50 and Over: ~~Miraculous Monday !~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Today was cardio. I downloaded a new 40 minute I-Tread and did this one today. I also downloaded an I-Stretch Ab 20 minute workout that I have not listened to yet. Maybe I will tack that on to the end of my Wed cardio. It is beautiful here today, 58 degrees, low humidity. I wish it would stay like this for the rest of the season! DH and I went to a local art festival yesterday. It was very good. They had a local musical group that DH has been following so he wanted to see them live. We said we were going to post our eating starting with today. I can post mine because it is all planned out already:

After workout:protein shake made with water
B: 1/2 c Cherrios w/ 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/3 cup skim milk
Snack: lf yogurt
L: ham on WW , grapes, skim milk
Snack: apple w/string cheese
D: leftover arroz con pollo from sat lunch. yum, I only hate half so I could have half for dinner tonight. they make it with grilled chipolte chicken, mushrooms, onions, peppers. it is so good
S: WW choc bar or Slim-a bear bar

Jen:
It sounds like you had a great workout with Powerstrike. I may go over to Collage and see a clip, if they have one there. How long was the workout? I never did get into the TLT workouts, and Susan Harris was one of my favorite Firm instructors back in the old days when they made good workouts:-(

Garance:
Another kickboxing queen! Don't you hate when you go out and have a lousy meal? I LOL when you said you gave it to the pigs!:9 They probably loved it! Good that you got your DH to go to a movie and it was one that he enjoyed. Sorry to hear about your sisters. My Mom died of lung cancer too. She never tried to quit smoking.. her thing was to switch to menthol when she had a cold. She thought this was doing something good for herself. She was only 47 when she died.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Deb
;-)

Regards to all. Sorry but I have not been posting lately.

Here I am at school..First day with students and it is going pretty well. One of my resolutions this year is to take a 20 minute lunch.

Later will to PUB. Trying to maintain my food intake and not overeat. That is going to be a challenge.

Will try to post more over the next few days. Going to eat now.

Rhonda

Hi Ladies:
Deb: Came back last night from lake and ready to start writing all food eaten down. I will either post them tonite or in the morning. Depends if I stay at lake tonite. We are suppose to go at 3 and come back tonite, but we'll see. I think once we are there hubby will want to stay till morning. Looks like you have made some every good food chices. I really hope this works for us. I weighed myself this morning and I'm at 162 pds. I highest I have ever been. When I was pregnant the highest was 158 pds.x(
Rhonda:Good Luck with kids on first day back. My granddaughter doesn't go back till Sept.5. But at least you'll be starting your summer next year earlier.
Jen: Who is the instructor in PowerStrike? I love kickboxing, just can't do as much jumping as I use to.
Garance:Last nite the humidity was unbearable. I wished I had stayed at the lake. I worked out when I came home and was sweating bullets.Couldn't see the tv most of the time cause the sweat was in my eyes. I went and saw the Mr.Bean movie it was pretty good, had some laughs.He is one weird looking dude. When you go to the dance shows does your hubby go with you? I don't think mine would, unless they were wrestling or boxing while dancing.
I'll check in later.~Linny~

Happy Monday, All,

Rhonda, good luck and best wishes for a wonderful school year!

Deb, that sounds like a really good eating plan for today. Please let us know if you were hungry at any time throughout the day.

garance, I have to give Cathe the edge on Kickboxing. Powerstrike is different, and, wow, does Ilaria have a cut body, but the music was the same song over and over, and Ilaria is not the world's best cuer. The routines were fun though, once I caught on.

Yesterday, I did Finding Your Core with Susan Harris. I found it, along with my hamstrings, and a few other body parts that are talking to me. I really like the TLTs. The moves are very different from anything else I have. That, coupled with the view of Baltimore's harbor from the window behind the exercisers, makes the time fly.

Tonight, I plan to do Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio and Classical Stretch Muscle Tension Release.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

ETA: Linny, we must have posted at the same time. The Powerstrike instructor is Ilaria Mont. . . something. It's a long last name. If you go to the Collage web site, and type in Powerstrike, it's the only one that comes up. I think it's the most recent one they filmed.

Hi Deb, Rhonda, Linny, and Jen--

I did the cardio timesaver from LIC. The Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen I did yesterday with a 10 lb. bodybar on the combat intervals really worked my shoulders and back, so I thought I should stick with cardio today.

Ahh, Linny--DH used to go with me when we went at night (because he works all day haying, tending the animal kingdom, cutting wood, etc.), but then we wouldn't get back until very late and we both decided that we were too tired to really enjoy the performance. So now I go to Saturday matinees with two women friends and then go out to dinner with DH when I get back. It's much easier and actually, more fun this way.

Jen, if you like Powerstrike, you might also like the Absolute Kickboxing with Kimberly Spreen.

Deb, my sisters died at ages 61 and 70, and they both started smoking in their teens. 47 for your mom is really young. I bet you must have been pretty young when she died. Not to go on about my tales of woe, because I have really managed to overcome the woe, but I also had another sister who died at age 44 from a subarachnoid hemorrhage. She had earlier, in her 30s, had a brain aneurysm that was 'fixed', but that must have been an indication of a systemic problem. So--I have no siblings left, and my mom died in '98 at the age of 92. There were a few years when I just felt weird because I had no one who knew my family history anymore. Maybe that is the usual fate of the youngest in any family, but it felt uncanny and unlucky.

Tomorrow weights, weights, weights! Not sure yet what I will do.

Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.