50 and Over ~~Tumultuous Tuesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Today was Pure Strength Chest/shoulders/triceps. We had a little excitement last night. There was a bat in our house! I was sitting at the computer and out of the corner of my eye I saw this "thing" floating around silently.. yikes! DH chased it around with a fishing net and finally got it upstairs in our bedroom YUK! He promised me it never touched the bed. Then we just let it out of the net outside.

Today's meals:

Pretty boring... I usually eat the same things all week! Tuesday DH picks up Chinese on the way home.

Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder with 12 oz water/ice blended
B-1/2 cup cheerios w/ 1/3 c strawberries and 1/3 c FF milk
S-1/2 cup LF cottage cheese w/3 tbl sugar free applesauce
L-PB&J on ww roll, grapes, FF milk
S-apple and stringster
D- 1 cup Hunan Chicken w/1/2 cup rice
S- WW choc bar or slim-a -bear bar

Rhonda:
Welcome Back :7 Hope you are getting into the school schedule easily. It seems like you were doing school work all summer! 20 minutes for lunch? that is not a lot of time to eat. I know you will do well with the eating because you are at your goal and have the will power to stay there. We are all behind you!

Linny:
Starting at 162 is not far off from where I started (155). If I continue to lose a pound a week I will be happy. Never heard of the Mr Bean movie. DH and I are so out of it when it comes to entertainment of any sort, We don;t watch TV, don't go to the movies and don;t listen to any new music on the radio.. I sometimes feel like I live under a rock! We read mostly, play with dogs, walk dogs, he is really into fly fishing, another relaxing hobby and I work out.

Jen:
I try to eat something every 3 hours. I know when the 3 hour mark is up! The good thing is I am able to turn down things like donuts and candy, which I always had a hard time doing. If I don;t start eating sweets, I'm ok. Once I start it's all over! I did view the Powerstrike at Collage.. seems interesting and one to keep in mind for after the new series is shipped etc. Isn;t it nice when you feel the muscles you have worked afterwards? You know you have done something good for yourself.

Garance: Is the Cardio timesaver on LIC difficult? is it all step? Wow you really worked with using a 10 # body bar! Sorry to hear about your sisters. It is so hard to lose your family. Yes I was only 21 when my Mom died. There was only my brother and I, and he was already married and out of the house. My Dad and I got pretty close. He has been re-married now for 25+ years but I can see the pain in his eyes when he talks about my Mom. She was the love of his life. He was only 50 when she died. He seemed old to me then, but now when I think about what he went through it breaks my heart. At the time, I was thinking "my Mom" died, not that my father's wife/friend died.

Back to more happy topics... what weights are you going to do today?

Hope everyone has a great day!

;) Deb

Hi Deb,

I did not workout on Monday. My husband and I were invited to dinner by one of his clients. Today I will be running and that is it.

How tall are you ladies? I'm 5'6" and weigh 166 pounds I want to loose 16 pounds by the time my marathon comes up. I have 19 weeks to go.

Josie

Hi Josie:

I am 5"4 and right now I weigh 145. I am down 10 pounds from around mid-June when I seriously started to watch what I was eating. I want to lose a total of 30 pounds by Feb 1. I am happy with 1 pound a week if it is continuous. I don;t want to lose 5, then plateau for weeks etc. I think I found my daily calorie intake of 1500 or less ( but not less than 1200) to be the right one for me. I believe in calorie staggering as well, so I may go with 1500 for 3 days, then up it to 1600 or 1700 for a day. This is usually my "treat" day so it works out well. :9

I think it is great that you are doing a marathon!

Deb

Deb,

I have also started to watch what I eat. I have a friend that is a trainer and she gave me a list of the food that I should be eating and she and I will start training together. She wants to run a marathon and, I can help her with that. She wants me to loose 2 pounds per week and she also told me to do cardio 5 day per week.

I will keep all of you posted on my progress.

