50 and over week of Aug 22 check in

JoanC

Cathlete
Good morning,

I got most of leaner legs in yesterday. Boy did I need the leg work. It feels good to be working out again. I hope I remember that in the future.

Joan

I have been surprised that I like Nutrisystem so much better this time. They have taken the fish oil out of the food. You have to add in 3 dairy servings, 4 veg servings, and 3 fruit servings. I guess by then it's not much more than protein and carbs in the meals but they are easy. I have been trying to eat my own meals a couple of times a week so I don't have to buy it so often.

I need to get some treadmill and shoulders in tonight.

My weight was down today I hope it still is tomorrow.

Joan

Good morning,

Official weigh in 167.4lb that is 1lb down from last week. The last 4 weeks have bounced back and forth but I think I am finally heading downward now.

Son and dil came over in the afternoon and sil came over in the evening. Surprise no work out.

Magnolia I hope all the food was good and now you're back on the diet. I never regret good food.

Jann Hope you are doing well.

Hi to Beth and Cathy.

Joan

Hi Everyone!

What a crazy summer! I have been popping in every now and then but half the time I wasn't on my own computer and couldn't post.

I have been refinishing floors and painting for most of August. In fact, my beloved step is sitting on top of the scaffolding to help reach the higher spots. I have been goinbg to spinning and trx classes at the local gym for something different and to get away from the fumes. My weight is down about 15 to 18 pounds because of that hgc diet I did in May.. after that, it stayed put again.

Joan, here is something to think about... since I can go day after day on 1200 calories and not loose anything- even with the workouts, they told me at the diet center that my metabolism could be around that number to maintain. Therefore, if I cut back to only 1000 calories, it takes 17 days to see a pound fall off, and of course by then, I am thinking that it isn't working.. so.. I think that has been my problem. And everytime someone says I am not eating enough, I gain it back!!

For me, I was happier getting it off fast and then just maintaining where I am again..

Hi to everyone!

howdy, wooo doggies!!!!!!! i just did complete body sculpting w/christa, and added a very hard 18m. of a very heavy body circuit.
i also went very heavy on CBS. i am sore already, and i have to work this afternoon.

the circuit i did had

box squats---53# barbell
lat row--30#
pushups on toes!! YAY! that is very hard for me for some reason
static lunges--40#
tri dips
hammer curl--14#'s
upright rows--14#'s
planks

i agree, ironmom, school started here today, and i am glad!!! the girls that stayed here this summer are gone!!!! YAY! it is nice to have my house back. :)

i did 8 reps & 2 circuits.. i'm a glutton for punishment

Good afternoon, Y'All!

Hi, Beth! Good to hear from you. Congrats on your success.

Joan, the reunion was wonderful, and so was the food! I managed one plate with small bites of everything I love. There was the traditional homemade lemonade (with sugar), but you have to live sometimes! Anyway, I was so happy that I went, because I got to see so many of my cousins I hadn't seen in a long time. It was great. :D

The traveling stunk, though. I hate flying, anyway, but when we left here, the weather was horrible in Atlanta with lightning storms, so they had to close the airport there twice! We spent probably twice as much time sitting on the tarmac as we did in the air! We got to our hotel room and got to bed about 4 that morning. Then last night, coming back, the weather was horrible in NY. The plane left about a half-hour late, though, but we were almost in NY when the pilot tells us that JFK airport is totally shut down and we have to fly all the way back to Atlanta??!! :confused: Anyway, when we got to Atlanta, the pilot addresses us again and tells us that they are going to refuel in Atlanta and we are going to fly right back to NY!!!! :confused: Anyway, to make a long story short, we got home at about 5:30 this morning!!!!!

I am going to have to take a couple of rest days--the bed at the hotel where we stayed was too soft, and now my back is bothering me. Icing and taking Advil.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Magnolia

Glad to see everyone.

I just finished abs, shoulders and triceps. I just did it in the order on CTX upper body split. Tomorrow I will do biceps then a rest day.

Beth Are you at the weight you want to be? I can't remember. I have been reading again Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle and the new one The Holy Grail. It has you slowly eating more calories to up your metabolism. Of course lots of protein and veg not the good stuff. It says you may gain a little in the beginning but you will eventually be able to eat more. I am happy that I can eat 1500-1900 calories and not gain. Unfortunately I want to lose. I am now losing a pound a week on an average 1450 calories and I was losing 1/2lb a week on an average 1550 calories last year. I can handle a pound a week, a 1/2lb was just too slow.

Joan

how fun, magnolia! i havne't been to tennessee i 5 yrs. i really need to go and see my family. me and my 5 yr old g/daughter may go in october.

ok, i'm sore, tired, and my feet hurt. ended up working for 4 hrs this afternoon.

good morning!

Joan- that is wonderful that you have that figured out. Which of the books was the most helpful? I have the old BTF but I have to say.. I never did understand what I was supposed to eat... During the time I was losing the weight, I cut my exercise way down so that I could keep my calories way down- the opposite of what you normally hear. But it was just for one month. I am at a healthy weight but I still used to be thinner!

Magnolia- thatr sounds like a terrible experience. Just thinking about it gives me the willies! I pray the whole time I am on a plane as it is! I saw that clip on your MIL and am wondering when the contest happens?

Cathy and Jann, hope you are well!

Hi all!

Beth great to see you back! Congrats on the weight loss!! I know you seemed very determined in the spring I am glad you were able to find a way. :D

Joan high-five's to you to!! Figuring it out is 3/4's of the battle!!

Magnolia ugh flying!! You differently had a night mareish one!! My goodness! I watched the video of your mil too!! funny!

HI Cathy!

Well ladies all I can say is drama drama drama is my life. Working out is here and there at best. Eating is under control for the most part. At least I am not gaining! I am hoping fall brings some peace and more me time.... :rolleyes:

Good morning, Y'All!

Well, my back seems a lot better. I am still cautious, though, and probably will not work out again until all the pain is gone. I'm also having some sinus troubles, but I'm working on that, too. I have to sing this weekend, so I sorta need my voice.

I have been reading Bill Phillips' Transformation. I like most of the things he says. His philosophies about eating and exercise seem the most sensible so far. The basic idea is that we overeat because we don't give our bodies what they really need, so we have cravings. His approach is a balance of carbs and protein and vegetables & fruits. Mostly fresh, natural foods. He also addresses the mental and emotional side of health, which I think is something all these diets overlook. Anyhow, it's supposed to be an 18-week transformation program. I am going to try it, and I'll let you all know what happens.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Magnolia

I jumped on the treadmill this morning for 30 minutes then did some free weights. Easing my body back in to workouts. I feel like I am a newbie! :eek:

I've been outside today doing some yard work. We have had a little rain and the grass needed cut. Lots and lots of weeds :rolleyes: they don't seem to need rain.

Magnolia I hope your voice is ok. :) I need to get back to reading some of my books.

Have a great day ladies!

howdy ya'll, did tracie's new step forward this am. great sweaty workout!!!
am currently driving around looking for land.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.