50 and over week of June 15 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Hi Jann, Tricia, Magnolia, Beth and Cathy,

I got ambitious and did a 41 minute premix of Step Blast and a 28 minute premix of step, jump and pump and disc 15 Sunday.

I think I will switch disc 16 and 17 so I don't have two upper body in a row.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Joan

Good morning!
I was hoping this week would start out better than last week, but, no, I broke a piece off of a crown last night. So I’ll be calling the dentist first thing this morning. :mad: Last week was so crazy. I did get in all the STS workouts - not much cardio though, unless you include all the running around I had to do.

Tricia I am feeling stronger also from STS. Yes I agree that my cardio has improved as well.

Joan I hope those knees are doing better!! It sounds like you have a VERY productive Sunday workouts!

Cathy were you able to figure out that avatar stuff?

Hey Beth and Magnolia!

I am going to get my workout in early here this morning (as soon as I get off the computer) doing disc 16 chest and shoulders. I think disc 14 made me the most sore I have been on STS. I was feeling it for a good 3 days last week - :confused:
bbl

Shoulders and triceps done! :) After all that shoulder work then onto lying extensions, when we went to the the ball I had to lighten my weights for the triceps work. My shoulders wouldn't let me raise a heavy weight over my head while on the ball - :eek: wow Luckily I was able to jump back with the kick backs... :)

Last edited:
Good afternoon all,

Jann I thought disc 14 was the first to have major doms for legs too. I just thought it was me because I only did static lunges for all lunges wo much weight in meso 1. I hate to give that up but I could hear knee caps scraping.

I really need to do legs today since I did disc 15 yesterday. I will look at disc 17 and see if I can modify or will look at other discs floor work.

BBL

Joan

Hi, Y'All.

Hope you are all doing well. Sorry about the tooth, Jann.

The trip was wonderful, and I really have a great DH. Evidently, he had been saving for this occasion. We stayed in my favorite hotel in Atlanta, he had gotten tickets for the Braves' game (behind home plate), and when we got there, my DIL's family were there waiting for us!:D We had a great time, it would have been better if the Braves had won :(, but it was an exciting game. We went to all my favorite eateries and spent a lot of time with my grandson & DIL.

We got back really late last night, so I gave myself a "jet lag" day to get stuff done & because of lack of sleep last night. Will crank up tomorrow.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Thanks!
Welcome back Magnolia! Sounds like you had a GREAT Birthday! High-five to the hubby! :D Sorry about the Braves....:(

Joan I forget to mention, I had to stop wearing my GWF. I have two blisters on my arm from wearing it. I tried to wear it in a different spot but, it always seems to go back to the middle area. :confused: So I am ball parking my numbers for right now. ----- always something. :confused:

Hello Ladies!

I took Saturday and Sunday off - Saturday was a crazy errand day that wore me out, then my son was up 4-5 times that night coughing and feverish. (And all this after the Stanley Cup Final awesomeness that happened FRIDAY night!!) SO, yesterday I was extremely tired and just knew it wouldn't be a good idea to add heavy weight to the equation.

Today, I got in disc 15 and felt great! DH assisted me on the chin-ups/pull-ups, so I had 12 reps, 8 reps and 7 reps on those. I like this one, except the barbell rows were very heavy....

I'm going to have to rearrange my workouts to try and get back on schedule, maybe I'll do Disc 17 tomorrow, then Disc 16 on Weds, so that by Thursday I'll be back on schedule without putting any upper body back to back. What do you think? I might do some cardio tonight, since I'm feeling good today. Might jump on the treadmill for a while. Too bad it's in the garage, because I feel like if could get caught up on all my DVR'd stuff, I'd walk constantly!!

Wow, Joan - Stepblast premix into SJP premix, then into STS #15??? "WonderWoman"!!
Keep up the good work!

Jann, way to go with the weights on Triceps. I know I have to go down on some exercises, but I try to rebound on the next round also. Like Cathe says, do what you can for that day and if you can go heavier, GO FOR IT.

Magnolia, it sounds like you had a birthday to remember - aren't those the best! Glad to see you back.

Ok, I've got a question for you all - how do you figure what weight to use when there isn't a 1RM listed. For example, I don't have a 1RM for those sliding side lunges with the plate, so I used an 8 lb. in Meso 1, then was able to go up to 12 last week for legs. Do I stay at 12? I'm trying to get it figured out without having to do a day of 1RM testing. I'd love to hear your suggestions or ideas.

Have a great night, C ya tomorrow.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks Tricia! I stole this from Joan [/FONT][FONT=&quot];)

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]15-20 reps 60-70% 1rm [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]10-14 reps 70-80% [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]4-9 reps 80-90% [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]2-3 reps 95%[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]For the side lounges w/plates I used my one legged squat weight.[/FONT]

30 minutes slow jog on the treadmill. It's all I had energy for. Burned almost 200 calories... I'll take it!

Happy Tuesday, All!! (It is Tuesday, isn't it?)

I finished Disc #17 Legs + Extended Stretch a little bit ago. Boy, those weights are getting up there! I used a @!@##@#$%$ 40 lb. Dumbbell for those wide stance plie squats. Good Lord! I like these tri-sets, though. Only 10 reps to huff my way through, then I'm on to the next thing. I always stayed on the safe side with my weights because Cathe is notorious for throwing many, many different rep patterns at you on any given exercise. This is refreshing.