Josie

Happy Tuesday, All,

Oh, Deb, I would have freaked out when I saw the bat! DH tells me to get over it because they eat so many mosquitoes, but we had a young man in the Houston area who died last year when he was bitten by a rabid bat. He was about to graduate high school. A few weeks before, he was taking a nap in his bedroom with the window open. It didn't have a screen. As I recall, he didn't even know he'd been bitten until someone in his family found the dead bat on the floor.

Yesterday, I did Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio and Classical Stretch Muscular Tension Release. I enjoyed them both very much. Tonight, I plan to do CTX Leaner Legs.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Oh, P.S. - I'm 5'6'', and weigh 175 - more than any of you ladies. I'm still working on it, though. 3 years ago I weighed 257, so I'm so much better off now.

Hi Deb and Josie and later posters--

I did the double upperbody premix on Push/Pull. The Cardio Timesaver premix on LIC is 47 1/2 minutes and is all done on the step. I think it's pretty intense because you leave out all of the weight 'intermissions' between the step routines and intervals.

I am 5' 3 1/2" and weigh 137 lbs. Down 13 since the end of May, most of them coming off quickly from South Beach. I would like to lose another 7 lbs., but I'm not sure if I want to go back to the rigors of the first 2 weeks of South Beach. Right now, I am doing a sort of modified South Beach, with probably more carbs than I should. But I love cooking and going out to dinner, so it's hard to be disciplined.

When and how often do all of you weigh yourselves? What kind of scale do you own? I weigh myself every morning before working out, and I totally disagree with those who never get on a scale. I tried that for awhile, and that's when my weight started to creep up. I'm in the market for a new scale.

I read yesterday that once again Americans are getting more obese. I cannot remember the percentages, but they were broken down by state: Colorado was the leanest, with only 17% obese adults, and the worst ones were, if I remember, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi. What really shocked me was the percentage of Americans who engage in NO exercise at all. I sometimes wonder if we are evolving into BLOBS with brains--jelly-muscled couch potatoes. I am so glad my sons were athletes. We just kept them moving from one sport to the next as children. Kept them out of trouble, gave them confidence, and they are still working out.

Well, enough of my meandering musing. Have a great day!

I am 5' 4" and weighing around 133. I started at 155 in May. This seems to be a comfortable weight and size 8's are fitting fine. I don't want to go much lower because it will be difficult to maintain. When loosing weight, I think it is important for find a way of eating that you can maintain long term. Otherwise I know I tend to yoyo.

School is moving along. I had a child with Autism having adjustment problems today. I have a behavioral consultant coming Thursday morning. Hopefully he will help me develop some good strategies.

However, tomorrow we go on our first community trip to a bowling alley. That is fun. The community is my classroom. And besides, I find that behaviors improve when students are busy and applying fundamental life skills in the community.

My Dad died of bladder cancer that metastisized to bone cancer when I was 21. He had been sick a number of years. Mom died about two years ago at the age of 87. She was around 56 when my Dad died. I often wished that she had found somebody else to have a relationship with. However, she was a loner and "did not want to be bothered."

The news in D.C. is going bonkers since the children here were found to be are the most obese in the country. I live in Maryland outside D.C. and I think we came in 29th.

Regards,

Rhonda

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Sorry I didn't post earlier, but my son was in a car accident today. He is ok,car is totalled. The truck he hit didn't even have a scratch on it and the driver was fine until he was leaving scene and said his neck was a little sore. He just called and said he is going to the md's on thursday to be checked out and is going to have his truck looked at and make sure that its ok. I think he may be a ambulance chaser(I hope I'm wrong). What a day! Son only has liability so he is out a car. So we also went car shopping today.
Here is my food intake for monday:
Special K and soymilk
mango and grapes
omelette with piece of raisin toast.
turkey burger and 40% lowfat chips
Lindt chocolate(oops)
3 capecoders(vodak and cranberry) I think I'll need one tonite too!
So I have been trying to keep track today and report tomorrow.
HI Josie,RHonda,Jen,Garance and anyone I missed ~Linny~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.