50 and over week of July 25 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning all,

I even slept another 8 hours last night. That was a surprise after all the sleep yesterday.

Just getting us started. I hope to get a wo in today.

Joan

Good afternoon, Y'All.

More housework max today. I'm finished for now. Hopefully, I will spend tomorrow getting the front porch shaped up, weather permitting.

There was a sudden storm just a little while ago. Lots of wind, and lots of branches down in the back yard. The storm didn't last very long, and DH has already cleaned them up.

Taking the rest of the day off with a good movie.

Have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

Jann Hope you have a good vacation.

Is the Turbo Fire Hiit?

It seems like it would be as tough on the joints as shock cardio.

I'm still trying to get a short leg wo in today.

Joan

Hi all -- Wanted to pop in and say Good Monday Morning!! :D
Joan Turbo Fire is called intense cardio conditioning. I copied and pasted this from my pal Cindi

The basic set comes with a Sculpt 30 class and a Tone 30 class. They are both total body resistance workout that seem to use a good amount of compound moves like squat and bicep curl. The Advanced set has an Upper 20 class and Lower 20 class.

I'm looking at the rotation in more detail...
Some weeks of the rotation have NO sculpting workouts at all which I think is interesting.
All weeks have 1 rest day. Weeks 1-8 and 13-16 also have 1 day of core+stretch only, so 5 days of serious workouts.
Weeks 9-11 and 17-20 have 6 workout days and no stretch day/core day.
Almost all of the days have two workouts, with the 10 stretch class as the second class. But there are some days that have two regular workouts like HIIT 20 + Sculpt 30 for example. I don't see any days that are over 60 minutes except for the Fire 60 glass + 10 stretch
Basic set:
Sculpting band and tape measure

DVDs in a small book like case. Each DVD is in it's own slot, not on a flat board like CLX. It is more like how they P90X dvd's were packaged. There are extra pages for the advanced workouts.

5-day inferno plan - a 5 day eating plan and assigned workout schedule. They tell you not to go more than 5 days with this plan. Each day is about 1200 calories which you are supposed to eat if your bodyfat is above 20%. If it is below 20%, you can add 100 calories for every 10 pounds you weigh above 140. The workouts alternate between the 55 minute Turbofire class and the 45 minute Turbo+20 minute hiit class.

Class schedule - 20 week plan. Weeks 1-12 include just the basic DVDs, Weeks 13-16 include the advanced DVD's except for the 30 Hiit one which doesn't show up until weeks 17-20. The schedule goes in 4 week cycles, 3 weeks on, 1 week recovery.
- Cycle 1 includes 2 HIIT classes/week (15 and 20 only)
- Cycle 2 has no HIIT workouts
- Cycle 3 has 3 HIIT classes/week (15, 20, 25 mixed in)
- Cycle 4 has no HIIT workouts
- Cycle 5 has 3 HIIT classes/week including the advanced 30 minute HIIT

Tubo Fire Turn up the Burn book - Describes the program and the DVD's. Also gives you an 8 week 'prep' program if you are not yet ready for HIIT workouts. AND gives you a CLX/Turbo Fire 20 week rotation that you can start right after Turbo Fire.

Turbo Fire Fuel the Fire book - Clean eating guidelines, some recipes, and guidance on how to set your calorie level.

The Advanced DVD's came in a similar flat book to CLX advanced workouts. A Turbo Tracker also came with the advanced DVDs. It's a small journal with tabs for Stats/The Inferno plan, 12 weeks of daily tracking and some food stats. It's actually a pretty nice journal.
I am not doing the series as written. I've been pulling workouts out and doing them with other workouts.

Last edited:
Turbo Fire -- wanted to add there is a modifier that shows low impact. If you have done any of Chalene's Turbo Jam cardio -- it's just like that x 1000!! :D:D

I have one of Chalene's Turbo Jam workouts that came with Chalene Extreme. Maybe I'll try it and see if TurboFire might be something I could do. Thanks, Jann.

Have a super vacation.

Magnolia

Thanks Jann for the explanation. I would like a modifier but don't want to buy anything. Decisions, decisions.

Still tired but I feel so much better. No wo yesterday except 20 slowwwww minutes on the treadmill.

