50 and over week of June 29 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good evening all,

Saturday I counted my late Friday Kickmax for my wo. I have been busy all weekend trying to get addresses for my HS reunion.

Sunday we drove to a local winery. It was only 87 degrees.

It's still early so I might get a wo in. I really need to get caught up by Friday. We decided today that we would go see my ds in Portland, OR.
Fortunately (unfortunately) next week is the only time we can go. We leave Friday July 3 and get back late Sunday July 12. At least that is the rest week, if I get done.

I will bbl if I get a wo in.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Joan, I hope you have a safe trip and a great visit with your ds. I don't think my hs class does reunions anymore. They started having to combine with the year after us, and I didn't know a lot of those people. Not a snob or anything, I was just shy and I didn't know them.

I did Burn Circuit 1 this morning. I raised weights on some of the exercises, and I can feel it. But legs are getting harder, anyway.

Gotta go--lots of studying and house stuff to do today. The grocery store, UGH!! :eek:

Have a great day. :D

Magnolia

Hey, everyone!

Saturday was a clean the whole house day, so no workout that day (except said housework!). Therefore, I did Kickmax /Bootcamp Challenge yesterday. What was great was that I got DH to do it with me, and our 6 yr. old DD jumped in for some, too! This is what I love about an active lifestyle - my kids see us being active and follow suit.

Today, I did Disc #22. My 1RM seem to be a little out of whack on this. Incline chest flies, I had to go up in weight. Then overhead press for shoulders and on triceps, I had to go down 8-10 pounds. I might redo my test totals, just guestimate the correct lbs.

This is the week my family is coming, so after today I might be hit and miss. If I don't check in, it's just because I'm visiting with them.

Joan, enjoy your trip. You'll get whatever workouts you can, then don't worry about it!
Magnolia, I hope you remember to eat before the grocery store trip - I made that mistake last week and yikes!!

TTFN,

Hi all !!

Tricia I did disc 22 today also. I felt my weights were off as well. I actually upped the flat bench and had to lower on the incline bench. :confused: Triceps were OK because I had to do the triceps push ups on my knees... so I didn't feel it like I should have when I went to kickbacks. When I picked up my weights for kickbacks I pushed harder. Shoulders seemed ok today. House Max is a good workout!

Magnolia - Burn Lady Burn!! :p

Joan Traveling over the 4th - :eek: Have fun! So you drove to a local winery -- taste anything good?

I have to take my car in for service tomorrow -- oh the fun. I really want to get more cardio in. The days just go to darn fast.

Good evening all,

I really had planned a wo today, but didn't have the time. I worked all day and this evening got all the invitations to the reunion stuffed in envelopes, addressed and stamped.

Jann You know how I said I couldn't see how you got a blister from armband? I still don't know how but my arm has red welt on it. I didn't think I had done anything different.

I only like the sweet wines so we had a good raspberry wine.

I'm going to try to do 21 and 22 Tuesday and 23 and 24 on Thursday.

Magnolia Our class only had 111 kids in it. We were all pretty close and usually have a good turn out. Unfortunately, everyone says they want to help but nobody does. I'm not sure how many reunions we would have if I didn't find the addresses, and prepare the mailing.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Did Basic Step this morning and Stability Ball Abs. I like to switch my cardios up, because I do get bored if I don't. Basic Step is short and it's one of my favorites, so I often do it if I am pinched for time.

Tricia, I do grab a snack before going to the store, but I hate the grocery store so much, I just try to get out of there as fast as I can. I go by a general rule of grocery shopping, and that is to stick mostly to the outer perimeter of the store, where they usually locate the fresh veggies, meats & dairy. I think it's so wonderful that you and your dh are good examples for you little ones.

Joan, I don't think anyone from my HS class is interested anymore. You know, in just about every group I've ever been a part of, there are always a lot of people who want to come to the party, but only a few who are willing do the work to make it possible.

Jann, Beth and Cathy, hope all is well with you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

Jann You know how I said I couldn't see how you got a blister from armband? I still don't know how but my arm has red welt on it. I didn't think I had done anything different.Joan
What I had was more like welts also. Actually I still have red marks there. My husband had said they looked like blisters, so that's what I thought they were. I did have two though.
I only like the sweet wines so we had a good raspberry wine.Joan
Yum!

