50 and Over ~~ Wonderful Wednesday~~ !

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning:

Today was and I-Tread cardio and the I-Stretch Rockin Ab workout. This is a 20 minute ab workout that I downloaded from I-Train. I was only able to do about 8 minutes..then I crashed! Something to work up to. Here is today's eating plan for those of us that are trying to lose weight:

The I-Train site has a good listing of foods in their I-Diet section..geard towards either low glycemic, or for "clean eating. It is free and you just print them off.

Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder with 12 oz water/ice blended
B-1/2 cup cheerios w/ 1/3 c strawberries and 1/3 c FF milk
S-1/2 cup LF cottage cheese w/cantelope
L-PB&J on ww roll, grapes, FF milk
S-apple and stringster
D- Lean Cuisine dinner
S- WW choc bar or slim-a -bear bar

Josie: glad to have you in the weight goal club! I think it helps to keep track of your food. You should get the "3 Fat Chicks" tracker for your signature line! It seems goofy but it is fun. Here is the link for anyone that wants to add it:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php

Jen:
Your bat story give me the creeps! I kept thinking: " what if we hadn't seen it and it was flying around our bedroom when we were in bed?"!! Great job on the weight loss ;-)

Garance:
Wow.. good job on the LIC cardio timesaver. I don;t think I could do any Cathe step for 47 minutes, especially like you said, without the breaks for weights etc. I agree on the South Beach first 2 weeks. DH and I tried this once and we could not do this part. I like dairy too much! I find that if I restrict something completely, I am miserable and doomed to failure! Right now I am off chocolate and sugar items like cookies etc. That is really the only things I am trying not to eat, only because I can;t limit myself with this stuff. ;( Interesting report on obesity.. I think it is really an epedemic in this country. Look at the portions in restaurants...they have grown over the years and we keep wanting more!

Rhonda:
Good for you on reaching and staying at your goal. I would love to be in a size 8! That is my goal too. Your trip to the bowling alley sounds like a good thing for the kids. A great way to get into the community and excercise too!:) Sorry to hear about your Dad and Mom.. I find myself focusing more and more on death and illness as parents of friends and relatives are getting older. so sad...

Linny:
OMG.. so glad to hear your son is ok.. did he call the police to the scene? I found that you have to do that regardless of how serious the accident is because people all of a sudden "develop" injuries after they speak to their friends etc. Your eating sounds good... can;t blame you for having the "capecoders" ( I never heard that term before):+ Hopefully today is a better day for you!

Have a great day

p.s. the blog has been updated, but not too much info

Deb :)

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb: good food choices. I like the way you put a protein in with your carbs. I try but something seems to throw me off. Here is yesterdays menu:
Raisin Bran w/soymilk
Chicken(roasted)
SourPatch kids(oops)
Small steak and cheese sub
1 drink(capecoder)
Hopefully I'll have better food options today.
Jen:EEEKKK! I had a bat in my last year, flew down from the chimney.I ran screaming into bedroom amd closed the door. Luckily hubby was there or I'd have stay in my room till someone took care of it. I'm 5'4" and 162pds. Congrats on your weight loss, thats great!
Garance: On the obesity issue~I think alot of the problem is poverty. You noticed all the fat crappy food is cheap.Maybe instead of foodstamps they should be giving fruit and vegetable stamps. To eat well you need to have the money to do it. Also believe its due to poor education. Hopefully since there is more reporting about the obesity issue people will do something about it.
Rhonda: I'm 5'4" and 162pds. You are where I'd like to be in the 130's. I'm hoping to lose 25pds by Feb.
Josie: Good Luck with your training. We're all rooting for you!
I'll try to check in before we go to lake this afternoon~Linny~

Hi Deb and Linny--

I did Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp, with 38 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of core and stretch.

Yes, I think poverty does contribute to obesity, since the states that had the most growth in obesity were also pretty poor. I wonder about people who are coupon-crazy, too, because most coupons seem to be for convenience foods. Maybe everyone should have a summer garden, because that is really cheap. We've been eating lettuce since early spring, and my husband just keeps replanting the seeds. Right now, I am gorging on tomatoes, snarfing down grilled eggplant, making ratatouille and baba ghannoush once a week and waiting for the big squashes so I can make soup in the fall. My husband also raises all of our beef and pork, so our food bill is pretty small. I make up for it with my wine purchases. I have a serious Chardonnay addiction. What is a Capecodder again, Linny? When I have a drink, it's usually a Manhattan, straight up, made with Maker's Mark. Num--good down to the bourbon soaked cherry!

Learned something interesting yesterday. We have a pair of nesting hawks in one of our fields, and this year they have a fledgling. Apparently, when the fledgling gets to a certain age, the parents stop feeding it and it's tough love--it must learn how to hunt by watching the parents. In the meantime, the fledgling shrieks endlessly for food--one long piercing note. According to a friend who is also a bird expert, sometimes the parents don't even try to teach the fledgling--they just fly away. But this couple is clearly trying to show their babe how to do it. We watch them circling everyday. Finally, yesterday we saw the fledgling make its own kill--probably a rabbit.

Anybody read that nasty and endless thread over at the Open Forum? I honestly don't understand what the thrill is in going on and on to verbally throttle a stranger. My tendency, though, is voyeuristic--I become somewhat mesmerized by the emotional intensity as it unfolds.

Finally, GO RED SOX! (Hope there are no serious Yankee fans here.)

Hi Ladies,

Today I will be running with my trainer and then she wil kick my butt at weight training.

Garance, My favorite drink is also a Manhattan with Maker's Mark. but I prefer red wines. Chardonnys get to my head very fast.

Deb, Thank you for the link.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.