50 and over week of January 24 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning ladies,

Since it was Sunday I was just thinking what I am thankful for. Near the top of the list was all of my forum friends. I have a place to tell people who will understand my problems and frustrations. While I am only down 1lb from when I started over a year ago, I realize I would be 20lbs heavier without you. I don't really love to exercise. I like exercise but love to talk with all of you. Having you all here get's me back into exercising much more quickly than if I were on my own.

Of course saying that I better do something today. Because no wo on Saturday.

BBL.

Joan

Hi, Ladies.

I agree with Joan. I haven't lost much weight over the past year, but all of you inspire me to keep going. :D I probably would have given up by now if not for this group. Thanks all of you.

Magnolia

I love coming here too! It's nice to know there are other women going through the same thing as I am. It's been fun and motivating getting to know each of you.

well, i totally sloughed off yesterday. felt horrible all day. so, made up for it today. did total muscle shaping and then step moves. i didn't go super hard on step moves, though. but, still had a good workout. it is a fun workout, but it seems like it is alot like the other step workouts. i wish i had saved my money and cancelled sts cardo. oh well, live and learn

Joan I wanted to add a little something I woke up thinking about this morning.
Thank you for starting this little group. I don't know how many times I didn't want to work out but that little voice inside my head would say "if you want to post you must workout" :p It has given me that extra push I needed some days.
Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I did Disc 10 today. Really don't like the pushups but starting to graduate from tabletop to slanted knees.

Got to get ready to walk some dogs. At least the weather is warmer...although wet.

Good morning, Y'All!

Yay! I did Defining Shape this morning! Really like this one, but my balance really needs work. Either that, or the uneven floor in my living room is worse than I thought! Actually, I think it's mostly me, because one side seems to be better than the other. Anyway, I started out tired, (probably because of very little sleep Saturday night, which usually means I'm headed for two or three tired days) and almost quit, but I kept telling myself I could do 10 more minutes. I managed to do the entire workout. :D

I hate push ups, too, but I've always heard that the exercises you hate the most are the ones you really need to do. Who came up with that idea, anyway?!!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia -- Tracie really is good about getting that balanced worked in there! Did you get the whole set?

Linda -- I know it's 50 degrees here and pouring. It actually felt humid this morning! :confused: How many dogs do you walk at a time? I LOVE dogs, DH will not agree to get one. :(

I did disc 10 started to do MMA Fusion (saturdays workout) and quit after the first combo... no energy. :eek: Tomorrow is suppose to be 40/20 - :p - so I am doing my favorite 4DS Bootcamp cardio only premix #1 -- it always gets my heart rate up and I think I'll have enough energy to get to 1/2 my legs workout. :cool:

My Biological mother had a stroke this morning. I am waiting to hear back from one of her kids, so my nerves are a bit rattled today. She has been ill for a long time.

Stay dry today if possible - :D

Hi ladies,

I did Step Works today.

Jann I guess we really are all in this together with assorted mothers, mil etc. I am sorry for your added stress and worry.

Please send me some sun. I can take the cold just not the clouds.

I'm starting to get busy. I hope I can keep doing some exercise.

Joan

Good morning,

I did Low Max (warmup and all 7 blasts) instead of Hiit 40/20 and STS Stability Ball abs. I just did not want to jumb around this morning and I actually burned a decent amount of calories with Low Max because I didn't need to modify.

Joan - I can only imagine how busy you are going to be...all those tax returns? Hope you can at least do 10 mins of exercise when you can.

Jann - Currently I walk 3 dogs but I have to give this up. Starting next week I'll be staying at my sister's house during the week days to help with our Mom's care. Her health is really declining. I watched in horror on Sunday while my father had to do the Heimlich Maneuver on Mom. Her epiglottis no longer completely closes so she chokes on a regular basis when she trys to eat, drink or swallow her own saliva. I just hope nothing bad happens on my watch...I'm afraid I might panic.

hello, i know i've been awol again. LOL! kids came yesterday and stayed the nite, they had no water in their house, so was busy, as usual. will read updates later.
here is what i did today

tara's back to basics challenge from the firm site.
UPPER BODY
bent row--20# 12r 2set
lat row --30# 10r 2set
b.press--22# 12r 2 set
post. fly-8# 12r 2set
pecs-17#12r 2set
overhead pr 15# 12rx2
upright row 12# 12rx2
frontal 8# 12rx2
med delt 8# 12rx2
b.curls 15# 12rx2
1arm fr. 12# 12rx2
angled curl 8# 12rx2

woo wee, i'm fried!
yesterday did core foundations and was NOT anticipating it being as hard as it was. my tris are double fried now. bbl.
cathy

Good afternoon, Y'all!

I had a very busy day today (and another one tomorrow), so I did one of Joan's favorites--Housework Max!

Jann, I did not buy the whole set because I wanted to test drive Step Forward. I liked it so well, I bought Defining Shape. I will probably order the other two.

Well, I'm tired and food needs to be on the table very soon. Have a great evening everyone!

Magnolia

More Work than Work out

Hello Everyone! I am falling way behind because I am working right now- I have done the cardio but not the weights- I may have to pull a Joan and do everything at midnight one night:p

Sticking with the soup and sald diet though and have lost a total of 7 pounds (BUT, its the new weight since holidays!) I'll still take it!!

Take care and I'll be back!!

Good morning, Y'All.

Congrats on the 7 lb. loss, Beth. I'd be ecstatic!

There was some news from DIL yesterday. They have determined that she is a very good candidate for the aggressive radiation and chemotherapy treatments, as well as a candidate for a study that uses injections of a new drug directly into the tumor. The doctors say that the tumor is not growing right now. We are trying not to get our hopes up too much, but at least it's something

I have another very busy day today. Don't know if I will be able to get much of a workout done, but will try.

BBL.

Magnolia

LOL!!! did ya'll download the step n' motion workout? cathe's very first one. it is so funny! the 80's hair and outfits. hard to look at. it doesn't look extremely hard. may try it this am.

Magnolia I put them in order as Defining Shape, Staying Power, Back Up, then Step Forward. Defining Shape is the best of the bunch - imho ;) Thanks for the update on your DIL hopefully she will respond to treatment.

Beth pounds off in any way, shape or matter how it got there is GREAT! High fives to you!! :D

Cathy coming from the era of leg warmers, leotards, and original stepping I like the old workouts. I think they are great to look at. I still have a pair of biker pants I used to wear under my leotard... I like to look how tiny it is. :p:eek: I also wear a sweat band, it works and I don't care if people think it's so 80's. :D

I just got home from the hospital bmom is doing better. About to grab some lunch then workout.

i just did step n' motion. is that the correct name? the one that was a $4.97 download. it is basic step, easy to follow, but still hi energy and got a great workout w/out killing my old feet.

the hair and outfits are, um, how do i say this, very 80's, LOL! but, i love the workout. anyone else download this one

Hi, Y'All!

I may just download that Step n Motion! I loved the leotards & legwarmers! And yes, Jann, I think the sweat bands are functional, too. I wore all that stuff, and I always wore my hair in a long french braid when I worked out. I still have long hair, but it's faster to just put it in a ponytail nowadays.

I'm going to bed now! Am going to try to get up early to get in a workout somehow! Have a great night, Ladies!

Magnolia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.