50 and over December check in

JoanC

Cathlete
At least I got it started the first day of the month. That might be a record.

I think I'm more sore cleaning house all day than I was from lifting. House is almost clean.

Good job on the new thread Joan!

Today I got up at 4:30 am to run 7.5 miles at 6am. I can't believe I did it. I hate getting up early but we were done at 8. Unfortunately I haven't been able to move all day!

magnolia, good to heat from you again. You must be almost done with the courses now. I am sop sorry about the devastation from Sandy. One of my friends has family in NY that have been homeless since the storm.

Jann, lucky you getting to enjoy a grandchild! That beats a workout any day.

Jann- Sweet picture on FB!!

Today is run/walk 45 in for me but I have a rash left over from last Saturday-- vey uncomfortable-- I think I need a different seaming system in my running tights-- or alternatively, a smaller set of thighs.:p

Good Morning, Y'All!

Beth, smaller tights?! Great for you! :D

Jann, I think shopping is cardio. At least a lap around the grocery store is for me!

Still working on my course. Every day, I get closer to finishing it. I have a lecture today, and then there is some cleaning and gift wrapping to do. There is also Christmas music to set in order, even though our annual concert has been cancelled for this year. I hate it, but several of our choir members are dealing with severe effects of the storm. I am sure it is nigh onto impossible to get one's mind on singing when you are going through something like that. We're going to sing a benefit concert in June for the Soup Kitchen to make up for this.

I did an old Firm today. A short but tough one!

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Magnolia I was thinking about you today. I was singing along with the Christmas music... OMgosh --- My voice is sooooo bad!! I couldn't find the right key on any song. I am so glad no one could hear me. :p:p I was laughing at myself.
I am so sorry about your concert. :( More so about the reason. :(

Today was weights... BC2

Beth -- Thanks! I assume you are talking about my GD in the santa room? Sorry about your thighs --- know that!! :rolleyes:

Lol! Magnolia-I said I need smaller THIGHS! Not tights! The tights are already too tight!
I'm sorry that you community is suffering so much since this storm! It would be hard to focus one concert with so many personal issues-but hopefully next year will be that much more meaningful!

Hi All! I really enjoy reading your posts. Sometimes they just crack me up. They are also so motivating! I can't imagine running 7.5 miles!! Great job on this. Ran my little 2.5 miles :) this morning and did Athletic Training last night. Right now Athletic Training is really turning into my one of my top favorite Cathe workouts.

Good morning, Y'All!

Sorry to be absent so much, but my coursework is getting a little more intense, and at the same time, I am trying to get the house cleaned up, gifts wrapped, and all the other Christmas chores done.

Also, I had a little episode about two weeks ago with my blood pressure that really frightened me, so I went to my doctor. He put me on blood pressure medication. So far, so good. I feel a lot better. He also told me I need to be active, so I am more vigilant about getting my workouts done every day. They might be short, but they are as intense as I can make them. Also started the DASH diet for hypertension (my decision, but he was supportive of it.)

That said, I did Athletic Training Express and some stretching today. Labnick, I really love that one, too. Will do the whole thing every time when I am able.

Have a great day, everyone!

Magnolia

Hi Magnolia! Good to see you! I am sorry about you BP - :( I am glad the meds are helping.

My workouts are here and there. I too am working on holiday things. :)

Magnolia...I am sorry to hear about your blood pressure. Always so scary when things like this happen. I think I read in one of Cathe's newsletters that short and intense workouts can be really good for you so it good that you can get a little in when you can.

Hoping you are feeling better soon.

Oh Magnolia! That is scary! I am glad to hear you have a handle on it though.
This is a busy time of year for all of us. I have been getting in my workouts everyday but between the end of the year office demands, the gift buying and planning this trip, I didn't even decorate this year. I have never done that before. But I can't do everything. Something had to give!
I'm just trying not to gain anymore weight!,

Eating more and less time on the treadmill, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the scale is up. It's almost like I'm giving up until the 1st of the year. But then I will spend Jan. and Feb. losing what I gained now.

Magnolia I hope the meds are working.

Yea Xtrain ships next week. I will leave 12/28 and be back 1/4 late. I know I will be ready in January to start something. I hope there is a rotation.

Joan there are 4 different rotations printed in the booklet that comes with the DVD's!! I am ready to join you!

Jann I will need to make minor adjustments on the rotation because I have upper body on Tuesdays and lower body on Thursdays now at the gym but that should be doable. I'm already telling dh no eating out in January after we get back.

Dh was trying to be romantic and started a fire in the fireplace in our bedroom last night. The flue was closed and a little smoke got in the room. He caught it quickly and got it all out. Later after we were asleep there was a downdraft and tons of smoke blew into the room. After an hour of windows open (in the 30's) and fans blowing it was clear to go back to bed. This was just a fake log and we've never had that happen before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.