Good evening all,

Just a quick check in because I am sooooo tired. I just finished disc 21 and disc 22. I could really tell that this was the first time at 80% 1rm.

I don't like wearing the armband all the time but if I don't I won't have as much activity.

Joan

Joan doing two disc back to back, NO wonder you are tired women! :D

Disc 22 for me today. bbl to check in.

Hi, Y'All.

Just did Burn Circuit 2 and followed it with a segment of Total Body Stretching, which seems to have calmed down my muscles a lot. Usually I am still shaking after one of those workouts. The older I get, the more I love & appreciate stretching.

Joan, I admire your determination and what I am sure is very hard work. I am not sure right now I could handle one of those discs at a time, let alone two! I am just trying to get strong enough to start STS.

For STS, do you really need a pull-up bar, or is there a good modification you can do instead?

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

I did disc 23 legs.. gesh I can't seem to keep the numbers straight.:p Legs I did legs today -- I do know that for sure!! :D

Magnolia you don't have to have a pull up bar. Cathe always shows modifications and for pull ups you can use a resistance toning tube. They come in different strengths. http://www.shopcathe.com/Latex_Resistance_Toning_Tube_Red_Heavy_p/1211411.htm
1211411-2T.jpg
Amazon sells them also and they are a bit cheaper with no shipping... if you buy a little something else. ;)

Hello, ladies. I'm just jumping on to tell you that I did Cardio Fusion yesterday, All Step Cardio. Whew! That's surprisingly tough! I'm pushing today's STS to tomorrow, since the fam is leaving out early. May be doing Bootcamp cardio only today, my 16 yo niece wants to do a workout with me before she leaves. (HEEHEEHEE)!

Got back about 3:30 today from Fort Jackson, my oldest nephew graduated boot camp today!! He was picked to carry the flag for his company, so he was the first private on the field - my sister and I cried like a couple of babies! It is an amazing feeling, watching these children that we've nurtured grow into such wonderful people. As you can see, I'm very proud of our soldier!

Have a great Friday, everyone - once things calm down I'll be able to read all the posts and get caught up,

Good evening,

I didn't get cardio in Wednesday but I really want to get last two discs in tonight. Since I'm not done packing yet I'm not sure that is going to happen.

I ate 1/3 cup potato salad today and am so bloated I gained 3 inched in waist. Nothing fits.

Magnolia, I went to the gym and used the assisted pull up machine. I did order the bar for next time through.

Tricia, Go easy on your niece. Congratulations for the honor for your nephew.

I'll "see" you all on Sunday the 12th.

Joan

Hi, Y'All.

Joan, have a safe trip and a great time.

Jann, thanks for the info. With a small space and the nearest gym a drive, that sounds do-able.

Tricia, congrats for your soldier! My ds is an Army MP. He returned from Bagdad in March, and is now stationed at Ft. Benning, Ga, near my grandson and daughter-in-law. He's a career guy, he just signed up for another six years.

I'm half way through the Burn Phase. I've only lost a pound or two, but every time I get serious about food, there's some party or other. Well, all the birthday celebrations for the family are over for the rest of the summer, and after the Fourth, I can settle down! (I hope)

Hi, there, Beth and Cathy!

I hope everyone has a Great Fourth!

Magnolia

Tricia I would have cried too! :D Congrats to your nephew!
Magnolia You are welcome. I used both the tubing and a pull up bar to mix things up a bit.
Joan Have a great time! See ya when you get back. There's always time to get in those workouts.

I FINISHED Meso 2 today - :D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool:
Next week I'll be doing cardio then I'll be going to California for some vacation time until the 23rd. I am not sure when or if I'll start Meso 3. To be honest I've read that so many people hurt their backs doing meso 3 it scares me a bit. I may redo Meso 2 then try Meso 3 when I feel I am stronger. I'll see after vacation -- I may Have To redo meso 2 by then - ;)

Happy 4th!

way cool, jann. i will start wk4 of m1 tomorrow. i can't believe how fast it goes. and i cna't believe how much i don't remember of meso 1. seems like i've never even done them. well, hot, dry and yucky here again. it was 99' at 8pm tonite. just no fun. will be very glad when this summer is over.
cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.