50 and Over : ~~ Fabulous Friday ~~

fox2star

Cathlete
Good Morning all!

It's Friday and we are having another heat wave here. It is 78 degrees and very humid. They are predicting that the storms around Chicago will be here this morning, with thunder, lightning etc. I just hope we don;t lose power. My Dad was taken into the hospital Wed night because he had an attack and couldn;t breathe. He is ok now, but they want to keep him a couple of days for observation. He has emphazema and is supposed to be on oxygen 24/7.. of course he doesn't do that so once in a while it catches up with him.. He lives about 50 miles away, so DH and I will be going there this weekend to visit and give him H**l!

Today was cardio so another I-Tread..

We went to the Ronald McDonald house yesterday and we washed all the windows (inside only). There were 8 of us. The house has 15 bedrooms and 11 bathooms! It is an old mansion that was built in 1865 by the Knox family ( long time wealthy family in Buffalo) for a wedding gift to their daughter. Their own estate was a few houses down. They do such a wonderful service at these places. Most of the people there are woman with premature babies that are waiting to be able to take them home. Also parents of children with diseases that need special periodic treatments, They come from all over the world.

Linny:
I hope you are able to find a download you like. Sorry to hear that the hives came out again x( It seems that "cold" draws them out? You said they came when you went in the water at the lake too. Does the FakeBake have that awful sunless tanner smell?

Josie:
Thanks for the tip on the tantowels.. hope your workout at the gym was good!

Jen:
I have yet to try the Tamilee stretch DVD, but I know it is there and I want to add it on to a Cardio day sometime. You gave away your S&H tapes....:-(

Garance:
I agree that all skin does look better tanned! It sort of slims it down somehow! That is why everyone I know that goes to Mexico in February, goes to a tanning salon about 3 times before going. But as we get older, we are more concerned with looking as young as possible and the cancer scare is there as well. That is why I am on a mission for a good sunless tanner. And no I cannot do the elevations in the Core workoutx( I used to do those in front of the TV when I was really young. I remember my brother and I trying to see who could hold up the longest. Now I can;t even get up there! Congratulations on the $25 win:D I'll have to check out the new More mag this weekend,

Have a great day... I'll be back tomorrow!

Good Morning Deb and those to follow:
Deb:Sorry to hear about your Dad. men can be so stubborn at times.Maybe this scare having to go to the hospital will make him take his O2 more seriously. Does he also do neb treatments? Usually with more humidity breathing problems get worse.
Its so wonderful that you do that for the Ronald McDonald house:)
I haven't check out those downloads yet. Wasn't able to go to store yesterday to get cd's. Darn foot is still bothering me.Anything cold(water or air)I get a allergic reaction. MD thinks its hormomal(menopause)nothing they can do except to control with meds.
Yes they Fakebake has a bad smell,seems like anything that works half decent stinks.
Garance: I have a subscription to More. Doesn't Jodi Foster look great? Las tmonth they had a article on Holly Hunter and she looked great too.Whatever these ladies are doing its working.
Jen: I have Tamilee's I Want That body dvds. i like to use them once in awhile to break things up.
Josie My Birthday is in November too. When is your grandsons?Don't work out to hard this weekend.You energizer bunny.
Well ladies: I'm going to the lake this afternoon, so I'll probably not be back till sunday. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.~Linny~

Hi Deb and Linny,

Today is my day off. My grandson's birthday is November 29th and his brother of sister is due around the same time. I'm going to need a double jogger now.

I will be running on Saturday (3 miles) and then going to the gym for some weight training. On Sunday I will be running (5 miles) and doing a few sand dunes.

Deb, sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep him in my prayers.

Have a great weekend!

Josie

Hi Deb, Linny, Josie and later posters--

I did Gym Style Chest and Triceps this morning. A good choice for a most humid morning. Deb, I think you and I have the same weather systems moving through. I admire your work for the Ronald McDonald House in Buffalo. I donate money to various charities and causes, but I am always fearful about committing time--probably selfish, too, because I never feel like I have enough time to do all of the fun things I want to do. Maybe when I retire. Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad died when I was 2, so I never really knew him.

Yes, Linny, Jodie Foster looks great at 44. I remember her when she was really young--on TV and then in Taxi Driver. She even had that husky voice when she was little.

Tonight DH and I are finally going to see the Bourne Ultimatum--unless the power goes out with major T-storms moving through. That's what happened when we tried to see Ocean's 13. Never did see that one.

Tomorrow I am going to my last event at Jacob's Pillow--a dance troupe from Chicago--Hubbard Street. Always sorry to see the season come to an end.

I have rectified my blahs by spending a small fortune at JCrew.com. Bought a dress and a jacket--a little velveteen cropped number called Bella in this sumptuous blue shade. I checked the new arrivals and saw this knockout silk twill dress in a gorgeous large check pattern--iris and black. Yummy! Cannot wait to wear it--probably to the annual reception here for new faculty. It's held at a big estate that the Rockefellers owned formerly and then donated to the college.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Happy Friday, All

Deb, good luck on talking sense into your dad. My mother has emphesema also, and still chain-smokes. She is a very intelligent woman otherwise, but she makes me want to tear my hair out. AND she has the nerve to tell me that diet soft drinks are bad for me - Argh!

Yesterday was my rest day, if you call working all day then doing housework resting! Tonight I plan to do a 60-minute Classical Stretch, Athletes Intense Stretch. From what I've read about this one, she'll wind up stretching me out but she'll make me work for it pretty hard first.

After exercise and a shower, I plan on having a glass of wine, maybe 2!

Have a wonderful day,
Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.