50 and over week of July 11 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

Magnolia Take care of your boys. We'll be here when you get time. I was 12-13 when my father died. I don't think I ever realized back then how hard it was for my mother.

Yesterday was the first time in a week I reduced calories but at least I didn't eat more than I used the other days.

Today we might go to a winery so I have planned for 2 glasses of wine and fruit and cheese. I should be able to keep calories down since I planned.

Joan

Ditto -- Magnolia. Enjoy your family. We are always here... :)

Joan instead of a weight training DVD do you have any circuit DVD's? Like high step circuit or low impact circuit. That way you get cardio and just a bit of weights. :)

Hello Ladies! Yes I'm still ALIVE!!! I really thought that after Josh's graduation and party that I would have a little down time. But, NOOOO!!! Now it's getting him ready for college, Drs. appts., registration, orientation, etc, and he is working at Kroger.

As for me, my workouts have been a little sporadic and so has my eating, so I actually am now down to my goal weight. 125!!! Probably won't last long......I start school tomorrow and I am taking 2 classes this time. I might regret that!

No workout today, I am still recovering from a cold that has left me with no energy. But yesterday I did Pyramid upper body(the premix). So today I am working on my closet.....been working on it for 3 days and I am about to see daylight.

The heat here has been incredibly horrible, though I know it has for you guys as well. Today its 94 YUCK!!!! That could also relate to the "no energy". The air is as thick as pea soup.

I'll try not to be gone so long this time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Deb

oh man, i'm sorry ya'll. i did n't see this so i started another one. but, i'm gonna copy & paste here. okie dokie???

ok, i just did BBBB, and REACH FURTHER/FArther, whatever it is.
man, oh man, i ma fried!!!!!
tracie, you hit the nail on the head a the begining of reach farther. IT IS NOT EASY!!!!!!!!!!!! i was thinking i'd have a nice litter stretch after BBBB. WRONG!!!!! super duper workout. why i thought that i have not idea, i've done it once, but , whew, don't remember it being that hard.!!!!

Deb Send your son to my house if it can get me to get to 125lb. Good job. Probably wouldn't work I'm more likely to eat when I have a lot to do.

Joan

Hi Deb!! GOAL
6.gif
clap.gif

Thanks Joan, Thanks Jann!!!!!

Joan, I'd be glad to send him to your house, and I wouldn't count on eating more, cause HE belongs to the "clean plate no leftover club",LOL. Well, I don't know how long this goal will last, but I did buy a pair of size 6 capris the other day and haven't worn them yet, so I'd better be mindful.

No official workout today, unless you count stripping beds and vacuuming 2 sets of steps. Yep, I'm counting it cause I have school tonight and must read my chapter.

Have a great day!

Deb

HouseMax is a workout we decided a while back!! :D:D

I did KCM Plyo cardio. Good little workout! No weights burned 200+ calories in 30+ minutes. This one is like a warm up to Cathe's 30/30 :p

Good morning, Y'All.

Congrats, Deb!! Glad to hear from you.

Well, if housemax counts, I had a whole day of it yesterday! Have to get ready for the boys, who will be here tonight. Still a little to do, but they won't be here until this evening, so I have plenty of time.

We had a nice weekend here, but now it's hot again. At least it's not quite as bad as it was!

Hope you all have a great day. I'll check back if I can, but here's hoping you all have a great week. :D

Magnolia

Good afternoon,

Magnolia I know you will have a good week. I always love it when my "babies" are home.

I had my "handyman" client look at son's roof. I told dil if it only had a year or two left on it I would I would have him put new roof on before he retires. He's 70 and does a wonderful job. I told her that in 20 year it wouldn't be my problem someone else could find a roofer. She said oh no that I could do it because 70 is the new 50. I said yes but I would be 80. She really was shocked not just being polite. The laser treatments must be working at least a little.

I've been on treadmill everyday. At least I'm doing something.

Joan

HI all! Joan sounds like those laser treatments ARE working!! I just spoke to my skin doc about having them done in the fall. I am excited about it.

Magnolia Enjoy those boys!!

I did basic step today followed by 3 hours of yard work. Not that I could mow the brown grass - :confused: - I pulled weeds, trimmed back plants and flowers, did some weed eating to pretty the edges up, and pulled more weeds. RAIN we need rain....

Hi all -

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. I have my sewing machine out today. I am always letting things pile up... it's taking me hours to catch up on my fix it cloths. :confused:

howdy ya'll, well, busy day with g/kids, horses, friends over to ride and the like. no workout today, but worked outside, walked, saddled, and all that. tomorrow is super body sculpt , an old firm w/stephanie, all weights. so, ttyl, very tired

Good morning,

I took mother to doctor's appt Wed. He made us wait an hour. With lunch and getting a prescription it took about 3 hours in 95 degree heat. When we got home my mother was only able to go up 6 of the 8 steps in my split foyer house. I had her sit on the top which was the living room floor. I thought I could get her stood up if we got in the living room. It didn't work and I pulled something in my back. After about an hour and a half we went back to the stairs and since she was in a sitting position instead of flat we got her standing. I had called my brother and between the two of us we got her up the last two steps.

It really had me in a panic because I didn't think she could stay with me if I couldn't get her up and down the stairs. I looked into senior appts and assisted living but I couldn't afford that for long. After much research I think I found a way to put in an elevator. A chair lift on the stairs won't work I looked into it when she fell the last time.

At least Wed was the only high (maintenance) eating day and that was planned since we were going out to eat. I think she would be able to get up stairs but she was weaker because of the heat.

I will still look into the elevator because it won't be long before she can't get up steps. I may need it someday.:D

I've still been walking on treadmill. At least now I have an excuse for not lifting.

Joan

{{Joan}} my goodness. What about a ramp? You could get a motorized scooter. My dad had one. Loved it a little to much - ;) or was these steps inside? Maybe a wheel chair for those days?

I did an oldie this morning Firm Cardio Sculpt w/Allie from the fanny lifter days. I love this workout. I am already feeling it in my thutt area!! :confused:

I ordered the BB Turbo Fire. It came seconds ago. I am going to check it out a bit this afternoon. :D

We use a wheel chair when we go out. Inside she just uses her cane because she doesn't walk that far. The steps are inside.

WHEW!! BUSY WEEKEND! dil & g/kids here, son out-of-town. everyone just left, trying to get house clean and get in a weight w/out.

bbl hopefully

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.