I lost 1.8lb at my official weigh in. .8 from calorie deficit and probably 1 lb from water. I wouldn't be surprised to gain that back in the next couple of days.

Joan

Good morning again!

I just finished Body Fusion. It's about moderate--not a big challenge, but enough to get me started. It teaches a lot of Cathe's steps, and I like to practice them so I can get more out of workouts to come. Anyway, it gave me a good sweat.

After I jumped on the scales this morning, I decided that it is time for me to get serious. :eek: I won't say how much I gained, but it's more than I thought. South Beach, here I come.

Well, got to get to the store again this morning. Maybe I'll zip through and burn more calories!

Have a great day, ladies!

Magnolia

wow! ya'll have been chatty this morning. :). i am soooo tired today. think i am gonna rest, cuz i have to work this afternoon and it is so hot. i'll probalby be outside in the heat trotting horses or something for one of the vets. so, not sure if i'll get a aworkout in or not.
ttyl

this is yesterday's post and i put it on last week's, so here it is for this week. :)

yes, i do , magnolia. i love them, but i am a big tracie fan. i think she is a super instructor. they are not like cathe at all. more of the firm style, w/more functional training. i did back up today, it is the one w/sports drills as the cardio. it is really fun.

joan, i have days like that, where i am so exhausted i can hardly move. it is hard to rest all day, but i always feel better the next day.

dern, i've have not been following my WW regimen and feel like i have gained a few lbs. feel like a pig. i ate out 2x today. dum, dum, dum! gotta do better. my dil is pregnant and can't do WW so i have kinda slipped w/out her to do it with.

Good morning,

Cathy congratulations on soon to be grandbaby. I'm pretty sure I will only ever have 2. My younger son just doesn't seem likely to find someone who wants a family.

I agree it sure does help if someone else is helping you keep on track with diet. I seem to be doing ok right now. I think for me it will be a good idea to go to a maintenance level of calories every once in a while. I will always need to count calories even when I'm not on a diet.

I am only still doing the treadmill. I wonder if I don't bother to do weights because I am still losing. I think the first time through STS I stopped losing but of course it was because I stopped counting calories.

Joan

hey ya'll, today i did the firm's total muscle shaping w/stephanie. total body AWT. upper body intense.

my computer is being very weird. don't know if this is gonna post or not.

Good noon, Y'all.

Cathy, your post came through just fine. I have been looking at Tracie's latest workouts and at least two of them interest me. I like to have short (but intense) options at times when I'm very busy. Those all look good to me. BTW, I don't blame you for being a fan of Tracie's. She is fantastic. :D

I had very low energy this morning, so I decided to stick to Cathe's Body Fusion (which is a gradual, but sweaty, workout). It was exactly what I needed today, and revved me up for the housework to come. Think I will make a note of that somewhere for low energy days.

Since things have evened out for us somewhat, I have decided to start my "fall cleaning" early. I missed spring cleaning, and need to get things together before I start back to school. Today, I'll be cleaning out our bedroom.

Have a super day, Ladies.

Magnolia

Thank you Magnolia,

I haven't been working out other that a little treadmill because I just have felt too tired with cold and sore throat. I keep thinking of just a wo but I decided your cleaning idea was good. Not enough energy for a spring cleaning but have started with bedroom and laundry. I do a little and stop then do some more. I always forget that I burn more calories cleaning than with a dvd.

Joan

i havent' worked out the last 2 days either, joan, i have been just so tired and i am gearing up for the august rotation. so, i'm jsut resting. well, resting is relative around here w/g/kids, horse, chores and all that. but, anyway not working out.

Hello!!

Just stopping in to say...."HELP ME, I'm cleaning and I can't stop!!!"

I have been on a tear cleaning, painting and redoing floors around here- I haven't had any formal exercise in 10 days, but the house is looking good!

I'm with Cathy, I am going to try to get ready for an August Rotation..

I have lost about 15 pounds on the metabolic research diet and it is continuing to come off.. I guess it is easier to lose the pounds while exercising less-- go figure..

Be back when the dust clears

I planned to start August 1 to exercise too. But you are right I have lost so much better with just cardio. I'm almost afraid to change what I have been doing.

Beth what is your diet like?

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.