50 and over week of March 14 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

Beth I hate colds. Hope yours doesn't last long.

I actually got 20 min on treadmill. Five minutes at a time between tax returns. Something is better than nothing.

I need to change my clocks. At least the computer does it automatically so I know what time it is.

BBL

Joan

Joan sounds good! 5 minutes at a time is good!

I am relaxing today. I am still going to try hard to get in 10,000 steps.. will see how that goes! :) If this rain would ever stop I would like to get outside.

Good Afternoon, Y'All.

I'll be resting today. We had a horrible storm, a Nor'easter, yesterday and last night. We were lucky--our power did not go out--but a lot of others around us were not so lucky. It almost uprooted a tree at the side of our house, but not quite. All the rocking chairs on our porch had blown down to one end. It's calm today, thank the Lord. All this plus I had an early mass to sing for (8 am). Normally, I have to get up at 5:30 when I have that one, but because of the time change, I got up at the equivalent of 4:30. :confused: I'm just not much of a morning person.

Everyone please stay well & have a good day. Take care of that cold, Beth. I'm going to go take a big ol' nap!

Magnolia

Hi everyone,

Just got back from S. Md. Will be happy when it stops raining. I'm really tired from the time change and taking care of Mom so will probably take a nap soon. Doubt if I'll do a workout today.

Beth - hope your cold goes away soon. Chest colds are the worst and it's smart that you are taking it easy.

Jann - I had to laugh when you mentioned that your phone rang 3x when you were on the treadmill. Same thing happens to me when I exercise...can be quiet all morning and then when I'm 15 min into my workout, the phone starts ringing. I ignore it, but I lose my focus on what I'm doing.

Joan - It's great that you are able to fit 5 min of exercise in between work. It probably does you a world of good just to get away from your work for a brief time.

Hope you all are having a great day.

i get the grandkids tomorrow thru friday. whew!! hope i survive. i plan on taking the rest of the week off, well, off as far as working out. don't think i'm gonna be off much.

anyway, today i did the lower body of body sculpt and then 30m of super cardio. gonna try to get a workout in tomorrow before everyone gets here, but not sure. so, i will not be around for a few days, most likely.
ya'll have a great week.

Good morning, Ladies.

Just taking a few minutes to cool down before I shower and head to the grocery store (my favorite place :rolleyes:). I just finished Legs & Glutes, 51 minutes of breath-stealing, pain-filled fun! :eek: I decided that I will get no where if I don't start to push myself a little more, so I'm adding one or two advanced workouts per week. I need it. Anyway, I really liked this one, even though I had to modify a few of the moves. My behind is toast now, which is a good feeling. I'd say I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but I'm feeling it now!

I hope you are all well. Please stay that way and have a great day!

Magnolia

Good afternoon everyone!

My cold is lifting now a little, so I popped in to get motivated! Legs and Glutes is an old favorite of mine Magnolia! I like anything that works the lower half. I am glad you feel gooood!

I never got into the the 4 day series Linda, I think I will take another look- at the time that it came new, I didn't like the step routine so I put it aside. But anything that burns alot of calories deserves a new try!

I have been re-reading the burn the fat manual again, Joan. I am getting psyched again- this time, I think I am going to weigh and measure and plan and get fanatic. Were you reading about the guy that lost over 100 pounds and how he did it? Once I get the math done, I am going to follow a 3 day, 1 day zig zag plan. I still think that the book is hard to follow.

Well, I am off to w/o, not sure what yet...

HI all!!
I've been keeping up with my rotation. Monday I did free weights from my old PT. She put together a pretty good routine and I didn't feel like a DVD. :rolleyes:
Yesterday was treadmill and 3 hours out in the yard. :D:D:D Today's plan is a hare w/o I think Jenn's TLT and then back outside. :D:D:D

Have a good one ladies!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everyone!

Well, I hurt my back again yesterday. :eek: I have been icing it and taking Advil. I'm going to call my chiropractor in a little while. Hopefully, he'll say it's okay to walk as long as I don't overdo--the weather here is really beautiful, and the forecast is for more of the same this week--it's about time! When I'm able to workout again, maybe I should concentrate on pilates and workouts that strengthen my back first!

Hope you all have a great day.

Magnolia

Good morning,

Mother's surgery went well but doctor got behind and made us wait an extra 2 hours.

Magnolia take care of that back. You might have to ease back in to exercise.

