50 and Over: ~~ Tired Tuesday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning to all:

I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday weekend. I am tired! We went to the Lands'End Inlet yesterday and I got 3 wrinkle free shirts for all under $20 each. The regular price is around $48.50.. DH got a pair of dress shoes at a great price too.

Today was Pure Strength, Chest Triceps and Shoulders.

Todays menu:

After workout rotein shake made with water
B: 1/2 c Cherrios w/ 1/3 cup strawberries, 1/3 cup skim milk
Snack: L/F Cottage cheese w/applesauce
L: ham on WW , grapes, skim milk
Snack: apple w/string cheese
D: leftover Sante Fe Chicken salad sat lunch.
S: WW choc bar or Slim-a bear bar

Jen:
Too bad you had to work on the holiday x( . Hope you were able to get that workout in afterwards.

Garance:
A woman afer my own heart! Doing S&H!:7 I think you will get DOMS with the weights you were using.. Good for you! Sounds like your family had some "fun in the country".

Have a great day!

Deb;-)

Hi Deb and later posters--

I did the step combos premix on Low Max this morning. Won't be working out tomorrow--too busy with registration in the morning.

Good for you on those shirts, Deb! I love bargains, but I am often too lazy to seek them out.

So far, just a little DOMS from S & H, mostly in the back of my shoulders.

Deb, I tried those Slim a Bear bars since you spoke so highly about them. They are nummy and a fairly low cal treat.

Back to class preparations for me!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Hi Deb,Garance and all after:
Well back from the lake. Weather was nice but cool on saturday and sunday was too windy, so no waterskiing. Hubby wanted to go today after work but looks too windy. I'm kinda glad, get back into a routine with eating. Also I'm not to keen about going into water now that its cooling down.Might have a hive breakout.
Had my physical and met with HR and filled out standard insurance and W-4 forms. One thing good about being affilliated with hospital is great insurance. $10 co-paysfor MD visits and anything else is paid for.
Deb: I'm back with you and the food posting. I'll post todays choices tomorrow. Wow that is a great deal on those shirts. Lately I've been doing shopping online but I have to get new clothes for job so I'll have to try them on. Nothing fits. I've gained 10pds this summer. Mostly in my waist.WWWWAAAHHH!
Garance: Good Luck with your class preparations. I didn't know Lowmax had a premix. I quess I'll have to check it out. I did Bodymax and tris today.
Hope you ladies have a wonderful day~Linny~

Boy, am I glad to be able to post this!

I got to work this morning, headed down to the tunnel for my usual coffee, got on the elevator, the doors closed, and the elevator fell 2 floors, accompanied by a loud crash and boom.I fell, passed out for a minute, then tried to get out. None of the controls worked. I pressed the intercom, then sat in there for ONE HOUR until someone could get me out. I hurt my back, knee, ankle, and hip. The worst part was wondering for an hour if the elevator would go ahead and fall 8 more floors down to the basement.

I finally got out, filled out stuff with the Safety department, took a cab to a clinic that takes workman's comp (naturally, my doctor doesn't), waited forever, saw the doctor, waited forever for a cab back to work, filled out more forms, and am finally sitting at my desk still shaking.

I have whiplash, but I'll be fine. I'm sure I'll be sore for a few days, but am otherwise okay.

There will be no workout tonight, but there will be a glass of wine!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.