50 and over week of December 15 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning Jann, Bev, and Magnolia,
I made it throught the weekend. Saturday's party worked out ok because food was terrible and I didn't eat much. Sunday was another story with the cookies. The cookie exchange was fun. The chips and sandwiches and junk food and cookies were not. I just can't not eat it if it is front of me. I do ok at home because I usually don't have it in the house. After posting I am going to bite the bullet and record what I think I ate I hope it is better than I think.
Sunday's wo was 2.25 mi on treadmill. I don't know what Monday's wo will be but will try to plan whole week. My Christmas party is this weekend so I know there is a lot to do. I need to know what wo I will be doing in advance so I don't even have to think about it.
Temperature dropped 30 degrees tonight and we have freezing rain. I guess I shouldn't hope school is cancelled so my dil will stay home with Elliot.:rolleyes:
Joan

Hi Everyone
Have you viewed STS Disc #26 - Plyo Legs? I don't think I can do this! In fact, I know I can't! Way too much jumping for me! I'll mostly be modifying I guess.
I had a bad week last week with both exercise and food. I found a new favorite--Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Cheesecake!!! I'm really going to try harder this week--no more ice cream!
Bev

Good morning.

Oh my gosh, can we just forget about the eating this past weekend? :eek: I ate everything in site.:eek: For some reason I could not stop. :eek: The biggest problem nothing was healthy about what I eating. :eek:

OK it is Monday -- New week -- Must do better!! :mad:

Bev – I just added 4 DS – sorry about that.
I always round up on the time.

4 Day Split
Disc A Workout #1
High Intensity Step + Heavy Weights 60 Chest and Back
Disc A Workout #2
Low Impact Step + Heavy Weights 60 Shoulders and Core
Premix 1
Lower Intensity Step Cardio Only 37
Premix 2
Higher Intensity Step Cardio Only 33
Premix 3
All upper body weights 67
Premix 4
Lower Intensity and All upper Body 114
Premix 5
Higher Intensity Step All Upper body 100
Premix 6
Lower Intensity Step Weights First 54
Premix 7
Higher Intensity Step Weights First 59
Premix 8
Double Cardio 60
Premix 9
Back and Biceps 25
Premix 10
Chest, Shoulders and Triceps 34
Premix 11
Low Impact Circuit 69
Premix 12
Higher Intensity Circuit 66
Disc B Workout #3
Cardio Kickbox + Heavy Weights 60
Legs and Core
Disc B Workout #4
Boot Camp Cardio + Heavy Weights 60
Biceps and Triceps
Premix 1
Boot Camp Cardio Only 34
Premix 2
Kickbox Cardio Only 37
Premix 3
Lower Body Weights 31
Premix 4
Total Body Weights 98
Premix 5
Boot Camp Weights 62
Premix 6
Kickbox Weights First 71
Premix 7
Boot Camp and Upper Body 105
Premix 8
Kickbox and Upper Body 104
Premix 9
Cardio Power 61
Premix 10
Boot Camp Circuit Upper Body 62
Premix 11
Boot Camp Circuit Lower Body 63

Hi Everyone
Have you viewed STS Disc #26 - Plyo Legs? I don't think I can do this! In fact, I know I can't! Way too much jumping for me! I'll mostly be modifying I guess.
Oh yeah, I'll be modifying that one too!! :confused:

Good afternoon everyone,
I just finished power hour and half hour on treadmill. I may do more treadmill later. School was cancelled because of the ice. No Elliot but I got a lot done. I want to count today's weight, down another 2.5lbs. For some reason I am always about a half pound more on Tuesdays.
Don't even think about the past eating, this week we will be good.:) Keep reminding me the closer we get to the weekend.
How will you modify plyo legs? Can't we just fast forward.:rolleyes:
Joan

Good Morning All!
This week I decided to do Timesavers. Hope I stick to my plan! Monday I did #1 and today will be #2 (unless I'm too tired, I haven't gotten any sleep yet today). Anyway, I should be able to do 5 short workouts in 7 days!
Jann, I've been having big problems with the eating, too. Maybe it's just that time of year.
And about plyo legs, Joan, I never thought of fast forwarding! I was planning to watch the jumping while resting up for the parts I can do! Ha!
Have a great day everyone!
Bev

Good afternoon,
Welcome srcasale, please feel free to post with us.
Bev - timesavers sound like a great idea this time of year. I really never plan which day will be my rest day. I know one day a week(at least) I'm not going to be able to get anything done.
Jann - Can we forget what we ate Monday too?:eek: I had left over M&M's from cookie baking. I am recording everything so at least I know # calories.
Official weigh in - 167.5lbs 1 pound lost this week.:D for a total of 5 1/2 in 4 weeks. Considering we went out to eat 5 times, had 2 Christmas parties and a full Thanksgiving dinner, I am thrilled.
I will just try to get treadmill in today.
Joan

Joan Power Hour and Treadmill YOU Go Girl! :D

Bev I know, so many things around here to eat. I do this to myself. :(

No workout for me today. :( I have had one of those days and it dose not look like it's going to get any better. Life!

Take care ladies! :)

I am trying not to think about what I ate this past weekend. Concert weekend means no time to cook and food from deli & diner on the run. But at least I didn't have a huge appetite, so not so bad as it could have been. The concert seemed to go very well, I have no idea yet how much money we raised (this is an annual benefit our choir performs to raise money for a local soup kitchen), but there was a nice crowd.

