50 and Over- Finally Friday!

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

I can't wait until today is over... looking forward to the weekend and gardening/reading or whatever is relaxing at the moment!

Kathy H: I have P90x did a round in Nov/Dec/Jan. You must have me condfused with Linny! I don't have any kids, just my 2 Fox Terriers! I guess they are like my "kids".I agree with you on the cardio and weights... I did really well with BFL the diet and training with only 3 short HIIT cardios, but this was 7 years ago and now whatever I do, it seems like I can't lose the weight, so of course you try doing more cardio to see if it helps.. I would rather not! Do you like LIC? I only did the pre-mix once.. that is the only one of the new "set" I have even opened.

Rhonda:Good for you on doing the Yoga when you were not feeling that great! Your body must have been telling you something. Nice to hear that Cathe "runs in the family"!

Linny: Say a big Happy Birthday" to your son!

Have a great day :)

Deb

Good Morning!

I wake up every day at 5:30 a.m. just to go to work. I know Nancy will sympathize w/me. She lives closer to the city than I do. I always work out in the evening around 7:30 p.m. I don't get home until 6:30 & then have to prepare dinner, clean up, etc.

Deb: Yes I must've gotten confused between you & Linny. Sorry.:( I have 2 cats. I never did BFL even though you get awesome results from it. I like LIC (the music ROCKS) & BM2 except for the warmups. There too long. I still haven't done BM2 in its entirety. You should try Drill Max even though its overkill on the shoulders. I really like that one. Its a goodie.

Rhonda: I was LOL when I read your post re your daughter. Cathe's addicting.

Linny: Happy Birthday to your son!

Last night I supersetted shoulders. I'm feeling it today & this weather isn't helping either (very sore & TIRED). Can't wait for today to end. This week of supersetting took a lot out of me.

Today's my rest day. YEA! I think I'll switch up my rotation b/c my joints are killing me from those heavy weights. I don't think I can do it every single week.:(

Nancy: Where are you? Burning the midnight oil at work again?

Have a wonderful day everyone! BBL, Kathy:D

Kathy H:

I am sure this has been talked about on one of the forums before, but since you recently did it, is Drill Max high impact? if so, can you make it lower easily ? I couldn't view the clips on the new viewer (the one on the Home Page) so I purchased the whole set and really have only done a Time SAver of LIC..Does Drill Max have a time saver? if so, how long is it? Sorry for all the questions!

Deb

Hi Deb! Drill Max is high impact & I don't see how you can make it low impact easily. Some of the drills you have to jump forward 3x turn & jump 3x back the other way. Its also repetitious. I like the functional fitness aspect to it & you also use the stability ball for arm raises while you jog. I'll be doing it tomorrow. Don't remember the premixes as I've always done the workout in its entirety. I'll have to check & see if there's a timesaver for you. No need to be sorry. I don't mind the questions.

Question I have for you. This year I noticed my legs especially the glute area & the upper most part of inner thighs have gotten bigger & not in a good way.:-( My son said to me "Mom your legs look so FLABBY!" I mostly do Cathe's GS legs & do squats, etc. Should I mostly concentrate for a while on B&G & Legs & Glutes? How the heck does one lean out the legs? I'm at a point of frustration & need help. Thanks for any help you can give me.

TTYL, Kathy:D

You can adapt almost any workout to lower impact.

Whenever Cathe jumps up on the step, I step up using exaggerated movements of arms and legs. You also have the option of doing the same movements without the step.

Instead of jumping side to side or back and forth, you can take big steps or jump vertically instead of horizontially.

The bottom line is that you can subsitute whatever moves you want with the same count. The intensity of low impact moves can be increased with arm movements, large steps, bending your legs...etc.

I like Drill Max. Modifying the impact still gives me a good workout.

Hope that helps,

Rhonda

Hi Ladies,

Today is my day off. Saturday and Sunday I will be running and maybe taking a belly dancing class. I have been very busy for the last 2 weeks and have not been posting as often as I would like.

Kathy, What has worked for me on my legs is running, step ups squats and lunges. This will take care of your problem.

Deb and Linny, I'm glan you are still here and I'm glad that others have joined us.

Have a great weekend!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.