50 and Over: ~~ Saturday & Sunday ~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good afternoon!

I did not have a second to get on the boards until now. I went to see my Dad in the hospital...brought him the morning paper and some coffee..he said the coffee there was terrible. He thinks he will be released tomorrow so that is a good thing. I am going to look into getting him one of those medical alert things so in case this happens again and he is alone, he will be able to get help. Today was a "rest" day for me. LOL

Linny:
Yes, my Dad does do the Nebs treatments, 4 times a day. I think you hit the nail on the head, I think it was the weather change that caused the attack. Hope you had a good time at the lake!

Josie:
Good job on running! Thanks for the good thoughts for my Dad.

Garance:
So sorry to hear about your Dad! and only 2 years old. Regarding Jodie Foster and all others that look great in their 40's.. is this without any "outside assistance"? Hope you enjoyed the movie! Good for you for getting some new clothes to make you feel better. Whatever it takes!

Jen:
Yes.. parents can be so trying at times ! We now know how they felt when we were teenagers and they tried to talk sense into us! Hope you enjoyed that wine ( or 2!)

Will check back in tomorrow

Deb
:)

Hi,

Looks like everyone must be pretty busy this weekend. I started another week of Pure Strength with cardio mixed in. I think I will do this for another week after this one and hopefully the new workouts will be delivered by then!

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

Deb;-)

Happy Weekend, All,

Deb,I'm so glad your dad is feeling better.

Yesterday, I did Powerstrike. It's relatively new to me; this was my second time doing it. I liked it a lot. I love kickboxing, and this is different from my other KB tapes. Her cuing could be better in spots, but the choreography wasn't too complex, so it wasn't a big deal.

I could tell I was working, but never came close to gasping for air. The time went quickly, too. Imagine my surprise then, when my blood sugar was extremely low when I finished. This must mean it's quite a calorie burner. Yay! I love it when I burn lots of calories painlessly.

Today, I plan to do TLT Finding Your Core with Susan Harris.

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Hi Deb and Jen--

I did Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickboxing--the 70-plus minutes of kickbox and bodybar intervals. I was really sweating a lot because of the humidity. At least the temperature is down today--was up to 88 degrees yesterday when I went to Jacob's Pillow and the humidity was awful.

We had these incredible T-storms last night. Incredibly good luck--we didn't have a power outage, BUT the restaurant we had made reservations for DID, and we ended up eating at this terrible Chinese place. Most of my dinner ended up going to the pigs, who really relish leftovers.

The Bourne Ultimatum was okay. I tired of the match-on-an-action editing which was used to such excess that you never seemed to see any action completely fulfilled. But my husband was happy and it's so hard to get him to go out at all--farmer workaholic up at 5, in bed at 10 after a couple innings of the Red Sox.

Loved the Hubbard Street Chicago dance troupe. They did so many different types of choreography that it was sort of like a clinic in modern dance. They also did a piece called The Kiss with two dancers in harnesses (like Johnny Jump-ups) and with all kinds of wonderful interactions. My favorites were the pieces by Twyla Tharp and Duate.

Deb, so happy to hear about your dad. I had two sisters who died of lung cancer because they couldn't/wouldn't stop smoking, and they had a lot of prior warnings in terms of breathing issues, although they were never diagnosed with emphysema. One of my sisters just seemed to have chronic bronchitis.

Hey, Jen, I did all of the Powerstrikes for awhile and then sold them on ebay. I liked them, but not well enough to keep them beyond a certain number of repeat viewings. I will be interested to hear how you think they compare to Cathe's kickbox tapes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.