. If only I can add about two hours to my day!

Have a great afternoon, Ladies.

Magnolia

Thanks girls! I am better today. My DS is getting married this Saturday April 4th. So I started the Push Phase early. I know from last time my arms really took shape quickly so I am going Very Heavy! I seem to be all over the place lately with working out. :confused: I know I'll be taking the weekend off -- After this weekend I should be able to get back on track with my rotation.

Yay Magnolia on the pounds lost! You are on your last week of Burn, I couldn't wait to start Push(its my favorite).

DOR = Day of Rest.

Good evening everyone,

I love weddings Jann. I hope you'll have pictures.

I broke down and ordered the new series. I didn't really want to spend more money, but I really do intend to wo seriously after April 15.

I have my 40th HS reunion in August. If you can figure a way for me to lose 2 lbs a week I would appreciate it.:rolleyes:

Joan

I'll share pictures for sure! :D

I ordered the new system as well. I also hope once things settle down I'll get back to a more regular routine.

I'll be doing cardio today + yard work. I am also cooking up some freezer meals to have on hand. I am making a big batch of indiviual spinach lasagnas. I have my recipe down to 16 servings a little over 300 calories each. I make my own sauce, use nofat cheeses and whole wheat noodles. I cook the spinach with garlic and vegtable broth. They are perfect to have for quick meals and I am counting calories.

Have a good one!

Good evening everyone,

Jann lasagna sounds good.

I spent even more money. I ordered the gowear fit system. I hoped knowing how many calories I was using might motivate me. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I may wear it to see how few calories I burn while sitting at my desk. :eek:

Joan

I just checked out the GoWear system! :cool: You will have to tell us if you like it. I wear a HRM when I workout and I know how much that helps just during a workout. Very :cool:!

PC2 for me today. Another busy day!

Hello!!

I just finished the next to last disc of meso 2.

Did anyone order the cardio shock system? I think I am going to try Charlene after this to mix it up some.

Jann, you got me going on the lasagna idea. I like the idea of having premade meals at 300 calories.

Joan, are you going to start the system over again after tax season?

I went to a Zumba class last night and I have to say, een though I did not know how to do it, it sure works the middle. I kind of miss the old aerobics where there was more hip action. I didn't realize how stiff I had become.

Well, cheers to all!! Beth

Happy April, Ladies!

Jann, I am looking forward to Push Circuit. I have been pre-viewing the workouts. I did BC2 today, and went heavier on most of the exercises. I barely made 10 reps on those bowlers' lunges! Just call me "Shake & Bake"!

Hope y'all have a great afternoon.

Magnolia

Good afternoon all,

Beth I can't really say I will be starting over because I will never finish it.

When Jann is ready to start sts I will begin sts. I went through disc 8 a while back and just stopped doing anything. When I get back at it I will just continue in order.

I will be going on vacation from April 21 until April 28. I really need it but I know I am up about 2-3lbs and I realllllly don't want to gain any more.

Back to work.

Joan

Back again,

Can you tell I don't want to work on tax returns. I'm down to the complicated and messy returns. It's more the way they give me the information than the difficulty of the return.

I had to call ds to help get the gowear fit to work. He's in Seattle this week for a photo shoot. He said it was raining and snowing. That was a good thing because that was what they wanted in picture. I hope he doesn't get sick. He said he had to change his socks 3 times because they were wet.

I put in the gowear activity manager that I could eat 1400 calories and not gain weight. Then I told them I wanted to lose 2lbs a week. It set it up for me to have 2400 calories of activity. This was 5000 steps and 30 min of exercise per day. I just did RS. Calories burned were about 1/2 what Cathe's wo manager says. That seems about right to me. Her numbers always seemed too high especially for the amount of modification I do.

Back to work.

Joan

Good afternoon everyone!

