50 and over week of August 1 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

I can't believe it is August.

We went to a nice restaurant for our anniversary. We stopped going because food is so high calorie and GOOD. I always overate. I brought half home this time. I hope I don't eat it tomorrow.

I had chicken Tampico. It should be fine. A chicken breast and steamed brocolli, cauliflower, carrots and zucchini. However, it is covered with a thick and extremely good cheese sauce on a bed of spanish rice. If that isn't enough carbs you get a roll and baked potato. I only ate a couple of bites of rice and tried to push some of the cheese off.

Joan

Stop me from a presale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to do the ones I have. But the new ones sound pretty good especially with the lower impact premix.

Help or at least get me back to exercising.

Joan

Last edited:
Good Sunday afternoon, Y'All!

Beth, congrats on the weight loss. I just started back on the South Beach Diet last week, and I have lost some weight. Tomorrow is weigh-in, so I'll know exactly how much then.

Joan--what presale? Is Cathe coming out with new ones???? Low impact sounds awfully good to me! BTW, Happy Anniversary, hope it was really nice.

Haven't worked out with a DVD since Thursday, but did a lot of housework Fri & Sat, so I think I still burned some calories. The last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I had been on the South Beach Diet, and I did mostly Cathe's Basic Step, the stability ball workout on that same dvd, and alternated it with Anna Benson's Fit Primes & Kick B**ts (which are a combination of weights, cardio, pilates and yoga). I had actually gotten into very good shape, and without using anything heavier than moderate weights. This time, I am doing mostly cardio and trying to alternate with cardio + light to moderate weights. Guess I'll see what happens with that.

Well, have a great evening, everyone.

Magnolia

what new workouts? what have i missed? but, i was so dissappointed in shock cardio, dont' think i'm gonna order any cathe's for a while. i am gonna get alison's new cardio, i hear it is killer.

and, deb, i am doing the firm, their 2010 transformation rotation is a whole year rotation. i really like it.

and i think someone else asked me something on last weeks thread, but i forgot. gotta go back and look.:)

well, guess not, i don't see anything from anyone. so, someone tell me what new workouts are coming out.

i know i have seen a thread that has a rotation using 4-day split to do a px90 rotation. i have done a search and i can't find it. anyone know anything?
thanks

Hi, Y'All!

I just did the premax from Imax 2 that has circuits 1 - 5, plus the abs workout from Cardio & Weights. Whoa! Fun, but sweaty! Also, I weighed in this morning, and found that I lost 4 lbs. this past week. So now I'm revved up!

Cathy, I thought I heard that rumor about the P90X-style rotation as well, but not sure exactly where. I had downloaded an intermediate rotation on the workout manager, and that may be where I saw it. Anyway, the Firm rotations for this year do look like a lot of fun, and I'm glad you're enjoying them. I think I am going to try working a little more Anna Benson workouts and some Firms in after I have finished this rotation.

Have a super day, everyone!

Magnolia

There is no official announcement about the new dvd's yet. They told everyone at the road trip. You can see the talk in the open forum. We are supposed to get an email soon. I won't order until they announce the price increase but most of these sound a lot better than shock cardio.

They may have gotten smarter about the length of the presale. They haven't been talking about it but it seems the music is ready and they will be able to film in a few weeks. I think last time with STS it was just an idea when they announced the presale. I bet it is a 4 disc set rather than individual. I hope we can hear the music before we order.

howdy, i did tracies' core cardio today. i love this workout, it si so fun.
magnolia, i know i have seen one on px90, i actually printed it out, but i wanted to find the link to send to someone. of course, that was yesterday and i can't remember who i was gonna send it to. LOL! dern, being old is a drag.

I decided to do power hour since one of the new ones is an updated version of this.

I couldn't figure out why I wasn't using many calories but then I realized when armband needs to be recharged it always record less calories.

I guess I don't really need the new wo since I have the old ones. BUT they are supposed to be here before the end of the year. Should I trust them this time?

Joan

Good Morning, Y'All!

Joan, by a strange coincidence, I also did Power Hour today. It's harder than I remembered, and my arms and legs are fried now! Maybe I have taken too long a vacation?

I am debating whether I want to pre-order all four videos. :confused: The price is right, and it sounds as if they are almost ready to film them, so that the ship date is realistic. I'm considering it, though.

Got to go, lots to do today!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Since I'll probably buy this just for the premixes I will probably do the presale. At the last minute not the first day.

I had the laser again today. They raised the power again. Boy does my face hurt. I know it will be over in half an hour but still. It's supposed to only hurt while he is doing it but afterwards it just burns. Then it stops.

I just got home so it won't be too much longer. No wo and it hit 100 degrees today so no walking on the treamill since there is no air conditioning out there. I already have a pretty good calorie burn going on- pain must use calories:D

Joan

No pain right on schedule.

I'm in love. I just found caramel rice cakes. They are wonderful and low calories.

Good morning, Y'All!

Wow, am I sore today! :eek: Knew I would be. If I hadn't taken Advil last night, though, I'm certain it would be worse. I actually remember the beginning of my sophomore year in h.s., when we had our first tough gym teacher. This particular lady had a reputation for being tough. Walking to the bus stop after our first class with her, I was so sore I could barely move!

I am taking a rest day today, for sure. Lots to do here, though. Laundry, housework, etc.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

My face was so swollen today that I couldn't open my eyes all the way. It was very weird.

The electric has been off for almost 2 hours. It has been 99-100 degrees the last couple of days and I think they did a rolling blackout. I wish they would have warned us.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Joan, I hope your face is much better today.

I just did a premix from Kick, Punch & Crunch, the one with intermediate intensity drills and Combos 1 & 2. I like that one. :)

If any of you watch Regis & Kellie, my MIL is entered in the High-Heel-A-Thon this year. This will be on your television on Sept. 22. She made a "training video." Will send you the link, but it's actually on You Tube, I just forgot to copy it before I posted.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

can't remember what i posted last. anywya, today i did the firm's super cardio sculpt, & yesterday i did aerobic body shaping w/10 m. of superset leg work added to it. then, tonite i was riding horses and i am so sore from yesterday and then from riding tonite.

tomorrow is another aerobic/weight workout and then i'm gonna go swimming with my grandkids. so, busy day.
have a great weekend if i don't get back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.