50 and over week of Aug 29 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Sorry to be mia. I just didn't feel like doing anything this week.

Eating has been good but no exercise so probably no weight loss.

Will catch up with last couple of days posting and be back later.

Joan

Happy Sunday, Y'All.

Sorry to be absent so much. I have been nursing my back, which is not hurting me at the moment. I think I am going to start out again with either a back workout I have or maybe some pilates this week.

Hope you are all well.

Have a great evening.

Magnolia

today, i did cathe's high step circuit, & added a circuit from the firm to make it an hour w/out. did nothing yesterday. had the g/kids and we did ride in the am, but i got a massive migraine around lunch time, and took a maxalt and went to bed w/my adorable grandson, and it would not go away. he slept for 3 hours, and i laid there and tried to sleep, i did some, but the pain was so bad, i couldn't hardly sleep. anyway, sorry to complain.
have a sad day tomorrow, my hubby's uncle passed and we have the funeral in the am. and, work in the afternoon, so don't know if a w/out will happen tomorrow.

Good morning, Y'All

Cathy, so sorry to hear about your headache and your DH's uncle. Do you see a doctor about these headaches?

Well, I lost my voice yesterday, right before I was supposed to lead singing at church. I went to church anyway, and the music director was there and led in my place. I am not much better today. Am taking the triple treatment--cough syrup, Advil and decongestant.

Have a great day, everyone.

Magnolia

yes magnolia, maxalt is a prescription drug. not sure what did it, cuz i havent' had a headache for months. we are on our way to the funeral. talked to dh cousin this am, and she was crying. it is her daddy. i'm so sad for her.

got up early and did calorie explosion. surprised myself. usually cannot workout that early, but was done by 8, showered and left for funeral. i love that workout. it is so tough, but alison makes it fun. well, gotta work this afternoon, so will probalby not get back here. ya'll have a great day!

Cathy sorry about headache. My dh's uncle had heart attack this weekend but fortunately survived. It's hard to believe but we are of an age that this will happen frequently.

Magnolia Losing your voice must have been a surprise. Or at least you only mentioned your back.

Hi to Jann and Beth.

Joan

Beth I forgot to mention that if you do want to try increasing calories, eat all or most of the additional calories after a weight wo. That way all the extra calories will be used for making muscle.

Magnolia sorry about your voice!! Hope you are doing better today!

Joan You better get on it girl. :D:D

Cathy I hope you are feeling better today!

Hitting the cardio again today. Firm something -- something Allie. :)

I did get all 4 but I didn't see them announce that the presale would end today a week ago. I thought they were going to warn us. Or did I miss it? I ended up getting some bands so at least I saved shipping.

Joan

Hi, Y'All!

Well, that lost voice was due to a nasty cold I must have caught when we were having our adventurous flight back from Atlanta. Anyway, I have my speaking voice back, but won't try to vocalize for another few days. I have an annoying cough, and decided last night to take a nighttime cough syrup so I could maybe get some rest. Well, I think it must have been a nighttime "stay awake all night and cough your brains out" formula, because that's what I did. Anyhow, I'll be going back to my original plan tonight. Am just resting this week--I have to get well!!

Please stay well and have a great evening.

Magnolia

joan, what kind of extra calorie foods do you eat after a weight workout? i'm supposed to do tracie's maximum body shaping tomorrow.

well, yesterday, i managed to log 9.40 miles on my pedometer at work. i worked 5 hrs. and most of it was walking, jogging, some kind of moving. so, needless to say, i did not workout. but, today i did tracie's FOCUS uh, oops, can't remember. think it was her power up. anyway, did the 1st segment 2x for a full 30m of cardio and then the 10m ab/tri segment. with her lovely plyo pushups.

well, we closed on our place today. it officially belongs to the school district. i was very sad to sign the papers. so, we have 2 yrs to find another place. have looked at several. i 'm very thankful we have 2 yrs. so we don't have to rush.
ttyl

Good morning, Y'All.

Cathy, I'm so sorry you have to move. I know it's sad. It was really tough when I had to leave Georgia to move up here. I really am a Georgia country girl, and so many times I wake up in the morning and wonder what I am doing in New York! I pray that you'll find a really great new place and that your move will go well.

At least I slept last night. I took NyQuil, and really was not awakened by coughing. I think I am better today. Too early to tell yet.

We are under a tropical storm warning here. Hurricane Earl is headed toward us. The weather reports indicate that the storm will pass about 150 miles east of the easternmost point of Long Island (Montauk Point) tomorrow.

Hi, Joan, Jann, Beth & Deb.

Stay well & safe, everyone.

Magnolia

i feel for you magnolia, i would not do well if i had to move up north. lived in texas most all my life. except for 6 yrs in europe as a child. my dad was AF. it is raining here right now. THANK THE LORD!! it has gotten very dry around here, it is supposed to cool off a bit. well 90 instead of 98.

at this particular moment , i would like to change the way i feel.[:-|]
i picked up some bug on monday and have been achy, sore, on the potty[:|] all afternoon. i think i picked something up on monday when i went to the funeral. cuz, my son got it really bad on tuesday nite, he was running at both ends. at least for me it is just one end. but, i am in PAIN. my precious g/daughter got it last nite, and now my dil who is very pregnant has it. hers is not as bad.
would ya'll please pray for a quik healing for my family.

i was 13 min. into maximum body shaping and had to quit. thought i was gonna die. and, i never stop in the middle of a workout, but my body was rebelling big time. so, hope i am better tomorrow.

Cathy and Magnolia Get well soon.

Cathy Beth only eats about 1200 calories a day and is at goal weight or close. I thought she should try to eat more calories without gaining weight. If she eats those extra calories after a heavy lifting session it would be used to gain muscle. You should have combination protein and carbs within 1/2 hour of wo.

I wish I was lifting. I'm feeling really good with the cooler weather but it seems I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. Diet has been going great for most of the last 14 weeks and I am getting in treadmill most days.

Joan

Good morning, Y'All!

Cathy, I will pray that all of y'all get well very, very soon. Fortunately, I have not had stomach troubles (knock on wood!), just lost my voice for a few days, tired and achy and COUGHING like crazy. Kept me awake for a few nights until I started taking the NyQuil.

Storm is not here yet. I heard it would pass about 2 this afternoon. It's cloudy, and the surf was rough all day yesterday.

Hope you all stay well and safe.

Magnolia

we had a great storm last nite, lots of good rain, and it is cooler today!!! YAY! i'm so ready for it not to be hot.
i feel somewhat better today, but still feel like i got hit by a truck. and, i hate missing my workouts!!!!!!

i feel like such a slug, cuz i havent' been able to workout the last 2 days. i hope i'm better tomorrow. gonna try and do the 2 w/outs i missed.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.