I did manage a cardio & light weights workout yesterday, but today was crazy--a lot going on plus snow & sleet here. I like the idea of not dwelling on this past weekend's food choices--tomorrow's a new day!

By the way, Joan, in my post I forgot to tell you that losing 5 1/2 lbs. during this time of the year is impressive to me! You go, Girl!

Hi Jann, Bev, Magnolia and mpocon96
Finally got my 3 miles on treadmill done last night. My knees and lower back hurt today and I didn't go that fast. I may try only 3 days a week on treadmill. I will do an upper body wo today but don't know which one. I have to move treadmill out of the way for the party. I probably won't be able to move it back before Monday. We'll see tomorrow how my knees feel. Cathe's step dvd may be more than I can do, possibly a Leslie Sansone walk.
Magnolia - I'm glad concert went well.
Jann - Hope this is a better day.
Joan

Hi all –

Joan – thanks my day was much better. 5.5 pounds gone!! WOW I am up 2 and I was really hoping to maintain. :eek:

Magnolia – What a nice way to raise money! :)

Hi Bev, and any one else peeking in. Please feel free to post. Over 50 means we are all in the same boat, facing some of the same problems.

I was able to do the premix body sculpt from LIC. All but the abs and I had to modify those pushups. ;)

Hi everyone,
I finally finished Wed wo - MIS. Jann I modified pushups too and I don't have an excuse. I feel like I am using too light of weights, but I still get sore. I think I'll just slowly increase with the pace weights once sts comes or I stop losing.
I'm headed to the treadmill to get Thursday out of the way. I still hope to get power hour in Friday with Saturday the rest day. But usually I have all day Friday to cook for the party and with Elliot I don't know how much I can get done.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:I am making 4 cheesecakes and lemon tarts. For the food I have 3 dips, meatballs, shrimp, deviled eggs, raw veg and dip, fruit and dip, and lasagna made with ravioli instead of noodles.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
Just hope everything gets eaten. I usually don't eat much on Friday or Saturday of the party because I am too busy. But the leftovers on Sunday are a different story.
Joan

Good Morning Magnolia, Joan & Jann!
Joan, your food sounds soooo good it's making me hungry!!! I better find something to do far away from the kitchen. I've been doing Wii DDR2 at night. I'm still trying to learn it, so it is not much of a workout yet, but it is better than eating!
Jann, how did you like the LIC body sculpt premix? I did LIC upper body circuit premix (added abs) on Sat and really liked it. The time went so fast.
I've actually done Time Saver 1, 2 and 3 and plan to do 4 this afternoon. I think I like CTX better than Time Saver. Maybe I'll plan that for next week.
Have a great day!
Bev

Morning or should I afternoon to you guys ;)

Joan YUM – O Your menu sounds wonderful. Light weights work! If your body is talking back to you (doms) then you are probably doing everything right! I have been using Cathe’s DVDs for over 5 years; I started with 5 and 7 pound weights.
I remember the first time I saw my triceps muscle, I was in a hotel room and caught it in the mirror. I laughed out loud I was so happy. :D

Bev I really LOVE LIC it is on my top 5 list. I liked the premix. I am feeling it in my shoulders this morning so its a good one! LIC has the best music, imho.

Today is cardio for me. Either treadmill workout or Basic step. Then I have a full day ahead of me. Off to workout – Have a good one all!!

Good afternoon, everyone.

Joan, your food sounds fabulous! I hope your party is a great success.

Jann & Bev, I love the LIC premix body sculpt! I really felt it in my biceps and forearms the last time I did it, and had some subtle tenderness in my legs. Not real pain, just those muscles letting me know they're there. I'm rating LIC in my top 5 favorites. Couldn't do anything today, but I'm planning to do the body sculpt premix tomorrow.

Have a great evening!

Good evening Magnolia, Jann, and Bev,

Everyone sounds like they are really keeping up pretty well with their workouts. I did my 2 miles at midnight on the treadmill. I am now putting it away until Monday.
I had to drive Elliot home because we are having freezing rain and dil didn't want to drive here. At least I don't have that much to do until Friday.
House is clean, I'll chop a few things tonight to have them ready to cook tomorrow.
Joan

Hello my Fifties Friends!
I did High Step Circuit this morning. I like that I can do most of it!! :)
My baby boy (22) is graduating tomorrow from college so I’ll be traveling there tomorrow and back on Sunday. No workouts this weekend. Well, no real workouts but, I’ll be helping him pack his stuff and moving him home so I’ll get some exercise in. ;)

Joan Enjoy yourself at your party – with all that work and cooking you deserve too. Good luck with all those desserts! :)
Magnolia I used an 18 pound body bar with LIC body sculpt. (I am still restricted to 20 pound max) My biceps doms kicked in too! :)
Bev I have not done the timesavers in a while. I think my favorite is the kickboxing one. I don't remember all of the workouts in CTX. Hmmm - Maybe I should revisit that series. :)

Do you guys like the whole body workouts better than splits? I normally like splits better, these days though whole body is working for me. :D

Good evening everyone,
No work out for Friday. I finished cooking and cleaning kitchen just before midnight and didn't have any time during the day. I'm going to watch some old Christmas movies now and try to get more in the Christmas spirit.

I doubt that I will be able to check in until Sunday. I plan to enjoy the party Saturday and jump back into exercise on Sunday. I also plan to have no guilt. I don't think I could eat that much in one day to gain too much as long as it stops at one day of eating.

Have a good weekend,
Joan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.