Oh, and I did Ab Circuits Pilates Based last night. I made it through much better this time. Just love to see improvement when these come back around again!

Jann, thanks for stealing that formula - I'll put it to good use!

Well, I'm off to check on the munchkins!

TTYL,

Good morning all,

Sorry to be missing in action. Didn't get wo in Monday. I ended up babysitting in the evening after working all day. (I know that doesn't happen very often unless it's tax season):)

Monday night I had toothache. That never happens but it was the one I just got filling in. I got an appointment with dentist yesterday but then my car wouldn't start. I got car to start by wiggling the battery cable and with a puff of smoke I was able to drive to mechanic. Fortunately they just had to replace the connections to the battery. There isn't much under the hood to breakdown anymore. I think aggravation should count as exercise.

Now I am behind two days. I have no idea what I will do today because I don't feel like doing anything.

Jann I hope tooth is fixed. Do you think it is catching?

Magnolia Trip sounds great. You better keep that dh.

Tricia 40lbs! WOW

Hi Beth and Cathy.

Joan

Hi, Y'all!

Tricia! 40 lbs.--I'm impressed! ;)

Joan, sorry about the car trouble and the tooth trouble. Hope both are well now.

I decided to get serious :confused:, so I changed my diet to healthier choices and less volume and re-started CLX. Yesterday, I did Burn Circuit 1, which left me nice and sore this morning :eek:. I'm using 20 lb. dumbbells on squats & bench presses. Since the weather forecast indicates that today is supposed to be the last beautiful day this week, I decided to get in a 3-mile interval walk, followed by a segment of Total Body Stretching. I love Cathe's stretching videos--they are definitely the best!

Jann, how's your garden doing?

Hi, Beth & Cathy!

Have a great evening, Ladies!

Magnolia

Ok, everybody - quick question for you...

I did Disc 15 on Monday (Back & Biceps), and Disc 17 (Legs) yesterday. I really think I should do cardio today, but that will put me doing Disc 16 (Chest, Shoulders & Triceps) on Thursday, with Disc 18 (Back & Biceps) on Friday, with cardio on Saturday & Sunday.

Do you think that's too much consecutive arm work? OR should I go with the arm workout today, cardio tomorrow, then Friday for Back and Biceps? This seems like it will break it up more - I just don't want to burn myself out by doing 3 consecutive days of weights. Sorry if this is confusing, I'm going to see what DH thinks and try to start right after supper, so if you've got any ideas, throw them out there!

BBL,

Tricia you are welcome. 40 lb for the plie squats :cool:!!

Joan I hope my tooth problem is not contagious - ;) As it turned out I didn't crack my crown only chipped it so the Dentist was able to save it. :D

Magnolia High 5's girl on those 20 pounders!! My garden is getting a real good rain today. It's been raining all day, just a nice rain. :)

I did disc 17 today! I agree with Tricia I like those tri sets!!

Hi girls. My cardio consisted of house cleaning and catching up on some yard work between the rain storms. I just can't get motivated in doing step or any hi/lo workouts these days.... :(
I did do a lot of computer work that I have been putting off. Even though I didn't get my heart rate up, I got done a lot of odds and ends I've been putting off done. :)

Hi Girls,

I got my cardio in today, finally! (Jann, getting some computer work done should count as cardio, because the stress level will go DOWN now that it's done!). I got back on track, so today I actually did the Bootcamp Premix #1 PLUS the Cardio Quick Fix, and Ab Circuits NO Equipment Abs. It was so hot/sticky today that I was soaked! (It was cute, my 6 year old said "Wow Mommy, you're already sweatin' and you just got started!" - She thought I looked gross when I was FINISHED!)

Oh, and Jann - yardwork IS considered acceptable cardio at our house! We've also been dodging storms here, seems like every day at suppertime the news is talking about the storms in our area. (Said 6yo is freaked out daily and now hates thunder.)

Well, tomorrow might be an off day, since DH is leaving for work Sunday. We'll try to do something tomorrow to celebrate Father's Day & our Anniversary. Poor guy is always getting jipped on "his" holidays - has to share this one w/me! Maybe I'll get up early and get Disc 18 in, so I can enjoy the day!

Hello to Beth, Joan, Magnolia and Cathy! have a great Friday!!

Tricia I have to admit getting the work done did help with the stress level. :) Thanks for the encouragement. Happy anniversary!

I did disc 18 today. I added some weight to the barbell rows, they just didn't seem heavy enough... Gotta get outside before it gets to hot today. Or I should say humid. :confused:

Hey to Beth, Joan, Magnolia and Cathy! Have a good one.

Good morning, Joan, Jann, Beth, Tricia and Cathy!

Is the whole world having lots of rain & thunderstorms? We've had lots of rain and storms here, too. Well, I guess it is still spring, at least until Sunday.

Yesterday, I did Burn Circuit 2, and it absolutely wore me out. I was so tired, and today is another busy day. Due to the hectic day I am facing and the fact that I am still tired from yesterday, I think I am going to take a rest day today.

Stay well, everyone, and have a great day.

Magnolia

Magnolia some days are just like that! I find in the summer working outside and being so much more active I have to take that extra rest day from weights all the time.

We are cleaning out my DH's office in the city today. He has been working from home and we don't use it so why renew the lease? So I'll be getting a lot of cardio today!! :)
Have a great weekend ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.