50 and Over ~~ A Terrific Thursday!~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all:

Still with the Pure Strength series, today was Back/Biceps. I have one more week after this and then time for a new rotation. I am still not sure which I will do.

Someone had asked about what type of scales we had and when we weigh ourselves.. I don;t think I answered. Anyway, I have a standard doctor's scale. It is in the basement, right in my workout room. DH and I bought it about 25 years ago and it is still exactly as it was day one! I think it was around $150 which was a lot of money and still is! I don;t regret it at all. I weigh myself once a week, (sometimes I cheat and do it twice;-) ).

Today's menu, minus dinner as I have not figured that out yet:

Post workout: 1 scoop protein powder with 12 oz water/ice blended
B-1/2 cup cheerios w/ 1/3 c strawberries and 1/3 c FF milk
S-1/2 cup LF cottage cheese w/cantelope
L-PB&J on ww roll, grapes, FF milk
S-apple and stringster
D- ??
S- WW choc bar or slim-a -bear bar

As you can see, I am pretty boring and eat about the same things every day, except for dinner. I am trying to stop making food my whole focus, which is what I was doing before! That is what got me to the highest weight I ever wasx(

Linny:
I find that protein with a carb really keeps the hunger down. You are getting a good start. ( Those Capecoders sound good!.. cranberry juice has a lot of vitamins too!:9 .

Garance:
You are so lucky to have a whole selection of fresh food at your fingertips:9 . I love the hawk story.. although feel sorry for the little ones that are ignored;( . I did read some of that awful thread. Boy, what starts out as some small remark, ( maybe not so good but I don;t think it was meant to be malicious) balloons into something so big and negative.. I try to stay out of that stuff. Not a baseball fan here so Go Red Sox!

Josie: what type of weight work does your trainer have you doing?

They announced the contestants for the new season of Dancing With the Stars.. does anyone else watch this? I love to watch dancing, so this is the only show all year that I watch at night. Cameron Matheson ( from All My Children) is one of the contestants...and yes I am an AMC fan! I think the first show is 9/24.

Have a good day;-)

Deb

Happy Thursday, All,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday - I hate it when I have to work all day at work! I had a splitting headache when I got home, so didn't exercise. I may not today, either, as I am giving blood and platelets at work - that always makes me feel crummy for the rest of the evening.

Deb, yes, I love Dancing With the Stars. I have a feeling Wayne Newton is going to be a hoot!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen and later posters--

This morning I did the double upper body premix on Supersets.

I love Dancing with the Stars! Who else is going to be on this time??

I watched All My Children when it first started and stayed with it for many years, but haven't watched it for the last 25. I lost interest about the time of my first son being born I guess.

Hot and humid for one day here.

Red Sox lost again last night to the d--- Yankees, our arch-rival. Boo!

Another new thing I learned yesterday, reading the work of a younger colleague: current scholarship believes Thoreau was gay. I'm not an Americanist, but I did read Walden in grad school and it never occurred to me that he might be gay.

Another interesting tidbit: the University of Vermont has bathrooms in their new student center for transgendered individuals. It seems that if you are a man who identifies with women you are uncomfortable in men's rooms--but you have to use them because you can't go into a women's bathroom looking like a man (but feeling like a woman), and vice versa as well. I'm getting old and feel like I understand less and less. Who knew all this was around me all this time??

Hi Ladies: Did Lowmax and bis from PS today.
Deb: My menu from yesterday(not impressive)
spec.K w/soymilk
Odwalla bar
Vegatable crisps
Out to Dinner(Mexican)
2 Margaritas
chicken nachos
shared a fried icecream w/hubby
Well went to clean out my son's totalled car and the guy who owns tow company said that the guy my son rearended was taking pictures of his car.The owner told him that he couldn't take pictures on private property(car was in fenced in area) and he said I'll taking pictures for my lawyer. So now my husband is all upset thinking the guy is going to sue us and take our home. Life just ain't getting any better:( Well I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Garance: I too used to watch All my Childrens from day one. But after 10 years I started working days and had to stop watching it.
I'm a Red Sox fan too!~Linny~

ALSO
Josie: Go Speed Racer!
Garance: Your story about the hawks reminded me of sommething that happened tuesday. My husband was waterskking and the driver of the boat pointed out a bald eagle flying next to us above the trees. My husband was pointing and smiling that he was skiing as fast as the eagle. I wish I had my camera.Darn it.
Capecoder is vodak and cranberry juice. Delich!
Jen: I hope you're feeling better soon~Linny~

Hi Ladies,

My trainer canceled on me yesterday, but I will see her tonight.
She usually makes me do a total heat to toe workout since I'm only going to see her twice per week.

I ran 4 miles yesterday and tonight I will just do the weights.
It is very hot and humid here in LA.

Have a great evening everyone!

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.