Beth I agree about diet. I just wish I had plan already made. Right now I don't feel like I have time to think about eating.

Yea I was down 1lb on Monday. It only took two weeks. I can't complain because I didn't write anything down.

Joan

I am having a difficult time getting use to the time change. I'm going to bed at midnight and can't get up at 7:00 am so I sleep in until 8:00am.

I didn't do my planned workout for today.....had very low energy, but walked my yorkie for about 40 min. It was a beautiful day....loved the sunshine.

Magnolia - Hope your back gets better soon!

Joan C - Glad your mother's surgery went well. Yea on the 1 lb down!

Take care everyone!

Good Afternoon, Y'all

Joan, congrats on the weight loss.

Linda, it took me a day or two to get used to the time change, too. Having to get up Sunday morning at 5:30 (make that 4:30) didn't help much, either. I took naps a couple of days and made myself go to bed a little earlier. It's rough.

I went to my chiropractor today, who told me that I just strained a muscle. So I am going to ice my back and go back Friday for one more adjustment. It already feels better. I think I will be walking the rest of this week (the weather is wonderful). He said I should be fine by the weekend.

Beth, I really like Legs & Glutes, too, but my chiropractor said stay away from it for a couple of weeks. I think I am going to have to ease back into working out. Probably concentrating on strengthening my back as soon as I can start back is going to work better for me.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Where is everybody?

It's a beautiful day here, so I got out for about a 35-minute brisk walk and some easy stretching. Back still hurts, so I'll have to see how it is tomorrow when I go back for my appointment.

Hope you are all well and having a great day.

Magnolia

Good morning,

I think everyone is enjoying the Spring-like weather! My yorkie and I have been enjoying our 40 min walks....she is so cute. If dogs could smile, she was smiling very big.

Yesterday I did 4DS - LIS and today I did 4DS - Boot Camp. I like this series...feel like I get a total body workout plus I'm lifting heavier weights than usual.

I've got to pack again. I will be at my sister's taking care of Mom today through Tuesday morning. I've planned my workouts for those days. My sister has a nice workout area for me to use.

Magnolia - Hope your back gets better every day!

You all have a great weekend!

Hi, everyone.

Weather is too beautiful here! :cool: I just returned from my chiropractor, under whose orders I may not go out for that 3-mile walk I am craving. :( I have the usual specific orders for not doing very much. It's okay, I would rather have a healthy back than to keep re-injuring it. Actually, after this visit, it seems a little better.

Hope you are all enjoying the spring weather as much as you can. Have a wonderful weekend.

Magnolia

hey all

Hey Magnolia and Linda!!! I have been popping in and reading but everytime I start to add to the conversation someone interupts!

Magnolia, I feel for you with your back! Not even being able to take a walk is enough to make you crazy I bet! How does pilates feel? Or maybe you could bike?

Linda, good idea to have your workouts all planned out for your trip! I hope your weekend is stress free!!

I am still fighting this cold and working too- so, I haven't done anything! I am afraid to work up a sweat because I start coughing and can't stop- I am going to take my own advice and do some pilates- I am looking forward to Saturday and sleeping in- this week of time change has always been exhausting for me as long as I can remember the time changing-- love the fall back but hate the spring forward!

Ive been reading one post up from us on the sourdough starter and my stomach is growling! Check it out!!:p

Hi, there.

He told me not to do anything the whole weekend, but I go back for another adjustment on Monday, so I get the next installment of when I can start back with an exercise routine. Yes, it is certainly making me crazy, but he's an excellent chiropractor, so I'm gonna be good and take it easy this weekend.

Stay well.

Magnolia

Hi all! I have been loving this weather. I've been pruning, edging, bagging, mulching, trimming, and planting :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D all week.
Tomorrow we are off on one of our day trips. LOVE THIS WEATHER -
springsmile.gif
2uge4p4.gif
bliss.gif

Magnolia take care of that back!
Linda Sounds like a good plan for your exercises. Prayers for your parents.
Beth ugh that cold is still with you... shoooo bug shoooo!! ;)

oh jann, i love your little spring smilies.:)
well, i am wore out, hte kids are home w/dad this weekend, but they are coming back on sunday. so, i am gonna rest tomorrow. have not worked out, but i have managed to walk about 5-6 miles everyday outside w/the kids riding and playing and stuff.

so, just a brief check-in and will ttyl.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.