50 and over- Wednesday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning All!

Well I did an I-Tread Walk today, getting in some cardio. I really wish I didn't have to do any cardio..if I could weight train every day and never do any cardio I would be so happy!

Nancy: I am in Buffalo, NY and today it is dark, windy and rainy! we really need the rain so I am not complaining.. hoping it is gone by the weekend. Sounds like you are headed for the big "M"! I had the same things happen to me..been done for over 3 years now.
KathyH: Thanks for posting the one part per day session you do.. wow your chest muscles must be screaming after this!
Linny: I don't know how you do it! that 4 mile walk every day after a 5am workout!
Rhonda: I am jealous! Down 6 pounds! I would be happy for 1 or 2 right now.x(

Have a great day...

Deb

Ok all you over 50 experts, I have a question: what kind of foundation or tinted moisturizer do you use? I have tried liquid, cream, various tinted moisterizers, and even the mineral makeup ( yuck it was the worst!)

I don't want to have that "made up" look, only have my skin be a little more even.. and that said, do you put it all over your face or only in certain places? You can see I have no idea what I am doing!:)

deb

Morning Deb!

Great job on your walk even in the rain. Its in the 80s here in NYC & gorgeous. However, its supposed to start raining tonight.

I hate to disappoint you on the foundation/moisturizer but I use Bare Escentuals foundation (bare minerals). I have roscea acne & I can't use creams at all. I know there was a thread by Donna (can't remember her user name) but some of the women had great suggestions. Maybe Nancy can help you. I have to use products from Skin Biology as this company/products cured my roscea acne.

The workout that I described yesterday was supersetting. The one body part rotation I did before this one was taking 6 exercises for that one body part. It was Cathe's May 2005 rotation & it didn't follow any dvds. I used to do Fitnessfreak366's rotation of one body part where she would couple together 2 of Cathe's dvds. That was a frier from what I remember. You might want to look in the rotation forum. It might still be there if your interested. What are your goals if you don't mind me asking? I know that when I do a one body part rotation I can do far more cardio. Or maybe you'd be more interested in circuits?

Last night I did Amy Bento's KBX premix 57 min. that had the bonus bag. My son wanted me to train him. It only took 30 min. but by the time I finished it was 9:00 p.m. Just in time to watch House. That's my favorite show besides Lost. Crazy I know.

Tonight I'll be doing back/biceps/abs superset fashion.

Rhonda: I had replied to your post from yesterday. WAY TO GO!!! That's the way to work it! Keep it up.

Linny: Hope your doing well.
Nancy: I know your very busy at work. Hope to ttys.

Have a great day everyone & hi to anyone I missed. BBL Kathy:D

Hi, Deb. I recently went for a make-up lesson and I love my foundation. It's called Trucco Skintones, and it comes in a vacuum tube pump container. It's very light, and coverage depends upon how much you use. My make-up guy said that most women need more coverage on the "inside" of the face, rather than the outer parts. I use the most under my eyes and on and around my nose, and dab an extra dot on dark spots. No matter what you do, it always looks completely natural. If you have great skin, you can even just use it as a cover-up for blemishes and it still looks natural.

Of course, after all of that, I've never seen the Trucco line in any store. I buy all my Trucco make-up at my salon, and I have most of the brushes too. It's very reasonably priced compared to department store make-up. You can find a salon that sells it at http://www.sebastian-intl.com/trucco_index.php

Good Morning Ladies:
Deb: Have you been doing HIIT? I'v been looking into it.Just doen't seem possible to lose when only doing 20 min. I went for another 4 miler last night. Did some of Kickmax and KPC,also bi's from PS.
Lately I've been using Clinique Anti-Aging foundation. I tried Bare Minerals put it seemed like it started to accentuate my wrinkles more.
Kathy H: I've read a little about Amy Bento's workouts. How does she compare to Cathe? Harder? You're a nice Mom to train son: )
Rhonda: WTG! Is this from doing WW? You Go Girl!
Nancy: Thanks for the tip on Trucco. Maybe they have samples so I can try it.Don't work to hard today.~Linny~

Hi Linny! I love Amy's new series Xtreme (KBX, HLX & APX). For the life of me I can't catch onto her step. She doesn't break it down at all just goes right into it. The KBX is 90 min. as well as the HLX but she has some great premixes that you can do instead. The APX one is 2 hrs. I only do the 3 day split. Who the heck has 2 hrs to do weight training! Amy's pretty intense but you feel energized after Amy's workouts whereas w/Cathe you can feel drained. She doesn't break moves down all that much. I always have to preview them beforehand. The KBX is more hi-lo than actual kickboxing. I also have Cardio Pump hi-lo & the Bootcamp from the older series. Those aren't intense at all easy in fact.

My son wants to lose some more weight. I've been using Kathy Smith's Project You on him. He seems to like it. Thx for the compliment. I wish he thought so. :(

HIIT I've done in the past. Its possible. You can take anyone of Cathe's IMAXES & only do 1/2 of it pushing to your hardest. PlyoX also applies to HIIT from Beachbody's P90X series.

TTYL, Kathy:D

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

ok everyone, have i got a question for ya'll. i just read "CARDIO FREE DIET" by jim karas. anyone heard of it? he has come to the conclussion after years of ground-pounding cardio, that we don't need cardio, only strength. but, the slow rep strength. what i have done for the last 15 yrs. is not working for me. a good friend who has been firming with me has done this for 3 weeks and has lost 5# and an inch in all three places. and of course, your diet. his eating plan is just like the firms, pretty much. 1500 cal. a day divided into 3 meals and 3 snacks. he says cardio eats our muscle and causes our body to hold on to whatever fat we have. and he goes into the cortisol and insulin levels and all that too.
have ya'll heard about any of this? i am so tired of killing myself with cardio and not getting results. i'm ready to try this and see if it works.
any ideas???
cathy

Hi All:
Kathy:How old is your son? I know my son had a weight problem and he finally is seeing the light and wants to work out now. I think I'm going to give Amy a try. Do you think I'd be wasting my money getting her earlier easier ones? I thought maybe the earlier ones I could learn new style.
Cathy: I never heard of Cardio Free Diet. If you decide to do it let us know how it goes. I've looking on sites on info about BFFM.I think thats it.
I just got back from my 4mile walk with son.It was pouring out, we looked like 2 soaked rats. My husband thinks we're cuckoo.~Linny~

Cathy,

I actually have his 2 books upstairs waiting to read.. I got them out of the library..what a wonderful world it would be if I didn;t have to do cardio! I try to fit it in, and mix it up.. but I still enjoy weights more.

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.