:):)Joan, did you decide the calories or did the program decide? I was looking at that last night online. It looks interesting. Diod you get the wristwatch also? When I started wearing a heart monitor (polar) a couple of things were suprising- First, the machines at the gym were way off- too high- then, there are times when I work out with a friend and we are running and walking together and my calories are nearly double of hers, yet, I don't lose weight as easy as she does. Keep us informed how it works, Beth

I did kick Max today for a much needed change- what a great wo!:D

Hi girls!
Shake and Bake a.k.a. - :D Magnolia GREAT JOB on picking the right weights! :cool: My legs shake so badly sometimes. It feels so good when you are finished.

Joan I am so excited about this gadget!! I can’t wait to hear all about it. If it works for you I am defiantly going to have to get me one. It cost the same as getting hooked up to one of those machines, but this way I get to keep it! ;) Is the arm band comfortable? Is the best way for it to work is to have the web site hook up? I read that’s like $10.00 a month. Is that correct?

I am not working out any more until next week. My days are just crazy. My B-mom went into the hospital she has colon cancer,heart problems and diabetes. They didn’t think she would be coming out when she went in on Tuesday. She is better today and she said she does not want to die in the hospital so they may leave her go home. My DS wedding is Saturday. The rehearsal dinner is tomorrow. So much.

Take care all!

Hi everyone,

Jann sorry your life is so hectic.

Beth I picked the calories. Cathe's site says for a 500 calorie deficit to eat 850 calories, but not to eat that low. :confused: I decided that I couldn't lose weight through dieting. Eating 1400-1500 calories I lost 0-1/2 lb per week. I decided that was my stay the same calorie intake. They then tell you what 1000 calories of activity would be. (They ask you how much you would like to lose per week- I picked 2 lbs). If I up calories I will have to up activity. I did get the watch. It makes a sound when I hit my 5000 steps and 30 min of activity. I don't know if it also tells you when you have burned the 2400 calories a day.

Jann, on Amazon you get 3 months free of the service I did sign up for a year for $6.95 a month. You would need the service at least to begin to set up armband requirements. After that you could use the watch to see calories burned and steps taken. You can have an alarm set to tell you to exercise at a certain time, to take vitamin, or drink more water. What was weird is I wore it to bed and it said when I was sleeping and when I was just laying there.

Hi Magnolia,

Joan

Hello!!

Joan, that is really neat!! But kind of creepy that it knows when you are sleeping and just lying there. Do you burn more calories lying there still than actually sleeping? I may have to get one. Forgive me if I asked this, but I know you told it how many calories, but do you have to enter what you just ate every time or can it tell that you ate? I beet it is more accurate than my heart rate moniter.

Jann, I hope the wedding goes well and that it is a beautiful day!

Have a good night everyone!

Good evening everyone,

It can't tell what calories you have eaten with out entering on the computer. It's similar to Cathe's. I haven't had time to use it. I eat pretty consistently but I can see now why I don't lose weight. After wearing it all day I had used 1200 calories and gone 1350 steps with 3 minutes of moderate exercise. With their suggested 5000 steps and 30 min of moderate exercise I only reached 1636 calories up to now and 5146 steps. My everyday living doesn't come up to the 1400 calories burned plus 1000 extra calories burned with the 30 min. I will have to adjust steps and activity level after a week to see what I need to do.
It only tells you a total of calories used for the day there is a graph for activity different times during the day. I haven't worn band all night. One morning when I woke up and went to bathroom I put band on and went back to sleep. That was only for about an hour. You can use the trip button to measure during a time period but I have just been looking at the watch before a Cathe dvd and then again after to see the calories burned for that dvd.

I guess its not really a necessay toy. It just tells me what I already knew I don't move enough. It has made me do two exercise dvds and one treadmill session in the last 3 days.

Back to work.

Joan

It's a beautiful day today but supposed to rain/snow tonight.

I wore armband to sleep last night. I think I use more calories sleeping than sitting at my desk. When I got up it showed about 650 calories used.

I guess I will eat scrambled eggs all day tomorrow so I can blow out enough eggs to color for Easter.:)

Back to work.

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.