50 and Over- Thursday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi All!

Hope everyone is having a great week. We are on the downside and headed for the weekend Yea!:)

I didn't get up this am to workout, could not sleep last night so I turned off the alarm at 1:00 am so I could get at least 5 hours of sleep!.. that 3:00 pm full caffine coffee did it to me! Someday I will learn!

Kathy H- I must have sounded really brave when I mentioned the rain and walking! I do my walking inside on my TM! sorry for the confusion, but you would never catch me walking in the rain voluntarily! Glad the BE works well for you. I guess it depends on a persons skin and how it reacts. Mine gets dry and every line looks like a crack! As for your workout, I had "one body part per day" on my mind for some reason, did realize it was super-setting!I may look up those rotations.. thanks!

Nancy: Love Trucco lip glosses. I get them on EBay. I looked up the Skintones, and will try one. Not sure about the color to pick however, they are hard to tell on the screen!.. I found some salons near me that supposedly sell it so I may call a few and test it out.. thanks for the recommendation.

Linny: Yes I have been doing HIIT using my TM and the "Sprint 8" concept.. I usually do 10 or 12 sprint/recover sessions, then walk the rest of 30 minutes. This is the cardio I can tolerate, but my one knee tells me all about it the next day!

Kathy H- Do you have P90x series? This might be something he could get into. Not too dancy, headed up by a man.. etc

Have a wonderful day!

;-)

Good Morning!

Deb: I have P90X. I did 4 rounds of it until I got sick of it. My son is 15 & not ready for the X yet. He needs to take care of his joints. That's why I have him do Kathy Smith. Your son could definitely do the X. He's in his 20s isn't he? Its HARD. You would need to buy a pull-up bar or you could purchase a doorjam I think its called. The doorjam attaches to a door frame & you can easily take it down after your workout.

I noticed last night some of the women were discussing Cardio Free Diet. I've heard of it & don't agree w/him at all. We all need 3 components to staying/looking healthy: cardio/weight training/flexibility training whether it be yoga or stretching. I feel women should do MORE weight training as this is the key to shaping your body to what you want it to look like (genetics too come into play). I don't do anymore than 2-3 days of cardio a week. Women always think that just doing cardio will do the trick for weight loss but it doesn't. You need cardio for heart/lung health.

So for those of you that don't want to bust your chops everyday doing cardio you don't have to. Just pick up the weights more often. Either do a split routine or total body routines your choice.

Its all in experimenting to find out what works for us. I've been at this for 23 years & I'm still experimenting/learning.

Last night I did back/biceps/abs from LIC. This workout was HARD & today the pain in my left hand is coming back & my shoulder's acting up again. Its no fun getting old. I'm thinking of switching to a different rotation to save my joints. Knees are acting up too.

Tonight I have to do shoulders (so many exercises ugh!) & I think I had better try my Classical Stretch dvd that came in the mail.

Have a great day everyone!

TTYL, Kathy:D

Kathy: Don't forget endurance for fitness. Because we are home exercisers this is sometimes difficult. I don't know about you but I get alot of interruptions.

Decided that I was tired so I did 45 minutes of yoga. Alot of twists and stretches. I get up for work at 5:00. As the week goes on I get tired because my body does not want to shut off until 10:30 or 11.

Yesterday I did the Cathe cardio premix and balance ball abs on Kick, Punch and Crunch.

My 23 year old daughter is moving out in August. She is delighted because the step and three CD advanced workout set she ordered from Cathe just arrived. This is scary. I did not know that Cathe was genetic.

Regards,

Rhonda:)

Hi Ladies:
Rhonda: LoL Genetic Cathe I'm sure she'd like to hear that. : )
I also get up at 5a to work out. If I didn't I know I wouldn't do it later.
Kathy: I agree with the balance of diet/cardio/strength and flexibility. Especially at our ages. Hope you feel better soon.
It was my sons b-day today so no evening walk. But I did do some Imax2 and bis from PS this a.m.
i hope you ladies have a great nite.
Hi Deb, Nancy, Cathy and Josie.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.