50 and Over- Monday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi All,

Thought I would start a new thread for the new week! Did treadmill today with the Sprint 8 concept, ( I did Sprint 10, then walked for 12 more minutes ),

Jamn: hope your back is better this week.. be very careful.. you could be laid up for a long time if you are not

Kathy: I also have osteopenia and take Fosamax once a week..

Linny: I bought the E-Book from Tom Venuto’s site.. it is a wealth of information, almost overwhelming! It is all the good common sense in one place.. a great buy!

Rhonda: I will try to get the link in this post for the weight bar in your signature line!

Cathy/Nancy: Welcome to the check in!

Have a great day !

Deb
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

Hi Deb and Everyone who follows!

Deb: You had a great workout on the treadmill. I wish I had one. Have you ever done any of the workouts to Cardio Coach? I only have Vols 3 & 4. I believe the 4th one is the toughest of them all!

Jamn: I hope your back is feeling better too. In 2005 I threw my back out 3 times!!!! Ack! I was doing such stupid moves that caused it. Took a while too to get better. Sending you hugs & good vibes your way.

Linny & Rhonda: I think you'd a lot of benefit from the e-book by Tom Venuto BFFM. Its a long read but its well worth it.

Saturday I worked my chest/tris/abs. I did a superset method for the first time & wow was that HARD! It took almost an hour just to work 2 body parts. I then did Body Max 2 abs. I LOVE that one!
Sunday was cardio day. I tried & finally accomplished the first section to Tracey Staehle's Step Sweatfest. She's not easy ladies. She doesn't explain anything just goes right into the move. And these moves are precarious. I had to actually spin around on top of the step & then land on the floor & switch sides besides. If you don't know how to do this move ahead of time, your looking at an injury. The warmup is the hardest part to get out of the entire workout! lol The rest of Mother's Day I took it easy. Had my son & husband wait on me for a change. It felt great.

Tonight's workout is GS legs premix 49". If I have time, I'll try to do B&G floorwork too.

Have a great day everyone! Kathy:D

Nancy: How do you get an avatar on here anyway? I've never done it before. Can you help?

Hi Ladies,

I spent my whole weekend in the car. We went to visit my MIL on Saturday and that is a 6 hour round trip and then I volunteered to take my grandson home on Sunday and that was another 6 hour round trip. I did not get to workout at all. The good news is that I did not gain any weight.

Today I will be doing PUB.

Josie

Good afternoon Ladies:
Jamn: I think back pain is the worse you can have. I had problems a few yeas ago and had to get a TENS unit. My sciatic nerve was going nuts.
Josie: Thats great that you didn't gain. Usually if I don't work out I gain.
Kathy H: WOW! Now thats what I call a workout.
Rhonda:I did WW a few years ago and lost about 15pds. I did the online program.
Welcome Drover: I normally have to do premixes because I don't have enough time in morning to do a hour.
Nancy: I bet you're right about the Catheites over 50. I've been doing Cathe since 1997.
Deb:I'd like to get a treadmill or ellitical some day. I do have a spinner which I don't use very often. My legs look a little more bruised than friday. I do have another appt. on June 6th. I think than I'll take a break because I don't want bruising all summer.
Have a great day Ladies~Linny~

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

hi ya'll, i did legs and shoulders today off S&H. do ya'll add a cardio when you do these workouts?

and how come i can only see a few posts? i don't see where i posted before. what do i need to do?
cathy

Trust in the LORD with all your heart.

oh, duh! i get it. ya'll start a new thread every week?
cathy

Hi Cathy! I thought all of us would check in every day. We're just checking in once a week? I'm confused. lol

To answer your ? re legs. I usually never do cardio on leg day. Its just a preference of mine. You can, however, do cardio if you wish. Kathy:D

Checking in:

Deb: Thanks for the link. I will put mine in after I go to Weight Watchers tomorrow night.

Tonight I did most of Butts and Gluts Extreme Workout Premix. I have to admit that after sixty five minutes I skipped the last part of the floor section. My legs and knees will thank me for it tomorrow.

I do mostly Cathe workouts. I have been doing Cathe since 1998. Sometimes I use a recumbant bike. This summer when I am not working, I plan to take a weekly yoga class.

I thought I was working toward menopause because I had not had a period since January...but got one yesterday. I will be at least 56 before I reach menopause....the good news is that I had a bone scan and my bones are in good shape for now....I think I owe it to Cathe and healthy diet. My mother was a pretzel. Maybe I got some good genes from somewhere.

I will look up the Tom Venuto Book.

I assume that people will check in whenever they want to.........

Everbody have a good evening and a good day tomorrow.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.