50 and Over ~~ Thursday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning!

It is going to be hot here today... up to 88 degreesx( . Today was Pure Strengh Back/Biceps/Abs.

Today's Menu:

Post workout: Choc protein drink w/12 oz water
B- 1/2 c Cherrios w/1/3 c strawberries, 1/3 c skim milk
S- stringster w/apple
L- Going out with a friend for Indian food :9
S- stringster and 5 L/F Triskets
D- Not sure yet.. leaving it up to DH.
S- Slim a Bear or WW Choc ice cream bar

Garance:
Yes.. I am the same if I don;t excercise. I feel lazy and sluggish. So now that you got DOMS from S&H Legs, will you continue to use the series? Good for you for resisting that Danish!

Linny:
Your menu sounded good yesterday. Yes. I try to plan my meals in the morning.. usually the only one that is different each day is dinner. I mix up the snacks a little, but I only have 2-3 things I use. Do you know how many calories you are taking in? Regarding the Odella bars...I went to their web site and there is not a store within 100 miles from here that sells them! I might try Ebay.. I like the one Pre-Mix on Low Max, with the first 4 combos and intervals. These are the only ones I have been able to do!x( I just went over to Ebay and bought a box of the Super Protein bars! 16 grams of protein sounds like a good thing for one of my midday snacks.. I hope they taste good!

Jen:
I hope you are feeling better. The B&B is exactly what you need. You should not do anything strenuous until next week.. The ice cream place sounds like fun. We toured Ben & Jerry's in Vermont.. they were pretty cheap.. gave us a small container ( like the ones they give you pills in in the hospital!) of ice cream at the end.

Josie:
Sorry to hear about your friend. I will keep remember her in my prayers.

Hi Deb and those to follow:
Josie: I'll be saying prayers for your friend. Hugs to you.
Jen: Have fun this weekend at your B&B. Hopefully your neck will be better(no swinging from the chandilers;-) )this weekend.
Garance:Hope DOMS is better today. I did Rhythmic step and chest for PUB today. Went shopping yesterday for new clothes. I was so upset I put everything down and walked out of the store with nothing. I'm a size 12 now, I have never been that size before. just feel like stopping all my meds and get thin again.x(
Deb: Good for you to have a set menu plan for the day. I think I may try it to see if that helps. I have been reading an article in M&F about supplements and may be making some changes.Supposedly chromium,glutamine and carnitine are good fat-burners. I'll think I'll have to take out the old cardcard. Regarding Odwalla~ I never tried the Super Protein ones, but the Strawberry Pomegratite,Berries GoMega and Choc.Chip Peanut are yummy. I think Amazon sells them too. I'll check in later.~Linny~

Hi Deb and Linny and later posters--

I did Slow and Heavy Chest and Back. I'm pretty sure I will get sore from this one. I did 20s for the first three sets of chest press, and then went down to 15s for everything else on the chest. Stayed with Cathe on the back exercises--except for deadlifts, which I did with 20s through all of the sets.

Beautiful day here for the start of classes. I don't teach until tomorrow, but I do have an organizational meeting with my seminar students tonight. We meet just once a week from 1:10-3:50 on Wednesdays. My other class is on Tuesday and Friday afternoons from 1:10-2:25. It's a great schedule.

Sorry, Linny, about the size change. It's probably the medications that are sabotaging your efforts. I'm pretty much stuck at 137 lbs., but I'm just happy I took off the 13 and have kept them off. I am doing a modified South Beach. I have 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon for breakfast with 6 oz orange juice. For lunch, three large tomatoes with lots of salt and pepper, a couple of boiled ham and swiss cheese roll-ups, and either a piece of fruit or a CocoaVia bar (which is either 80 or 90 calories, depending on which one). For dinner I love to cook and have some wine, so this is where I, no doubt, prevent myself from losing. Last night I made a recipe called "Apple Harvest Linguine," and this includes bacon and cream, but it's our bacon, which is really meaty, and the sauce is so good! We have salad every night from the garden, and I have been serving large wedges of canteloupe with slivers of prosciutto on the side, or sometimes grilled eggplant drizzled with eggplant and basil.

Well-back to class prep for tomorrow!

Have a great day, ladies.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.