50 and over week of Jan 25 check-in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning everyone,

I got a late start this morning. Feel free to start new thread on Sunday if you're ready before me.

Heading for the grocery store, I will check in later with wo.

Joan

Hello all! Thanks Joan -

Staying on track with Chalean Extreme I did Get-Lean intervals today. I am feeling it all over! :cool:

Bev are you still on the Push Phase? I may start Push this Thursday. I picked up 2 - 20's for Burn so I may be ready to move on.

I am hoping to get my hands on STS this week. Like so many others of us. :D

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

I've been busy getting my workout room ready for STS. I got some bigger mirrors and did some rearranging so DH can do it with me and we aren't always running into each other. This will be so fun!!! We still haven't done any 1rm testing yet. We will probably start on Wed, I hope the new WM is up by then.

Jann, I went ahead and did Lean Circuits, monday will be LC3. I really liked the Push phase the best! How do you like the 'extra DVD'? I've been thinking of ordering it along with the ball workouts. I really like Chalene way better than I did in Turbo Jam.

Bev

Bev OMgosh I didn't realize you were already on the Lean phase "high fives" to you girl!! Are you seeing any results? My arms are really shaping back up.
Thank you for the Work sheet. I was using one some gal posted on VF. I like having all of them on one page! I really LOVE the extra (7th) DVD. I didn't care for Burn it off from the basic set at all but I really liked Fat Burn challenge. It was a lot easier on my knees and I think flowed better. Get Lean Intervals is a good one too. It is tough. I don't think it's worth $50.00 for the 3 workouts. I got it from a gal who got it free. A lot of people got an extra one because of the scratched sets. :confused:

Last edited:
Good afternoon Bev and Jann,

I'm glad sts is coming. I think you would have talked me into Chalene.

"Official weigh-in" 164lbs.:D:D That's a total of 9lbs since Nov.

No wo yet so will check in again later.

Joan

Hi All!!!

I'll be getting STS on Thursday!!!! I was afraid it would be on Monday, now I'll have Friday and the whole weekend to look it over (and do some of the 1rm testing)!!! I am sooooo EXCITED!!!

Joan, good job on the weight loss!!! It is so hard to lose.

Bev

Good morning,

I got in my 5 miles on treadmill Monday.

My sts not shipped yet :(I hope I get by next week.

Will check in later with today's wo.

Joan

Good evening Jann and Bev,

I finally got in Butts and Guts. I only did about 1/3 of the lunges and it still bothered my knees.:(

No notification yet about sts but I think I will be in the last 1/3 of shipments. I do think it should go out sometime this week.

For some reason I think I would like to do sts along with Cathe. I also know I will want to start as soon as I get it. I just wonder when she will start rotation. I am sure I can start and then start over with her. I know I have not been building any muscle since Nov. Concentrating on losing weight.

Joan

I should be getting STS today. :D I am planning on starting with Cathe. I think that will be such a good incentive! I will continue with CLX until then.

Yesterday was an enforced rest day. Some how – I think sit-ups – I tore my incision open about a half inch. :mad: I can’t believe I did this. :eek: I am going to attempt intervals today – with caution. No ab work!

Good afternoon Bev and Jann,

Just finished ShovelMax. We got 8 inches of snow. Fortunately it was pretty dry or it would have been even heavier.

I've got to stop reading all the threads about sts. I want it now.

Jann take care of yourself or I'll have to yell at you.;) I'm sure you were feeling good and just did a little too much but do be careful.

Back to work.

Joan

Hi Joan and Bev -

We have ice. My right shoulder is killing me from trying to break it with a shovel. :confused:

I did Burn intervals today 1.5 times. I really like this one.

Joan you couldn't yell at me any worse than I am yelling at myself. The doctor said no ab work. I didn't listen. :eek: I was very careful today not work my abs directly.

I got STS!!! I have read the entire user guide. :p

Hi, Ladies.

Hope you are all well. We had snow here, too, but then it turned to sleet and now it's just rain. It is a sloppy mess out there!

