50 and over 4/30/07

Josie

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

I got back from Las Vegas yesterday and I did not workout at all.
I did eat and drink too much though. I only gained 1.5lbs.
I will be doing the stairs at work and then a spinning class tonight,

The bootcam series is over and I will not be doing it a gain. It started to get boring at the end. I will continue to run and do my weights.

Josie

Hi Josie; Welcome back! I bet you worked off that 1.5 pds doing that spinning.
I did a P90X cardio for the first time yesterday, wasn't too bad. I think I could come to like it.
Today I did BodyMax 2 and Abs. ~Linny~

Hi Linny,

I did work it off. I was back to 157 this morning.
Today I will be doing the stairs at luch time and
then I will take a body sculpt class this evening.

I ran 3.4 miles yesterday.

Josie

Hi Josie and if anyone else follows: )
Great job Josie. I heard running the quickest weigh to lose.
How tall are you?
I'm 5'4" and weigh between 152-157pds. It seems like I can't get below that 150 mark since I turned the Big 5-0.
This morning I weighed in at 155 and I hoping to get to 149 by June 1st. Have a great day~Linny~

Hi,

I have not posted here before.. but I "qualify" as I am 54, and am in the same place as Linny... I am 5'4" and between 152 and 155.. I cannot get this weight to move at all. I did 2 solid weeks of no sweets, just good meals and snacks, worked out 5-6 times per week and did not lose a pound! Actually, I gained a pound! Ugh I am so frustrated! More cardio? too much cardio? heavy weights? lighter weights and more reps? I am confused and tired of jumping around and not sticking to anything because it seems like nothing works!

x(

well my vent is over.. I feel better now! LOl

Deb;-)

Hi Linny and Deb,

I'm 5'6" and wear a size 8. My goal is to get down to 150 which is a good weight for me. I have gotten down to 140, and I did not look good at all. Deb, I do cardio 4-5 times per week 3 days running and 1 or 2 days of spinning and that seems to work for me. I have also been doing the stairs at lunch (3 times per week) and try to do my weights 2-3 times per week. I have been eating clean for about 5 weeks and have lost 10 pounds. I like doing PUB/PLB and ME. I rotate these over and over again. These are the tapes that have helped me with my marathon training in the past and have made me a better runner.

Josie

Hi Deb and Josie:
Welcome Deb-Yep you sound alot like me.My weight is stuck. This week I've added a fast walk (approx.4miles) in after dinner. I'm hoping this will kick start something.
Josie: I work out daily,mostly with Cathe.I too prefer PUB/PLB. I do have alot of muscle but it has that nasty layer of fat over it.
I really would like to get down to 135. I have been trying to eat cleaner, I thinks this is my biggest problem.Bad food choices.
I have sent a goal to be in the 140's by June 1st.~Linny~

Josie and Linny:

We sound like we are all in the same boat!

Can you give me an idea of a typical week of excercise? I used to be really into BFL ( lost a lot of weight using it strictly including the excercise regime a few years back, so I am kind of stuck in the 3 cardio, 3 weight day rotation.. I can work out 5-6 days a week, for about 45-50 minutes.. Do you do both cardio and weights on the same day? how long do you work out? Sorry for all the questions, but maybe I can learn something different that will give me a way to attack this!

Deb

Hi Deb and Linny,

I ended up not doing my workout yesterday. Today is my day off, tomorrow I will be running a 5 mile run at an easy pace and on Sunday I will be doing a 10k.

Deb- Here is what I usually do, but I have lost most of my weight by eating clean.

M PUB in the AM + stairs at lunch
T Run 5.5 miles
W PLB in the AM + stairs at lunch
Th Spinning 45 minutes
F ME
Sa 6 miles
Su 6-8 miles (long run)

Hi Josie and Deb:
Looks like it just us now.
This is my workout schedule:
Su thru Sat: A form of cardio(50min)then weight lift 1 bodypart.
I started last week incorporating fast walking after dinner. My son and I did 4 miles twice last week.Next we'll bring it up to 3 times.
I know my food is biggest problem.I just need more willpower: )
I hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend.
Josie-Good Luck with your 10K tomorrow.~Linny~

Thanks for the replies! One more question (LOL!) when you do the one body part per day, do you use a Cathe ( Like Pure STrength or Gym Styles) or do you do your own thing?

Deb:)

Good Morning Ladies:
josie: Good Luck today!
Deb: I usually alternate between Pure strength and PUB. I usually don't do much for legs because I'm already pretty muscular there.Just need to get rid of excess fat.Last night I fast walked for an hour and did Kick,Punch and Crunch today. Also did a little of butt from legs and glutes.Have a great day!~Linny~

Gained again! I am so frustrated at the way I am right now.. I know it has to do with my eating and I am trying to eliminate sweets from my diet.. I am addicted to sugar, candy, baked goods etc. Right now I am allowing myself a hot chocolate with 1 TBL of Hershey's syrup and skim milk and one Kashi bar per day.. no other sugar items. I really need to give this a try for a while to prove that it is diet and nothing else!

Good Morning Ladies,

I felt great at the 10k yesterday. I kept a 10:00 minute pace through out the race. I could have done better, but it turned out to be in the high 80's by the time the race started and that slowed everyone. Today I will be doing the stairs at lunch and PUB tonight.

I could not get myself to wake up early this morning.

Deb, I had a hard time giving up salt. I love spicy and salty things and it took me a while. Just take one day at a time and don't beat yourself up too much.

Josie

Hi Ladies:
Josie: Congrats on your 10k. Did you do a 10 minute mile?
Deb: I know that goodies are my biggest weakest. A girl I work with has rules; No food at the computer and no food after dinner. She says on occasion she may have lowfat popcorn. She looks great! She has lost 40pds. She thinks doing interval training has been a big help. Her trainer tells her to mix things up. Because your body becomes acclimated to the same exercise and doesn't respond like it should.~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

Today I will be spinning. Linny, my time for the 10k was 1:01.
Have a great day!

Josie

Good morning Ladies:
Did Stepworks and Back from PUB.
Josie: I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but how far is a 10K?
Hi Deb : )
~Linny~

Hi Ladies: Josie thanks for the info. Thats a good little hike: )
I think I'm going to move this post to first page. Its getting harder and harder to find~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.