50 and Over : ~~ Sultry Saturday & Sunday~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Evening to all:

I did not get a chance to start the thread this morning as I had to be out of the house by 6:45 am to go to our club's Obedience Trial. It was so hot and humid there, a large rec center with no air conditioning! No workout today as Saturday is my rest day.

Garance:
I give you kudos for doing 60 minutes of any part of Drill Max! I have not even opened that one.x( Sounds like you are sticking to the SB pretty well!:*

Linny:
I think you will like the I-Treads if you like using a treadmill or eliptical.. Your menu was pretty good. I won;t even post what I had today at the Obedience trial.. not any junk, but potato salad, macaroni salad etc.. I try to stay away from this stuff because of the amount of mayonaise in them.. however this is what was served and I was really hungary!x( What is the new challenge in the Fitness magazine?

Josie:
Good for you for having the will to run in this heat! Hope the Manhatten was good. :9

I'll check in again tomorrow after my workout!

Deb

Hi to all that follow:

Well it has been raining for hours here. We really need the rain, however it is going to be difficult going to a baby shower with a huge gift and 90 mini- quiches! I am going to try a lower body focused rotation for now, hoping that the new workouts come before 4 weeks of this !
Day 1 : SS Upper Body Blast ( I did this today 65 min, 293 calories)
Day 2 Cardio Interval I-Tread
Day 3 Leaner Legs
Day 4: Interval I-Tread
Day 4: Legs & Glutes
Day 6: Interval I-Tread
The Interval I-Treads have a lot of incline anywhere from 2-10% so your legs get a good workout as well.

Today's menu:
Post workout: Choc protein drink w/12 oz water
B- 1/2 c Cherrios w/1/3 c strawberries, 1/3 c skim milk
S- L/F yogurt
L: Hopefully good picks at the shower!
S: same as above
D: wait for DH to decide when he gets back from the obedience trial
S: the usual of maybe nothing depending on how the rest of the day wentx(

Here is a link to the article in the Buffalo News about our dog event this weekend:D http://www.buffalonews.com/cityregion/story/158594.html

Will check in later

Deb

Hi Deb and later posters--

This morning I did Gay Gasper's Cardio Express Step workout. I had forgotten how long it is (53 minutes of stepping, 7 minute dancy cooldown and 10 minutes of abs). Sultry is the right word! It's 80 percent humidity here, so even though it isn't as hot as it was yesterday, I was pretty soggy working out.

We are currently getting some much-needed rain, but it will also be a spoiler for the President's reception for new faculty and staff. I'm not going to wear any new shoes and then spoil them by tromping through grass and mud. No siree!

I'm going to do S&H for my weights this week and throw in one circuit workout to touch on all muscles.

That obedience trial looks very challenging. How did your dogs do, Deb?

Hi,

I am back from the baby shower.. very nice! and I didn't even have one cookie! stayed with the fresh fruit and salad, and a veggie roll up.

Garance:

DH and I are volunteering for the trial as workers only..no showing. My dogs are retired from Obedience training and showing. "Kelsey" is 12, and she has 2 titles in Obedience and one in Agility. "Clancy" is 11 and he has one title in Obedience. They are both certified Therapy Dogs as well. They "performed" for us for years so they deserve to live out the rest of their lives as couch potatoes, chasing the occasional squirrel or rabbit! ;-)

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.