I am excited for you all about getting STS. I'm just not sure I'm quite ready for it yet. My concern is building up my endurance, but that seems to be going well--better than I thought it would, in fact. Today was about the third or fourth time I have done Basic Step at the 8 inch step height, and I was noticeably less winded than the first time I tried it. I'm also using heavier weights for sculpting workouts.

Joan, congratulations on the weight loss! That's terrific!

Please take care of yourself, Jann! Better to take things a little slower. You'll get there.

Bev, you and Jann like Chalean so well, I might have to look into this myself!

Stay well, y'all!

Magnolia

Magnolia, didn't mean to miss you in hello's. I'm glad you checked in.

I keep sneaking peaks on threads to see what's new. I really like new wo manager. I was getting a lot of error messages before.

I don't think you have to follow sts if it's not right for you. I really think we could make a similar rotation with different old Cathe dvds. I'm just lazy enough to have to be told what to do everyday, so I am excited to be starting. I don't have it yet but it sounds as if booklet is detailed enough that you could take it to the gym with you. I would like to try that with the pullups. I haven't bought anything to do that at home.

Back to work.

Joan

Hi Magnolia!! It sounds like your endurance is coming right along. I have been working out with Cathe for almost 6 years now. I tell ya, when I first started -- I modified EVERYTHING! I still modify a bunch! :p

What I like about CLX (can't compare to STS yet) you can pick up weights that you feel comfortable with, you can set your own pace, the workouts are short and seem to go fast. You work your whole body and you will feel it all over! You do the same set of workouts for 4 weeks, so you can log what you use and grow from there. If last week you used 5's and made it to 12 pick up 8's and see how many reps you can do next time You can increase as you go. The cardio is very simple. I have to modify the jumps but still get my heart rate up - there is a gal showing us how to do that.
---- but --- there are a lot of Cathe workouts that could be put in a rotation and have the same results using premixes.
Having CLX / Chalene is just a change of pace for me. :) And like Joan said there's no guess work with it.

Good morning Jann, Bev, Magnolia and Pauline,

Yea!:D I finally got notification I will get sts on Monday. Of course Monday is real start of the tax season. Don't listen I'm going to whine about not getting it on Friday so I could read it over the weekend. Ok you can start reading again I'm done whining.

I will check in later with wo.

Joan

Good afternoon, Joan, Jann, Bev & Pauline,

Sometimes I like to find a rotation that I like and substitute workouts I already have that fit the rotation. The latest one I have been following is Cathe's official beginner rotation (with more challenging weight workouts), because I needed to rebuild my endurance and learn her step routines a little at a time. If I just leave it up to chance, I get into trouble trying to decide which workout I want to do on any given day. Maybe when I am ready, STS might be a good idea for me. Today I did Metaboost.

I was doing a little work around the house today and found some VHS tapes I had forgotten about. Among them were four of Cathe's workouts--Pyramid Upper and Pyramid Lower Body, Muscle Endurance and Legs & Shoulders. I like DVDs better, but I think I am going to see how I can handle these (with some modifications, I am sure).

Stay well, Ladies!

Magnolia

HI all!

Joan I completely understand wanting STS. I was mess when I didn't get mine on Tuesday! :p

Magnolia Pyramid Upper Body is my most favorite workout Cathe has out!! It's one of those you can pick your weight and grow with. Hint - do the ab work at the end, first. Your shoulders will thank you! ;)

Trucking along with CLX started the Push circuit 1 today. I feel pretty good about my weights. :D

Have a good one!

Hi Jann, Bev, Magnolia, and Pauline,

I got five miles on the treadmill. I was afraid I wasn't going to get a wo in today. I was very busy. But who needs to sleep anyway?

I usually like to do weight lifting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. During tax season that may not work. I think I read that you could do wo on consecutive days. I may have to schedule Th, Fri, and Sun. Although I may just try to start with disc 1 and try to fit it in and then disc 2 etc and finishing them on Th and Fri if not done prior. I can't imagine getting much cardio in on off days for the next few weeks , but I will try.

I've been very hungry the last few days and added 100-200 more calories than normal. I hope this doesn't wreck the scales. We will be eating out Fri, Sat and Sun. this weekend. If nothing else the salt will change the numbers on the scale. If I start the excuses now will you be prepared for the weight gain on Monday?

Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.